PDA

View Full Version : Aaaahhh!!!! The Slaves Got Magic!!! OOC

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Lyndworm
2011-11-27, 04:57 PM
Oh, that's not really what I meant.
You unlocked the gate as a full round action.
Now you have to pull it back (open it) to acess the next gate, as a single move action.

so, this next turn, you spend a move action to open the gate you unlocked, a 5 foot step to reach the next gate, and starts unlocking the next gate (a standad action part of a full-round action).

by the end of the next round you finish unlocking the gate (a move action part of a full-round action) and still have a standard action left to use as you want.
:smallredface:

That makes so much more sense. I feel rather silly now, to be totally honest. In retrospect I certainly seem quite foolish; I have no idea how I took what I did from what you put out there. Sorry. I'lll be making an IC post, now, and pretending that I'm not an idiot. :smalltongue:

Beschoren
2011-11-27, 09:47 PM

That makes so much more sense. I feel rather silly now, to be totally honest. In retrospect I certainly seem quite foolish; I have no idea how I took what I did from what you put out there. Sorry. I'lll be making an IC post, now, and pretending that I'm not an idiot. :smalltongue:

auhaahha, relax :smallwink:

I've just realise something. I want to appologize because I don't have itterative attack, my Bab is only +5 and not +6. Somehow I was sure that you get itterative attack at +5 bab instead of +6. So yeah sorry. :smallredface:

no worries either :smallwink:

Beschoren
2011-11-29, 05:17 PM
crits!

sling vs acher: [roll0], damage [roll1]
sling vs acher: [roll2], damage [roll3]
Clubman vs Korin: [roll4], damage [roll5]
lucky Uidon on d%
lucky Uidon on d%
2 slaves killed by the archer. to lazy to change map.

any questions?

Duncfoo
2011-11-29, 08:28 PM
Woo! I love you Displacement. Look at that sack of crits you pulled out... That could have been rough.

Also, for my effects, am I considered an Ally?

Lyndworm
2011-11-29, 11:39 PM
Any tips on what Kanros should do before his invisibility runs out? Technically, he has several minutes remaining; however, whenever he takes an offensive action the spell will automatically end. For example, I cannot attack an enemy or cast grease in their square(s), but I can cast grease outside of their squares, cast an illusion spell (like silent or minor image), or interact with inanimate objects (so I couldn't throw a rock at an enemy, but I could push a rock off of a cliff onto said enemy).

My first instinct is to stay invisible and start singing to buff you guys, and if I cast inspirational boost (a Swift action) beforehand, every ally that can hear me gets +3 to attack and damage. Still, that only takes up one round of actions, and I can cast spells while I sing.

So, basically, it comes down to this: would you rather Kanros begins buffing everyone (including the "flying lion" and slaves), or creates some distracting illusions? Either way, the other action will probably show up the next round.

Crafty Cultist
2011-11-29, 11:45 PM
The general rule with group buffs is that the more allies you have the more effective they are. Since we have the greater numbers on our side, I think you should focus on buffing. The slaves backing us are relatively weak, so every bonus will help make them more effective.

zagan
2011-11-30, 04:58 AM
I vote for buffing too. (sadly my flying lion is dead, two hit this round and with pitiful AC and not much HP) so no flanking buddy for me and I could use boost to my to att roll because I'm rolling really low.

Duncfoo
2011-11-30, 03:41 PM
Any tips on what Kanros should do before his invisibility runs out? Technically, he has several minutes remaining; however, whenever he takes an offensive action the spell will automatically end. For example, I cannot attack an enemy or cast grease in their square(s), but I can cast grease outside of their squares, cast an illusion spell (like silent or minor image), or interact with inanimate objects (so I couldn't throw a rock at an enemy, but I could push a rock off of a cliff onto said enemy).

My first instinct is to stay invisible and start singing to buff you guys, and if I cast inspirational boost (a Swift action) beforehand, every ally that can hear me gets +3 to attack and damage. Still, that only takes up one round of actions, and I can cast spells while I sing.

So, basically, it comes down to this: would you rather Kanros begins buffing everyone (including the "flying lion" and slaves), or creates some distracting illusions? Either way, the other action will probably show up the next round.

I vote Sing + Inspirational Boost. It will help a lot of us and yourself if the whip comes out. And I will use White Raven Tactics on Kanros as well. I was hoping Kanros would have had another round or two to get through the gates before we went nuts, but honestly everything is working out fine.

Lyndworm
2011-11-30, 04:06 PM
OK, cool. Thanks for the input, guys. I'm off to post IC, now.

Beschoren
2011-12-02, 08:41 PM
I'll post slaves attacks here. I have to see if they kill someone...

slaves:
13 slingers, 72 65 bullets
11 9 spearman

*Bonus from bardic inpire corage is already under effect
shortspear charge flanking [roll0], damage [roll1]
shortspear charge [roll2], damage [roll3]
shortspear [roll4], damage [roll5]
shortspear [roll6], damage [roll7]
sling [roll8], damage [roll9]
sling [roll10], damage [roll11]
sling [roll12], damage [roll13]
sling [roll14], damage [roll15]
sling [roll16], damage [roll17]
sling [roll18], damage [roll19]
sling [roll20], damage [roll21]
sling [roll22], damage [roll23]
sling [roll24], damage [roll25]
sling [roll26], damage [roll27]
sling [roll28], damage [roll29]
sling [roll30], damage [roll31]
sling [roll32], damage [roll33]
rocks [roll34], damage [roll35]
rocks [roll36], damage [roll37]
rocks [roll38], damage [roll39]
rocks [roll40], damage [roll41]
rocks [roll42], damage [roll43]
rocks [roll44], damage [roll45]
rocks [roll46], damage [roll47]
rocks [roll48], damage [roll49]
rocks [roll50], damage [roll51]
rocks [roll52], damage [roll53]
rocks [roll54], damage [roll55]

ahem. 2 attacks hit. total damage is 8.

Duncfoo
2011-12-02, 09:10 PM
hahahahha GO Slaves!

zagan
2011-12-03, 05:51 AM
21 attacks and 2 hits. A new record !

Beschoren
2011-12-03, 06:31 PM
ouch!

archer crit vs xilef: [roll0], damage [roll1]
badass ogre overseer crit on uidon: [roll2], damage [roll3]

ouch, ouch ouch!!! how are you guys doing? The PCs have maxed HP for a reason, don't they?
don't forget we get to use action points here

Lyndworm
2011-12-03, 11:57 PM
Kanros hasn't been hit since the wake-up-whipping, so he's doing pretty well.

I've only just recently realized that Uidon used White Raven Tactics to give Kanros another turn. Should I just take two turns in my next post?

Duncfoo
2011-12-04, 01:25 AM
I think we were doing it that you got an immeadate turn, as it moves your init order to right after Uidon. Sorry for not posting anothet warning for you Lyndworm.

zagan
2011-12-04, 07:12 AM
Currently at 28hp, that last crit was brutal. I'm currently looking at my option with action point to heal, to gain DR or something.

On that subject I have a question, if I emulate a feat, it last one round, but what if the feat in question allow me to gain a benefit that last one minute.
At the moment I'm specifically thinking of devotion feat. For example I emulate healing devotion and activate it I gain fast healing 2 for 1 minute but the next round I would lose healing devotion but the effect is already in place would it persist for the full duration or not ?

Crafty Cultist
2011-12-04, 02:18 PM
Could I edit my post to cast a swift action spell as well

Sorry about leaving Xilef to fend for herself, but I didn't realise how much damage she had taken.

zagan
2011-12-04, 02:24 PM
Sorry about leaving Xilef to fend for herself, but I didn't realise how much damage she had taken.

It's alright, it was just a lucky crit and soon hopefully the slave will join me.

Duncfoo
2011-12-04, 03:28 PM
Yep, one bad ass crit on me as well. A double crit in fact! Beschoren quit loading your DM dice. :smalltongue:

Uidon = 31 / 82 hp

Crafty - I think it was established that you can edit your turn as needed (Except re rolls! rats) between Beschoren's DM turn. Since we are all acting on the same turn.

Duncfoo
2011-12-04, 04:01 PM
Action Dice, Attack Re Roll: [roll0], Damage [roll1]

Beschoren
2011-12-05, 08:11 PM
Kanros hasn't been hit since the wake-up-whipping, so he's doing pretty well.

I've only just recently realized that Uidon used White Raven Tactics to give Kanros another turn. Should I just take two turns in my next post?

hum, since you started singing I considered the extra turn would be used to finish the song, so the slave could already take the +3 bonus and on this "current" turn you are free to act as you please AND the song is already on (bardic music enters in effect at the start of your next turn, just like a summoned creature)

On that subject I have a question, if I emulate a feat, it last one round, but what if the feat in question allow me to gain a benefit that last one minute.
At the moment I'm specifically thinking of devotion feat. For example I emulate healing devotion and activate it I gain fast healing 2 for 1 minute but the next round I would lose healing devotion but the effect is already in place would it persist for the full duration or not ?

