PDA

View Full Version : Fairies dancing on acid... ok, lower the dosage? IC

Pages : [1] 2

drack
2011-07-17, 02:32 PM
Here lay the IC of the game... may we actually use it eventually :smallbiggrin:

So you knew this:

What you know of the plot: You are all big fish in the world. Dragons are all either dead or still in their age long sleep, all the ancient forests have been cleared. All the denizens of the deep have been slain, and it's gotten to the point where a century or so ago 'brave heroes' are simply warriors who visit cites where the few monsters that haven't been killed have been sealed for ages, and they get some priest to free it so they can fight. Such events usually begin with thousands of renown fighters and end with little over a hundred. All the ruins have been explored, some preserved, others destroyed in order to build a new five story cloths shop, warehouse, or even some rich old lady's wine cellar. Trolls, dwarves, elves, gnomes, ect. live alongside humans as equals, the magical achievements that approach even the wonder of the old creations of the gods. Than again they needed to be, gods being as lacking as dragons. Sure from time to time a rampaging god appears, but never in any coherent state of mind. Somehow divine magic still exists, but not even high priests have any idea why, in fact many clerics just prey to themselves for their daily spells. With the lack of giant monsters there are still monsters of a sort. Magi who have accumulated far more power than dragons had at the height of their age. Warriors who have extended their lives through magic, and now literally wield the strength of a thousand men, others that were a thousand men in the first place and just subject to some experiment or another that bound them. In any case humanoids quickly found how to supplement any dragon with a smite happy high priest or a mage with a bit too much magic in their tower. You are among these titans, powerful members of society with only one thing in common. You all rule over the area.

Indirectly of course. Everyone pays taxes to an emperor or king, but the vary whisper of your name clears away crowds, brings kings to their knees, and strikes fear into opposing legions. Unfortunately something terrible has happened, and in order to address the problem you all came together at the center of the capital of a small country you all live in, kukucklevell. Through your journey you saw evidence of this great calamity beginning to stir up anarchy in the common folk, and it's gotten bad enough that a few bandits actually attempted to mug each of you along the road. Honestly it's hard to tell which is more surprising, that there are bandits, or that they're trying to mug even you! magic is gone...

Mechanical implications
nobody knows why or where, but it's gone. Spells may still be prepared by drawing on the power stored in items (take the cost of the item and you get that equivalent in scrolls worth of spells, your max capacity standing. therefor say I wanted a level 1 spell I'd draw power from 25gp of magic items (rendering them useless) and granting me the spell, spells are still prepared with the usual hour once/day, and one item can grant multiple spells, but no one item can be used to prepare spells more than once (don't waste your +5 weapon on a level 1 spell). Also spell storing items can simply have the spells drawn from them, full casters get double starting funds for obvious reasons and still get the 1/2 price discount since you're gonna wanna start with a good supply such that you don't burn out. Also standard min caster level scroll costs are fine, no need for it to be epic. Go nuts

Now to be more specific you were all called by some mysterious power that canceled all your appointments, got you evicted from your homes, ect. in order to free you up if you delayed coming. All that you have is one note sent by pidgin... and somehow the pidgin blew up after the message was removed and before you could tap into it's mind in order to determined it's origins... man, some people are so paranoid when the world starts ending aren't they :smalltongue:

that bout sums it up until you get individual posts. Your first IC post will be edited in here after you're done with your character, and after I write it.

Throneya

It’s been a tiring journey to get this far, but soon the great and mighty walls of Kukucklevell, a beacon of order in this wrecked country. Or at least you hope it is… You have passed all too many people making their way there, and a good fifth of them trying to rob the others and leave them by the roads with their throats slit, too many to burry. Rounding the bend you have a view of tranquil forests, and a clear blue river cutting through the land right beside the capital. Kukucklevell its self is safely hidden behind massive granite walls with the occasional thatched tower poking over the wall. Taking a moment to enjoy the scenery you notice a confrontation in the valley below… perhaps Kukucklevell isn’t a safe place after all. Below is a old man laying under an ash tree with a woman around 30 of age standing in front of him brandishing two dark sticks at the assailants.
Come now, all we wish to do is burn the old man to Aldine such that he’ll give us back his gifts. You have no part in this child, go find yourself a good husband and be happy.
You had seen this all too often lately. When magic disappeared from the world it reminded the people of the absence of the gods, and some gods believed to be the source of magic would be given praise. But then some fool thought up the idea that if you give sacrifice to the god of dark and bloody rituals he’ll grant you magic. Naturally this never worked, but there was always that hope that maybe they just needed one more…
I told you already the woman replies coolly. I will not give you this man for sacrifice, nor for any other use.

But look at this bag of bones. He’ll likely be gone in a few more days anyways, and I would hate to see such a cute face lost over such a geezer in any case. You would be welcome to a place in our village… just step aside.
It sounds as if the woman curses in some on language composed of clicks before she replies in the same calm voiceNo, now I suggest you go you’re your own cute little face back to your doomed village before-
Suddenly the man charges at her... the other muggers jeer and laugh at their friend, yet it only slows the man for a second.
Map (you can always walk away if you want, but maps always give that nice feel of knowing the situation): https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=t0Jrz8pokav2CkRYohAUYOQ#gid=0

Rafael

The sun was coming down over the horizon paining the sky a million shades nestled above the leafy branches off the trees. As a rather strong breeze causes them to wave energetically, but that didn’t matter. You had seen this sort of view millions of times. No you were trying to remember that one battle. You don’t really remember why, but what was it? It wasn’t the battle of Hammerstone forge… it couldn’t be the charge of… whatever it was they were calling it nowadays… no, was it the juggling war… no, that one was just small battles hardly worth consideration, like the small balls of a juggler… what was it… the battle of Birdback valley?... no, was there even a battle of Birdback valley? Abruptly you walk right into a young man and you both fall over.

The man looks flustered, and as you come aware of your surroundings you notice that there is snickering from the woods around you. Quickly picking himself he attempts to make himself sound dignified ”Old man, we are the grey leaf bandits, and you have no chance of survival unless you quickly hand over all your possessions and beg and plead for your life”
A few other young men echo
”yeah the grey leaf bandits”
”Yeah ‘at’s right gramps, empty ya loot ‘for we emp’y it fur ya”
This reminds you of… well actually it reminds you of a pitiful resistance by some small obscure village during your campaign. Kids mostly brandishing sticks with the same sort of attitude, kids… wherever you go it’s always kids that throw themselves into your spears...
”Hay, old man, did you hear me? I was talking to you.”Speaking louder and exaggerating every syllable he continues ”Old man, I’m talking to you. Take off all your possessions and put them in a pile over there before we’re forced to hurt you. No, you don’t wanna be hurt. hurt bad.”

Map (you can always walk away if you want, but maps always give that nice feel of knowing the situation): https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=t7P7d7KmxPJ85NZ3RC7sR5g#gid=0

Rissersi

When the pidgin finally caught up to you it was on the verge of death even before the magical flames consumed it. Following the note you decided that if nothing else you would get training from the journey if not the destination. Thus you were running faster than most horses when you noticed ahead of you some blokes had taken up on the bridge and had drawn swords. "Halt" one commands.
Map :https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=t0Jrz8pokav2CkRYohAUYOQ#gid=0

Gefahr

Yet again you are accosted on the road. Time and again small bands of bandits would approach you looking for a strong head. Now again you find yourself starring down at the bent heads of so many bandits.
map: https://spreadsheets1.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=two7NuF2oYV-q55J3yczAaw#gid=0

Vakot
muggers assault you
map: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqrKlOMj1BaLdDdQN2Q3S214UEo4NU5aM1JDN3NSN Wc#gid=0
Kayala

you see a dryad
map:https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqrKlOMj1BaLdHdvN051RjJvWVYtcTU1SjN5Y3pBY Xc#gid=0

Khrom

mugged
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=t0Jrz8pokav2CkRYohAUYOQ#gid=0

Hazuki
2011-07-17, 03:04 PM
"Stop!" Throneya commands, running up to the woman's side as fast as she can. "You don't need to do this. Turn around and go back from where you came, you'll find no pleasure from killing an innocent man." She says, holding a hand out towards the fallen old man as her gaze is fixed on the charging mugger.

Diplomacy:
[roll0]

drack
2011-07-17, 03:14 PM
Throneya

the mugger pauses to give you an incredulous look before resuming his charge. Even the woman defending the old man gives you an odd look. The old man moans, a deep and ominous moan that seams to come from scores of victims rather than just one old man, but just as quickly it ends. See, see, I told you he was evil, he must die. shouts the man as he swings his blade down missing the woman by a hair's span. (yes meaning I'm too lazy to roll.) you notice that the woman pulls the two sticks out of the way before dodging.

remember a high skill comes second to a good argument. Of course a 5 with a good speech may still fail, but when you give someone the 'don't jump, it's not right' speech no matter how passionate it tends to need more.

Hazuki
2011-07-17, 03:19 PM
Throneya moves out of the way of the muggers, drawing a card from her Deck of Illusions and throwing it on to the floor at her feet.

[roll0]

A large, two headed giant seems to appear on the ground in front of Throneya, and charges at the mugger who is attacking the woman.

drack
2011-07-17, 03:38 PM
Throneya

The man immediately jumps upon the giant, fearlessly sacrificing his life [roll0] to see it's an illusion
suddenly the atmosphere changes from men overconfident in victory to those who see a great beast before them worthy of their wariness.

Hazuki
2011-07-17, 03:45 PM
Throneya makes the illusionary Ettin draw its weapon and strike out in a threatening manner. "All of you, leave at once! This is the very least I can do, so run now unless you wish for your lives to end now!" She announces loudly to all of the muggers, placing a hand on the Cube of Force on her belt.

Intimidation roll

[roll0]

drack
2011-07-17, 03:54 PM
Throneya

The man who charged kindly inform them "This my good sirs is a trick, I've never seen this sort of beast before, but it is well known magi would use such tricks, and when I nicked it my blade passed right through." Than as you call your threat another man shouts "charge" and is answered with an immense scuttling of feet.

to intimidate people into obedience you need time, to make them shaken you need to threaten them with a melee attack. You have neither.

attack [roll0] for [roll1] damage
attack [roll2] for [roll3] damage
attack [roll4] for [roll5] damage
attack [roll6] for [roll7] damage
attack [roll8] for [roll9] damage
attack [roll10] for [roll11] damage
attack [roll12] for [roll13] damage
attack [roll14] for [roll15] damage
attack [roll16] for [roll17] damagewhoops, 1 too many, and forgot +2 for flanking
(28-29 is a crit)

Hazuki
2011-07-17, 04:06 PM
Throneya commands her Boots of Levitation to make her float twenty feet up in the air by clicking her heels together, from where she reaches on to her belt and throws down some Dust of Sneezing and Choking, which spreads in a twenty foot spread beneath her.

drack
2011-07-17, 04:15 PM
Throneya

The muggers swing their swords as you fly into the air.

fort saves (numerical order)
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]
[roll30]
[roll31]
[roll32]
[roll33]

some con damage rolls
[roll34]
[roll35]
[roll36]
[roll37]
[roll38]
[roll39]
[roll40]
[roll41]
[roll42]
[roll43]
[roll44]
[roll45]
[roll46]
[roll47]
[roll48]

The muggers curse at you as they cough on your gas.

Hazuki
2011-07-17, 04:50 PM
Once Throneya is sure she will not suffer from the dust, she levitates back down to where she was and picks up her Illusion Card, then draws her weapons and strikes out at the first mugger she sees* with one of her shortswords.

Number 13. Rolling in OOC.

drack
2011-07-17, 08:00 PM
Throneya

You glide gracefully from the sky as the dust settles quickly backhanding one foe with your hilt causing his head to snap sharply to the side, and him to fall unconcious, but while his body falls another steps in.
as #12 slashes at your exposed backside he calls out "Why would such an obviously gifted warrior turn to the side of such a demon? Can't you see he's right there and week. We could kill him."
attack [roll0] for [roll1] damage.
attack [roll2] for [roll3] damage.
attack [roll4] for [roll5] damage.
attack [roll6] for [roll7] damage.
attack [roll8] for [roll9] damage.
attack [roll10] for [roll11] damage.
attack [roll12] for [roll13] damage.
attack [roll14] for [roll15] damage.

Hazuki
2011-07-17, 08:13 PM
Throne tumbles through the plane of shadow* to get out of the tight spot, then spins to strike at her opponents with her short swords, slashing and stabbing at her opponents**.

*To N-25. Tumble roll: [roll0]

**12, 15, 18.
To hit:
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Damage:
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

drack
2011-07-17, 08:44 PM
Throneya
you start hacking at the stunned men, but they don't look vary disturbed by it, they look allot busier coughing up their lungs. :smallbiggrin:

Hazuki
2011-07-17, 09:26 PM
Throne goes into a frenzy of attacks with her shortswords, slashing at the nearest two people at every turn until they fall unsconcious, from where she'll move on to the next one or two.

To hit:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]
[roll30]
[roll31]
[roll32]
[roll33]
[roll34]
[roll35]
[roll36]
[roll37]
[roll38]
[roll39]
[roll40]
[roll41]
[roll42]
[roll43]
[roll44]

Damage:
[roll45]
[roll46]
[roll47]
[roll48]
[roll49]
[roll50]
[roll51]
[roll52]
[roll53]
[roll54]
[roll55]
[roll56]
[roll57]
[roll58]
[roll59]
[roll60]
[roll61]
[roll62]
[roll63]
[roll64]
[roll65]
[roll66]
[roll67]
[roll68]
[roll69]
[roll70]
[roll71]
[roll72]
[roll73]
[roll74]
[roll75]
[roll76]
[roll77]
[roll78]
[roll79]
[roll80]
[roll81]
[roll82]
[roll83]
[roll84]
[roll85]
[roll86]
[roll87]
[roll88]
[roll89]
[roll90]
[roll91]
[roll92]
[roll93]
[roll94]

drack
2011-07-17, 09:36 PM
Throneya
you heroically hack a bunch of detracted and choking foes to death before they regain their wits. :smalltongue: Congratulations, you fought dirty and did it right :smallbiggrin:
some con damage to them
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
they attack
attack [roll16] for [roll17] damage

Hazuki
2011-07-17, 09:47 PM
Throneya raises her shortswords in an attempt to intimidate her opponents, before lashing out twice at the mugger to her East, Twice at the mugger to her North, and once at the mugger to her west, focusing her mind on evasion as she does so*.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

*Dedicated Evasion ability

drack
2011-07-17, 10:03 PM
Throneya

The six continue to attack

Caylus
2011-07-18, 04:10 AM
Rafael took a deep breath, filling his long-dried lungs with useless air. Some habits never die. His voice, laden with the black energy of his transformation, carried far and wide.

I have urgent business to attend to, gentlemen, and if I got the impression you would be worthy of a fight, I would give you one. Heck, after spending the last year in my castle, I'm itching to give you one even thought you don't deserve it. As it is, I'm afraid I will be able to raze the forest with but a thought and obliterate you in one instant. But, the "razing the forest" part is a bit problematic, since I like these woods. Planted them myself actually.So, you can just run away, and I will restrain myself. Anyone who attacks me, is dead. Deal?

If they decide to attack me, I can't be bothered to dodge. Let's consider myself helpless, giving me an AC of 42 and melee attackers +4 to attack me.

drack
2011-07-18, 07:08 AM
Rafael

There is a chorus of nervous laughter. yeah, good one pop, vary entertaining, now if you could just pile your stuff over there... the man gestures to a spot on the road.

Throneya

If you're saying what I think you're saying here are the rolls I'll need :smallwink:

attack [roll18] for [roll19] damage
attack [roll20] for [roll21] damage
attack [roll22] for [roll23] damage
attack [roll24] for [roll25] damage
attack [roll26] for [roll27] damage
attack [roll28] for [roll29] damage
attack [roll30] for [roll31] damage
attack [roll32] for [roll33] damage
attack [roll34] for [roll35] damage
attack [roll36] for [roll37] damage
attack [roll38] for [roll39] damage
attack [roll40] for [roll41] damage
attack [roll42] for [roll43] damage
attack [roll44] for [roll45] damage
attack [roll46] for [roll47] damage
attack [roll48] for [roll49] damage
attack [roll50] for [roll51] damage
attack [roll52] for [roll53] damage
attack [roll54] for [roll55] damage
attack [roll56] for [roll57] damage
attack [roll58] for [roll59] damage
attack [roll60] for [roll61] damage
attack [roll62] for [roll63] damage
attack [roll64] for [roll65] damage
attack [roll66] for [roll67] damage
attack [roll68] for [roll69] damage
attack [roll70] for [roll71] damage
attack [roll72] for [roll73] damage
attack [roll74] for [roll75] damage
attack [roll76] for [roll77] damage

Throneya (continued)

The blue lady cautiously walks up to you. "You will not kill this man? You will let him live his years?"

Hazuki
2011-07-18, 07:33 AM
"I'll let him go on...he deserves to live. I killed these men in self defense...you did look quite silly with two sticks."Throne comments, before she searches the mugger's bodies*.
Inventory lists please. :smallbiggrin:

drack
2011-07-18, 07:55 AM
She gives you an odd look "Well if you wish to call helping us self defense I'll leave it at that... as for these sticks they are an icon to my people. And there is some magic on them that if ever I drop them great calamity shale befall the world, but if I hold them through death this calamity can be averted and I will simply need to carry them for my next life."
The old man follow walking nearly as easily as a young lad lacking only the energetic bounce that may be found in the lad's step. As he approaches you notice that his face looks old, old beyond time. Almost as if he were an undead that still aged. His jaw is shriveled up, his head has only wisps of hair, grey to the point that they are practically transparent. his limbs look to just be bone with skin stretched over them, and in his manner you see a deformity of sorts from age, just in the way that he moves, the way his hands shake and twitch without the limitation granted by strong young bones that can resist being bent out of shape. Yet somehow, somehow there is something about that man that strikes ear deep deep into your bones. At a questioning glance from the man the woman quickly stammers along "Th-This man is the greatest prophet of our people, honored with many titles, and over any king as a high priest of my people. We are a small people compared to some of the greater peoples, yet enough to hold our own. I have sworn my life to this man." she gives him an affectionate look "and we are off to a Kukucklevell in order to purchase a map."

18 muggers each have chain mail, a large wooden shield, and a long-sword as well as 3 days trail rations. You also notice that some of the shields have remnants of some scratched off insignia, but you can't make out which. (they also have undergarments :smallcool:)

Hazuki
2011-07-18, 08:02 AM
Throneya gives a bow to the man. "Kukucklevell is just over there," She says, pointing to the city in question. "I hope the rest of your trip can continue in safety."

drack
2011-07-18, 08:18 AM
The Man incline his head and the woman returns your bow, and you smell some overpowering scents on you... strangely she wears no other cosmetics beyond the perfume. "Yes, I don't suppose you would know where in Kukucklevell we could find a more detailed map? When we meet people along the road they take our priest as a monster or a demon of some sorts, and are rarely willing to tell us anything before fleeing. The ones who do stay are commonly after his head. Though it helps avert such assumptions for him to keep his eyes closed than he is taken as some evil plague bearer from your myths. I fear that in the town it would be hard to find anyone to direct us." As she speaks you still feel that purple glow boring into you, not so much as if he were reading you, but rather if his overwhelming gaze was noting something insignificant... it makes you... uncomfortable...
Ahh yes, picture of the lady, and picture of that the man may have looked like when he was much much younger. (now he resembles a ghoul... the literal kind not the mean nae for old people :smallwink:) Ah yes, and a purplish glow to his eyes.
http://www.nazyphirslibrary.com/Nazyphir%20non-liched.jpg
http://teenageatheism.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/old-man_999439i.jpg

Hazuki
2011-07-18, 08:20 AM
"Many apologies." Throneya says, averting her gaze from the old man, as it brings her shame to see a living being in such a condition. "I do not know." She says, before beginning the process of finishing off the unconscious muggers.

drack
2011-07-18, 08:35 AM
I see. replies the woman, she looks slightly disappointed. The man makes an odd gesture that would have broken younger man's wrist and a large wolf comes trotting up with another of the men that assaulted you in it's maw. (#19) From it's flanks strings of torn flesh hang, and there are various slashes, bites, and tears in it's hide, all with dried blood, and the hound smalls strongly of rot. It happily places the corpse at the feet of the high priest and its wagging it' tail expectantly. The man pats it's head before it lays down allowing hi to mount. (Somehow the ghastly hound doesn't make him inspire less terror... As he sit his heavy cloak lifts a bit around his legs exposing more peeling flesh, aged to the point at which it's pigmentation has entirely faded. "Well we should be off to find that map than. I wish you the best of travels and the coolest of caves" she finishes with some form of ceremonial gesture. With that the wolf and woman begin walking back up to the trail, the hound's dangling flesh at some points rubbing along the ground. With every step of the mighty hound something under the old man's cloak clinks together, a more hollow sound than a clink really.

Hazuki
2011-07-18, 10:43 AM
Throne makes her way to the city, taking a route a few hundred feet away from the old man if she can.

drack
2011-07-18, 11:04 AM
you manage to clear your own path through the woods, and surprisingly bandits aren't waiting where there aren't people :smalltongue:

As you walk up to the massive gates you see people milling around everywhere. the note in your pocket had told you to go to the south by south by west tower (that isn't a typo), and to ask for master Fitch... where in the blazing hells is that? :smallfurious: the city is enormous and it doesn't help that it seems half the country has gathered for safety, in many cases bringing their flocks

Hazuki
2011-07-18, 11:07 AM
Throneya swiftly switches out her Cloak of Charisma for her Phoenix Cloak, with which she takes flight, and begins to circle the entire city, trying to spot a West Tower.

drack
2011-07-18, 11:14 AM
Throneya
there are towers all around the walls (most dwarfed by them) as well as some built at seemingly random intervals within the city. One stands to the west higher than the wall, but all around the wall others do to, and flying low will be a pain as the masons who built the city obviously felt that they needed to always add to it as millions of footpaths connect various tall buildings, and every now and than even a few massive towers (obviously the sort for an impressive mage) are connected with a web work of such paths. Nor does it look any less daunting for all the inhabitants running around them. In fact looking down it looks like a massive beehive that was just pelted with rocks. To the west you see one tower rise above the city, and more do so all around the city's wall.

Hazuki
2011-07-18, 11:51 AM
Throneya heads to the biggest tower in the south by south west direction, landing outside of it and switching her cloaks once again.

drack
2011-07-18, 12:00 PM
Throneya

the tower is immense spanning at least 500' into the sky. Outside of it the streets are bustling, and it takes you several minutes before you can find a place to land, and you feel something tugging at your cloak as you take it off, but one good jerk keeps it in your hands. There are various stalls selling their wares crammed in front of buildings hardly leaving space for people to enter and exit. The tower it's self is slightly less crowded with one neat little line in front of a desk. The large room amplifies your footsteps to unreasonable proportions, and the clerk is muttering quietly with the first person in line, but otherwise the room is silent. How do they keep the carpet so clean and velvety, and there must be enough gold in this room alone to feed twenty families for life...

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 12:51 PM
Dragging to a stop, Rissersi halts, as per the orders. "And how may I help you fine gentlemen and women?"

Preemptive Sense Motive.
gorram it, mythweavers is down. I can remember my WIS modifier, but not if I had ranks in Sense Motive.
[roll0]

drack
2011-07-18, 01:00 PM
Rissersi

A heavy gorilla (and I mean that in the kindest way :smallwink:) of a woman walks up to you and demands "this is a toll bridge now, and I'm afraid I'm gonna need to take all your stuff before you go any further across my bridge." She looks somewhat satisfied at having said it, but as soon as she notices she quickly replaces her menacing frown.

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 01:06 PM
"I follow the path of the Fist and the Foot, and I disagree with your statement. I hope you know what that means." Rissersi says, cracking his neck and knuckles.

drack
2011-07-18, 01:07 PM
Rissersi

"The way of the fist and the foot? you walk on your hands?" she asks disbelievingly.

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 01:35 PM
"Nope, it works a little more like this." Rissersi replies, shortly before unloading a flurry of punches onto the woman's body.

Flurry of Blows. I can remember my BAB/Damage, so I should be OK.
Attack 1

[roll]2d10+1d6+1d4+17
Attack 2

[roll]2d10+1d6+1d4+17
Attack 3

[roll]2d10+1d6+1d4+17
Attack 4

[roll]2d10+1d6+1d4+17
Attack 5

[roll]2d10+1d6+1d4+17
Attack 6

[roll]2d10+1d6+1d4+17

Critical Threat on a 19 or 20

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 01:38 PM
Dang, didn't work the rolls for damage. Here's a retry plus critical confirmation for the first hit.

Confirmation
[roll0]

Damages
Attack 1
[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]=32
Attack 2
[roll4]+[roll5]+[roll6]=29
Attack 3
[roll7]+[roll8]+[roll9]=34
Attack 4
[roll10]+[roll11]+[roll12]=34
Attack 5
[roll13]+[roll14]+[roll15]=37
Attack 6
[roll16]+[roll17]+[roll18]=30

drack
2011-07-18, 01:40 PM
Rissersi
the lady stumbled under your onslaught before falling back onto the bridge. Her peers stare in wonder before one of them snaps "Attack, if we are to live we must kill him now" Instantly men and woman charge to surrounding you as best they can.

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 01:49 PM
Moving calmly in place, Rissersi proceeds to punch the everloving soul out of one of the men around him.

Attacking #2. Flurry Again.
Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]
Attack 2
[roll4]
[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]
Attack 3
[roll8]
[roll9]+[roll10]+[roll11]
Attack 4
[roll12]
[roll13]+[roll14]+[roll15]
Attack 5
[roll16]
[roll17]+[roll18]+[roll19]
Attack 6
[roll20]
[roll21]+[roll22]+[roll23]

Note, I've got Great Cleave, so I can pretty much burn through anyone around me.

drack
2011-07-18, 01:53 PM
Rissersi

The man pitches forwards, and you get a nice strike on the next, but they continue to close and attack.

attack [roll0] for [roll1]
attack [roll2] for [roll3]
attack [roll4] for [roll5]
attack [roll6] for [roll7]
attack [roll8] for [roll9]
attack [roll10] for [roll11]
attack [roll12] for [roll13]
attack [roll14] for [roll15]
28-29 hits as unconfirmed crit
great cleave would work that way if they only took one hit to fell, you only get 1 free attack/death so you kill 1 you get 1 atttack. It didn't kill the next :smallwink:

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 02:03 PM
Since I'm wearing a Starmantle Cloak, every attack with a mundane weapon instantly fails, and I'm entitled to a DC 15 Reflex Save for half damage. I have Improved Evasion, so that goes to no damage on a successful save, half on a failed save. I have a Reflex Save modifier of +14. I can roll a 1 and still succeed.

Flurrying #3
Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]
Attack 2
[roll4]
[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]
Attack 3
[roll8]
Attack 4
[roll12]
Attack 5
[roll16]
Attack 6
[roll20]

drack
2011-07-18, 02:07 PM
Rissersi

True, forgot about starmantel... :smallsigh: well it'll be no fun for you to win without any challenge, no... darn evasion :smallannoyed:? The bridge begins to shake slightly and groan as if something heavy were getting on it. It also sags towards the center, but the men continue to attack.

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 02:24 PM
Hearing the bridge sag, Rissersi moves himself past all the men, and more towards the center.

Using Abundant Step to move to J 30.

drack
2011-07-18, 02:28 PM
Rissersi
The bridge heaves and creaks as it's true master climbs up, and you find yourself face to face with a giant troll. The muggers all file in behind you :smallwink:

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 02:37 PM
Seeing the troll, Rissersi pounces at it, reaching his hands back for an onslaught of punches on impact.

Charging, and using Flying Kick (+1d12 damage on a charge) combined with Catfolk pounce (Full Attack at the end of a charge) to use Flurry of Blows (Takes a Full Attack action)
Charge ends at J24
Also, I designate the Troll as the subject of Dodge.
To be merciful, I'll only add the 1d12 to the first attack.

Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]+[roll4]
Attack 2
[roll5]
[roll6]+[roll7]+[roll8]
Attack 3
[roll9]
[roll10]+[roll11]+[roll12]
Attack 4
[roll13]
[roll14]+[roll15]+[roll16]
Attack 5
[roll17]
[roll18]+[roll19]+[roll20]
Attack 6
[roll21]
[roll22]+[roll23]+[roll24]

drack
2011-07-18, 02:43 PM
Rissersi the troll stumbles back and falls with a heavy crash that jars the bridge. The muggers quickly swarm you believing that it must be some ruse.

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 02:50 PM
Moving back to attacking the muggers, Rissersi continues to let punches fly.

Flurrying #3

Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]
Attack 2
[roll4]
[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]
Attack 3
[roll8]
Attack 4
[roll12]
Attack 5
[roll16]
Attack 6
[roll20]

drack
2011-07-18, 03:03 PM
Rissersi Anothe mugger falls dead as the troll gets slowly back up to it's feet. "You fight pretty well for human." He says in some broken common. Than he proceeds to attack you over his allies taking a 5' step back.
claw atack [roll0] for [roll1] damage
claw atack [roll2] for [roll3] damage
bite atack [roll4] for [roll5] damage

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 03:13 PM
None of the troll's attacks hit, and I am free to flurry again
Hitting #16
Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]
Attack 2
[roll4]
[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]
Attack 3
[roll8]
Attack 4
[roll12]
Attack 5
[roll16]
Attack 6
[roll20]

drack
2011-07-18, 03:16 PM
Rissersi

The troll commends you again "You good at dancin 'tween fists"
claw attack [roll0] for [roll1] damage
claw attack [roll2] for [roll3] damage
(this one nicks you causing the slightest of bruises (0 damage))
bite attack [roll4] for [roll5] damage
the troll looks delighted to have a chance to fight someone worth the effort.

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 03:28 PM
"And you're good at providing the trumpet orchestra to dance to." Rissersi retorts.

flurrying #33
Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]
Attack 2
[roll4]
[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]
Attack 3
[roll8]
Attack 4
[roll12]
Attack 5
[roll16]
Attack 6
[roll20]

Are you remembering to factor in cleave and great cleave?

drack
2011-07-18, 03:32 PM
Rissersi

"You like me group?" He pauses for half a second "I thinks they slow, once I had kings protect. That mean he give strings to helps for little moneys. got no more kings protects"
Claw attack [roll0] for [roll1] damage
Claw attack [roll2] for [roll3] damage
A stray claw stroke rips across your side leaving a bloody gash
Bite attack [roll4] for [roll5] damage

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 03:46 PM
"I can see why you were fired. You know what a bath is?"

Attacking number 3

Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]
Attack 2
[roll4]
[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]
Attack 3
[roll8]
Attack 4
[roll12]
Attack 5
[roll16]
Attack 6
[roll20]

drack
2011-07-18, 03:52 PM
Rissersi
"... speak you giants? this hard understandings..."

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 03:55 PM
Nyan? I no canz speek Gye-antz. Iz only ablez to speek hooman, sillvan, andz kitteh." he responds in Feline

Attack 1
Flurry #34
[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]
Attack 2
[roll4]
[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]
Attack 3
[roll8]
Attack 4
[roll12]
Attack 5
[roll16]
Attack 6
[roll20]

drack
2011-07-18, 03:58 PM
Rissersi
the troll looks confused than says in giant "you're giant is bad" (you understand via tong of sun and moon)

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 04:04 PM
"That's because that wasn't Giant, that was Feline."

whoops, forgot about that.:smallredface:

Flurry #15
Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]
Attack 2
[roll4]
[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]
Attack 3
[roll8]
Attack 4
[roll12]
Attack 5
[roll16]
Attack 6
[roll20]

drack
2011-07-18, 04:09 PM
Rissersi
So you doees speaks gients weller than I thinks He says in a perfect trollish dialect :smallamused:

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 04:34 PM
"I don't always speak Giant. But when I do, I mean business. Stay squishy my friend."

Flurry #23

Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]
Attack 2
[roll4]
[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]
Attack 3
[roll8]
Attack 4
[roll12]
Attack 5
[roll16]
Attack 6
[roll20]

drack
2011-07-18, 04:36 PM
Rissersi

He gives you a bemused look
I assume 23=32?

Caylus
2011-07-18, 04:41 PM
"This takes too long, I told you to run away."
I look impatiently at the young man.
"Six more seconds. If you attack, you die. If you're still standing here, you'll wish you didn't. And probably die too."

If they attack, I retrieve a schema of quickened magic missile from my bag of holding (standard action, provoking attacks of opportunity), and fire an Intensified charge (DC 20+12*3=56, take 10 use magic device + 45 + 2 artisan bonus=57) as a swift action. Hitting as many targets as I can for 10 missiles of 10 damage each divided equally.
If he's just still standing around, and not attacking, I poke him. [roll0] to hit a touch AC, and [roll1] damage, and a DC 41 fort save to resist permanent paralysis.

drack
2011-07-18, 04:47 PM
Rafael

"Yes, yes, recall funny old man, now if you'd please... Gah! Your hands are cold geezer... OK guys, it doesn't look like he's cooperating... Charge!"everyone in the area charges at ya, cuz they love clubbing old men :smalltongue:

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 04:47 PM
No, it meant 23. The guy at J23.

Attacking #9

Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]
Attack 2
[roll4]
[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]
Attack 3
[roll8]
Attack 4
[roll12]
Attack 5
[roll16]
Attack 6
[roll20]

drack
2011-07-18, 04:51 PM
Rissersi

look closer, the guy right below you is 32 :smallconfused:

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 04:58 PM
Screenshot of what I see:

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j341/GFawkes1605/EpicMonkFight.jpg

Flurrying #29
Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]
Attack 2
[roll4]
[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]
Attack 3
[roll8]
Attack 4
[roll12]
Attack 5
[roll16]
Attack 6
[roll20]

drack
2011-07-18, 05:04 PM
Rissersi

than one of our screens is wrong, oh well :smallsigh: it dies all the same.

Caylus
2011-07-18, 05:08 PM
Most of the swords flew by, not even grazing his skin. One sword however, seemed to fly on his own, and found the nicks in Rafaels armor. It failed to penetrate the deeper layers of his skin thought, and he did not feel a thing.
You brought it on yourselves...
He ruffled through his backpack and got one of the etched metalic plates. He stroked it, and made a jerky movement, and suddenly missiles of pure force came forth and struck his assailants.

Natural 20 hit, but only did less than 15 damage, so it is negated by my damage reduction.
10,11,12,15,16,17,18,19 each get 10 damage, and 10 and 11 even 20 damage from the intensified magic missiles.

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 05:08 PM
Flurry J23

Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]
Attack 2
[roll4]
[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]
Attack 3
[roll8]
Attack 4
[roll12]
Attack 5
[roll16]
Attack 6
[roll20]

drack
2011-07-18, 05:18 PM
Rissersi

Rafael

They naturally don't give up :smalltongue: (actually they look rather underwhelmed where as you have fallen into laughing madness :smallwink:)
attack [roll18] for [roll19] damage
attack [roll20] for [roll21] damage

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 05:24 PM
Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]
Attack 2
[roll4]
[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]
Attack 3
[roll8]
Attack 4
[roll12]
Attack 5
[roll16]
Attack 6
[roll20]

drack
2011-07-18, 05:26 PM
Rissersi

your face :smallbiggrin:

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 05:28 PM

Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]
Attack 2
[roll4]
[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]
Attack 3
[roll8]
Attack 4
[roll12]
Attack 5
[roll16]
Attack 6
[roll20]

Caylus
2011-07-18, 05:29 PM
Rafael sights. He quickdraws a +1 quickdraw staff (of time stop) and starts bashing their heads in the old-fashioned way.

Six attacks (four full BAB, one rigtheous might of the faithful, one untrained two handed fighting) one on 10,11,12,15,16,17 each,
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]
[roll8] [roll9]
[roll10] [roll11]

drack
2011-07-18, 05:29 PM
Rissersi

you

Rafael

they continue their futile attempts beginning to notice you're unaffected.

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 05:30 PM
Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]
Attack 2
[roll4]
[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]
Attack 3
[roll8]
Attack 4
[roll12]
Attack 5
[roll16]
Attack 6
[roll20]

drack
2011-07-18, 05:32 PM
Rissersi

you gettin tired human?

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 05:44 PM
"I am no human!" Rissersi says, flipping the hood of his cloak back and revealing his feline features.

Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]
Attack 2
[roll4]
[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]
Attack 3
[roll8]
Attack 4
[roll12]
Attack 5
[roll16]
Attack 6
[roll20]

Caylus
2011-07-18, 05:47 PM
Rafael sights. This is so undignified. He stops walloping, turns his body in the most ackward angle somebody ever saw, and slides beneath the legs of a thug. He then runs to the shrubbery, turns and says:
"Nice to have met ya all", tips his hat, and disappears.
Minimum tumble result to tumble at one-half speed through an area occupied by an enemy: 40. DC to beat for the first square: 25 + 2*number of opponents = 41...Here is hoping... [roll0]
DC for the rest of the occupied squares autobeat.
Hide in plain sight, DC [roll1] to notice me.

drack
2011-07-18, 05:48 PM
Rissersi

fuzzy human the troll corrects himself. "Why you no pay fifty gold toll to cross bridge?"
(by the way make sure you're keeping track of your HP)

Rafael

They immediately get down to searching for you. they also send someone off for a dog.

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 05:56 PM
"My monestary has very strict rules on this. If something disagrees with you, punch it. If you can't punch it, run from it. I disagreed with paying the toll." Rissersi says

I am. I'm down 19 from a lucky hit by the troll.

Flurry #12
Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]
Attack 2
[roll4]
[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]
Attack 3
[roll8]
Attack 4
[roll12]
Attack 5
[roll16]
Attack 6
[roll20]

drack
2011-07-18, 05:58 PM
Rissersi

too bads mutters the troll
Actually he totaled 4 lucky ones 19,24,20,22 damage respectivly

Caylus
2011-07-18, 06:00 PM
Rafael looks for a pretty stone. He holds it against the light. Perfect.
He lobs it against the head of a hapless thug, hitting exactly the soft spot.
Improvised weapon sneak attack FTW! -4 for improvised -4 for not designed for throwing -6 for range increment less so... I assume a pebble deals a base damage of 1?

Against thug number 7: [roll0] [roll1]
Hide check after sniping(-20 penalty): [roll2]

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 06:05 PM
Huh, must have missed those

Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]
Attack 2
[roll4]
[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]
Attack 3
[roll8]
Attack 4
[roll12]
Attack 5
[roll16]
Attack 6
[roll20]

drack
2011-07-18, 06:35 PM
Rafael
He dies and nobody notices

Rissersi

guess so

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 07:08 PM
Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]
Attack 2
[roll4]
[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]
Attack 3
[roll8]
Attack 4
[roll12]
Attack 5
[roll16]
Attack 6
[roll20]

drack
2011-07-18, 07:10 PM
Rissersi you kill the punks and quivering palm the troll feel free to RP

industrious
2011-07-18, 09:28 PM
Gefahr

The "Dark Priest" looks over his would-be followers, and with deliberate slowness and solemnity, inclines his head.

"I will be merciful."

Darkness sweeps from the ground, surging to meet the bandits. Where the darkness touches, they find themselves numbingly cold; the life sucked from their veins.

Gefahr himself feels the backbite of using such power, yet his aid from powers strange and terrible shields him from the worst of the effect.

Hellfire Utterdark Doom affects all targets designated by me within 40ft. These are:
H 90-6; I 89-96; J 88-96; K 89-96; L 90-96; M 91-96
No attack roll necessary; bandits roll a DC 43 Reflex Save for half damage, and make a Fortitude Save against DC 43 or take 2 negative levels.
Damage:[roll0]

drack
2011-07-18, 09:47 PM
Gefahr

they fall dead and dying before you as the survives turn on you with shouts of triter, backstabber, and breaker of the oath
They hack at you with their swords as a drowning child would claw at it's assailant, clawing desperately yet fatally for life...

Caylus
2011-07-19, 07:18 AM
That worked okay, Rafael thought. He then moves a bit closer to another thug, and lobs another stone.

5 foot step to G84,
Against thug number 4: [roll0] [roll1]
Hide check after sniping(-20 penalty): [roll2]

drack
2011-07-19, 07:47 AM
Rafael

the other man returns with several snapping dogs on rope who immediately get to barking at you. (I'll give you a chance to act first)

Caylus
2011-07-19, 11:18 AM
Dogs? They dared to release mere dogs to catch him?
Nobody would leave these woods alive now.
He reveals himself, and says in the most panicked tone he could muster:
"Ho! Stop! I'm absolutely terrified by dogs! Please keep them away! I can reward you! Here, here, a plate of the most exquisite metal this country has to offer! Please!"
He rummages through his bag of holding, and retrieves the minor schema of chain lightning.

When they see him, the dogs have to make a will save of DC 41 if they have 4 or less HD or be panicked for 25 rounds. Fear aura FTW!
Bluff check: [roll0]
If they try to take the schema, he doesn't let go. Duh.

drack
2011-07-19, 11:37 AM
Rafael

the dogs are all plainly terrified, but their leader (the alpha male) held out long enough for hem to come as close as they did. With the slightest glance at his eyes he immediately flees causing the man holding them on ropes falls over and accidently releasing them.
Another man curses before walking up to you and snatching at the schema (opposed strength check since he's forceful) [roll0]

Throneya

The day slowly wears on and the line slowly goes down. You begine to nod off when a voice calls out "Next... Next... NEXT" At the desk sits a plump little man polishing has spectacles and giving you a look. "Are you here for something, or are you leaving. Make up your mind before I find someone to escort you out. "

Hazuki
2011-07-19, 11:55 AM
Throneya stares at the man for a moment before raising her voice so it could be heard more easily. "It seems I must have been mistaken, I apologize." She says, before turning on her heel and walking towards the door.

drack
2011-07-19, 12:04 PM
Throneya the city is the same bustling mass as it did before.

Hazuki
2011-07-19, 12:05 PM
Throneya walks away from the building in search of a tavern, needing something to drink after the kerfufflle she had just been through.

drack
2011-07-19, 12:16 PM
Throneya
you find about five inns from the top of the staircase to the tower's entrance alone.
1)the hounded maiden (a rather quiet looking place, and with old looking planked walls)
2)The shining horse (true to it's name it looks lit up and festive even this earl[y in the night, though admittedly it looks more like a shack squeezed in between two other buildings, yet all the same is filled with song and stomping feet)
3)old man'r crook (a sturdy looking establishment built with cold stone walls and a heavy latched door)
4)the gelded swallow (a fine looking place with a polished door and a nice quiet atmosphere
5)The crawling vines (this door is laden with intricate carvings and there are at least five people watching the door which people are giving a fine breath.)

Hazuki
2011-07-19, 12:28 PM
Throneya enters The Hounded Maiden, she needs a quiet place.

Caylus
2011-07-19, 12:35 PM
While the man futilely tries to pry the schema from Rafaels dead fingers, he looks him in the eye.
"Oh, wait, sorry. It seems like I was mistaken, and that this was the part where I kill you, instead of begging for my life. My apologies for the inconvenience. Since, if I touch this like this and there like I'm doing now, you should see a result in a few seconds..."
He then strokes the schema and unleashes his full wrath on most of the muggers in the vicinity. Nothing remains of them but ash.
He then looks at the rest of the muggers.
"You could try to run. I don't think it will work."
He then disappears again.
Intensified chain lightning on their asses!
First: Changed my minor aura to motivate charisma: +19 on all charisma checks.(swift action)
#7 gets 240 damage, and #8 t/m #21 and all the dogs in a 30ft radius of #7 (up to 40 secondary targets! WOOT) get 120 damage each, DC 19 reflex save for half. (metamagic spell completion DC 20 + 13*3 and my check result is 74 (taking 10).)
Move action: Hide in plain sight. (again) [roll0]

drack
2011-07-19, 12:43 PM
Throneya

The walls have large cracks in them where the boards didn't fit properly, and the tabled look old enough that they couldn't survive the treatment of any rambunctious young men were they to come, but for the most part the patrons are all elderly men engrossed in their drinks. Some look up as you enter, but it's certainly not your pretty little face that they found themselves looking at. A scrawny old man with a rag makes his way over to you and says Well if it ain't a youngen, what can I do ya fur lass? As he speaks he twists the rag nervously, constantly looking you in the eyes, than down, than back as if he can't decide if he should or not.

Rafael

As you unleash your spell a massive snake jumps out of the underbrush slithering at you it quickly wraps you in a tight embrace.
grapple:[roll0]
fort saves
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
(numerical order of those effected)

Caylus
2011-07-19, 01:39 PM
Let's finish the job, Rafael thought.
The snake had surprised him for one moment, but at least it was dead now.
He reached again in his backpack, and unleashed again a volley of bolts.Again intensified quickened magic missiles. One on 6,14,15,17,20, two on 8 and three on 9 for 10 damage/bolt.

drack
2011-07-19, 01:49 PM
Rafael
more fall lifeless and the rest flee seeing clearly what they could look like themselves. (you wanna loot or anything... eat some snake? or just move on?)

Caylus
2011-07-19, 04:11 PM
Rafael looks seething at the fleeing muggers. They shall not get away with this! But, on the other hand, he was getting late for his appointment. He would get them later, some night. One by one. And their little dogs too!

He rose in the air, and touched a mugger, who went still under his touch.
He draped him over his shoulder, and continued onto his way, keeping to the shadows to not waste more time.

I inappropriately touch mugger no. 4. DC 41 to resist permanent paralysis!
Saving him until I can craft a scroll of mindrape later and find out who they were and where they live. I promised to kill them after all :P
Then I come back and pick up their phat lootz and put it in my bag of holding.
If there are no encounters for the rest of the day, while I continue to go the gathering, I disguise myself as the paralyzed mugger and try to pass myself off as his twin brother on a quest to remove this horrible curse an evil wizard has put on him! (-4 penalty for two age categories difference I assume?).

drack
2011-07-19, 07:23 PM
Rafael

Whoops, accidently deleted most of this, kids a bumpkin, you ditch him and go to the city...
you make the rest of the journey undisturbed, and swiftly arrive at the city's massive gate.
As you walk up to the massive gates you see people milling around everywhere. the note in your pocket had told you to go to the south by south-west tower (that isn't a typo), and to ask for master Fitch... where in the blazing hells is that? :smallfurious: the city is enormous and it doesn't help that it seems half the country has gathered for safety, in many cases bringing their flocks.
... Most people are scarred of you, but you see a few that aren't.

Caylus
2011-07-20, 03:27 AM
Rafael was past the mortal boundaries of anger when he learned while mindraping the kid that they did not know each other. How difficult did those people want to make it for him to get his revenge? They should just have kept standing around while he slaughtered them! He looked at the paralyzed kid. Well, why not kill two birds with one stone?

He began modifying the memories of the man.
"You grew up in the same village as these men. These men broke your favorite toy while you were little. Then they killed the cat you got from your grandpa just before he died. Then they set you up for a date, and then when you were about to kiss her, she turned out to be a man. On your wedding day, they took your wive, since you were too ugly to keep her around. You swore revenge. Changed your outlook so they would not recognize you, and tracked them all down and formed a bandit group to kill them one by one. You will continue to do that until you die. You will track them down, pretend to be their friend, say that you escaped me, while you know that I'm secretly your best friend, intend on helping you and kill them in the night. This, you swore on all the gods you believe in, and you know you won't reach the afterlife if you falter. When you killed them all, you will kill yourself, to reach paradise since it's so great."

He then let him go.

When he reaches the city, he walks over to the man and women in the red cape, and politely asks where the south-west tower is, and if they can point him to master Fitch. He has the appearance of a young man (22), with blond-whitish hair.

Diplomacy: [roll0]
Disguise: [roll1]

drack
2011-07-20, 07:20 AM
Rafael

The woman turns to look at you as the man turns to glare at you and rest a large callused hand on his sword hilt. Th woman is wearing red cloths under a red cape, kind of bad taste, but somehow it gives off the appearance of a simple red silk robe. The man has too many scars to count on his face alone, and wears a light leather jerkin and breeches... he looks ready to slice you in half if he sees even the slightest indication of annoyance on the woman's face. "So, they called you too? Oh well, its simple enough. Large towers cover various compass directions along the walls, go south by south west from the center of town and you'll get there, or you could follow us." At this the large man grimaces

Caylus
2011-07-20, 10:23 AM
"Well Ma'am, I would hate to impose on a lady, but as it is I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to find my way on my own, so if you don't mind I would gladly accept your offer to follow you."

Rafael could never have imagined a small-ish village like Kukucklevell could have grown so much in the five years he last visited,even thought it was the capital.
Real time since last visit: [roll0]

drack
2011-07-20, 10:47 AM
Rafael
The man grunts at this, but makes no complaint.

Eventually you reach a large marble tower within which is relief from the bustling streets. The inside is nice and cool with enough gold on the walls to coat your own halls back... what was it, 20, 2000... however many years ago it was :smallsigh: A nice royal red carpet leads from the door to a desk at which a short man polishes his spectacles.

