PDA

View Full Version : Help with Arcane Trickster? (Pathfinder)

Ravens_cry
2011-07-18, 05:33 PM
I was wonder if the Playground could help me. I have never been much for the multi-classing, and some of my attempts have failed, but I like the look of this prestige class. Basically, I want the character to focus on sneak attacking at range with spells, but I am not sure of the best way to do so most effectively. This is basically a backup character idea, so it doesn't have to be super-effective at level 1, but it should be in fairly short order as I am good at making characters die.
This is something I have never tried before, but something I think could be worth doing. Can it though? Can you help me Playground?
20 point buy, Pathfinder style.
Sources are anything first party in the PF-SRD.

ericgrau
2011-07-18, 06:52 PM
Low level you win initiative then switch to melee or casting. Grease works too to make things flat-footed, but not as well in pathfinder. And glitterdust. Higher level you use greater invisibility to sneak attack every round. Pick some nice rays. You get less attacks but you get ray damage on top of the sneak attack and your attacks are touch attacks. That's the basics, too lazy/busy to do more at the moment.

Ravens_cry
2011-07-18, 08:26 PM
Thank you, I'll look into that.:smallsmile: