PDA

View Full Version : Optimized Cleric Build Help/Thoughts

Avalon2099
2011-07-18, 08:10 PM
So I've played a wizard, and I enjoyed it now I'm looking to try out a decently high level cleric, one thats well optimized, and hopefully able to work well against other casters if needed, and AMF since it's prevalent in the game I'm playing in.

I had been browsing and came up with this idea, well not my idea but taken from BG boards.

Whoops, got so caught up typing the body forgot the build.

Cleric of Mystra 3/Church Inquisitor 2/Dweomerkeeper 10/Divine Oracle 4/Contemplative 1

My question is what does this build I will show below, do? And what books are each class and relevant feat in? Also suggestions for ACFs and such are appreciated if you have the time.

Thanks on advance!

erikun
2011-07-18, 08:14 PM
Isn't there an Initiate of Mystra feat/PrC/ACF that allows you to cast inside Anti-Magic Fields?

And for that matter, why are you worried about AMFs to begin with? If the other caster is inside one, that means you will be free to smash their head in with a mace.

Avalon2099
2011-07-18, 08:21 PM
Isn't there an Initiate of Mystra feat/PrC/ACF that allows you to cast inside Anti-Magic Fields?

And for that matter, why are you worried about AMFs to begin with? If the other caster is inside one, that means you will be free to smash their head in with a mace.

I think that's where the build i posted but I'm at work on iPhone so research is limited at best, also it's not another caster thats doing the the AMF it's an item, I'd like to be able to function inside the field without destroying the item.

Avalon2099
2011-07-18, 09:29 PM

I think that's where the build i posted is supposed to be able to work but I'm at work on iPhone so research is limited at best, also it's not another caster thats doing the the AMF it's an item, I'd like to be able to function inside the field without destroying the item.

dextercorvia
2011-07-18, 09:30 PM
Initiate of Mystra is a feat that requires Cleric level 3, and Mystra as a patron, so you have that covered. It adds some spells to your list, and gives you the ability to cast inside an AMF if you can pass a Spellcraft Check. The DC is 11+CL of AMF creator, so it will take some optimization to hit that reliably.

Edit: You are going to need the spell domain to get into Dweomerkeeper.

Saintheart
2011-07-18, 09:53 PM
So I've played a wizard, and I enjoyed it now I'm looking to try out a decently high level cleric, one thats well optimized, and hopefully able to work well against other casters if needed, and AMF since it's prevalent in the game I'm playing in.

I had been browsing and came up with this idea, well not my idea but taken from BG boards.

Whoops, got so caught up typing the body forgot the build.

Cleric of Mystra 3/Church Inquisitor 2/Dweomerkeeper 10/Divine Oracle 4/Contemplative 1

My question is what does this build I will show below, do? And what books are each class and relevant feat in? Also suggestions for ACFs and such are appreciated if you have the time.

Thanks on advance!

Mystra's a Forgotten Realms goddess. Initiate of Mystra I think is in Faiths and Pantheons.
Church Inquisitor, Divine Oracle, and Contemplative are Complete Divine classes.
Dweomerkeeper is from the Faiths and Pantheons web enhancement Complete Divine web enhancement.

In terms of what it'll do, Dweomerkeeper's main attraction is that it allows you to turn spells into (Su) abilities. When you combine that with DMM abuse it means you get spells that can't be dispelled, ever. And with Mystra's "cast inside AMFs" abilities, you are the only one with (Su)s that work inside an AMF.

The Contemplative dip is to pick up an extra cleric domain, which can be horribly abused if you work it right.

Church Inquisitor levels pick up the Inquisition domain and immunity to charm.

Divine Oracle picks up another domain and has some nice divination style stuff attached to it.

So yeah. Domains out the wazoo, full casting, and eventually you wind up with (Su) abilities all on you. Combine that with the usual cleric shenanigans of persisting Divine Power and Righteous Might and you've got a CoDzilla build that also works in AMFs.

Main point is that to qualify for Dweomerkeeper you'll need the Arcane Training feat. That's in Player's Guide to Faerun. Spell domain's also a must.

dextercorvia
2011-07-18, 09:58 PM
Dweomerkeeper is from the Complete Divine WE (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20040522a).