PDA

View Full Version : Urban Druid

Ksheep
2011-07-19, 06:11 PM
So, I decided that I would play the Urban Druid from Dragon Compendium (originally in Dragon Magazine #317) in an upcoming campaign, mostly for fluff, but also for some of the nifty features that it has (bonuses to Gather Info, animated object instead of animal companion, and eventually my own spy network). Anyway, as I was rolling it up, trying to figure out how best to play him, I noticed that under weapon proficiency, it said "Crossbow (Any)". I decided that I would throw in another build I was thinking of, a diplo rogue who had quick-draw, rapid reload, and a hand crossbow, main tactic being to try to talk to whomever and if the talks went sour to quickly draw and fire for sneak attack.

My question for you is: Do you think this is a viable build? What other routes could I go with this?

I already know that I can't go the typical druid path of "Wild shape and maul everything in sight" as the Urban Druid can only turn into inanimate objects until 16th level. However, because of the urban shape ability, I'd probably make a decent spy (more rogue fluff… if I go that way).

So… thoughts?