PDA

View Full Version : I scored an Interview with Alestorm!

grimbold
2011-07-17, 05:12 PM
Some of you may know that I have a metal blog and I just scored an interview with the lead singer of the band.
The interview will be done via email

do you guys have any suggestions?
I am super excited!

Pika...
2011-07-18, 10:42 AM
Congrats!

Sadly, I do not have any suggestions, but I love their music.

Good luck!

pendell
2011-07-18, 11:08 AM
Some of you may know that I have a metal blog and I just scored an interview with the lead singer of the band.
The interview will be done via email

do you guys have any suggestions?
I am super excited!

Congrats! Alas, I also have no useful suggestions.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Pika...
2011-07-18, 11:12 AM
Oh!

Do you have the free webcam service Skype? Could be much better for an interview.

DraPrime
2011-07-18, 11:14 AM
Mention how Swashbuckle is so much better. :smalltongue:

Worlok
2011-07-18, 11:24 AM
Ask him if he remembers being thrown out of the Columbia Hall in Berlin for singing "Flower of Scotland" last November. That was quite a sight. :smallbiggrin:

Admittedly, he wasn't the only one singing and we (read: parts of the band and some of us fans) were standing in the lobby, rather than on stage, because their part had long been over, but still... :smallamused:

Seriously though - I got nothing. 'cept for: Love your blog. Rock on, grimbold!

Traab
2011-07-18, 11:57 AM
Dont squeal when you meet up. Im told famous people hate that. Oh wait, its done through email? Then dont send him any messages like this, "SQUUUEEEEEE!!!!!! OMGILOVEYOUANDEVERYTHINGABOUTYOUIWANTYOURBABIESSQU EEEEEE!!!!"

rakkoon
2011-07-18, 12:57 PM
Ask them how they felt performing in German and if this will continue.

Ask them their favourite kind of rum

Ask them for free tickets groupies their view on today's metal scene

grimbold
2011-07-18, 11:37 PM
Oh!

Do you have the free webcam service Skype? Could be much better for an interview.

well ima send him the question list then either we are gunna meet up or ima meet them at a show
i will be sure to remain calm

Seffbasilisk
2011-07-19, 12:34 AM
Ask him, "If you could go back, and make your amends, would you make all your mistakes again?"

Worlok
2011-07-19, 01:26 PM
"If you could go back, and make your amends, would you make all your mistakes again?"
And he shall answer "No! I would have bought Fielmann glasses from the start." (I'm sorry! :smalltongue:)

Mikhailangelo
2011-07-21, 02:35 AM
I have nothing useful to add, other than a firm thumbs up and a cry of "That is awesome!"

Feytalist
2011-07-21, 03:38 AM
"Why Pirates?"

Heh, seriously, that's pretty cool.

Castaras
2011-07-21, 03:43 AM
"What direction do you think Alestorm will be taking in the next couple of years?"
"Got any teasers from your next album?"
"How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

I've never heard Alestorm, though have heard of them, so congratulations! :smallbiggrin:

The Succubus
2011-07-21, 03:55 AM
"A lot of people feel that the early days of metal, when Metallica, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, etc were the best years and that the quality has gradually slid downhill. Is this just nostalgia or do you feel there's some truth to it?"

"What advice would you give to someone looking to form a band? What 3 character virtues/flaws make a good metal singer/player?"

"What's the secret ingredient that makes Alestorm's sound different from everyone else's?"

The best sort of interview questions are ones that encourage your blog readers to think as well as your interviewee. Closed questions (ones ending with a yes/no or one word answer) tend to be bad, or padded out with meaningless waffle. Look for ones that encourage debate.

Mikhailangelo
2011-07-21, 06:13 AM
"What's the secret ingredient that makes Alestorm's sound different from everyone else's?"

I think everyone knows that - PIRATES! :D

Worlok
2011-07-21, 11:09 AM
Come to think of it, what would Ninja Metal sound like? :smalleek:

Pokonic
2011-07-21, 11:18 AM
Ninja Metal

Very quiet.

Mikhailangelo
2011-07-21, 11:38 AM

Heavy subtlety

zeratul
2011-07-24, 04:06 PM

like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5-bmJDlIsg)

Congrats on scoring that interview by the way, I've met chris a couple times and he and Dani are both really cool guys. You should ask him to play "You are a Pirate" at their Buffallo new york show coming up. :smalltongue:

Worlok
2011-07-24, 06:45 PM
-link of awesome-
Hell yeah, that's actually good stuff. Nice. :smallbiggrin:

Moff Chumley
2011-07-25, 01:20 AM
Mention how Swashbuckle is so much better. :smalltongue:

If you don't mention Swashbuckle and their superiority, Grimmy, I will be very disappointed in you. :smallannoyed:

toasty
2011-07-25, 01:56 AM
I'd really like to see some sort of question regarding their plans for new music. They've done the "Pirate Metal" thing for 3 albums now, and while I LOVE it, I was wondering if they planned on trying a new genre other than power/folk metal.