PDA

View Full Version : favorite gestal combinations

Darth Stabber
2011-07-17, 05:05 PM
So what are your favorite gestalt combinations? I don't neccessarily meaan most powerfull (wizard//factotum is facing charges over what it did to the action economy), but just what has been/is/sounds fun.

Totemist//Rogue - lots of weapons to sneak attack with, and the ability to go from good to really good at a few key skills. There is a weird synergy there, not as obvious as some, but it is there.

Scout//Swashbuckler - good combination for a highly mobile combatant. If you can find a way to sneak pounce on to it, it ratchets up to pretty darn good.

Hexblade//Warlock - heavy flavor synergy. Also supports Eldritch Glaive quite well. Little bit MAD, but not unworkably so.

ffone
2011-07-17, 05:24 PM
re: scout/rogue - it might also be interesting to do a scout-ranger // rogue-swashbuckler with the Swift Hunter and Daring Outlaw feats to stack skirmish on one side and sneak attack on the other. Same extra damage die as a scout // rogue but you'll have full almost-full BAB. Which is true for non-gestalt, but in this case, you can still do 'mostly rogue' or 'mostly scout' levels on one side and, as long as you only have 3-4 rogue OR 3-4 scout levels, you'll stay at level-minus-1 BAB.

Thing is, you'll need a reliable way to trigger both conditions (move 10' and Dex-deny or flank). As cliche as it is, such a character might want to invest in swift-movement and-or full attack charges so that they can charge flat-fooed foes and later tumble into flanking positions and still full attack. Failing that, maybe Improved Manyshot + ring of blinking so that most rounds, you can move + make several attacks which deny Dex to AC vs most foes.

thompur
2011-07-17, 08:07 PM
Warlock 9/Hellfire Warlock 3/ Chamelion 2/Warlock 6//Binder 20.:smallcool:

Maho-Tsukai
2011-07-17, 08:12 PM
Death Master///Archivist/Contemplative(For deathbound domain). BEST..NECROMANCER...EVER...

Likewise, Dread Necro///Death Master is also loads of fun, though a bit MAD due to dual casting stats.

Bovine Colonel
2011-07-17, 09:45 PM
I'd like to try a PF Paladin//Rogue or PF Paladin//Sorcerer, maybe with Abjurant Champion or a casting-in-armor ability thrown into the mix.

Essence_of_War
2011-07-17, 09:54 PM
Warblade//Factotum

It's a beautiful thing.

Marxism
2011-07-17, 09:58 PM
Well when you just want to be kicked out of your group...
Wiz//Cleric
Wiz//Sorc
When you don't...
Swordsage/Wizard because being a gish used to be hard
Duskblade/Sorc same as above

ImperatorK
2011-07-17, 10:11 PM
Well when you just want to be kicked out of your group...
Wiz//Cleric
Wiz//Sorc
You're kidding, right? This are the worst gestalt combinations for casters. You have to invest into two casting stats, you are limited by action economy, you get more spells, but quantity rarely is better then quality (at least in D&D). The Sorc gives nothing new to the Wiz and the Clerics front-line potential is limited by Wiz restrictions (ASF).

deuxhero
2011-07-17, 10:12 PM
Crusader//Artificer has neat fluff options.

Rei_Jin
2011-07-17, 10:15 PM
For pure roleplay value, I once built a Fighter 20//Monk 20 who spent every single feat he could on mastering the Quarterstaff. I ended up having to make him a human, cos I didn't have enough feats otherwise to do what I wanted

IthroZada
2011-07-17, 10:16 PM
Here are a few that I've been dying to try out.
Unarmed Swordsage//Warlock (must have Eldritch Claws)
The utility invocations, the claws, and the swordsage maneuvers make for an interesting beast.

Psionic Artificer//Warblade
Specifically a Warforged. Sort of a warrior-smith who augments himself to smash you in the face. And then does everything else because he's an Artificer, but that's just incidental.

Synthesist Summoner//Crusader.
Lots of AC, lots of HP, lots of reach. Awesome tank and lockdown. I have no idea if Deepstone Sentinel (with the Stone Dragon redux) would make it even more awesome, but I'm looking into it.

Druid (or Wildshape Ranger -> Master of Many Forms)//Totemist
The premise being, teeth and claws everywhere. Might as well go shifter for more feralness.

Sorcerer//Gun Mage (from Iron Kingdoms, with some homebrew to make it more Pathfinder friendly)
Take the Stormborn bloodline, and it should be fun, for the RP alone.

Tvtyrant
2011-07-17, 10:21 PM
I never really did gestalt, but if I did... DFA//Totemist on a dragonblooded Goliath would defiantly be my choice. Con synergy and takes care of every role possible except healing. Plus the DFA can use a maximized Breath of Tiamat so it can actually nova in later levels.

peacenlove
2011-07-17, 11:04 PM
Shadowcaster // Binder or Shadowcaster // Warlock. Go easy on them all day then drop the big bomb when needed :smallbiggrin:

Incarnate // Anything (although I prefer wizard or archivist). I recently found out that Incarnum can save you loads of money (soulmelds) and grant you some hard to find abilities and/or better support your main side.

Groverfield
2011-07-18, 12:23 AM
Rogue//Wizard- do everything except fort saves

Curious
2011-07-18, 12:31 AM
Warblade 1/(PF) (Sage Bloodline (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/archetypes/paizo---sorcerer-archetypes/wildblooded/sage)) Sorc 4/ Eldritch Knight 10 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57794)/(PF) (Sage Bloodline (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/archetypes/paizo---sorcerer-archetypes/wildblooded/sage)) Sorc 5//Factotum 1/Warblade 4/Factotum 15

A simply amazing gish; I plan on using the Spell Point (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/spellPoints.htm) and Words of Power (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/words-of-power) variants for a more primal and free-form feel to the spell-casting. Get Font of Inspiration at least three times, spam spells and maneuvers every turn. Awesome.

It really kicks in to gear at level 12, when you get Cunning Surge, and only gets better from there.

Darth Stabber
2011-07-18, 12:34 AM
Shadowcaster // Binder or Shadowcaster // Warlock. Go easy on them all day then drop the big bomb when needed :smallbiggrin:

Incarnate // Anything (although I prefer wizard or archivist). I recently found out that Incarnum can save you loads of money (soulmelds) and grant you some hard to find abilities and/or better support your main side.

Totemist and Incarnate both work wonders in gestalt, because they are primarily passive classes, ie their class features do not require a lot of actions. Meldshapers may have their swift actions spoken for, but standard and move are wide open for spells, manuevers, powers, ect. And if you need a swift action you can probably do without shifting essentia. Binder is in a similar vein since most vestige abilities are passive, with most of the active ones having a cool down before reuse. Warlock and DFA have a number of invocations that last all day, so they make a fair passive half. Monk actually starts looking a lot better, most of it's abilities are passive, and if you want you can pair it with full bab to allow you to hit things with flurry. Dragon shaman's notorious passiveness and lack of direction actually adds to some builds (especially nice with sorc for flavor and mechanical synergy). Many of Factotum's abilities are passive and add some nice options to anything INT dependant.

Other fun builds I've though about:
Sorcerer//Dragonshaman - aura's can be fun, especially when you have spells to back it up. Also sorc charisma dependance fuels DS's touch of vitality. Bonus flavor boost for being a dragon worshipping dragon descendant. Dipping 2 lvls of paladin also very tasty for saving against any effect 95% of the time.

Crusader//Dragonshaman - similar to above for the more melee-minded.

Artificer//Incarnate - make stuff. Not the most powerfull combo (though you are an artificer), it has a very nice flavor.

Swordsage//Incarnate - you may want to keep your essentia in place to allow boosts and counters, but all in all you can do a lot of things, and your save DCs and armor all come from the same stat.

Cusader//Bard - the exemplary battlefield champion. Song of the white raven is only the beginning. Plus manuevers do not impede Bardic Music, whistle while you work indeed.

NeoSeraphi
2011-07-18, 12:57 AM
Sorcerer//Druid. Suddenly, your animal companion gains access to all the beautiful self-only buff spells that the wizard spell list has. You can also take Arcane Disciple to gain access to the Luck Domain, which will grant you miracle, so you can cast giantsize and share it as well.

Suggested spells for this build:

Sorc:
1st level-Shield
2nd level-Mirror Image
3rd level-haste, displacement, fly, water breathing
4th level-greater invisibility, polymorph
5th level-no real good buff spells in PHB
6th level-true seeing
7th level- great spell list, but no buff so feel free to pick
8th level- mind blank, moment of presience, iron body
9th level- gate, time stop, wish (what did you expect?)

All of this, plus your normal druid spellcasting, grants you the spell lists of all three tier 1 casters (even if it is as a sorcerer). With time stop, wish, miracle, shapechange, and nature's avatar, you and your animal companion will be unstoppable melee forces of destruction.

It's not the best build, but it certainly is fun to play.

Kittenwolf
2011-07-18, 02:45 AM
Wizard//Archivist - Want to play that wise old sage that always has some tidbit of knowledge and magical trick for the situation? Here's your combo :)

GoodbyeSoberDay
2011-07-18, 04:46 AM
Factotum//[T3 and up] if you want to be ridiculous. Like previously stated, Factotum//Warblade works very well.

If you want to get kicked out of your group, Wizard/Incantatrix//Archivist lets you persist basically everything on yourself.

If you want to go for sheer versatility without serious cheese, Beguiler//Druid covers all four party roles by level 1. Before you say it's MAD, remember you really only need to pump INT and keep WIS and CON high enough. That's less stat priority than a straight fighter.

deuxhero
2011-07-18, 04:57 AM
Favorite Gestal combinations?

I like Soul Nomad and FF6 ones myself.

kenjigoku
2011-07-18, 05:01 AM
Wizard//Factotum

All of the spell-casting with extra spell-casting with inspiration points! YAY!!!

or with slightly less cheeze

Monk//Cleric

HunterOfJello
2011-07-18, 05:12 AM
I'm going to be playing an Artificer//Rogue/Warblade soon and am really excited about it. Dual wielding keen kukris to make use of the crit weapon enhancements looks like it's going to be really fun. Plus, with the right gloves and putting weapon chambers on the kukris, I'll eventually be able to wield 4 wands while holding the kukris at the same time.

grarrrg
2011-07-18, 09:23 AM
Side A: Sorcerer plus whatever (full casting) PrC supports my character concept the best.

Side B: Start with Paladin 2, and fill the rest with whatever Cha-stacking shenanigans I can get away with.

Kaje
2011-07-18, 09:38 AM
Factotum//Psion - pretty much the ultimate in nova-ing.

Factotum//Warblade - slightly less nova, but can do it every encounter.

Dragonborn Sun Elf Factotum//Warblade/Eternal Blade

Elf Healer/Combat Medic/Healing Hand of Mishakal (Dragonlance - Holy Orders of the Stars)//Noble (Dragonlance Campaign Setting) - Basically your standard elven princess.

Sparrow Hengeyokai Warlock/Hellfire Warlock//Legacy Champion//Binder/Rogue with Confound the Big Folk - reliably deal 36d6 damage every turn by level 20.

Dwarf Rogue/Monk/Duskblade/Warblade/Bloodstorm Blade//Wizard/Runesmith/Enlightened Fist/Spellwarp Sniper - Is just like a standard duskblade, but does everything so much better (except for 1-2 less BAB). Ask your dm for a nerf to enlightened fist so it doesn't progress monk abilities, and bam it's suddenly available in gestalt.

Swordsage/Crinti Shadow Marauder//Swift Hunter - remember the beginning of X-Men 2...

Duskblade//Totemist - arcane channeling becomes better when you have a dozen attacks.

Warlock/Sentinel of Bharrai//Totemist/Warshaper - few things scarier than a dire bear with monstrous soulmelds shooting lasers from its face. Take eldritch claws for more awesomeness.

Hellbred Warlock/Hellfire Warlock//Binder/Crusader/Hellreaver - Make those fiends pay! Also, it's not as good, but replace crusader with paladin of freedom (for the mount) and you've got Ghost Rider.

Lawful Neutral Crusader//Incarnate - Therapeutic Mantle interacts with a number of devoted spirit stances so you heal just by attacking to make you the ultimate tank, and you can unleash your wrath at criminals and evil-doers with "I AM THE LAW!" awesomeness. Warforged seems a good fit for this, though both your DC stats will suffer.

Here's one with homebrew:
Azurin Esper Knight (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169532)//Swordsage/Incarnum Blade/Bloodstorm Blade - The ultimate Jedi. 15-17 levels of swordsage initiating (depending on how far you go in bloodstorm blade), full bab, throwable lightsaber. Use the Esper Knight feats to get the prereqs for bloodstorm blade, and deflect arrows, then use the rest to fill up on incarnum feats, which you'll likely never use except for the essentia. And who cares that you're limited to light armor when you've got wis to ac twice? My build has 26-27 essentia (depending on whether the single soulmeld you can shape counts as "soulmelds" for the purpose of the bonus essentia feat), enough to nearly max out all powers and weapon.

Devmaar
2011-07-18, 09:39 AM
Binder//Incarnate

Play a different build every day!

Essence_of_War
2011-07-18, 09:51 AM
I had a blast playing a Githzerai, dex-based:

PsyWar 20 (or Psywar 14/Sanctified Mind 6)//Swordsage 20

It doesn't get full BAB, but it doesn't really need it. Make sure you take Shadow Blade and either THF with the spiked chain or dual wield something saucy.

Taelas
2011-07-18, 10:07 AM
Druid 20//Warblade 19/Monk 1 comes to mind. Basically like Druid 19/Monk 1, but with full Druid and 19 levels of d12 HD and full BAB.... and, of course, maneuvers.

FMArthur
2011-07-18, 10:14 AM
I really do like Factotum // Int-based class

It's not really cheesy, it's just fun synergy. Warblade is my favourite counterpart in a factotum gestalt, but I also like psion/erudite, beguiler, wizard and archivist. It's not so much about power as being a very cohesive and fluid class merger compared to most gestalt combinations. You're not a schizo or the king of mary-sues or whatever, you're just a really brilliant problem-solver who is extra good at his specialty.

Morph Bark
2011-07-18, 10:24 AM
Any combination of Totemist, Swordsage and Druid (mostly when VoP is allowed).

Any combination of Wizard or Psion, Warblade and Factotum. Mostly focused on buff spells/powers if Warblade, more on control spells if Factotum (Factotum SLAs would go to the most-used spells of course).

kestrel404
2011-07-18, 11:08 AM
Depends on the level of optimization.
For tier 3: Warblade//Psychic Rogue
For tier 2: Paladin // Ardent
At tier 1, go for the gold with Spell-to-power Erudite//Archivist, the man who can cast anything.

danzibr
2011-07-18, 11:41 AM
Barbar20//whatever with War Hulk

Maaaaaaaassive Strength with BAB!!!

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-07-18, 11:56 AM
Druid//Swordsage and Factotum//anything are pretty much as strong as you can get.

I'm particularly fond of Warlock 20// Mystic Ranger 5/ Enlightened Spirit 10/ Mystic Ranger 5, which makes for a fairly high Tier 3 or possibly a low Tier 2.

In one game I ran a guy played a Warmage/ Phoenix Servant (adapted from Rainbow Servant)// Crusader/ Warmage, with Phoenix Servant granting 6/10 as per the text in every nonenglish printing, so he staggered the levels to still get full spellcasting. Between martial maneuvers, Arcane Strike, Eclectic Learning choices, crowd control spells like Black Tentacles, and the eventual Cleric list access, it turned out to be a very fun character.

gorfnab
2011-07-18, 01:18 PM
Dragon Shaman // Crusader
Bard / Sublime Chord // Crusader
Binder // Hexblade

Sception
2011-07-18, 01:41 PM
I'm a fan of Dread Necromancer/Shadow Adept//Rogue/Shadowdancer. Decent fluff synergy, the rogue side helps with the Dread Necro's lack of skill points, and the sneak attack is a nice touch early on in the dread necro's career when you're wading into melee and spaming touch attacks. Shadowdancer is mostly there for fluff, and the feat prereqs aren't worth it. It's better if you look for some other PrC instead, or even just stick with rogue. But I like it anyway.

Soranar
2011-07-18, 04:58 PM
Factotum + any INT based caster is hilariously broken.

Personally I really like Factotum/Warlock for the one shot kill potential.

Just put a lot of points in INT ( CHA is optional) . Knowledge devotion/psionic shot feat tree, maximize iajutsu focus and unleash all your inspiration points on the same target.

At most levels it should kill it in one shot, you can even spend all your inspiration points to get x sneak attack dice. When face with mobs you can spam tentacles and take your time to shoot them down or take out your lightsaber (eldritch glaive) and go nuts with AoO as they charge you.

kharmakazy
2011-07-18, 07:38 PM
Playing a Warforged warblade//arcane swordsage. It's fun to say.:smallcool:

Strormer
2011-07-18, 08:03 PM
Wow, not so powerful, but a few of my favorites...

Bard/Ranger - A fluff-central shift with a singing ranger... :smallbiggrin:

Samurai/Soulknife - A sword, literally, is a samurai's soul.

and my personal favorite:
Ranger/Barbarian - Feral master of combat. Throw in whirling frenzy (UA) and oversized two-weapon fighting (CW) and you've got a bit of a beast.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-07-18, 08:06 PM
Elf factotum//warblade.

He wears green clothes. :smallcool:

Ardantis
2011-07-19, 12:19 AM
I'm all about the ridiculous

Duskblade//Beguiler

(not sure why, just like this one)

Warlock//Bard

(Love Warlocks, love Bards, Cha synergy, plus you can sing while flying around invisible all day!)

Druid//Anything else

(TOTALLY RIDICULOUS)

candycorn
2011-07-19, 05:08 AM
I'm fond of Cleric // Druid
and Cleric // Divine Bard
and Cleric // Ardent
and Wizard // Psion

Yeah, multi casters, but stop for a second.

The first two can use DMM for any of their spells.
The third can combine cleric and ardent buffs with less worries, and still have abilities left over for combat.
The fourth can do the same, but for wizard.

All have good options.

Avalon2099
2011-07-19, 05:23 AM
Elf factotum//warblade.

With Eternal Blade as well.

"Hey Listen! Hey! Listen"

Knaight
2011-07-19, 05:38 AM
Warblade//Warlock is a lot of fun. Not only is the character capable of combat at basically any range, nothing is preventing the heavy use of Eldritch Glaive with stances and boosts. Power Attack lets you get wonderful damage with it, and it is a much better option for full attacking than swinging around a sword.

Monk//Scout is also fun. The Monk side of the chassis is pretty much there for two reasons, cranking up speed, and getting good saves.

Psion/Uncarnate//Soulknife/Kensai can also be fun. It isn't what you would call powerful, but a ghost with a ghostly sword and the occasional spell is a lot of fun to play, and as a warrior it can compete. As a spellcaster, less so.

Warblade//Monk/Warhulk/Kensai gets stuff done. Its a melee warrior, yes, and the monk levels are basically save boosts, but the Warhulk and Kensai end of things get stuff done.

Totemist//Adept works pretty well as a warrior shaman character for a T3 group.

Any Class//(Lots of short dips in classes with multiple good saves) works wonders for a character who just needs to be resillient. Getting +2 to at least two saves per level is solid, and makes a decent defense. Grabbing cha to saves makes it even better.

Warblade//Wizard/Dragon Disciple/Monk can be fun. Its a case of one side basically giving some defense and draconic powers to the other, as the Wizard part is essentially unused, but it makes a fun draconic warrior.

Murdim
2011-07-19, 06:43 AM
Factotum // Anything. Some Int synergy is recommended because a dumb Factotum is suboptimal, though far from useless.

Incarnate or Totemist // Anything. They even have soulmelds that help casters. You want a high CON score, but then again, you ALWAYS want a high CON score.

Egoist or Ardent or PsyWar // Any fightey type. Unless you want to abuse the hell out of Expansion and Form of Doom, the core Psychic Warrior simply isn't worth it with its 6th level powers and its mediocre PP pool ; you might want to look at the Pathfinder version (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/psychic-warrior) (Three more powers kwown! Actual class features! One more PP!), as well as the Mantled Warrior ACF. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070214a) The Ardent has a more adapted fluff as well as a wider choice of relevant powers (read : almost all PsyWar powers) than the Egoist, but gets less powers known and has to take some Expanded Knowledge feats to unlock the more "interesting" high-level spells.

Whatever 10 / War Hulk 10 // Any full BAB class, usually Barbarian. You know you want to.

Favored Soul // PF Paladin. THE holy warrior. Probably still inferior to an optimized Cleric, but really, who cares?

Crusader // Knight. Spiked chain mandatory. Is tanking viable in D&D 3,5? Not really. But you can always try.

Amnestic
2011-07-19, 06:46 AM
Bard//Anything. All I need is my music. Though, I have been tempted by the idea of a Bard//Binder whose vestige pacts take the form of rock offs/dance offs/rap battles/etc.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-07-19, 10:45 PM
With Eternal Blade as well.

"Hey Listen! Hey! Listen"

Ah yes, Navi, Ciela, The King Of Red Lions (although arguably he was communicating through a stone and doesn't count).

Darth Stabber
2011-07-22, 06:39 PM
Warblade//Wizard/Dragon Disciple/Monk can be fun. Its a case of one side basically giving some defense and draconic powers to the other, as the Wizard part is essentially unused, but it makes a fun draconic warrior.

Doesn't work. Dragon disciple requires arcane spell casting without preperation. Sorcerer (or Bard, dread necromancer, beguiler, warmage, duskblade, ect) get the job done, but wizards prepare and are therefore unqualified.

gorfnab
2011-07-23, 02:55 AM
Warblade//Warlock is a lot of fun. Not only is the character capable of combat at basically any range, nothing is preventing the heavy use of Eldritch Glaive with stances and boosts. Power Attack lets you get wonderful damage with it, and it is a much better option for full attacking than swinging around a sword.

Eldritch Claws (Drag #358) + Tiger Claw = :smallbiggrin:
Bloodclaw Master would be interesting to throw into that mix as well.

Knaight
2011-07-23, 05:25 AM
Doesn't work. Dragon disciple requires arcane spell casting without preperation. Sorcerer (or Bard, dread necromancer, beguiler, warmage, duskblade, ect) get the job done, but wizards prepare and are therefore unqualified.

Huh, I didn't remember that detail. Crusader instead of Warblade, Sorcerer instead of Wizard fits it then.

Amphetryon
2011-07-23, 06:51 AM
Binder//Totemist

Dread Necromancer//Crusader

Hexblade//Warlock

and, if Unarmed Swordsage is off the table in Gestalt:

Monk 6/Ranger 4/Shadow Sun Ninja 10//Swordsage

playswithfire
2011-07-23, 07:33 AM
In general, for gestalt, I'll play a Barbarian//Swordsage, but I put together a gestalt BBEG that I like which was a Sorcerer 6/Pale Master 10//Crusader 5/Battle Dancer 1/Sorcerer +1/Crusader +9.

enderlord99
2011-07-23, 06:16 PM
Druid//Beguiler

Even better if you have some way to get Cloaked Casting to apply to Druid spells *cough*fingerofdeath*cough*

Still good otherwise.

gorfnab
2011-07-23, 11:22 PM
Would the Spontaneous Divination ACF from Complete Champion get around that?

Olo Demonsbane
2011-07-24, 02:09 AM
I greatly enjoyed my recent Druid/Prestige Paladin/Arcane Hierophant//Wizard/Incantatrix/Arcane Hierophant/Sublime Chord/Ultimate Magus.

So many options every turn, and a semi-uber mount Allosaruous that ate everything.

I am currently using a Human Sorcerer 1/Anima Mage 3//Binder 2/Major Bloodline (Fey) 1/Ghost 1. An incorporeal Binder with EBL 9 and 2nd level sorcerer spells.

Gadora
2011-07-24, 10:54 AM
Sorcerer//Druid. Suddenly, your animal companion gains access to all the beautiful self-only buff spells that the wizard spell list has. You can also take Arcane Disciple to gain access to the Luck Domain, which will grant you miracle, so you can cast giantsize and share it as well.

Suggested spells for this build:

Sorc:
1st level-Shield
2nd level-Mirror Image
3rd level-haste, displacement, fly, water breathing
4th level-greater invisibility, polymorph
5th level-no real good buff spells in PHB
6th level-true seeing
7th level- great spell list, but no buff so feel free to pick
8th level- mind blank, moment of presience, iron body
9th level- gate, time stop, wish (what did you expect?)

All of this, plus your normal druid spellcasting, grants you the spell lists of all three tier 1 casters (even if it is as a sorcerer). With time stop, wish, miracle, shapechange, and nature's avatar, you and your animal companion will be unstoppable melee forces of destruction.

It's not the best build, but it certainly is fun to play.

Going along similar lines of thought, I'd rather like to play a cleric//sorcerer, probably hitting Malconvoker. The key here is to take Divine Metamagic(Imbueed Summoning) so that all your summons turn up with one of your sorcerer buffs in place. This way, you wind up a) having more critters show up (thanks to Malconvoker), b) casting a single spell and having it affect all of your critters, c) not having to spend extra actions to get your sorcerer spells in place. As for why I'd go sorcerer here over wizard, it's purely to get more out of charisma, which is crucial for your DMM shenanigans. Also, I'd be considering running the sorcerer side into War Weaver, just to get more out of the fact that the sorcerer side would be loaded with nice buff spells.

I'll admit that I'm not as familiar with gestalt as I might like, so are there any glaring flaws that I've overlooked?

Raimun
2011-07-24, 12:45 PM
1. Artificier//Wizard could be just mean.

Basically you could create items like no other (with less need for wands etc.) and have all those wizards spells with all the meta magic tricks you need (no need to spend feats to get item creation).

2. Cleric//Druid could be pretty insane as well.

You would just need a high Wis and be set. Divine metamagic and shapechanging would have some serious oomph. You would have tons of spells too. While I do agree that quality beats quantity, quality and quantity together beat quality.

I'm sure there are ways to optimize both builds further (w/ dipping etc.), as they have some weaknesses. At the very least, both builds have the need to use lighter armor (1. Robes, 2. Non-metal). Still, I think both would pretty capable, SAD and versatile. As an added bonus, I could easily come up with decent back-stories for both builds.

Raimun
2011-07-24, 01:01 PM
I just got this:

Something/Dread Pirate//Dread Necromancer.

Max your dread and be an undead pirate like Cervantes or a Pirates of the caribbean-villain.

Xtomjames
2011-07-24, 01:15 PM
My top ten:

1) Warlock/Artificer

2) Warlock/Favored Soul

3) Warlock/Rogue

4) Psion/Rogue

5) Druid/Soulknife

6) Druid/Favored Soul

7) Quickling Vampire (spawn template) 8 Half-Dragon 4/Monk 20

8) Archon Hound Sword Sage 14/Rogue 20

9) Assassin Devil Assassin 7/Ninja 20

10) Rogue/Alchemist

Kaje
2011-07-26, 03:35 PM
Dragonborn Half-Minotaur Goliath SLT Barbarian 20 // Fighter 1 / Warblade 1 / Totemist 2 / Crusader 1 / War Hulk 10 / Hulking Hurler 1 / Bloodstorm Blade 2

Sure, you lose your gore attack and a couple other nice bonuses, but who cares when you're an 16-ft-tall humanoid dragon monkey-gripping a gargantuan greatsword? Take either the wings or breath aspect - either way you're awesome.

Throw anything you can carry as a light load as a melee attack. That includes pretty much anything. Even like.. dragons and stuff.

Get Therapeutic Mantle via a feat and combine it with your crusader stance to heal every time you attack. Bind Girallon Arms to your totem and I figure you can two-hand your weapon while still snatching arrows.

Morph Bark
2011-07-26, 05:07 PM
Elf factotum//warblade.

If the wilf elf's penalty would be on Cha instead of Int, I'd go with that. Or a more worthwhile homebrew version of half-elf. Then you could have Factotum 5/Chameleon 5/Factotum +10//Warblade 10/Eternal Blade 10. Wild Cohort feat for a warhorse. :smallamused: