PDA

View Full Version : Can special turning attempts be used to power [Divine] feats?

Yorae
2011-07-19, 11:39 AM
See title -- can special turning attempts (e.g., Turn Elementals, Turn Plants, Turn Dragons, Turn Lycanthropes, etc.) be used to power divine feats? I've searched around for an answer, but so far it seems like a resounding "maybe."

Siosilvar
2011-07-19, 11:45 AM
RAW:
If the turn attempts specifically state they can be used in place of Turn Undead for Divine feats etc, most assuredly.

If they don't, you have turn attempts you can use for the feats (for those that don't specifically state you need to use "turn or rebuke undead attempts"), but you don't have the "ability to turn or rebuke undead" to qualify.

Speaking for myself, though, I'd let you use them if I ever ran a game where this situation came up.

Talya
2011-07-19, 11:47 AM
Speaking for myself, though, I'd let you use them if I ever ran a game where this situation came up.

Initiate of Nature suddenly lets druids in on persist divine metacheese.

Yorae
2011-07-19, 11:50 AM
In this case, I'm looking at Turn Lycanthropes and DMM -- not really sure if it works. If not, what are the types of turning that DO specifically state that they can be spent like turn undead attempts? I think turn dragons does, but I don't recall what else...

Initiate of Nature suddenly lets druids in on persist divine metacheese.
Random thought: Is a character who takes DMM:Persist and Vow of Nudity getting in on the metacheesecake?

Yes, I know that was terrible, couldn't help myself. =\

herrhauptmann
2011-07-19, 02:04 PM
Random thought: Is a character who taked DMM:Persist and Vow of Nudity getting in on the metacheesecake?

Yes, all night long.

Personally I think most of them should qualify, DMM is really the only one where it gets cheesy. All of the other divine feats that burn turning attempts are strictly meh. So no real reason that you can't use your turn dragons for Divine Fortune or something.

Redshirt Army
2011-07-19, 02:07 PM
To power them? Yes, unless the feat specifies turn undead attempts.

However, you do need turn undead to qualify for most of those feats.

dextercorvia
2011-07-19, 03:23 PM
In this case, I'm looking at Turn Lycanthropes and DMM -- not really sure if it works. If not, what are the types of turning that DO specifically state that they can be spent like turn undead attempts? I think turn dragons does, but I don't recall what else...

Random thought: Is a character who takes DMM:Persist and Vow of Nudity getting in on the metacheesecake?

Yes, I know that was terrible, couldn't help myself. =\

It definitely doesn't work with DMM. It specifies undead. Most of the common feats do. There are a couple that specify other types.

Person_Man
2011-07-19, 04:22 PM
I'm honestly not sure about the RAW. My answer as a DM is yes if you're a Tier 3 or lower build, but no if you're a Tier 1-2 build trying to squeeze more cheese into your character.