PDA

View Full Version : "Pixie in the Playground", etc.

noparlpf
2011-07-18, 09:36 AM
Hey all,

I don't know if this has been posted before but I didn't find anything about it when I looked. I'm relatively new here and was just wondering what exactly all these things mean. "Dwarf in the Playground", "Troll itP", etc. I'm assuming it has something to do with the number of posts you have or some such.

Zherog
2011-07-18, 09:44 AM
This sticky thread at the top of this forum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45659) will answer most of your questions. Otherwise, the mods prefer we not discuss this topic, as it shifts the focus away from the content of posts and puts it on the number of posts made.

Sucrose
2011-07-18, 09:45 AM
Hey all,

I don't know if this has been posted before but I didn't find anything about it when I looked. I'm relatively new here and was just wondering what exactly all these things mean. "Dwarf in the Playground", "Troll itP", etc. I'm assuming it has something to do with the number of posts you have or some such.

It is indeed correlated with post count. However, there's sort of a ban on talking about other peoples' post counts, so it doesn't come up very much. Generally, the bigger the creature, the larger the post count. If you see a Ghost, that means that they don't post outside of Silly Message Board Games, where posts do not count toward post count, so that people can play games with short post lengths without being called out as trying to inflate their post count.

noparlpf
2011-07-18, 09:49 AM
These titles are there for fun only and post counts mean nothing here. Don't treat anyone any differently because of their post count and please don't post to increase your count. (The former is considered flaming and the latter is considered spam.)
Well, obviously. I was just wondering what they were all about and what they went up to. Thanks for the info.

Should we consider this thread closed now then?

Roland St. Jude
2011-07-18, 10:20 AM
Sheriff: The linked thread really says it all.