They would persist for the whole duration of the buff

Could I edit my post to cast a swift action spell as well

Of course, change your actions as you wish - including teleporting somewere else. team communication is important in big fights

DON'T FORGET KANRO'S SONG IS ON. +3 MORALE BONUS ON ATTACKS AND DAMAGE just a reminder:smallwink:

Lyndworm
2011-12-05, 11:07 PM
hum, since you started singing I considered the extra turn would be used to finish the song, so the slave could already take the +3 bonus and on this "current" turn you are free to act as you please AND the song is already on (bardic music enters in effect at the start of your next turn, just like a summoned creature)
Is that a houserule? I'm cool playing it that way, but I'm fairly sure that Inspire Courage is a single Standard action to activate, and that it requires no additional action cost to keep it going.

zagan
2011-12-06, 05:46 AM
They would persist for the whole duration of the buff

Great I'll do that then; My other option was martial study (crusader strike) but it's a tradeoff betwen average 6.5 hp in one round or 20hp in ten round. For now I'll go with 20hp, if it become even worse then I'll use another action point.

zagan
2011-12-06, 03:32 PM
Reeolling rending damage in case it's need:

[roll0] does not include inspire courage bonus, not sure it apply

Duncfoo
2011-12-06, 05:28 PM
To support Lyndworm, srd has all Bardic Music effects as standard actions, unless otherwise specified.

Beschoren
2011-12-06, 07:17 PM
To support Lyndworm, srd has all Bardic Music effects as standard actions, unless otherwise specified.

damm!

I must have been using 3.0 rules on that then <o>

Go ahead and post 2 turns worth of actions!

Crafty Cultist
2011-12-07, 03:44 AM
Just a heads up guys, my internet connection will be out until Friday.. hope thatdoesnt cause to much trouble.

Duncfoo
2011-12-08, 07:00 PM
Random reminder that I just remembered. Seanon has a 20' Sphere sculpted Magic Circle Against Evil still going.

Beschoren
2011-12-10, 06:54 PM
more slaves missing attacks here..

slave spear vs archer: [roll0], damage [roll1]
slave spear vs archer: [roll2], damage [roll3]
slave spear vs archer: [roll4], damage [roll5]
slave spear vs archer: [roll6], damage [roll7]
slave spear vs swordsman: [roll8], damage [roll9]
slave spear vs spearman: [roll10], damage [roll11]
rocks vs archer: [roll12], damage [roll13]
rocks vs archer: [roll14], damage [roll15]
rocks vs archer: [roll16], damage [roll17]
rocks vs archer: [roll18], damage [roll19]
rocks vs archer: [roll20], damage [roll21]
rocks vs archer: [roll22], damage [roll23]
rocks vs archer: [roll24], damage [roll25]
rocks vs archer: [roll26], damage [roll27]
rocks vs archer: [roll28], damage [roll29]
rocks vs archer: [roll30], damage [roll31]
rocks vs archer: [roll32], damage [roll33]
sling vs archer: [roll34], damage [roll35]
sling vs archer: [roll36], damage [roll37]
sling vs archer: [roll38], damage [roll39]
sling vs archer: [roll40], damage [roll41]
sling vs archer: [roll42], damage [roll43]
sling vs archer: [roll44], damage [roll45]
sling vs archer: [roll46], damage [roll47]
sling vs archer: [roll48], damage [roll49]
sling vs archer: [roll50], damage [roll51]
sling vs archer: [roll52], damage [roll53]
sling vs archer: [roll54], damage [roll55]

Beschoren
2011-12-10, 06:57 PM
1 crit on sling
sling vs archer: [roll0], damage [roll1]

Slaves AoOs
slave spear vs archer: [roll2], damage [roll3]
slave spear vs archer: [roll4], damage [roll5]
slave spear vs archer: [roll6], damage [roll7]

Beschoren
2011-12-11, 06:12 PM
yay, massive damage!

Remember we're using the alternative rules to determine the threshold (your con score + 2x you HD). 55 damage is way above it for that particular ogre
fort save VS death, DC 15: [roll0]

Xilef hits the archer but he dosen't die right away.
Also, i belive she was hit by another arrow...

zagan
2011-12-13, 02:10 AM
Also, i belive she was hit by another arrow...

I always miss the second attack when they are on the same line, I'll corrected that.

Beschoren
2011-12-13, 09:28 PM
PMed vollmond for good measure. (He's away and stuff)

Uidon hits the blind ogre

DM note: using the class-defense AC bonus system, using it as a dex bonus, made me see how low AC gets if you're flat-footed. That's ok, however, since it can go both ways (PCs can get hurt on this) AND it really is much more easy to hit something that can't defend itself.

Overall: blindness, surprise, and flat-footedness is much more effective on our game than in regular d&d games.

zagan
2011-12-14, 02:48 AM
I need to ask a question, are retraining rule in effect in this game ?

I'm asking because when creating Xilef, I choose to not take the razorclaw elite feat (pounce but only with my claw) because I'll get pounce (the real deal) at weretouched master 3 but after only fighting in three encounter so far I realise that making two attack instead of one at the end of a charge would still be great. And because fighting without pounce for two whole level might get painful fast.

So yeah my (real question) is can I switch shifter ferocity (unused so far) for razorclaw elite (RoE p114) and then when I get pounce retrain it back ?

Crafty Cultist
2011-12-14, 03:03 AM
Aren't we able to count as having a feat for a round by using an action point? If you can't retrain, that could serve as a place holder ability

zagan
2011-12-14, 04:50 PM
Aren't we able to count as having a feat for a round by using an action point? If you can't retrain, that could serve as a place holder ability

Yeah, but action point are costly I would prefer to keep them for really important thing. Still you're right it could be use as a place holder.

Beschoren
2011-12-15, 07:39 PM
I need to ask a question, are retraining rule in effect in this game ?

I'm asking because when creating Xilef, I choose to not take the razorclaw elite feat (pounce but only with my claw) because I'll get pounce (the real deal) at weretouched master 3 but after only fighting in three encounter so far I realise that making two attack instead of one at the end of a charge would still be great. And because fighting without pounce for two whole level might get painful fast.

So yeah my (real question) is can I switch shifter ferocity (unused so far) for razorclaw elite (RoE p114) and then when I get pounce retrain it back ?

yes, you may change the feat after this combat ends. Nearly all PCs need s slight re-make after the initial combats

zagan
2011-12-16, 05:52 PM
yes, you may change the feat after this combat ends. Nearly all PCs need s slight re-make after the initial combats

Great thanks.

Beschoren
2011-12-18, 08:12 PM
a few rolls

archer ref save VS grease when he uses bow, DC 15 [roll0]
spearman will save to recognize serpentne ilusion [roll1]
sowrdsman will save to recognize serpentne ilusion [roll2]

sling vs archer [roll3], damage [roll4]
sling vs archer [roll5], damage [roll6]
sling vs archer [roll7], damage [roll8]
sling vs archer [roll9], damage [roll10]
sling vs archer [roll11], damage [roll12]
sling vs archer [roll13], damage [roll14]
sling vs archer [roll15], damage [roll16]
sling vs archer [roll17], damage [roll18]
sling vs archer [roll19], damage [roll20]
sling vs archer [roll21], damage [roll22]
sling vs archer [roll23], damage [roll24]
spear vs archer [roll25], damage [roll26]
spear vs slinger [roll27], damage [roll28]
bull rush VS archer: [roll29], str [roll30] vs [roll31]
bull rush VS archer: [roll32], str [roll33] vs [roll34]

edit: map was a bit overpolluted, so i removed some slaves (slingers)

Lyndworm
2011-12-18, 11:42 PM
The Ogre overseer, however, is just about to get started in his battle. The vicous wounds makes his blood sprays all arround, fueling him to a great fury and rage he exerts by bashing Kanros with great force and very quickly. His blinded eyes are almost in flames, red in rage as they are.
Emphasis mine.

I think you mean Korin, the warrior-mage, not Kanros, the sneaky bard.

zagan
2011-12-19, 03:03 AM
Aoo:
Att: [roll0] (+5 bab, +7 Str (base, bull, shift), +1 GMF, -1 dazzled, +3 IC, +2 charge) (not sure if the charging bonus apply)
Dmg: [roll1] (+7 str (base, bull, shift), +1/4HD, +1 GMF, +1 enh shift, +3 IC)

Tell me the result so I can act accordingly IC.

