PDA

View Full Version : [3.5e Bloodline] Kitten-Friend (PEACH)

Welknair
2011-07-17, 02:35 PM
Didn't you hear? I'm making bloodlines for EVERYTHING. This one is based off of Bhu's Cat Fans Unite (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165573). Apologies if this makes you think any less of me.

Kitten-Friend
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs44/f/2009/128/4/1/Cute_Cat_Girl_by_yandere_Yuno.jpg

Catburglers master the art of turning into a cat to fool and con people for personal gain. And then there are some people that are just born with the talent. No one knows how, or why. A couple of individuals make accusations that the Wizards are up to something, like with that nasty Owlbear incident. All of these claims are groundless, of course.

Level
Minor
Intermediate
Major1 Diplomacy +22 Diplomacy +2 Purr, Kitty Form3 Charisma +14 Diplomacy +2 Purr, Kitty Form Adorable5 Feline Affinity +26 Charisma +1 Kitty Magic7 Bluff +28 Purr, Kitty Form Adorable Enhanced Kitty Form9 Dexterity +110 Feline Affinity +2 Feline Characteristics11 Feline Affinity +412 Charisma +1 Kitty Magic Kitty Magic13 Jump +214 Bluff +2 Too Cute to Die15 Constitution +116 Adorable Enhanced Kitty Form Enhanced Kitty Form17 Feline Affinity +618 Dexterity +1 Kitty Magic19 Move Silently +220 Feline Affinity +2 Feline Characteristics You're a Kitty!

Purr: Kitten-Friends learn to speak the language of the felines just as Catburglers do. They gain the Purr ability, as per the Catburgler class feature of the same name.

Kitty Form: Kitten-Friends are born... weird. They have cat ears, eyes and a tail. Effectively they have the Katgrrl/Katboi Form without the rest of the benefits. They are however counted as being in Kitty Form for purpose of their Kitty Magic and other abilities. Additionally they may take the form of a tiny Cat for a number of minutes per day equal to 1/4, 1/2 or 1X their level, depending on bloodline strength.

Adorable: They're just plain adorable. They double their Charisma modifier for purposes of Diplomacy, Bluff, Gather Information, and Perform checks.

Feline Affinity: They're cat people. They gain a bonus on all social interaction checks with felines of all kinds and have a Wild Empathy that applies only to felines. They gain a bonus on this check equal to their Feline Affinity.

Kitty Magic: There's something magical about the way that cats (and their cousins, the Kitten-Friends) can enchant people to do whatever they want them to. I'm not kidding. It's magic. The Kitten-Friend gains access to a single Kitty Magic that they qualify for. They are treated as a Catburgler of
1/8, 1/4 or 1/2 their level, depending on bloodline strength.

Enhanced Kitty Form: Level up! The Kitten-Friend chooses an Enhanced Kitty Form that they qualify for. Just as with Kitty Magic they count as a Catburgler of 1/8, 1/4 or 1/2 their level for these qualifications.

Feline Characteristics: Over time the Kitten-Friend's feline side becomes more and more apparent. Their "normal" form now gains all the usual benefits of the Katgrrl/Katboi form.

Too Cute to Die: How can you kill something so darn lovable? Their cuteness gives them what seems to be a bonus to the amount of damage that they can take as enemies and the forces of nature unconsciously pull their blows. They base their HP off of their Charisma, not their Constitution as long as their Charisma is the higher of the two.

You're a Kitty!: The Kitten-Friend gains the ability to stun people with the sheer might of their adorable-ness. They gain the ability to cast Feeblemind once per day as a spell-like ability against a target that sees them. The save is Charisma based and the Caster Level is equal to the Kitten-Friend's level. The level of the spell is treated as 5 + the Kitten-Friend's Charisma modifier to a max of 9th for the purposes of determining DC, dispelling, overcoming Globes of Invulnerability and the like.

I'm not so sure about this one. Many of the Kitty Magics are quite powerful. I'm always cautious of At-Wills. But there wasn't much for me to do.

Oh well. That's the last one before I depart in an hour or so.

Shadow Lord
2011-07-17, 02:36 PM
The Kittys! They are so adorable! Good job, Gareth!

NeoSeraphi
2011-07-17, 02:40 PM
I don't know...I think you should add for Adorable certain excluded class skills. (No matter how much you Nyan at the wand, it's not going to make UMD checks any easier)

Suggested skill checks that Adorable should not apply to: Intimidate, Use Magic Device, Use Psionic Device, Disguise (If anything the ears and tail should make it harder)

DracoDei
2011-07-17, 02:40 PM
"Your a Kitty!" reducing charisma seems counter-intuitive to me. Perhaps it should only effect Intelligence, but also be heightened a few levels for increased DC and Globe of Invulnerability piercing...