As the lady approaches she asks for Mr. Fitch the man quickly picks up a scroll with a bunch of smudges and more crossed out than remaining writing. "Your name?"
Delania Cerisvell she replies calmly
yes yes the pudgy receptionist replies striking out another line on the scroll. when suddenly he bellowsJeckerey!!... Please escort Mrs. Delania to seventh floor left wing room 6.

Next.
The lady and man in red capes walk off with Jeckerey leaving you first in line

forgot to say since you can tell magical items apart the lady carries a magic book, and hr robe is magic, the man has a magic sword

Hazuki
2011-07-20, 10:58 AM
Throne simply finds the nearest thing resembling a counter and sits at it, placing five gold on the counter. "I will drink what I can for this, if you would be so kind."

drack
2011-07-20, 11:03 AM
Throneya
/the man nervously takes your gold before filling a hearty mug and placing it before you. Quiet mutterings and games slowly resume around you... some sort of strategy game as far as you can tell, but there appear to be too many intricacies to it for you to get anything more. Some of the other customers are chatting about how prices are so high, others of how they had once been real soldiers (as opposed to what passes for them now), and how Back when 'they guarded the realms there was never a bandit to be found, others still talk about how the world would be better without magi terrorizing the decent folk.

Caylus
2011-07-20, 12:30 PM
"Hello, my name is Rafael."
He waits for a reaction.

drack
2011-07-20, 12:36 PM
Rafael
"I see, Rafael. Do you have an appointment with someone?"

Caylus
2011-07-20, 04:19 PM
"The same as the lady, master Fitch. And please, do refer me as Mr. Rafael, if you don't mind."
Diplomacy roll to express polite slight annoyance. Yes, I do love to roll dice, even virtual ones. Even rolls probably without game effect.[roll0]

drack
2011-07-20, 04:43 PM
Rafael

Rafael, Rafael, Rafael, Rafael... Ah yes, He exclaims crossing out another line of script allot closer to the bottom of the list Sauesan!!please direct this young gentleman to the 25th floor wing 3 room number three? and tell Mistress Margum to get it tidied up nicely for him. Sauesan appears almost instantly at his call (honestly do these people hide in the walls?), though she turns a sickly pale at the thought of commanding Mistress Margum she quickly sets off down a corridor "This way sir, right this way." She leads you through a series of small passageways to a massive staircase at the top of which she knocks loudly on a rock that appears to be as much a part of the wall as the rest of it, but after a moment the rock disappears revealing an old dusty wooden staircase (I guess they do hide in the walls :smalltongue:)

Th second you step through the door your illusions melt away and you are left with your scary lich face. The attendent cowers slightly and stops rambling before continuing "This way sir" and continuing up the stairs as if nothing had happened. (you note her step's a little quicker now...

Assuming you follow
on which you suffer an endless climb before coming to a dusty old room full of crates and barrels. In a few minutes a legion of servants swarm in and in mere minutes it transforms from a dusty store room to a comfy sitting area complete with refreshments and small pastries.

A young man in robes of crimson and gold walks in shortly after giving the room a look of disgust. Well you're the first here, make yourself comfy till the others arrive, than my master will speak shortly with you. The man does not appear to think very highly of you (lich or otherwise), but then again you just got herded into a storage room by some servants. The man takes a seat in a large stool facing towards the window. The other chairs are all behind him now around a table laden with refreshments.

would you by any chance notice an antimagic field if you walked into one?

Caylus
2011-07-20, 05:13 PM
Rafael hesitated. This could be a trick. Well, at least it was an interesting ambush, if it was one. Call it ego, call it bravery, but you didn't live as long as him without becoming overconfident in yourself.
He stepped inside.

"I assume the field is in place to prevent eavesdropping?" Rafael asks.
"Quite impolite to lead me into one without warning me, though."

drack
2011-07-20, 05:20 PM
Rafael

The man turns on his stool to give you a look as if not sure if you're trying to sound funny or what. The field is because my master uses this part of the tower an doesn't want rambunctious young magi he invites in to burn it down. It's also as much a part of the cities defenses as the other towers, and you honestly didn't know there was an anti-magic field here? Why I'd think anyone who came in here would know. Than looking more closely at you "You have a maggot on your upper left lip, honestly do your kind never tidy up before coming to important meetings?"

Caylus
2011-07-20, 05:30 PM
Rafael plucks away the maggot and looks mockingly at the man.
"You're totally right you know. I should clean up before I meet the important people. And I can understand your master wants to protect his tower against you."
He combs his hair a bit, and does his best to look a bit less undead.
It costs [roll0]x10 minutes to make a disguise, but he's only looking to clean himself up a bit. And a DC15 autobeat bluff check (convey a secret message) to let the man know Rafael just compared him to a "rambunctious young magus"

drack
2011-07-20, 05:41 PM
Rafael

The man gets vary well that he was just named as an unimportant rambunctious young mage, and it shatters his sense of untouchable superiority
The man immediately flustered starts Do you know who I am? I'll admit I'm nothing to my master, but I am Karamash Creselskie the seventh, and deserve your utmost respect. And a lowly mage like you dares to question my importance... look at me, arguing with a lowly undead incapable of simple hygiene. He breaths in deeply and exhales a long thin stream of smoke. despite having stirred up the youth you can't seem to take off a few hundred years of rot in a few minutes, but you have managed to at least get most of the maggots, cover most of the stab wounds, and make your hair somewhat passable. The mage slowly settles down as he repeats his calming smoke exercise :smallconfused: Well whatever it does it lends to his self control.

Caylus
2011-07-20, 05:53 PM
Rafael waits for the master to appear, and sits in silence.

drack
2011-07-20, 06:32 PM
Rissersi
after a long and rather boring interrogation you find that he is indeed a troll, has been collecting tolls on this bridge for great many years, and he loves cats, but only raw, not cooked.

GFawkes
2011-07-21, 10:09 AM
I will him dead, as per the effect of Quivering Palm. The Fortitude DC for him is 32

drack
2011-07-21, 10:26 AM
Rissersi
He jumps off the bridge as you do. vary little chance he survived that, but maybe :smalltongue:

GFawkes
2011-07-21, 10:45 AM
First, I loot the muggers' bodies. Then, I look over the edge and see if I can see the body (Spot check [roll0])

drack
2011-07-21, 10:47 AM
Rissersi
each had a long sword, chain mail, a large wooden shield, and some trail rations (1-2 days)
You see only darkness below the bridge

GFawkes
2011-07-21, 10:53 AM
Taking all the rations, Rissersi continues along his way.

drack
2011-07-21, 11:02 AM
Rissersi

you make the rest of the journey undisturbed, and swiftly arrive at the city's massive gate.
As you walk up to the massive gates you see people milling around everywhere. the note in your pocket had told you to go to the south by south-west tower (that isn't a typo), and to ask for master Fitch... where in the blazing hells is that? :smallfurious: the city is enormous and it doesn't help that it seems half the country has gathered for safety, in many cases bringing their flocks.

GFawkes
2011-07-21, 12:12 PM
Walking up to a guard, Rissersi asks "Excuse me, which way to the south by south-west tower?"

drack
2011-07-21, 12:15 PM
Rissersi
The guard mumbles something about all these country folk coming in, but points you to a large tower built into the wall in the south by southwest compass direction from the city's center.
assuming you go
The entryway is nice with an arch and double doors, a red carpet smudged with dirt, and at the end is a large oak desk littered with papers upon which a pudgy man sits polishing his spectacles, than looking sideways at them, than polishing them again.

GFawkes
2011-07-21, 12:54 PM
Walking up to the man at the desk, Rissersi says "I'm here to see Master Fitch."

drack
2011-07-21, 01:18 PM
Rissersi
The man stops fidgeting with his spectacles and picks up a scroll before fidgeting with adjusting how they sit on the bridge of his nose "And your name is?"
You can see that the scroll has tons of scribbled out names, and a few yet to be crossed off, but you can't quite make any out.

GFawkes
2011-07-21, 01:40 PM
"Rissersi, follower of the Path of the Fist and the Foot."

drack
2011-07-21, 01:55 PM
Rissersi

Ahh, Rissersi... Rissersi... here you are he crosses off another line of script. Ashtemark! An attendant promptly appears by his side pleas escort Mr. Rissersi to the twenty fifth floor wing 3 room three. The man promptly starts off at a brisk please that would leave most men in it's dust, and as he finds that you can match it he speeds up a little more until the two of you are running through tight knit corridors, and up a massive marble staircase at the top of which he impatiently knocks on an inconspicuous rock (part of the stone wall) which after a moment slides out and he continues at a rapid pace until he reaches a nice neat room containing two men, some chairs, and a table laden with refreshments. One of the men is clearly an undead sitting in the corner, and the other is a young man sitting on a stool facing away from you.

industrious
2011-07-21, 05:00 PM
Gefahr

The blows do not affect him, turned away by some great and terrible power. The Gefahr rises into the air, propelled by wings of shadow. And then, the Gefahr strikes out twice more.

Move Action: Rise 60 ft into the air
Standard Action(Flyby Attack): Utterdark Hellfire Chain(affects 4 targets)

Attack Roll(s):[roll0], [roll1], [roll2], [roll3]

Damage: [roll4], half for targets 2-4.
DC 43 Fort save or gain 2 negative levels

Standard Action: Utterdark Hellfire Cone-60 ft cone affects everyone below Gefahr. DC 43 Reflex for half damage. DC 43 Fort Save or gain two negative levels. Damage:[roll5]

drack
2011-07-21, 05:10 PM
Gefahr
Your chain kills one, than since we all know that NPCs aren't idiots that just want players to kill them they flee in both directions with enough space between them that you can only catch one with your cone allowing the space to grow as they run.

map is essentially obsolete now :smallsigh:

industrious
2011-07-23, 01:50 AM
Gefahr

As they flee, Gefahr does not follow. He continues along the path, wandering and humming an old nameless tune he heard a bard once sing. There were plenty of roving bandits now, seeking to take advantage of the newly-depowered magi. Thankfully, his own power came from another source entirely.

drack
2011-07-23, 09:16 AM
GefahrYou soon arrive at the capital with it's massive grey walls, and it's milling throngs. The capital had always been crowded, but the influx of refugees had taken that to a ridiculous level. Now, the note in our pocket told you to find the south by southwest tower and to ask for Fitch... so which one of these hundreds of towers was that? Larger towers circle along the wall of the city, but the city is huge.

Bridgar
2011-07-26, 11:53 PM
Vakot

The image of Vakot looked around him, assessing his adversaries. Chuckling to himself, the image spoke out with a confident air. "What're you fine men up to this fine morning?" Secretly and silently, the real Vakot flew up to an altitude of 90 feet, looking and listening through his image. His interest was sparked by these blind fools. They could serve him greatly in his travels. If not as personal servants, as sources of income. Since the gods disappeared and the very essence of magic thinned, Vakot has been rather low on resources to power his activities.

Fly up to 90'

drack
2011-07-28, 10:49 PM
Vakot

As you ascend into the sky a few ear shattering cries rise up from below. As they notice your existence two fireballs explode below you, and the third hits you as six familiars follow to box you in as your illusion is chopped to pieces below. Down below some of the warriors are beginning to turn and flee.
fireball, reflex DC 12
[roll0]
[roll1]
(I assume that didn't hurt? you're boxed in by familiars :smallcool:)

DC12 fort save or be deafened.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-07-30, 09:48 AM
Kayala smiles sweetly at the dryad. "How are you?" she said, batting her eyes.

drack
2011-07-30, 08:18 PM
Kayala
The Dryad looks up at you replying "well I'm doing marvelously, the rain running down the slope is marvelous, and the suns rays are so friendly, not to mention that some poor woodsman finally chopped down ol' Rumplefoot's tree, so for once we don't need t worry about his endless droning. Ah, it's so wonderful to be alive."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-07-30, 08:43 PM
Kayala gets really up close to the dryad, face to face. Her eyelids go down as she looks the dryad up and down. "Isn't it, though?" and kisses the dryad right on the lips.

Mindrape to have the dryad fall in love with Kayala (like, lesbian love. Not platonic love.) My enchantment spells penetrate mind-affecting, and it's Will, DC 54.

drack
2011-07-30, 09:17 PM
Kayala
The dryad gets lovey dovey on you.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-07-30, 09:34 PM
Kayala pats the dryad on the check and smiles. "Come on. We've got places to go. What's your name, anyway?"

