PDA

View Full Version : (3.5 Essentia Pools)

kayden87
2011-07-17, 12:32 PM
Hello, just currious on how Essentia works. I have read the MoI book( Magic of Incarnum ). I still dont quite understand it. Im making a Psion/anarchic initiate and I saw the feat midnight augmentation which is pretty nifty feat. The feat it self gives 1 essentia which thus now gives you an essentia pool. Other than the 'Bonus essentia feat" is there any way to get more than 2 essentia points? with out loseing a manifester level in any way? Or is 2 going to be the best i can get?

And possible to get the most updated information? third party or 3.0 rules wont work for me D:

Yuki Akuma
2011-07-17, 12:34 PM
Most Incarnum feats give you bonus essentia points.

kayden87
2011-07-17, 12:38 PM
and thats about it? Just keep taking feats to gain 1 essentia to your pool?

Hmm, dont know if midnight augmentation is worth it now lol. But 1 free augment is still nice tho.

Yuki Akuma
2011-07-17, 12:40 PM
Well keep in mind that the most essentia you'll ever need is 4, if you're just going to be using Midnight Augmentation.

HunterOfJello
2011-07-17, 12:44 PM
Also, the most essentia you can put into anything is 4 (unless you have some sort of feat or class feature that says otherwise). There's also the fact that you are limited to the amount of essentia that you can put into anything based on your character level. The table for it is on page 19.

Reluctance
2011-07-17, 12:46 PM
Being an azurian or duskling will give you a point. As will taking other essentia-based feats.

Depending on reading, you might be able to get away with stealing essential from another character. Gloves of Essentia Theft, Rings of Essentia, or an item of Soul Boon might all help, if essentia feats are ruled to only count what happens when they're activated at the start of the day rather than tracking your current essentia pool. You need another meldshaper handy for the first two and probably some decent UMD for the last, though.

Glimbur
2011-07-17, 01:16 PM
You could be a Soul Manifester (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20060217a). It would take four feats to get in without losing a manifester level. Or, for two levels you can get in with only the Azure Talent feat. Good luck!