Welknair
2011-07-17, 02:42 PM
I don't know...I think you should add for Adorable certain excluded class skills. (No matter how much you Nyan at the wand, it's not going to make UMD checks any easier)

Suggested skill checks that Adorable should not apply to: Intimidate, Use Magic Device, Use Psionic Device, Disguise (If anything the ears and tail should make it harder)

Easier to just list the ones that it does apply to. Which is what I've done.

"Your a Kitty!" reducing charisma seems counter-intuitive to me. Perhaps it should only effect Intelligence, but also be heightened a few levels for increased DC and Globe of Invulnerability piercing...

Hmm. Well the idea is to make them completely dumbfounded. Which certainly is what Feeblemind does. Though at that point the DC and level could be a problem... I've got an idea for a fix.

NeoSeraphi
2011-07-17, 02:42 PM

It should also be sight-based. I don't think a creature that can't see how adorable she is would be reduced to a drooling idiot simply because she willed it.

NeoSeraphi
2011-07-17, 02:45 PM
Easier to just list the ones that it does apply to. Which is what I've done.

Er, well...I think Gather Information would be applicable as well. She's just so cute that people want to tell her whatever she asks.

Welknair
2011-07-17, 02:47 PM
It should also be sight-based. I don't think a creature that can't see how adorable she is would be reduced to a drooling idiot simply because she willed it.

There, how's that? Even if they're not a Sorcerer, they'll likely have a charisma modifier of at least +1 which would be enough to circumvent Globe of Invulnerability as well as having a more significant DC. Hmm. Then again, if they were a sorcerer, that may be a bit too powerful. Hmm.

Er, well...I think Gather Information would be applicable as well. She's just so cute that people want to tell her whatever she asks.

Woopsie. Missed that one. Added.

NeoSeraphi
2011-07-17, 02:50 PM
There, how's that? Even if they're not a Sorcerer, they'll likely have a charisma modifier of at least +1 which would be enough to circumvent Globe of Invulnerability as well as having a more significant DC. Hmm. Then again, if they were a sorcerer, that may be a bit too powerful. Hmm.

:smalleek: You uh...might want to add a maximum spell level there, Welknair. Maybe 9th level, so it doesn't get into Epic DCs?

Welknair
2011-07-17, 02:50 PM
:smalleek: You uh...might want to add a maximum spell level there, Welknair. Maybe 9th level, so it doesn't get into Epic DCs?

Yeah. Was thinking the same thing. Gets a bit scary once you get up there.

Now I'm stuck with the image of one desperately trying to get it to apply to Intimidate. It's hilarious and adorable. But not very scary.

jojolagger
2011-08-26, 09:23 AM
This one is based off of Bhu's Cat Fans Unite (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165573). Apologies if this makes you think any less of me.
Dude, I'm in a game Bhu is running as a playtest for his stuff. Why would I think less of you for this? Also, This thread was just mentioned in said games OOC section. :smallbiggrin:

Also, you have captured cat burglar in bloodline form quite well. Good job, I was not expecting this.

Welknair
2011-08-26, 10:11 AM
Dude, I'm in a game Bhu is running as a playtest for his stuff. Why would I think less of you for this? Also, This thread was just mentioned in said games OOC section. :smallbiggrin:

Also, you have captured cat burglar in bloodline form quite well. Good job, I was not expecting this.

Why thank you! I'm curious as to what's being, would you mind posting a link to the aforementioned OOC?

Absol197
2011-08-26, 10:35 AM
First off, I love this thread, as with anything that is in any way, shape, or form related to Bhu's Catburglar or associated prestige classes (!!!:smallbiggrin:!!!)

As for save DCs for some of the abilities (most noticeably, the "You're a Kitty!!"), why not simply go with the standard monster-ability save DC? 10 + 1/2 HD + Cha modifier? That saves you from doing a trickier calculation with a cap, and prevents Charisma from double-contributing (or double subtracting, should it for some reason be low) to the save DC.

jojolagger
2011-08-26, 10:54 AM
Why thank you! I'm curious as to what's being, would you mind posting a link to the aforementioned OOC?

Right here. (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=12141.msg435175#msg435175)

As for save DCs for some of the abilities (most noticeably, the "You're a Kitty!!"), why not simply go with the standard monster-ability save DC? 10 + 1/2 HD + Cha modifier? That saves you from doing a trickier calculation with a cap, and prevents Charisma from double-contributing (or double subtracting, should it for some reason be low) to the save DC.Because HD don't determine how cute the kitty is.
Honestly, the current system works, isn't that difficult to use, and fits the fluff better.