PDA

View Full Version : Help me arrange me feats/Make a decision

veven
2011-07-17, 11:41 PM
I am making a sort of mini Dex-based crit-fishing/sneak attack character for an E6 game.

Here are all the feats I want to take but I need some help deciding on the most optimal order in which to take them.

He is a strong heart halfling Sneak attack Thug

Education (for RP purposes + to fuel Knowledge Devotion)
Weapon Finesse
Telling Blow
Two Weapon Fighting
Knowledge Devotion
Martial Veteran (Fighter Capstone feat, needed for improved crit)
Improved Critical: X
Combat Reflexes
Martial Study: X
Martial Stance: X
Shadow Blade?
Improved Two weapon fighting.

Now..another thing I need help deciding is whether to go with Kukri's or Short Swords. With kukris I would crit more often, thus activating Telling Blow more often. If it went this rout the martial study and stance would be Wolf Fang Strike and Blood in the Water.

The other option is short swords. My crit range is only 17-20 (instead of 15-20) with this i would go Martial study: Cloak of Deception, Martial Stance; Island of Blades which would open up Shadow Blade (which I sadly cannot use with Kukris). At the level at which I will get this my Dex will probably be about 22.

What would be better? More frequent crits + telling blows or + 6 damage to each attack. I am leaning towards the short swords.

Fouredged Sword
2011-07-18, 09:15 AM
I would go with shortswords actualy. you will crit more with kuni, but shadowblade will give damage up front. I would look into branching out with feats later to get the second stance and weapons later. Feats are cheep in E6.

Also cheeze warning, but great cleave and blood in the water stance works well with a bag of rats. Cleave through them and count the crits for a quick boost on the first round of combat.