Bridgar
2011-07-30, 11:47 PM
Vakot

As the bandits swung at the lone man, he dodged away inhumanly quickly. His form ducked and weaved, moving impossibly fast and evading all assaults. Suddenly, a piercing shriek rung out and deafened many in the mob. Completely ignoring the shrieking, the man called out at the top of his lungs "I've heard louder!" before going into a maniacal cackle.

What's the initiative order here? Does the image move at the same time as me? If it does, do I get an action here?

drack
2011-07-31, 07:55 AM
Kayala

The dryad follows quickly at your heels

Vakot
There is no reply beyond continuation of the prior bustle.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-07-31, 03:32 PM
Kayala continues on to the capital of the country.

industrious
2011-07-31, 08:15 PM
Gefahr

With a smidgen of effort, Gefahr pushes the signs that surround him away; the black skin and eyes, the gravelly voice, the warring auras of darkness and light that encompass him...all vanish in an instant. The Gefahr vanishes, to be replaced by a plain-faced man in dark robes and a black staff. Merely another traveler, and possibly a priest on the road.

He enters the capital without comment, and proceeds to the nearest inn. Seeking local knowledge on the towers that proliferate the city.

Gather Information:[roll0]

drack
2011-07-31, 08:55 PM
Gefahr
well the towers on the outer walls are said to have been part of the city back when it was a giant's fortress. Afterwards the whole fortress attracted hundreds of masons who added extra steps and walls to make the massive city that stands today. Those towers are mostly used by top government officials, though some are owned by various interest groups. the shorter towers are mostly owned by petty magi dreaming that owning a tower will somehow grant them more power, and though it does not it does grant some social status. The seven or so largest towers towards the center of town, linked together with a massive webwork of fine bridges is the mage's guild in which many of it's members reside. The other taller towers around town house various powerful magi each a match for any hundred of the magi that live in their shadows. There are about thirty such towers, but most of their owners have devoted themselves to study and experimentation, and those who have not play the game of politics. Among the magi in the City the king's councilor is widely accepted as the strongest in his art, and due to his influence there have been incredibly few attempts to seize the throne. (The king doesn't live in a tower, he lives in what was once the keep when the city was a fortress, though it hardly reaches higher than the low towers it is much larger than any in terms of volume). Also anyone who lives in a tower yet fails to demonstrate talent in the arts is generally shunned.

Kayala

As you begin to leave the forest you feel the ground under you shake, and the branches around you seem to close in.

Bridgar
2011-07-31, 10:59 PM
Vakot

The image of Vakot turned around and looked at the remaining bandits. "You should've went with them." he uttered, before the real Vakot fired down a spell that instantly crushed the minds of all present. Chasing his spell to the ground, Vakot rushed around the birds circling him to line up with his image before synchronously slamming their right hands into the ground, sending shockwaves of brick in directed paths towards the remaining bandits.

Cast Mindrape and Chain, Quicken, and Heighten +7 by burning a 9th level slot with Augmented Casting.

DC 52 Will saves for all!

Cast Greater Stone Shape from Sorcerer Side.

The familiars can't reach my altitude in time. Hawk has fly 60 and can't fly straight up, Raven has fly 40 and can't fly straight up, and Bat has fly 40 and can't fly straight up. :smallcool:

drack
2011-08-01, 12:58 PM
Vakot

The men around the illusion are all farmboys that either saw opportunity, or were left with nothing else.
The other one you catch in your mindrape is a sorcerer , and the other seven in a circle around you are her sisters, each bearing the same talent.

industrious
2011-08-01, 08:16 PM
Gefahr

He strides to the tower of the chancellor; he alone must be the one who dared to summon the Gefahr. Even if he did not know the Secret, it took a certain level of arrogance to do so; a certain strand of suicidal thinking.

With the tip of his staff, he knocks on the front door. Once. Twice. Thrice.

drack
2011-08-01, 08:30 PM
Gefahr

As you knock a message appears engraved upon the door for a few seconds before fading.
I am a vary busy man, and am not home at the moment.
If you don't have an appointment make one in the north tower.
If you have an appointment I'm afraid we will need to reschedule.
I apologize for the inconvenience, now be off with you.

Bridgar
2011-08-01, 11:19 PM
Vakot:

The image took a quick look around before addressing his new followers. Figuring that they'd all been deafened by their own trap, he cast a quick cantrip to create a magical board on which he wrote the message "Gather around and place all your possessions in a pile for me. I will then give you further instructions."

Cast Chalkboard from Sorcerer side

drack
2011-08-02, 10:14 AM
They fail to escape heir stone bindings... once you free them (with another casting of greater stone shape which I assume you do) they do as you ask.

Bridgar
2011-08-02, 12:42 PM
Vakot

With another gesture, he released his new subordinates from their stone prisons. With those not under his control, he created a sort of hamster tunnel. Their stone blocks shaped into tunnels that all lead only to a central cage. The tunnels have tracks on the walls with wheels set in, connected to full hand restraints that allow no movement of the fingers or wrists. The mouth restraints were also left in the mouths of the captives, keeping them from moving their jaws whatsoever, but allowing them to breath. Waiting for the captives to find their way into the central cage, Vakot turned to the pile of equipment and instantly identified everything in the pile.

What've we got?

Halna LeGavilk
2011-08-02, 04:21 PM
Kayala sighs. "Oh, my. I'm sure this isn't good." and waits for something to happen.

drack
2011-08-03, 10:09 PM
Kayala the vegetation beneath you, and in the trees starts attacking you.

grapple [roll0] for [roll1] damage
grapple [roll2] for [roll3] damage
grapple [roll4] for [roll5] damage
grapple [roll6] for [roll7] damage
grapple [roll8] for [roll9] damage
grapple [roll10] for [roll11] damage
grapple[roll12] for [roll13] damage
grapple[roll14] for [roll15] damage

since you have knowledge nature you know they're assassin vines and shambling mounds (the last two rolls)

Halna LeGavilk
2011-08-04, 04:56 PM
Kayala giggles as the trees and vegetation attempt to grapple her, and then slid off. "Oh, guys. I don't wrestle unless I want to, and then, it's not exactly wrestling." A black blade emerges from her hand, and death leaps out among the trees.

Kayala has continuous Freedom of Movement. She then casts Blackfire on any one of the trees, casts a Instant Metamagic'd Quickened Black Blade of Disaster, and then flies up 60' into the air.

Caylus
2011-08-06, 07:25 AM
When Rafael sees Rissersi entering, he gets up, mutters silently to himself "Okay, smile, extend hand, be nice, smile again. That should work." and gives Rissersi the most extraordinary smile he has to offer. He then extends his hand.

"You got the note too, I suppose? I'm Rafael, and this here is Karamash Creselskie the seventh, and he deserves your utmost respect."

His voice rattles on like a machine gun.

"I do apologize for my appearance, but sometimes a simple case of bad hair day cannot be avoided."

Move silently check to motivate myself in an inaudible manner to activate motivate charisma (extraordinary ability thus unaffected by antimagic field): [roll0]
(Why do I have to harangue, order, direct, encourage, cajole, or calm myself to get the bonus, and why can't I just do it in my head? I do not know. Curse you RAW! Curse you!)
Bluff check to blame the corruption of ages on "a simple case of bad hair day": [roll1] (And no, I do not expect you to believe it, of course, just rolling' to show how convincing Rafael can sound :D)

drack
2011-08-07, 05:00 AM
Vakot

As an obvious illusion a of a cartoon character steps into the cage a succession of fireballs instantly assaults the bars, and you see someone fleeing... no wait... make that eight people fleeing, huge warriors... and more obvious fakes. Someone must have caste major image. (somehow) and created 8 cubes of big hulking man, and one cube in the center with an illusion of all seven of them casting spells. As the images climb forth a bitter thought enters your mind "Darn Elahandra, she always did think herself so much better. She had told them to each prepare for a dire situation, but at the time you had thought she meant something simple like mage hand for keys if they ever got arrested, not something like this." You easily force the thoughts down, yet it always felt somewhat unnerving when thoughts came to you from the memories you took rather than from yourself... it made you feel less in control...
Kayala
The Flame fails to spread to the other assassin vines, but it quickly lights the tree ablaze reducing it to ash in mere seconds. All the same the other plants continue to writhe climbing up the other trees in an attempt to reach you.

Rafael
You have a bad hair day... a vary vary bad hair day

Halna LeGavilk
2011-08-07, 11:19 AM
Kayala sighs as the fire fails to spread. "Oh well." she zips up more and begins to fly away, leaving the dryad to its fate.

GFawkes
2011-08-08, 05:00 PM
The highest I can get on a Sense Motive Check is 30. You rolled in the seventies. I think you convinced me :smalltongue:

"A pleasure. I'm Rissersi, follower of the Path of the Fist and the Foot." he replies

drack
2011-08-08, 08:59 PM
Kayala
You soon arrive at the capital with it's massive grey walls, and it's milling throngs. The capital had always been crowded, but the influx of refugees had taken that to a ridiculous level. Now, the note in our pocket told you to find the south by southwest tower and to ask for Fitch... so which one of these hundreds of towers was that? Larger towers circle along the wall of the city, but the city is huge.
Rissersi
as I said a vary vary bad hair day :smallwink: this doesn't make him any less horrid, just think that he could clean up well.
Throneya
after a while an old man trying to look casual, but failing miserably due to a lame leg and bad back sits down next to you with a long cheek from the table. "I don't suppose ye're from around here ay? What are you, some sort of mercenary?"

Caylus
2011-08-11, 07:36 PM
Rafael retracts his hand very subtly, and says:

"A pleasure to meet you in these dark times. I'm assuming you got the note too? I do hope this.... master Fitch can shed some light on the... trouble we're having. It's getting very annoying. A few weeks ago, if you believe me, I even met some ruffians who were apparently starving or something like that, and dared to attack me. Of course, they payed for it, but still..."
Tsssss.... Rissersi does not shake Rafaels rotting, skeletal arm? How rude:smallbiggrin:!
[roll0] sleight of hand check to turn "extending his hand" into "scratching his nose gesture" in one fluid movement without making it look odd.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-08-12, 10:47 AM
Kayala lands lightly on her feet and squeals, delighted. "I love cities!" Racing through the streets, she finally pops up near a guard. "Hi! I'm Kayala. What tower is the south-by-southwest one? I'm meeting a friend near there."

drack
2011-08-12, 10:55 AM
Kayala
The guard blinks at you uncertainly"... a friend... in the south by southwest tower?" he scratches his head before saying "that way", and lazily pointing to one of the larger towers that surround the city.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-08-12, 02:04 PM
Kayala sighs, and looks directly into the man's eyes. "Maybe you don't understand...I will find out any way I have to."

Spontaneously cast Mindrape. Kayala rips out where the south-by-southwest tower is from his mind and then erase all of his memories, and replace them with intense urges to stab random people (except Kayala).

drack
2011-08-12, 02:49 PM
Kayala
he had pointed you in the right direction, and had merely thought it odd that one would meet a friend at the edge of town in a government building rather than at the center of town where normal people meet friends... especially when they're obviously foreigners like you. So are you still shredding his mind?

All
Mindrape is not a solve all spell and if it is used as commonly as it has been much longer than I'm going to assume that you have been doing so for many many years and people will be better prepared for it. :smallcool:

Bridgar
2011-08-12, 04:21 PM
Vakot

Beginning to grow annoyed by this unscheduled interruption, Vakot waved his hands again, dropping the stone cage down onto the vagrants and reforming their stone prisons once again, with only their mouth holes to breath through and the spot on the forehead exposed. He turned to his new slaves to see what they had gathered into the pile before beginning the process of rewriting the minds of the last captives.

Cast Greater Stone Shape from the Sorcerer side

Identify any magic items in the pile [roll0]. That gives me all properties for items with caster level up to 22, basic properties for items with caster level up to 42, and knowledge of the existence of all magic items present.

Spend 10 minutes to cast Programmed Amnesia on the final 7. Same routine as Mindrape except that I add in the trigger (let's say fifty times to be safe) of their memories being altered by anyone other than me. Upon that trigger, their memory reverts back to what I have implanted in them. :smallcool:

drack
2011-08-12, 04:46 PM
Vakot

each non-mage has 2 days trail rations, 1 long sword, 1 chain shirt, 1 pair of breaches (speaking of which you're now surrounded by naked men), each also has a large wooden shield.

The mage has a spellbook, robe, 4 skullwatch skulls, a spell component pouch, commoner's garb, and 1 days trail rations.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-08-12, 11:32 PM
Kayala sighs. "Damnit..." she lets the man go, and simply alters his memory as to become her loyal agent in the city. She then flies over to the south-by-southwest guard tower.

drack
2011-08-12, 11:56 PM
Kayala The entryway is nice with an arch and double doors, a red carpet smudged with dirt, and at the end is a large oak desk littered with papers upon which a pudgy man sits avidly rubbing a bit of cloth across his spectacles in a futile attempt to rub away nonexistent bits of filth.

Bridgar
2011-08-13, 12:07 AM
Vakot

As Vakot flew up 100', his image ordered the new trainees to put their clothes back on and gather up their things. They were heading for the capital. Moving at walking speed, the group heads for the capital with Vakot keeping watch, his image joking around with the group about "adventures past."

drack
2011-08-13, 10:19 AM
Vakot
You soon arrive at the capital with it's massive grey walls, and it's milling throngs. The capital had always been crowded, but the influx of refugees had taken that to a ridiculous level.
The tower it's self looks much richer than it had when you last visited. A rich red carpet leads to a strong oak desk, and worked gold adorns the walls. At the desk sits a man polishing his spectacles. A rather pudgy man who looks almost out of place at the desk loaded with scrolls of all sorts... you certainly preferred young rose who sat at a somewhat shabbier desk 700 or so odd years ago...

Bridgar
2011-08-13, 10:37 AM
Vakot

Whilst the real Vakot floated 100' up outside the building, researching the darkskull spell, his image and his followers walked into the tower. "I have been summoned?" the image spoke in a polite tone.

drack
2011-08-13, 10:45 AM
Vakot
The man doesn't look up as you're little gang walks in. "state your business." the man replies lazily.

Bridgar
2011-08-13, 01:55 PM
Vakot

"I have been summoned. I should be the one asking you what my business here is." he stated, still respectful.

drack
2011-08-13, 02:06 PM
VakotThe man mutters "Yes, yes, another pompous noble who thinks that just because someone summoned him that he would be greeted by a hundred servants. Now listen here" The Pudgy man looks up from his papers lazily into your illusion's eyes "This tower has many people who have the authority to summon you, some use code words, some don't, but I do not believe that asking me what you're doing here is such a code. Now due to this recent inconvenience, rather than having maybe forty people summoned each day we have closer to a hundred, and I certainly am not going to memorize a list of a thousand names to be expected every ten days, so what is your business?"

Hazuki
2011-08-13, 02:16 PM
Throneya

"No...no I am not. I was summoned here most forcibly by people who expected me to waste a day to get to talk to them, while they cannot even be bothered to hire somebody with a good memory, or even multiple people to greet me when I arrive. I most certainly will not go through a bunch of paperwork for such ingrates. If they desire me they can either greet me or come to me and take me to them, but I will most certainly not be treated like rabble! They are the ones who wanted me, I did not want them, so it is their job to get me to them!" Throneya tells the old man, letting herself ramble.

drack
2011-08-13, 02:34 PM
Throneya
The old man listens quietly "I see, those bureaucracies can flatten any man under paperwork can't they" he says with a slight grin before taking a large 'sip' of ale "So who's the poor bastard who left ya out to dry?"

Hazuki
2011-08-13, 02:41 PM
Throneya

"A man named Filch in the South by Southwest tower. And before you say anything that insinuates it, I don't much care how important he or anyone thinks him to be."

Bridgar
2011-08-13, 02:47 PM
Vakot

"I was sent here to find Fitch. Could you help me find him, please?" The image said with a snide smile and tilt of the head.

drack
2011-08-13, 03:08 PM
Throneya
"Have it your way, personally never heard of the guy, but plenty of people use false names when summoning people... anyways wanna play karashakeme?" the man produces a board and various carved wooden figures matching the sets some of the other folk are playing with.

Vakot

"Ahh, Mr. Fitch" he produces a long scroll from his desk "And what's your name kind sir?"

You would need to be in the room to be hearing this in order to respond properly, should I assume you are no longer 100' up outside the tower? (which isn't even a quarter of the way up it). You note that his robe helps him overcome magical effects, and that neatly laces beside pillars are some cleverly woven spells meant to conceal something there, though naturally as they work you can't tell what.

Hazuki
2011-08-13, 04:11 PM
Throneya

Throneya eyes the game suspiciously, but smiles at the man. "No, thank you, Sir. I'm not a gaming kind of person. I'm sure there are many others who will be willing to play with you."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-08-14, 12:11 AM
Kayala walks up to the man. "Hello, sir! How are you?"

drack
2011-08-14, 06:04 AM
Throneya
The man is not easily put off and offhandedly dismisses your disinterest "Don't worry, it's not that hard, you see..." he continues to enplane more than enough rules for you not to understand any of them. :smallbiggrin:

Kayala

As you walk up to the desk some man with a pleasant smile slips in front of you entirely ignorant of your existence, and the following ensues.
The man and his followers walked into the tower. "I have been summoned?" the image spoke in a polite tone.

The man doesn't look up as you're little gang walks in. "state your business." the man replies lazily.

"I have been summoned. I should be the one asking you what my business here is." he stated, still respectful.

The man at the desk mutters "Yes, yes, another pompous noble who thinks that just because someone summoned him that he would be greeted by a hundred servants. Now listen here" The Pudgy man looks up from his papers lazily into your illusion's eyes "This tower has many people who have the authority to summon you, some use code words, some don't, but I do not believe that asking me what you're doing here is such a code. Now due to this recent inconvenience, rather than having maybe forty people summoned each day we have closer to a hundred, and I certainly am not going to memorize a list of a thousand names to be expected every ten days, so what is your business?"

"I was sent here to find Fitch. Could you help me find him, please?" The image said with a snide smile and tilt of the head.

"Ahh, Mr. Fitch" he produces a long scroll from his desk "And what's your name kind sir?"

Will save DC 46 to see that the person that budged you is an illusion. :smalltongue:

Hazuki
2011-08-14, 08:51 AM
Throneya

"Please Sir, leave me to my own. I am not interested in games, and there are certainly others willing to play with you. In fact, I can see many others playing it right now."

Diplomacy: [roll0]

drack
2011-08-14, 10:16 AM
Throneya
"Bah" says the man as he gathers back his chips. "OK, next weekend it is, and I'll hold ya to it" he says as he wakes off to another old man with whom he instantly begins to bicker about a game they played a few weeks ago, and weather the one had moved a piece or if it had been there all along.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-08-14, 11:07 AM
Kayala bites her lip as she stares at the man. Something seemed to be off...

[roll0]

then she realized. She couldn't feel the man in the air. He must be some sort of illusion.

Bridgar
2011-08-14, 08:39 PM
Vakot

"Assuming that you will persist even if I refuse to tell you, I am called Vakot. You will get no more than that out of me." The image said, somewhat disgruntled with how he was spoken to previously.

drack
2011-08-15, 12:17 AM
Vakot& Kayala

The man gives you a look.
A look akin to what one gives to a spoiled or slow child. "I won't persist, simply turn you out. All the same that's all I require, ow was that so hard?" The man doesn't wait for a reply before glancing down the scroll and blotting out a line of text. With a slight tap he summons a runner before informing you "you are to follow young Jeckerey here, he should be able to escort you to 25th floor wing 3 room number three."

Next

Bridgar
2011-08-15, 08:36 AM
Vakot

The image and his gang quietly follow Jeckerey to their destination. Vakot follows them up from outside the tower, always within range.

drack
2011-08-15, 12:26 PM
Vakot
Jeckerey casts a nervous glance at your gang before leading you off.
He takes you through a network of narrow passageway before emerging at a massive marble staircase at the top of which he nervously pats on a large stone in the wall. After a short while it opens....

K, so where is the real you, and how are you viewing things, because this may change things here, maybe even a bit before :smallcool:

Halna LeGavilk
2011-08-15, 07:01 PM
Kayala tiptoes up to the man and smiles. "Hi!" she chirps.

drack
2011-08-15, 08:32 PM
Kayala
Why hello there little thing the man says what can I do for you?

Halna LeGavilk
2011-08-15, 08:38 PM
She smiles her charmingest smile at the man. "I'm looking for a Mr. Fitch. He seems to be quite popular today. My name is Kayala."

Bridgar
2011-08-16, 05:39 PM
Vakot

The image and his gang stopped in their tracks right in front of the black void. "I refuse to move past this point. If you desire a meeting with me, we meet on neutral grounds. I'm not walking into your spell wards and what could be a trap."

drack
2011-08-16, 06:04 PM
Vakot
Jeckerey raises an eyebrow. "So you're afraid of secret passageways? OK, should I fetch someone else to speak with you on this mater?"

As he says this another man walks up with a charming little pixie.
Kayala

The man stares for a moment before saying "yes, yes" and finding your name on a scroll, blotting it out, and summoning an attendant to lead you to the 25th floor wing 3 room number 3. The man leads you through the halls commenting on your lovely smile and how you make spring daises look as nice as a decrepit ass in comparison, and eventually you find yourself at the height of a marble staircase on which the illusion and his gang are refusing to step forth into a hole in the wall through which you can see an old wooden staircase on the grounds that there could be some manor of magical trap.

Bridgar
2011-08-16, 06:26 PM
Vakot

The image turned to one of the swordsmen in his gang. "Go in my stead and explain to these fools that my life and essence is infused with magic. If I walk into the wrong trap, that essence is extinguished. With outside sources of magic dwindling, I'd rather not go through the painful and exhausting process of dying right now. If you do not return in a timely manner, I will assume you have died and will do my best to avenge you."

drack
2011-08-16, 07:11 PM
in the room
A page comes and Karamash Creselskie the seventh leaves with him muttering something about troublemakers or the such.
On the stairwell
Jeckerey runs off through the passageway, and promptly returns with a young man in robes of crimson and gold. The new arrival quickly takes in the two of you (as well as the gang) and the two servants. Than with a wave of his hand the passageway closes. "I am Karamash Creselskie the seventh esteemed magi of Kukucklevell. What is the problem here?" Overall the man looks rather relaxed and arrogant, but that is not to say that he doesn't have a right.
to those of you paranoid enough to look over every last possession of his you see:
ring of three wishes
a ring of major spell storing
a gate key linked by a gold chain to his inside pocket (the robe is somewhat loose)
and a small bag around his neck that while disguised as some token or charm is in truth a bag of holding of sorts

Halna LeGavilk
2011-08-16, 07:38 PM
Kayala walks up to the illusion. "Excuse me, sir. Can you just go in? I don't think we'll be able to start without you."

Bridgar
2011-08-16, 08:46 PM
Vakot
"I don't think they'd appreciate me dispelling all of their wards. If I'm going in there, that's what I'm doing."

drack
2011-08-16, 09:11 PM
stairwell Karamash Creselskie the seventh 'esteemed magi of Kukucklevell' gives the illusion a humored look. "If someone using childish illusions such as you thinks they can tear down my master's ward's I'm be delighted to see it. Than again there are always repercussions aren't there... In any case what is the problem here beyond you wishing to become an enemy of the state in the capital, let alone before such a great mage as I?" He appears entirely baffled that someone would even consider such a thing.

Bridgar
2011-08-16, 09:55 PM
Vakot
The image completely ignored the mage addressing him and continued talking to the pixie, not missing a beat. "Do you know why we've been called here, exactly? This seems like a waste of both of our times."

drack
2011-08-16, 10:43 PM
stairwell
The great mage takes it as the petty mage being so incompetent as to not even hear him through the simple spell, and as such turns to watch the argument without comment.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-08-17, 12:02 PM
Kayala shrugs. "I dunno. If I promise that if they do anything stupid, we'll destroy them together, would that make a difference?"

Bridgar
2011-08-17, 12:05 PM
Vakot
"Not that I doubt we could destroy them or anything, but I'd rather not expend the resources and draw the attention to do so."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-08-17, 12:21 PM
Kayala sighs. "I think that refusing them will probably amount to the same thing, though."

drack
2011-08-17, 12:48 PM
stairwell Karamash Creselskie the seventh yawns. "So why are we arguing about an illusion wasting resources by entering? I must say I care vary little what the illusion does. Now boy, is that pixie expected?" The boy hurriedly repeats his instructions. "Vary well than, you may go."
at this the wall opens again and the boy begins walking past the mage into the passageway.

After 'the pixie' is gone (I suppose I should also add an 'if' the pixie is gone) Karamash Creselskie the seventh addresses the illusion. "So what is your problem? ...beyond the lack of a physical form of coarse."

Bridgar
2011-08-17, 12:51 PM
Vakot
Finally addressing the mage, Vakot's image turned, disgruntled. "Don't play dumb. You know I can't see in there."

drack
2011-08-17, 01:15 PM
stairwell"Ahh" the mage replies. "So you're scrying.. Personally were I to pull such a stunt I'd simply read the mind of one of these fools as the illusion wanders, but after all what more could be expected of a second rate mage. Anyways I do not recall an illusion or a gang of common thugs being invited..."

Bridgar
2011-08-17, 01:34 PM
Vakot
"These men deserve the sanctity of their own minds. They are no just servants, they are companions. Rather than invading their minds, I use a sensor. Is that so hard to understand?"

drack
2011-08-17, 02:00 PM
Stairwell
the man smiles at you "sure, regardless of your means of sensory I would still suggest you some yourself. That illusion won't function correctly within the field..."

Bridgar
2011-08-17, 02:04 PM
Vakot
"I assume you're referring to an anti-magic field. There's no way you could know this, but one of those could kill me. I'm made of magic, you see."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-08-17, 02:17 PM
Kayala sighs. "I know what you mean, in multiple ways. Don't worry, being inside one doesn't hurt. It just tingles and feels really weird. And not in a good way." She shudders. "And for me, if it tingles in a bad way, that's something."

Bridgar
2011-08-17, 02:46 PM
Vakot
Somewhat confused by the pixie's statement, the image replied "I don't think you understand. I'm not a magical beast, like you. I am made of magic."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-08-17, 03:12 PM
Kayala glares at the man for a moment. "Firstly, do not call me beast. Secondly, if you're made of magic then I've never had sex! How can we tell if you're made of magic if we can't even see you?"

drack
2011-08-17, 06:39 PM
stairwell

The mage scratches his chin. If you are truly made of magic would you mind us tapping your existence? You see our problem is the decline of magic, and that's why you were summoned, but if there is a being made of magic, well that's gotta be enough for a short while right?

Bridgar
2011-08-17, 06:49 PM
Vakot
Finally finding why he had been called to the meeting, Vakot set the groundwork for an agreement. "I would let you tap my power... for a price. You see, I've run into the same problems. For any magic that I do not draw from my own power, I have been forced to draw from magic items. My supply of items have been running dry. I could aid you and give you a source of power if you'd refill that supply."

drack
2011-08-17, 07:05 PM
Stairwell

The man yawns slightly "Yes, my master descovered the same trick. If you're made of magic, dense as magic is, than you may have something to work with. Otherwise you've got nothing. Than again my master must have seen something if he sent for you, so where are you?"

Bridgar
2011-08-17, 07:14 PM
Vakot
"I'm not here. That's all you really need to know. My image shall suffice for negotiations and my minions shall complete any transactions."

drack
2011-08-17, 07:54 PM
stairway
With a somewhat bemused smile the mage replies "It's obvious that you aren't here. And yes, yes, negotiations, transactions and such. If so we'll await your majesty upstairs." And with all the grace and pomp of higher nobility he steps into the void beyond your vision and ascends the stairs.
Upper room
Karamash Creselskie the seventh returns somewhat disgruntled and takes his seat starring out at the city again.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-08-17, 08:39 PM
Kayala sighs and shakes her head. "I'm Kayala, by the way. Pleased to be doing business with you." She then walks up the stairs.

drack
2011-08-17, 08:47 PM
the room
A pixie enters the room.
Kayala

You enter to see a young man and a lich chatting and the mage from earlier sitting and starring out a window.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-08-17, 09:16 PM
Kayala brightens. "Hi, everyone! I'm Kayala!"

Caylus
2011-08-18, 03:32 AM
While conversing with Rissersi, their conversation is cut short by a sudden flurry of activity. Karamash leaves, and there seemed to be a conversation on the stairway. Rafael strained his earholes, but wasn't able to make out what was being said.

"Hey Kayala, nice to meet you, I'm Rafael. What was the fuss about?"

[roll0] <--has no function anymore.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-08-18, 09:30 AM
Kayala sighs. "One of the men who is supposed to be here. He refuses to come in for some reason."

Bridgar
2011-08-18, 04:34 PM
Vakot
"All right, men. We're done wasting our time here. If they wish to seek our council, they will do it properly." With that, Vakot's image and his followers filed out, back the way they came. The real Vakot followed them back down the tower and awaited their exit at the doors, 100' up.

drack
2011-08-18, 06:00 PM
Vakot
they exit accosted

Caylus
2011-08-18, 08:41 PM
"Well, he probably doesn't like to be vulnerable in an anti-magic field. I also half expected it to be a trap. Luckily I'm a vampire, so even if someone killed me it would be quite hard to keep me dead."

Rafael stroked a hand through his hair.

"Don't mind my appearance by the way, as I already explained to Rissersi here, I'm suffering from a bit of a bad hair day. Being attacked by bandits an hour ago didn't help either."
Bluff check time! (for vampire/bad hair day bluff) [roll0]

Halna LeGavilk
2011-08-19, 02:05 PM
Kayala giggled at the man. "Ah, yes. Vampire. Bad hair day. And I'm a dragonfly with a bad scale day."

Caylus
2011-08-19, 09:20 PM
Rafael winks at Kayala.

"Yes. A vampire. After I get a chance to wash my hair and brush my teeth, you'll see I'm actually pretty charming."

Hidden message: "It will at least be the cover I'll be using for the rest of my stay here. Give me five minutes, and you'll be surprised how easy it is to pass for a vampire."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-08-20, 05:59 AM
Kayala blushes and giggles. "I'm sure you'll be the charmingest man in town."

Caylus
2011-08-20, 07:10 AM
Rafael glances to the door, suddenly remembering he was already here for some time.
"I'll be honest with you, all this talk about anti-magic fields and traps left me a bit uneasy, if you will excuse me for a moment, I need to check something. If you all would excuse me for five seconds, I'll be right back!"

Rafael strides to the door, walks down the stairway until he looks human again and contacts Duke.

Telepathic: "Duke, everything okay up there?"

Yes boss, everything okay. Did ya die again or something? Couldn't hear you anymore for a couple of minutes.

"Phylactery okay?"

*mental facepalm* Yes boss, everything okay, like I said.

"Okay, I'll be gone for a few hours more."

"Okay boss, whatever you say... Don't really like it thought, I don't suppose you could... *transmission terminated by antimagicfield*"

Rafael enters the chamber again and takes a seat again.

"Mr. Karamash Creselskie the seventh, my sincerest apologies for this lack of distrust. Anti-magic fields just make me nervous. Now it seems that it is indeed only a defensive measure, I feel quite bad for not believing you on your word. Please forgive me, but this... situation with fading magic and things left me more paranoid than I would like."

drack
2011-08-20, 09:49 AM
room
Karamash Creselskie the seventh yawns. "So you felt that it was unwise to deal with magi in an antimagic field, and thought that us tying our hands was a ruse made in order to trap you in some manor?" than suddenly serious Karamash continues almost to himself. "No, we deal with far greater troubles, and we must keep our defenses strong in the mean time."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-08-20, 03:45 PM
Kayala sighs. "Can we just learn what this is about? I hate cryptic stuff. It's boring, stupid, and it wastes my time. Don't ever waste me goddam-" Her eyes go wide for a second, and then she blushes and lowers her eyes. "Excuse me. Side effects of an old spell."

drack
2011-08-20, 06:46 PM
Vakot

As your illusion files out with your gang a voice beside you (yes you, not your illusion) says "Nice weather we're having today isn't it?"

Bridgar
2011-08-20, 06:55 PM
Vakot
Vakot spins around, looking for the source of the voice.

If I don't find the source, I fly very, very quickly away from the tower.

drack
2011-08-20, 07:05 PM
Vakot
Beside you floating in mid air is an old man in a dark crimson robe accented by fine gold designs sitting on a ornately carved wooden rocking chair sipping tea... It smells good... As far as magical auras are concerned you can make out some, but those are easily drowned out by that of a simple wooden stick n his right hand (which you are unable to appraise), smooth at both bases, and along it's side. His wards are His favorite color is purple now beat it kid. :smalltongue: Nah, you can't see his wards, so you don't know what they are. :smallbiggrin:

Bridgar
2011-08-20, 07:15 PM
Vakot

Vakot looks the man up and down, after which his illusion ordered the men to stay there while he settled some quick business. The illusion flew up in a blur to greet the man. "I can only speak through this illusion. I apologize. If you can see me right now, you must hold great power. I can't detect anything about you past that staff, another indicator of power. How may I help you?"

Most likely futile attempt to identify any items: [roll0]
Basic properties: CL 48
All properties: CL 28

drack
2011-08-20, 07:28 PM
Vakot
"Ahh yes, this old thing." (appraise works as detect magic at these levels which fails entirely when an artifact's aura explodes like the sun in your face :smalltongue:) The man taps his staff on the rocker before taking a long sip of tea. "Well my business. Ah yes. You wee disturbed by my field no? So I was wondering if you'd have an opposition to warding up another area on say the walls where you won't poof into smoke, and My sensitive information won't be leaked to anyone with half a wit. I have already cleared it with the guards and they've cleared you a space there." The man gestures vaguely with his staff at an area of the wall with fewer guards. "I don't suppose you have any further objections...?"

Bridgar
2011-08-20, 08:05 PM
Vakot

"So long as the room itself isn't warded, I'm fine with it, I guess. Why, exactly, do you need my services?"

drack
2011-08-20, 08:32 PM
Vakot

"Lets see here, I believe that that would be sensitive information that I would rather someone with half a wit over there not hearing." He lazily gestures down at the town. " I guess I'll be off than, you'll have a good few minutes to prepare our space atop the wall." With that he floats down to an old looking inn below. :smallbiggrin:
The space on the wall is a spot of bare stone ground spanning about fifty feet by fifty feet.

Throneya
Yet another old man sits beside you. This one holds a cup of delicious smelling tea in his left hand, and a cylindrical stick in the other, and wears dark red robes with a faint yet elaborate golden embroidery. He sits atop a finely carved wooden rocking chair that you... think?... might not have been there a few minutes ago :smallconfused: suffice it to say you've had a few drinks. :smallbiggrin: "Hello there, nice day today is isn't it?"

Hazuki
2011-08-21, 04:51 AM
Throneya

Throneya is surprised at the amount of old men talking to her today, but she doesn't make that clear. "The weather is lovely."

drack
2011-08-21, 05:37 AM
Throneya
Yes it is isn't it. Say, aren't you Throneya?

darn you for not putting a last name on your sheet and thus preventing him from sounding like more of a creep :smallmad::smalltongue:

Hazuki
2011-08-21, 08:38 AM
Throneya

"Yes, that is what I have named myself." Throneya responds, not surprised or bothered by somebody knowing her name. A name is only words to her.

drack
2011-08-21, 09:46 AM
Throneya
"That it is." replies the man in a mild tone. "And you were off to see a Mr. Fitch today right, in order to address this threat to our nation?" He takes a sip of his tea.

Hazuki
2011-08-21, 10:23 AM
Throneya

"If your tea is the threat to the nation, then I believe you should continue drinking it."

drack
2011-08-21, 10:38 AM
Throneya
He takes another healthy drink of it before replying "sadly enough I'm afraid that would be imposable" He gestures at his cup and surprisingly enough it is still full. He takes several large gulps and still the glass remains full. "So now you see the gravity of the situation no?" he says with a slight smile. "I hope you would come quickly with me before the realm's doom reaches us and this fine cup of tea spills it's pleasant nectar."

Hazuki
2011-08-21, 11:25 AM
Throneya

"Come with you where?" Throneya asks curiously.

drack
2011-08-21, 12:07 PM
Throneya
"Well if you wouldn't mind me stopping to pick something up I was hoping we bight stroll across the walls. Have you ever seen such tall shiny walls?" (the walls are grey... not the shiniest of colors when you really think about it) "I could even show you my magic rocker, after all I hear you're good at balancing stunts." The old man appears overjoyed at the thought of showing off his toys. :smallbiggrin: