PDA

View Full Version : Warblade/ Jitsu master help

Zarake
2011-07-19, 10:56 AM
Hey Play grounders. first time poster long time lurker and I require help with picking my stances/maneuvers and feats
The Build is Warblade 6/Iajitsu master 10 with the Half celestial template. Now I'm not looking for optimization so much as flavor.
And yes, I want to be an Iajitsu master using a Katana not a quick razor.
thanks in advance guys, and if you need more info just ask, I'm really bad at posting :P

danzibr
2011-07-19, 11:05 AM
I like your name, Zaraki.

First of all... are you going TWF or using that katana by its lonesome? And what do you want to do? For big damage people will throw Shocktrooper and the like at you. Pouncing Charge is a great maneuver.

Zarake
2011-07-19, 11:11 AM
I didn't plan on going with two weapons because of the feat tax. The original plan was to dive bomb people then use romblirs gambit/karmic strike/combat reflexes to beat them to a pulp after the first beating. All printed material for 3rd and 3.5 is aloud, and Dragon Mag is on a case by case basis.

OracleofSilence
2011-07-19, 11:21 AM
id say drop the half celestial template and grab Saint (from BoED) instead. the abilities are better, and generally more worth the LA. the flavor is even nearly identical. generally though if you intend to be a zone control style of guy, reach weapons are the way to go. not a Katana. Since Katana's are what you have your heart set on, i would say that a charging build is much better, particularly if you are not the only combatant in your party. If you are, consider getting a similarly themed (from OA) reach weapon. It will make your character a little more unique (Iajitsu with a Naginata?). just some thoughts.

Zarake
2011-07-19, 11:44 AM
I'll look into Saint but I picked half-celestial because of the Campaign theme (bouncing between the plains) though I will look at saint and run it by the DM to see if I can change it. And I'm not the only melee combatant. There is a Dragon-riding Paladin in the party who I plan to use as a meat shield.

danzibr
2011-07-19, 01:17 PM
then use romblirs gambit/karmic strike/combat reflexes
I was going to make my first Warblade around this but decided against it. As Oracle said, it'd be better with a reach weapon, but I personally just didn't have the taste for it.

Morbis Meh
2011-07-19, 01:44 PM
If you are going the robilar's gambit/karmic strike/combat reflexes might I suggest ironheart aura so you can qualify for stormguard warrior? Channel the storm and combat rhythm are amazing for this build and will allow you to utterly decimate opponents. The unfortunate side of this build is that you will not have the thicket of blades stance which will make you a AoO beast. Also with a katana go with a charger build like the board suggested.

Zarake
2011-07-19, 01:58 PM
with the change to saint I get another two warblade levels to play with, which I'll take once I get 4 of the Jitsu master.
I also have 6 feats already picked, and no levels to spare to grab Spirit Lion Totem (You suggest Charger build and I know that's part of it)

OracleofSilence
2011-07-19, 02:00 PM
spirit lion totems are great, but they are not strictly necessary. pounce can be gained via tiger claw discipline. and with warblades, that is easy to keep running.