PDA

View Full Version : Animagus (Quidditch)

ExemplarofAvg
2011-07-19, 11:43 AM
Well, it's over and done with, Harry Potter is finished, so how do my friends and I celebrate, DnD, we're all making generalist wizards and it's going to be a school based setting, and we'll learn different spells as the weeks go by, and then there's going to be the big thing at the end of the year. Now I've rolled a 6th Year Hufflepuff student (Lv 6 Neutral Good Wizard), but I wanted some extra flair, so I thought Animagus first thought, Divine Minion Template on the wizards site, now I'm hoping to keep it a LA +1 at least (bought off) and have only one animal but how to determine the animal is what's getting to me. Is there any source available? (And yes I'm going to go Badger, Dire if it fits)

Second Question not so much for me as my friends, Quidditch, we've statted out brooms with varying speeds and maneuverabilities but we're not sure how to work out the actual game, best I can figure movements per round, then disarm attempts to get the quaffle, bull-rush/overruns to knock it out of the opponents hands and then thrown weapon vs. a defensive roll (I found somewhere in a book how you can have players roll a defensive roll instead of always using the base 10 for AC) the only part I can't figure out is the Snitch and a way to determine how the quaffle is caught once dropped. If someone already has rules for quidditch, that'd be awesome.

hamishspence
2011-07-19, 12:10 PM
See this thread for large quantities of Potter-related material- as well as a link to the site used to put the constructed info, in the first poster's sig.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161166

Imbasel
2011-07-19, 12:24 PM
Tell me what you think of anything besides Quidditch too if you like.

Socratov
2011-07-19, 03:30 PM
thinking about quidditch, why not make ridechecks. You make up checks for hitting, throwing, catching, getting hit, etc. something between DC 15 through DC 35 (getting hit by a bludger), adapted to all your ride ranks (modifiers will make the difference). also trying to intercept and correctly throw the ball would be attackrolls (just like hitting bludgers).