If I miss I'll find myself at -2, I'll still be able to act because of shifter ferocity but any help would be appreciate.

EDIT/ Crtical miss.:smallfurious: I got a ****ing +17 modifier and I manage to roll a 1.
I really need help now. posting IC later.

Beschoren
2011-12-19, 07:49 AM
Emphasis mine.

ah, sorry, I allways type it wrong.

crafty's Korin got hit by the ogre

zangan: ah, it happens

crafty: I belive you can only use 1 action point per battle

Crafty Cultist
2011-12-19, 12:19 PM
crafty's Korin got hit by the ogre

I'll edit my post then.

Duncfoo
2011-12-19, 03:46 PM
Aoo:
Att: [roll0] (+5 bab, +7 Str (base, bull, shift), +1 GMF, -1 dazzled, +3 IC, +2 charge) (not sure if the charging bonus apply)
Dmg: [roll1] (+7 str (base, bull, shift), +1/4HD, +1 GMF, +1 enh shift, +3 IC)

Tell me the result so I can act accordingly IC.

If I miss I'll find myself at -2, I'll still be able to act because of shifter ferocity but any help would be appreciate.

EDIT/ Crtical miss.:smallfurious: I got a ****ing +17 modifier and I manage to roll a 1.
I really need help now. posting IC later.

I am not sure how I could help. Distance healing is lacking in 3.5...

Maybe have Seanon glitterdust one of the remaining archers?

Edit: Sooo, maybe charge that archer with the -27 HP and, yell at the slaves that are still climbing up to engage the other two? You could also drop shifting to heal 7hp right... What kind of action is that? Seanon can either Wrack / Glitterdust one of the remaining archers. I am not sure what Dietific Vegenance does though...

Also, Kanros, did you pick up a bow? If you could sneak attack that beat up archer maybe he would die? I guess we are just deep in this boiling water now, but we aren't cooked yet.

Those are my only ideas so far. =(

zagan
2011-12-19, 04:39 PM
zangan: ah, it happens

Yeah, I know it just the worst possible timing. In the middle of a full attack I would barelly care but on the Aoo that can save my life it's just...

Normally it's once per round. Please don't change it I will probably need another one this round.

I am not sure how I could help. Distance healing is lacking in 3.5...

Maybe have Seanon glitterdust one of the remaining archers?

Not sure.

Edit: Sooo, maybe charge that archer with the -27 HP and, yell at the slaves that are still climbing up to engage the other two? You could also drop shifting to heal 7hp right... What kind of action is that? Seanon can either Wrack / Glitterdust one of the remaining archers. I am not sure what Dietific Vegenance does though...

Dropping shifting is a free action but I don't want to do that because I used the spell enhance shifting to boost it even further and it will end at the same time as the shifting.

Also, Kanros, did you pick up a bow? If you could sneak attack that beat up archer maybe he would die? I guess we are just deep in this boiling water now, but we aren't cooked yet.

Those are my only ideas so far. =(

Thanks for the support anyway.

My current idea is moving toward the archer that I missed this round and emulate martial study (crusader strike) to regain a little health and hoppefully kill it. I'll do that IC and I'll change it if need later.

EDIT: NATURAL 1 AGAIN !!! Murphy what have I done to you ?
Damnit I love that character, it's the third time I try playing her and I'll die in the first serious battle ? Come on !

(don't take it personally bescoren I know it's not your fault and I wouldn't want you to pull your punch, I'm just raging against my luck.)

In that case I'll change my action slighty and at the end of my round after missing my attack I'll end my shifting to heal a little.

Beschoren
2011-12-19, 06:22 PM
Normally it's once per round. Please don't change it I will probably need another one this round.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/adventuring/actionPoints.htm

you're right, i'ts once per round. sorry for that crafty :smallbiggrin:

also, how many arrowshots did Xilef took?

zagan
2011-12-20, 02:10 AM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/adventuring/actionPoints.htm

you're right, i'ts once per round. sorry for that crafty :smallbiggrin:

also, how many arrowshots did Xilef took?

2 this round, in total 6 If I count right. Including one crit.

Lyndworm
2011-12-21, 02:34 AM
Kanros did not pick up a longbow, as he's not proficient with them. He did, however, pick up a sling. Do you think attacking (+7 to hit, guaranteed flat-footed/sneak attack due to invisibility) is worth losing invisibility and (in three rounds) the serpent illusion? Once Kanros attacks he become visible, and the illusion only lasts for three rounds after he stops concentrating.

zagan
2011-12-22, 05:47 AM
In my totally unbiased opinion, you should totally do it. :smallwink:

Lyndworm
2011-12-22, 01:55 PM
Fair enough. Unfortunately, I have some bad news regarding the archer. It seems that Kanros is well over 50ft away from him, which means two things: the first is that he'll be taking a net -3 to attack leaving him with only a +4 to-hit, and the second is that Sneak Attack only works within 30ft. So the archer will take between 1 and 4 damage (total) if Kanros even manages to hit.

That's not even considering the logistical impossibility of how Kanros can even see the archer over the cliff.

Other options are to continue focusing on the illusion (probably unnecessary), distract the archer with magic (exact effect depends on Beschoren, and you still have the LoS problem), attack the overseer (killing him may prompt the other guards to flee), or attempt to climb onto the cliffs so that Kanros can help next round.

Personally, I'm leaning towards attacking the ogre. However, this directly effects Xilefs chances of survival (if the situation is indeed as dire as I believe it to be), so I'll ask here before potentially dooming her. What do you think, Zagan?

zagan
2011-12-23, 05:57 AM
For 1-4 damage it's not worth it. I doubt he is that close to death.
I would vote for Kanros to climb the cliff and help next round, if Xilef die someone need to deal with those archer anyway.
Plus I'll get another Aoo this round hopefully killing the archer this time, it mean only one archer can fire at me, the one in N2 and I can in theory survive one more arrow unless it crit again but not much choice there.

EDIT:
:smallredface: Hum, yeah, so upon looking again at my latest IC post. I realised that I rolled a d6 instead of a d20 for my attack roll. So yeah sorry. I feel really bad particularly after my tearfull post from earlier, sorry again.:smallredface:
I'll let beshoren be the judge on what should be done.
I'll roll a d20 here just in case:
[roll0]

*go hide in a corner*

Duncfoo
2011-12-23, 04:10 PM
hahahahahaha

Well maybe all this planning is for naught? Lets continue to slaughter these slavers.

zagan
2011-12-25, 09:42 AM
Yeah, sorry again. I will remove my edit if beshoren allow me this new roll.

Anyway, that's not why I post. Happy Christmas to you all !!!

Beschoren
2011-12-25, 08:00 PM
EDIT:
:smallredface: Hum, yeah, so upon looking again at my latest IC post. I realised that I rolled a d6 instead of a d20 for my attack roll. So yeah sorry. I feel really bad particularly after my tearfull post from earlier, sorry again.:smallredface:
I'll let beshoren be the judge on what should be done.
I'll roll a d20 here just in case:
[roll0]

*go hide in a corner*

Ultra-High-Angle Reversed Facepalm :smallsigh:

uahauhaha in the end it was funny. you Christmas gift form the playground!

of course, valid attack, and heals from the crusader's strike. do you still end your shifting?
-----------------------------------------
edit: well, the encoutner is over! - the ogre defeated and the slavers routing. That last archer failed to kill xilef and I don't think we need any more rolls to seal his fate.

Zangan may discribe his attack however he wants to (no need to make any rolls) describing the archer's death, wounds or whatever. If you wish for the archer to survive the attack and offer mercy, it is up to you.

zagan
2011-12-26, 06:02 AM
Ultra-High-Angle Reversed Facepalm :smallsigh:

uahauhaha in the end it was funny. you Christmas gift form the playground!

of course, valid attack, and heals from the crusader's strike. do you still end your shifting?

Yeah, with the damage I've taken it's need.

edit: well, the encoutner is over! - the ogre defeated and the slavers routing. That last archer failed to kill xilef and I don't think we need any more rolls to seal his fate.

Zangan may discribe his attack however he wants to (no need to make any rolls) describing the archer's death, wounds or whatever. If you wish for the archer to survive the attack and offer mercy, it is up to you.

That was way too close for confort, but still an amazing encounter despite my embarassing fail. Good job Beshoren.
Posting IC soon.

Beschoren
2011-12-26, 08:18 PM
quick reminder: one slaver is runing away, and you still found no sign of the quarry manager. if you are to gather those who surrendered, I supose you do this before exploring further. also, there might be bleeding survivors among the fallen slaves and guards.

this is the rest of the camp, as you can recall from memory

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-yL-I5n_2XW0/TvkcKslYnGI/AAAAAAAAHtA/ezQpWZh6sYk/s1024/Captura%252520de%252520tela%252520inteira%25252026 122011%252520231416.jpg

Crafty Cultist
2011-12-26, 09:31 PM
I think we should have a few of us secure the gate to make sure no slavers escape, have a couple stay here to look after our followers, and have a few go out searching for anyone still hiding somewhere around here.

Once we have secured the gate, we should move our forces over there to reduce the number of locations that need protecting.

Lyndworm
2011-12-27, 05:18 PM
Hey, sorry I've been gone. Christmas was super crazy for me, then I skipped the 26th. I'm back now, though. How were your holidays?

Crafty Cultist
2011-12-29, 05:53 PM
Just a heads up guys, I'm going out of town for a few days over the new year period. I wont have internet access, so feel free to take control of my characters if it's holding up the game.

I should be back by monday.

Beschoren
2011-12-30, 10:59 AM
well, we arrive at the first crucial point in our adventure: what will you do?

I'm keeping stuff pretty open for you to chose stuff freely. If I feel the adventure come's to a halt (considering the next quest) I'll push you forward somehow.

hope vollmond returns soon. Otherwise I'll play seanon for a while, likely suggesting new courses of action.

EDIT: there were no other guards hiding in the camp

zagan
2011-12-30, 12:47 PM
From a strategic point of view I'm not sure it's a good thing that so many slave survived, it will be hard to deal with them all.

I think our first goal should be to get away from the mine because otherwise we'll get attack real soon by reinforcement that Jacor is going to bring, seeing the map we're something like half a day from the closest town this mean that they could in theory be back as soon as tonight.

On that point beshoren we're still early in the morning no ?

Where could we go ? Sud-West in the forest (well it's probably a forest) or north in the mountain. Personally I prefer the forest, easier to find food.

Duncfoo
2011-12-30, 06:59 PM
Yep I am excited to see how we move forward from here. I like how bleak you made things Beschoren. Even the slavers are in dire straits.

From a strategic point of view I'm not sure it's a good thing that so many slave survived, it will be hard to deal with them all.

I think our first goal should be to get away from the mine because otherwise we'll get attack real soon by reinforcement that Jacor is going to bring, seeing the map we're something like half a day from the closest town this mean that they could in theory be back as soon as tonight.

On that point beshoren we're still early in the morning no ?

Where could we go ? Sud-West in the forest (well it's probably a forest) or north in the mountain. Personally I prefer the forest, easier to find food.

We have the burden of freedom now. You are totally correct, we should get away from the camp. I was hoping to not have to flee it so quickly but... no other choice remains. Defending the camp doesn't seem like a great option as which ever forces come from the cities will likely overwhelm us, or have some people run off for even more troops. We will slowly be worn down even if we win.

I say we strategically re-position ourselves into the woods with the goal of re arming and refitting for a few days before we try and take one of the other nearby quarries. If we decided we want to we can get a simple camp established in the woods and use our super powers to go do a night raid on Isc E, Lsc N or Qsc W.

Beschoren
2011-12-30, 08:37 PM
the "dirty, poor, violent and hopeless and rather cold scenario" is mainly based ont his movie here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjT_yIoJcZQ&feature=related . i see the low magic much as that as well.

the new movie on Conan the barbarian also captures it, specially on the slave colony scene. The main difference is that absolutelty the entire game world is just like that.

looks and magic level also reminds me of the old odyseey movie. Magic is there, but it's far beyond a communer's life experiance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOYPBCYFOKA

Lyndworm
2011-12-30, 08:50 PM
~brilliance~
Wow! You've mirrored just about every comment I planned to make, including the plans for the future. I feel sort of invalidated. :smalltongue: So long as I've got you reading this, by the way, how do you pronounce "Uidon?" I've been wondering for a while, but keep forgetting to ask you.

I'm going to post IC, now, maybe start actually developing Kanros' character a little. He's not much for big speeches or bold moves, and he hates telling people what to do, so he hasn't had much room in the spotlight yet. Now that things are slower, I'm hoping he can be more visible as a quiet voice guiding the others towards (what he considers) sensible decisions. How about... five paragraphs of speech?

Hey, Beschoren? Do you mind if I ask what the abbreviations on that last map stand for? It doesn't really matter, I suppose, but I'm really quite curious, and I think it would help me visualize the map better in my head.

Beschoren
2011-12-30, 10:04 PM
Hey, Beschoren? Do you mind if I ask what the abbreviations on that last map stand for? It doesn't really matter, I suppose, but I'm really quite curious, and I think it would help me visualize the map better in my head.

No.

:smallbiggrin:

The map is old, crude, dirty and was not crafted by a skille cartographer. It might be just upside down as welll, since it lacks a wind rose. What I mean is that just the abreviations are wirten in the map, giving no other clues or meanings. Guessing is your best tool to divine the actual location there pinpointed.

you know there is a small town a more mining camps like yours in the nearby region. fell free to make geography, survival, or even gather information checks to help you out.

Crafty Cultist
2012-01-01, 10:47 PM
I'm back guys.

I agree with fleeing the quarry, though it might be good to have one of the stealthier members of our group wait for the reinforcements in order to cause a rockslide or something.

I was planning to try to teach some of the slaves how to fight and maybe use some magic.

Lyndworm
2012-01-02, 12:56 AM
Welcome back! I trust you had an enjoyable excursion?

As for leaving behind party members, I don't think that it's a very good idea. I'm not sure we can spare anyone if we're attacked on our way to Lsc N (we have no idea what the world's really like beyond stories and rumors passed down by ancestors and guards; the trip could be filled with marauders and/or wandering monsters). Beyond that, anyone we leave behind will have to make that same trip, but alone and with no map to guide them (even if it is a map of questionable quality). Finally, splitting the party makes for really awkward gameplay, if an excellent story.

I'm not really sure how you'd go about training the other slaves... It's mechanically impossible to do, actually. I suppose a lot of practice might turn their Commoner levels into Expert or Warrior levels (because there's no way they'd gain enough experience to actually gain a new level), but that's really up to Beschoren, and might seriously mess up the game balance. As far as learning magic is concerned, I don't even think it's possible in this game world, at least not with the extraordinarily limited amount of time and energy available to put into it.

Beschoren
2012-01-02, 08:26 AM
(we have no idea what the world's really like beyond stories and rumors passed down by ancestors and guards; the trip could be filled with marauders and/or wandering monsters).

Finally, splitting the party makes for really awkward gameplay, if an excellent story.

Good point

I'm not really sure how you'd go about training the other slaves... It's mechanically impossible to do, actually. I suppose a lot of practice might turn their Commoner levels into Expert or Warrior levels (because there's no way they'd gain enough experience to actually gain a new level), but that's really up to Beschoren, and might seriously mess up the game balance. As far as learning magic is concerned, I don't even think it's possible in this game world, at least not with the extraordinarily limited amount of time and energy available to put into it.

Train the slaves or other kind of followers you have will be possible. I'll look into rules/suggestions for this kind of thing, but don't expect to have fighters in a single afternoon.

teaching magic, however, is way too crazy. Even you barely understand it enought to use it, much less teach it to illiterate companions.

--------------------------
as far as I can tell, you're heading into the woods for the red dot as soon as possible, right?
will you ask the slaves to follow you?
will you share resources with those who does not wish to?

Crafty Cultist
2012-01-02, 11:35 AM
I think we should announce straight off our intentions to fight the slavers and let them choose whether to join us or go their own way.

I think we should spare a meal each and maybe a couple of blankets for those that leave.

zagan
2012-01-02, 01:11 PM
as far as I can tell, you're heading into the woods for the red dot as soon as possible, right?

I think we're heading for the wood, but not specifically the red dot. If we pass close by we may go see what it is, but heading directly for it without knowing would be foolish.

Yes.

No, they don't want to follow the chosen one ? They can go back to being slave.

I think we should announce straight off our intentions to fight the slavers and let them choose whether to join us or go their own way.

Excellent point !

I think we should spare a meal each and maybe a couple of blankets for those that leave.

I must vote against that, we don't have the ressource to share.

Duncfoo
2012-01-02, 07:29 PM
I will post in the IC post later today and also update this with a longer post later. (Busy work day, post HAPPY NEW YEARS GUYS makes for one brain dead duncfoo... I always go all out on NYE and hurt afterwards...)
----------------------------
Plan

So we know our general idea: Head for the woods as its a good place to hide / refit / retrain / Prepare for freedom.

I agree with Crafty and Zagan. I say we offer the choice, but don't offer food / shelter. If their choose to be slaves their masters should be here in a few days. I don't think that voilates a good alignment in this situation. They are being offered a fair choice about how they want to live.

We also CAN'T let any slavers / slaves who we are leaving behind know of our plan. I say we lock them in the caves with the slavers, in seperate pens and after Uidon interogates the slavers about the map / world. Our best bet is to get on the way ASAP and try to best disguise our trail. Is there any spells that Xilef would have to help a group hide its tracks?

We should only tell the slaves the full plan after we seperate those that are not willing to join. Think of this, those 5 that left will be our decoys. We tell the slaves we leave behind that we are splitting up, 5 of us heading in which ever direction those guys were. :smallbiggrin:

At least that is my .02 centines? What do you guys think is missing / wrong from this brainstorm?

Future Tactics

There is a ridicilous Armor Enhancement called "Vanishing" (MiC pg 15.) that I can use on a few people to make us better than invisible. Raiding Party is a go!

Character Conversation

I really like the idea of playing off Korin's Positive Mythic Warrior. I think its going to be a fun dynamic as we lead these slaves forward. Uidon will be the grumpy one taciturn one... Which is fun for me. I play too many happy go lucky characters (as that is my normal personality moment).

I do see that Korin has craft Armor and Weapons as two seperate skills. I took craft (Metal Working) as a catch all for black smithing... I guess I want to see if we are duplicating skills too much? What are your thoughts on this Crafty and Zagan? Is my skill to generic?... I have it backed up with all the magical crafting feats.

The only skill I feel that Uidon is missing is Knowledge (Tactics) or something to that effect...

Woo, long post. I broke it up some.

[/spoiler]

Crafty Cultist
2012-01-02, 07:51 PM
Duncfoo I think your being a little harsh on the slaves. Korin would certainly not lock them back up. Those that choose not to join us will be given a club for protection and left to fend for themselves, but not re-imprisoned. I doubt any of them want to return to slavery, we're just offering them a choice of come with us and fight the slavers or go their own way and try to escape the country. Korin doesn't have a with us or against us mentality, he just wants to make sure that those following him are committed to the fight.

As long as we keep our plans between the chosen until we seperate, any information they could impart to the slavers would be basic stuff like "They went that way", or "they plan to fight against the slavers".

As for future tactics, I think the forest would make the best place to base ourselves. Plenty of cover and building materials. I agree that raiding their supply roads would be a good way to gain resources, but I think we should focus on the shipments heading away from the camps. If we cut off their inbound supplies, things will get bad fast, and the slaves there will be the first to suffer.

While our DM has stated that our followers can't learn magic, Korin will still try to teach them. Even if they cannot draw on the spirits of the Fal, his teaching could provide them with a sense of spiritual comfort, and help unify the group.

Lyndworm
2012-01-03, 01:36 AM
I think we're heading for the wood, but not specifically the red dot. If we pass close by we may go see what it is, but heading directly for it without knowing would be foolish.
I concur.

I concur.

Duncfoo I think your being a little harsh on the slaves. Korin would certainly not lock them back up. Those that choose not to join us will be given a club for protection and left to fend for themselves, but not re-imprisoned. I doubt any of them want to return to slavery, we're just offering them a choice of come with us and fight the slavers or go their own way and try to escape the country. Korin doesn't have a with us or against us mentality, he just wants to make sure that those following him are committed to the fight.
I concur.

So we know our general idea: Head for the woods as its a good place to hide / refit / retrain / Prepare for freedom.
As for future tactics, I think the forest would make the best place to base ourselves. Plenty of cover and building materials. I agree that raiding their supply roads would be a good way to gain resources, but I think we should focus on the shipments heading away from the camps. If we cut off their inbound supplies, things will get bad fast, and the slaves there will be the first to suffer.
I concur.

We also CAN'T let any slavers / slaves who we are leaving behind know of our plan...

We should only tell the slaves the full plan after we seperate those that are not willing to join...
As long as we keep our plans between the chosen until we seperate, any information they could impart to the slavers would be basic stuff like "They went that way", or "they plan to fight against the slavers".
I concur.

I really like the idea of playing off Kanros' Positive Mythic Warrior. I think its going to be a fun dynamic as we lead these slaves forward. Uidon will be the grumpy one taciturn one... Which is fun for me. I play too many happy go lucky characters (as that is my normal personality moment).
Emphasis mine.

I do see that Korin has craft Armor and Weapons as two seperate skills. I took craft (Metal Working) as a catch all for black smithing... I guess I want to see if we are duplicating skills too much? What are your thoughts on this Crafty and Zagan? Is my skill to generic?... I have it backed up with all the magical crafting feats.
The Craft skill is really weird in that there are many different subskills, but they're never really defined. However, the SRD lists Craft: Armorsmithing and Craft: Weaponsmithing as two separate skills. I'm pretty sure that generic blacksmithing is better represented by Profession than Craft.

Beschoren
2012-01-03, 05:45 AM

I concur. meh, this will happen several times

The Craft skill is really weird in that there are many different subskills, but they're never really defined. However, the SRD lists Craft: Armorsmithing and Craft: Weaponsmithing as two separate skills. I'm pretty sure that generic blacksmithing is better represented by Profession than Craft.

I concur.

I'll have IC updated tonight - the slaves will reply to your "call". food sharing will be an issue! muhahahahaha!

zagan
2012-01-03, 08:31 AM

I agree with Crafty and Zagan. I say we offer the choice, but don't offer food / shelter. If their choose to be slaves their masters should be here in a few days. I don't think that voilates a good alignment in this situation. They are being offered a fair choice about how they want to live.

We also CAN'T let any slavers / slaves who we are leaving behind know of our plan. I say we lock them in the caves with the slavers, in seperate pens and after Uidon interogates the slavers about the map / world. Our best bet is to get on the way ASAP and try to best disguise our trail. Is there any spells that Xilef would have to help a group hide its tracks?

We should only tell the slaves the full plan after we seperate those that are not willing to join. Think of this, those 5 that left will be our decoys. We tell the slaves we leave behind that we are splitting up, 5 of us heading in which ever direction those guys were. :smallbiggrin:

At least that is my .02 centines? What do you guys think is missing / wrong from this brainstorm?

I agree full with that apart from locking them up, I will post IC to say so to the group.
Also I like the dreamer term you've coined for us.

Future Tactics
There is a ridicilous Armor Enhancement called "Vanishing" (MiC pg 15.) that I can use on a few people to make us better than invisible. Raiding Party is a go!

zagan like that.

Craft (metal) is separate in three skills, weaponsmithing for weapon, armorsmithing for armor and blacksmithing for the rest (pot, horseshoe, spoon...)

The only skill I feel that Uidon is missing is Knowledge (Tactics) or something to that effect...

There's a Knowledge (war) skill in some obscur sourcebook i think but I can't find it.

Giving them a weapon each is fine, but nothing more.

While our DM has stated that our followers can't learn magic, Korin will still try to teach them. Even if they cannot draw on the spirits of the Fal, his teaching could provide them with a sense of spiritual comfort, and help unify the group.

Excellent idea for the moral. :smallsmile:

Beschoren
2012-01-03, 10:12 PM
OOC: I'm taking the Axe. It will be my new best friend.

I'm looking for new avatars for you new wepons. anyone who wants to chage theyr avatars might start looking here: http://units.wesnoth.org/1.6/C/era_extended_eom_36.0.0.0.html

http://units.wesnoth.org/1.8/pics/00097_halberdier.png
http://units.wesnoth.org/1.6/pics/00767_mixed-fighter2.png
http://units.wesnoth.org/1.6/pics/00844_massif.png
http://units.wesnoth.org/1.6/pics/00843_bladesman.png
http://units.wesnoth.org/1.6/pics/02127_southorc.png

there are many coller swordsman Uidon might be. I just picked an unarmored one for the first fight
http://units.wesnoth.org/1.6/pics/01252_heretic.png
http://units.wesnoth.org/1.6/pics/00510_noble.png

Crafty Cultist
2012-01-03, 10:39 PM
I like the bottom one of those three axemen.

Duncfoo
2012-01-04, 11:52 PM
Wow that is a huge list of sprites. I am unsure what to change Uidon too. Bald, shield and long sword, light chain armor will be the norm for him for a long time.

I will figure out what to do with my crafting skill when we get a little farther down the road.

zagan
2012-01-05, 07:52 AM
Xilef didn't change weapon but I was curious and looking at the list I've found the outlaw queen (http://units.wesnoth.org/1.6/C/EE%20Outlaw%20Queen.html) and it's nearly perfect for the Xilef. Just need to remove the staff (well the edge on the side and on the shadow) can you do it or do you need me to do so ?

Lyndworm
2012-01-05, 09:58 AM
I'm cool with what you're using for Kanros, if it matters. I'm not particularly attached to it, but I've already started associating the two.

Does anyone mind if Kanros takes one of the chainshirts? I don't mind putting leather on him, but I thought it best to check with the more frontline-types before giving him the better armor.

Duncfoo
2012-01-05, 01:06 PM
please do. stay alive! i need to take one of the real long swords because after an hour mine is turning back into a rock!

although i will keep this rock. my pet freedom rock. =)

Crafty Cultist
2012-01-05, 02:39 PM
Korin will be using his mystic armour until he gets a chance to make his own, so go ahead.

Beschoren
2012-01-05, 05:41 PM
Xilef didn't change weapon but I was curious and looking at the list I've found the outlaw queen (http://units.wesnoth.org/1.6/C/EE%20Outlaw%20Queen.html) and it's nearly perfect for the Xilef. Just need to remove the staff (well the edge on the side and on the shadow) can you do it or do you need me to do so ?

actually I think you're better at modifing strites then I am. Go ahead!

well, world building:
The moutains north of you look imponent, like this

http://i1.trekearth.com/photos/74966/1cercastushugxz.jpg
http://www.ratestogo.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/ush1.jpg
http://blog.interpoint.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/1372009_093758_ushuaia-arg106.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_noykHZVDRVM/SnuiB_Q8FPI/AAAAAAAAAFc/EKNFroaQEO4/s400/Horses+and+Andes+Mountains.jpg
(there are tierra del fuego, ushuaia and the andes)

the unremarkable region are like this: not a forest, plain, or hill, but a little of each

http://360graus.terra.com.br/ecoturismo/images/w_h/w_h_aparados18.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fByHDt6j7Eg/TAkLVT594uI/AAAAAAAAAVk/HfnPuth46Qw/s1600/1.bmp
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/2296682.jpg
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/47487466.jpg
(these are the pampa ga˙cho)

the forest is like this. not really tall but very dense.

http://www4.icmbio.gov.br/flonas/foto.php?id_img=2
http://www.diariodamanha.com/docs/flona2.JPG
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Q1OpFGyBB-w/SBp-klOPmOI/AAAAAAAAAUU/U5wSY5jI07c/s400/flona_mata_ju.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Q1OpFGyBB-w/SD9j24NIe0I/AAAAAAAAAZQ/tAPOFT6vSdk/s400/DSC02263.JPG
(there are a sub-tropical wet forest)

Duncfoo
2012-01-05, 05:59 PM
(light applause) best way to get us a sense of the world is sometimes to show it. that and the intimidate give us a good place to start. we will probably have to abandon the cart not far into the woods...

Crafty Cultist
2012-01-05, 07:28 PM
Densely packed forest is good for guerilla tactics. We should find somewhere out of the way with a water source to base ourselves.

Lyndworm
2012-01-05, 10:02 PM
please do. stay alive! i need to take one of the real long swords because after an hour mine is turning back into a rock!
Korin will be using his mystic armour until he gets a chance to make his own, so go ahead.
Cool, thanks. My sheet's been updated to include a shortspear and a chainshirt.

(light applause) best way to get us a sense of the world is sometimes to show it. that and the intimidate give us a good place to start. we will probably have to abandon the cart not far into the woods...
I agree with the first sentiment entirely (the pictures are a great help, and visual aides can often be indispensable; good on you, Beschoren), however I hope that the second is inaccurate. I would prefer to find a way to hide/disguise it in the forest, so that our group can find it and use it again if necessary.

Densely packed forest is good for guerilla tactics. We should find somewhere out of the way with a water source to base ourselves.
Seconded.

Beschoren
2012-01-06, 06:01 PM
you have no other questions for the slavers? if not we will carry on

Crafty Cultist
2012-01-07, 09:07 PM
Since nobody else seems to have any questions for the guards, should Korin lock them up?

Lyndworm
2012-01-08, 12:04 AM
I can't think of anything else right now, no... Go ahead, whenever Uidon's finished.

zagan
2012-01-08, 08:08 AM
Sorry for the delay in responding, a few problem with my connection.

Anyway, thanks for the image it really help and I've finished modifying Xilef new sprite and here it is:

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/9273/00560queen.png

As for the interrogation, I think we've learned enough and can depart as soon as Uidon got his response. Xilef will use survival on the way to find food.

Beschoren
2012-01-08, 09:50 AM
XP for the entire escape: 1700 for each PC

weather: [roll0] (good)

random encounter! chance is 8% per hour of travel. moving at half speed due to the cart you will take 8 hours to reach the edge of the forest

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Duncfoo
2012-01-08, 06:28 PM
I agree! With stuff!donewithinterrogation

I also like that Korin waited patiently 3 times in a row! :smalltongue: ah

Crafty Cultist
2012-01-08, 06:59 PM
Sorry about that. I'm not sure how it happened:smallredface:

Lyndworm
2012-01-09, 03:50 AM
I didn't realize we had so many longswords! So long as we can spare them, I'm having Kanros trade out his shortspear.

We should be all set to head out, now, right?

zagan
2012-01-09, 01:13 PM
OOC: Does Xilef have the goodberry spell? that could be very useful to us.

:smallredface: I somehow completely forgot about that spell. I'll prepare it tomorow with create water. It will eat a little in my spell per day but with that and good survival check we should be good. Provide we can find berry.

Beschoren
2012-01-13, 06:37 PM
rolls

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]

[roll7]
[roll8]

[roll9]
[roll10]

[roll11]
[roll12]

Lyndworm
2012-01-14, 01:13 AM
Kanros does not understand what is being said (i've checked his lenaguages).
Speaking of Kanros' known languages, I've been meaning to bring that up (but kept forgetting). As his Intelligence bonus is high enough for him to have learned another additional language, would you mind listing a few languages that he may have been exposed to at the camp? Of particular interest would be those to which he was most exposed, so probably any languages spoken by the slaves (other than Common, of course). He has Giant listed as a known language since I figured that the overseer (the ogre), and probably some of the guards, would use that language to berate the slaves, and maybe to avoid being overheard. I've marked on his sheet that he has one unused language (it's been that way since character generation, I think), but couldn't think of another (realistic) language to give him.

Also, I screwed up my IC roll, so here's this new one:

Spot:
[roll0]

Beschoren
2012-01-14, 07:01 AM
rolls

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]

Lyndworm
2012-01-15, 04:02 AM
Wow, I messed up another one.

Move Silently:
[roll0]

Duncfoo
2012-01-15, 02:25 PM
Well, at least you are still invisible?

Lyndworm
2012-01-15, 08:52 PM
True enough. :smalltongue: It's a good thing Move Silently is an opposed skill.

Beschoren
2012-01-15, 10:14 PM
oh this gonna be good

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]

Lyndworm
2012-01-16, 12:21 AM
I did it again! There's something wrong with me.

Move Silently:
[roll0]

Lyndworm
2012-01-17, 01:17 AM
Yay, no rerolls!

When you get a chance, Beschoren, do you mind taking a look at this?

Speaking of Kanros' known languages, I've been meaning to bring that up (but kept forgetting). As his Intelligence bonus is high enough for him to have learned another additional language, would you mind listing a few languages that he may have been exposed to at the camp? Of particular interest would be those to which he was most exposed, so probably any languages spoken by the slaves (other than Common, of course). He has Giant listed as a known language since I figured that the overseer (the ogre), and probably some of the guards, would use that language to berate the slaves, and maybe to avoid being overheard. I've marked on his sheet that he has one unused language (it's been that way since character generation, I think), but couldn't think of another (realistic) language to give him.

zagan
2012-01-17, 07:15 AM
Can we make knowledge check to identify the creature based on Kanros description ? (Xilef couldn't make the spot check)

Duncfoo
2012-01-17, 02:44 PM
I may be ok with just charging in there and getting some butt kick on but Uidon doesn't want to waste troops.

Also: Because we have the weird start (sudden inspiration) I didn't assign things like Languages, knowledge... When we level up / sometime soon can we as a group juggle some of this stuff? I am ok with DM fiat about some of it! Maybe we just have no chance to know this language.

Beschoren
2012-01-17, 07:50 PM
(a bit busy, posting when posible)

Lyndworm
2012-01-17, 08:43 PM
Take your time, man. RL has to come first. Once you get everything sorted out, we'll still be here, waiting patiently for you to guide us home to the shores of awesome.

Beschoren
2012-01-20, 04:49 PM
I'm working hard to finish my master thesys, but I'll find time to keep posting.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Duncfoo
2012-01-20, 10:09 PM
Would everyone be ok if Uidon did some story telling about the Dream and to maybe inspire these 10 slaves?

Beschoren
2012-01-20, 10:42 PM
the ten slaves so far have not really asked too many questions. so far they are just following you

Lyndworm
2012-01-20, 11:04 PM
Go for it, Duncfoo. Remind them that escaping was the easy part, eh? Now that we're free, it's up to us to stay that way.

Crafty Cultist
2012-01-20, 11:08 PM
Go for it, but Korin might interject if it contradicts his beliefs about the spirits chosing them.

zagan
2012-01-21, 10:02 AM
Would everyone be ok if Uidon did some story telling about the Dream and to maybe inspire these 10 slaves?

No problem, I think that we each get a different dream but it doesn't mater much and as long as the slave obey our order it's all good.

Duncfoo
2012-01-24, 06:13 PM
No problem, I think that we each get a different dream but it doesn't mater much and as long as the slave obey our order it's all good. =) I was hoping to drag out some dreams from other players too. A little Meta, but I think its good to get our little zealots slaves even more informed.

<Vollmond Being Away>

Yeah thats a long away. You may want to have Seanon go to help another group of the slaves (like join the mountain ones or something) and get another player... or just NPC him too. Both work well. But I like having 5 players for some reason.

Its a nice round number? :smalltongue:

Beschoren
2012-01-24, 06:21 PM
Vollmond is away for way too long =(

I'll sieze control of Seanon, with a slight rebuild.

He also heals you (that is, your reserve points. keep track of them!) just before sleeping

cure moderate wounds [roll0]
cure moderate wounds [roll1]
cure moderate wounds [roll2]

5x lesser vigor, 18 hp each casting

6x cure minor wounds, 1 hp each casting

take this healing as you need (I guess you used a lot of reserve points)

new seanon spell list.

class features:
Deity favor: ally or self gains temp HP equal to 3x the benefical spell level just cast. loses wepon focus.
Spell shield (no familiar): when take damage, sacrifice a spell (immediate).
then make concetration DC 15 + spell level: negates 5 x spell lv damage

6 lv0 detect magic, read magic, light, ghost sound, mage hand, message, prestidigitation
6 lv1 Grease, Mage armor, Mount*, magic missile
5 lv2 glitterdust, greater slide
3 lv3 Haste***

spells -fav soul
6 lv0 Cure minor wounds, create water, light, resistence, guidence, detect poison, mending
6 lv1 Shield of faith, lesser vigor, obscuring mist, blood wind (close, siwft)**
5 lv2 Cure moderate wounds, lesser restoration, wave of grief, hold person
3 lv3 Prayer, summon monter III, mass conviction

*and you pulled the cart by hand. doh.
** great for xilef
*** put summon mosnter II on divine side.

next spells should be for suport, mostly...

vollmond
2012-01-24, 09:03 PM
So, this is very embarrassing and I am guilt-ridden. I apologize for abandoning you guys. That busy week turned into a couple busy weeks, which ran into the holidays, and it reached the point where I didn't want to come back and face you. That's not an excuse; I know how much I have hated for other people to disappear in the past, and I'm sorry for leaving you hanging.

I see you are turning Seanon into a GMPC, and that's probably for the best; even now I can't really come back. I am looking for a new job, and will then be moving to a new city, with all the excitement (and time-filling) that entails. I will read along (because this group tells great stories), but there's no way I could meaningfully contribute again for a few months, even if you would have me back.

So, in closing, uh, hi again. I'm alive, but inconsiderate. :smallannoyed:

Beschoren
2012-01-24, 09:18 PM
So, this is very embarrassing and I am guilt-ridden. I apologize for abandoning you guys. That busy week turned into a couple busy weeks, which ran into the holidays, and it reached the point where I didn't want to come back and face you. That's not an excuse; I know how much I have hated for other people to disappear in the past, and I'm sorry for leaving you hanging.

I see you are turning Seanon into a GMPC, and that's probably for the best; even now I can't really come back. I am looking for a new job, and will then be moving to a new city, with all the excitement (and time-filling) that entails. I will read along (because this group tells great stories), but there's no way I could meaningfully contribute again for a few months, even if you would have me back.

So, in closing, uh, hi again. I'm alive, but inconsiderate. :smallannoyed:

No worries vollmond, I was just hoping you were fine. Busy is fine.

when our initial zombies group first started playing it was start of 2010. Things happen and sometimes we just don't have time (or disposition) for PbP gaming. When you're done re-stablishing yourself don't forget to look up on us, there will surely be room for you! We've been playing for 2 years and you don't have to be afraid of us!

(or do you? :xykon:)

facebook do have it's utilities, heh? I'll gladly add you folks http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1050099996

besch

zagan
2012-01-25, 03:43 PM
Vollmond is away for way too long =(

I'll sieze control of Seanon, with a slight rebuild.

He also heals you (that is, your reserve points. keep track of them!) just before sleeping

I was sure that reserve point replenished themselves each day, I'll keep it in mind.

cure moderate wounds [roll0]
cure moderate wounds [roll1]
cure moderate wounds [roll2]

5x lesser vigor, 18 hp each casting

6x cure minor wounds, 1 hp each casting

take this healing as you need (I guess you used a lot of reserve points)

Xilef will use one of her own lesser vigor on herself and then one cure moderate wound and a second lesser vigor.

On a side note lesser vigor heal a max of 15hp because it last max 15 rounds.
And also how did seanon manage to get a caster level of 8, at level 6 without magic item ?

new seanon spell list.

Blood wind is awesome, It's such a shame that it's not on the druid spell list. I mean of the core caster its the one most likely to posses natural weapon.:smallannoyed:

Anyway I was going to suggested create food and water for seanon spells but it would eat into his spell know, no ?

Also I would like the opinion of the other player opinion on Xilef list of prepared spells:

0: Create water*3, Guidance*2
1st: lesser vigor*2, longstrider, pass without trace (so that a scout can do soo without leaving a trail)
2nd: Blood frenzy, Bite of the wererat*2, Bull's strength
3rd: Enhance shifting, Bite of the werewolf, Greater magic fang

Suggestion to improve it ? I prefer buff spell to keep with her theme but if you think that other type of spell could be very useful I may be willing to change it.

Beschoren
2012-01-26, 05:48 PM
On a side note lesser vigor heal a max of 15hp because it last max 15 rounds.
And also how did seanon manage to get a caster level of 8, at level 6 without magic item ?

Anyway I was going to suggested create food and water for seanon spells but it would eat into his spell know, no ?

Also I would like the opinion of the other player opinion on Xilef list of prepared spells:

He had a feat, touch of healing, that gacve a +1 on caster lv. i had tought lesser vigor healed 11+ caster level, for unknown reasons

yes, it would eat a slice of his spells. not an option at this level

Just remind that the other dremers proposed preparing goodberry
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
here some loose houserule to turn the slaves into actual warriors. it is open to suggestions:

To turn his Communer level into a Warrior level, the Communer must train for 8 hours/day for 10 days, guided by a PC. At the end of this 10 day time (it might be interrupted) he must succed on a level check DC 15. If he fails, he does not change class. The training PC might grant several bonus on this check.

By the end of this 10 day period, the PC might make a DC 10 level check. If he succeds on the check, he gives a +2 bonus to the Communer class-turn check. Each 5 points he exceeds the check, he gives another +2 bonus. This represents the PC's overall quality at traning others.

By the end of this 10 day period, the PC might make a DC 10 charisma check. If he succeds on the check, he gives a +1 bonus to the Communer class-turn check. Each 5 points he exceeds the check, he gives another +1 bonus. This represents the PC's incentive and leadership at traning.

By the end of this 10 day period, the PC might make a DC 10 wisdom check. If he succeds on the check, he gives a +1 bonus to the Communer class-turn check. Each 5 points he exceeds the check, he gives another +1 bonus. This represents the PC's awareness at sharpening up weak spots of the Communers at the traning.

By the end of this 10 day period, the PC might make a DC 10 inteligence check. If he succeds on the check, he gives a +1 bonus to the Communer class-turn check. Each 5 points he exceeds the check, he gives another +1 bonus. This represents the PC's organization at giving a logical sequence to the training and a buildup of knowledge.

Each PC may train up to 20 people per 10-day. several PCs might train the save group (bonus stacks). The PC might make all the bonus checks to enhance the COmmuner's training, not just one or two.

zagan
2012-01-27, 06:56 AM
Just remind that the other dremers proposed preparing goodberry

Damnit ! I knew I forgot something !

New spell list:

0: Create water*3, Guidance*2
1st: lesser vigor, longstrider, goodberry*2
2nd: Blood frenzy, Bite of the wererat*2, Bull's strength
3rd: Enhance shifting, Bite of the werewolf, Greater magic fang

Duncfoo
2012-01-27, 01:00 PM
Roll to start helping taking apart the Cart:
[roll0]
What skill / attibute would you have me add to this?

Also; Future planning - I think we should find a safe place to camp for the night, maybe 2 and then start scouting the forest camp. Maybe we can kidnap a guard / caravan, etc.

Crafty Cultist
2012-01-27, 01:37 PM
I think we should set up camp at the first suitable location we find. Exploring the forest will be easier once we have a safe place to return to and our followers aren't in direct danger. Once we find an ideal location, we should start constructing our main camp there, leaving our original camp as an outpost/safehouse/decoy.

On the subject of our base of operations, does anyone have craft skills related to wood working and/or trapmaking?

Duncfoo
2012-01-27, 02:51 PM
We don't unfortunately. I think we might be able to leverage some of our Druid and Artificer spell list to manipulate the wooded areas (Repair Damage, Make Whole, Fabricate, Warp Wood, Summons (Some have skills), Wood Wose, Beget Bogun, etc). One spell can = a whole days work. Lets all brain storm.

Also, imagine these next 30 lines are a rant on why the 3.5 skill point system hurts roleplaying.

Team: Should I switch my skill over to Blacksmithing?

Lyndworm
2012-01-27, 04:47 PM
Blood wind is awesome, It's such a shame that it's not on the druid spell list. I mean of the core caster its the one most likely to posses natural weapon.:smallannoyed:
Right? Why in the world is that a Cleric spell but not a Druid spell?

On the subject of our base of operations, does anyone have craft skills related to wood working and/or trapmaking?
Not wood or traps specifically, but Kanros has a +5 to all Craft checks (and counts as being trained in them).

Team: Should I switch my skill over to Blacksmithing?
I thought we'd discussed this already?

I concur.
Although I was looking through my books the other day and I did see a character with Craft: Blacksmithing. However, that character wouldn't be able to use that skill to make weapons or armor.

Beschoren
2012-01-27, 07:07 PM
Not wood or traps specifically, but Kanros has a +5 to all Craft checks (and counts as being trained in them).

I thought we'd discussed this already?

my bad if I don't recall the outcome of the discussion... here's what i can suggest for now

craft (weapons and armor): needed to actually create wepons and armor
craft (metal working): builds all kind of metal stuff, but wepons and armor (put in here tools, nails, springs, anvils, etc)
if you have five ranks in craft (wepons and armor) you gain +2 synergy bonus on (metal working), and vice-versa

profession: blacksmith. required to train and orient other people, run a profitable trade, build and repair forges, workshops. if you have five ranks in balcksmith you gain +2 synergy bonus on (metal working) and (wepons and armor)

crafters please puy this on your sheet for future reference

Beschoren
2012-01-27, 07:11 PM
rolls

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Aaaaaand nothing. You jsut walked the whole day in great expection but found neither a good spot to settle down for good nor a mosnter to be defeated. it end of the day now. finding a spot similar to the first place you settled is not difficult.

can we fast-forward and continue the search in the next day? just someone give some coordenate on were you are right now (IC overland map) and were you are heading next day

Beschoren
2012-01-28, 06:26 PM
rolls for the next day of searching

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Xilef forages for 5 people and grants 11 goodberries, so basicly she feed everyone for this day. you have food for 5 people in rations.

EDIT: the 2║ day within the forest will not be some calm. I'll post it by sunday's night.

Lyndworm
2012-01-28, 06:37 PM
Yay!

Sorry for my recent inactivity; I've been having a weird past few days. I'll try to be a little more proactive in the times to come.

zagan
2012-01-29, 07:18 AM
Rolling goodberry for the second day.

[roll0], [roll1]

Beschoren
2012-01-29, 09:36 PM
innitiatives!

Uidon: [roll0]
Korin: [roll1]
Xilef: [roll2]
Seanon: [roll3]
Kanros: [roll4]
Land wurm: [roll5]

Duncfoo
2012-01-29, 10:14 PM
I agree Zagan. Lets move to I12. Then we can look into raiding either camp.

Alright, I may shuffle my skill points around just a little bit Beschoren?

Beschoren
2012-01-29, 10:31 PM
Alright, I may shuffle my skill points around just a little bit Beschoren?

aye, just tell me what you've done when you're done

Crafty Cultist
2012-01-30, 12:02 AM
Could Xilef use survival to locate a water source? It can be used to predict the weather and avoid getting lost, so it wouldn't be unreasonable.

Edit: Beschoren, did you mix up kanros and korin again? I was pretty sure I was the armoured guy with the axe.

Beschoren
2012-01-30, 07:32 AM
Edit: Beschoren, did you mix up kanros and korin again? I was pretty sure I was the armoured guy with the axe.

:smallsigh:

I might just have. go by the pictures positions, not the names

zagan
2012-01-31, 08:44 AM
Beshoren: Could you tell which one of my attack hit this round ? It to decid on my number of attack next round.

Beschoren
2012-01-31, 10:09 AM
Beshoren: Could you tell which one of my attack hit this round ? It to decid on my number of attack next round.

4 attacks hit. not rending.

zagan
2012-01-31, 10:27 AM
Four ? Low AC enemy then. I can afford to use all my attack then. Thanks.

Beschoren
2012-01-31, 02:33 PM
Sorry crafty, your movement generates an AoO and now you're being constricted by the serpent. You will have to change your actions.

Also I'd like you guys to better describe the effects of the abilities you are using. I know i can just google it but it is time-consuming to do it too many times - specially spells and effects from Binder, Artificer and Tome of Battle. I'm not used to these and my memory is low to remind it's use from the 1║ encounter.

Crafty Cultist
2012-01-31, 02:53 PM
A binder gains supernatural abilities based on which vestige they currently have bound, as well as gaining minor buffs and restistance to mind affecting powers while they have a vestige bound.

My current vestige lets me summon a set of magic full plate armor, gain proficiency with heavy armor(which I already have), and switch places with an ally within 15ft once every 5 rounds.

Beschoren
2012-01-31, 03:05 PM
A binder gains supernatural abilities based on which vestige they currently have bound, as well as gaining minor buffs and restistance to mind affecting powers while they have a vestige bound.

My current vestige lets me summon a set of magic full plate armor, gain proficiency with heavy armor(which I already have), and switch places with an ally within 15ft once every 5 rounds.

I supose you will keep this vestige for a while, right? with the extra DR as the minor buff? Let me know when you decide to change it.

Crafty Cultist
2012-01-31, 03:33 PM
Do we use the "automatic faliure on a one rule"? Because if so, I think I just out wrestled the snake.

And yeah, a vestige binding ritual lasts 24 hours. The vestige can have effects on my personality if I fail my binding check, though(My current Vestige makes me unwilling to remove armor or shields)

zagan
2012-01-31, 03:42 PM
Nothing really exotic for me yet, you'll find the effect of my buff under condition in my stat block.

Currently I have:

Greater Magic Fang: +1 to att and dmg rolls with natural weapon including unarmed strike
Bite of The WereWolf (refluffed as power of the linx): +2 Str, +4 Dex, +4 Con, +4 nat AC, 1d6 bite (but less dmg than shifting bite), Blind-Fight feat
Longstrider: +10ft speed
Shifting: +2 Str, 2 claw and 1 bite (for 9 round plus con or wis mod)
Enhance shifitng: +2 Str, +1 dmg with claw and bite, shifting last one additional round
Whirling Frenzy: +4 Str, +2 AC, +2 Ref, +1 att/round (like rage 3 round plus con mod)

Beschoren
2012-01-31, 04:09 PM
Q 35

If i roll 1 or 20 in a grapple check, is it an automatic failure/sucess? Or all that matters for the check is the final result?

A35 Since a grapple check is an ability check, not an attack roll or saving throw, there is no automatic success or failure.

So Korin is grapled anyway.

BUT each grapple check counts as a single attack. with BAB +6, Korin may have a 2║ grapple check to get rid of the constriction yet this round

Duncfoo
2012-01-31, 04:28 PM
Yep, Artificer effects little right now for me. I cast a level 1 Infusion on my sword, Magic Weapon Per SRD

Other stuff is from Tome of Battle (Book of Nine Swords)
Combat Challenge is a modification to the Intimidate Skill, a new added ability about chooseing an enemy. It is done @ initiative and can be used again later

Unnerving Calm modifies Combat Challenge "Duel of Wills" so I use Concentration and get a +4 on these checks.

Stances are from ToB as well, in the White Raven Type.

(I actually don't have my ToB pdf anymore. I lost my books and had my cell phone stolen with the pdf recently. Does anyone have a pdf copy I could borrow?)

Lyndworm
2012-01-31, 08:29 PM

I might just have. go by the pictures positions, not the names
If it makes things easier on you, Beschoren, you can always refer to Kanros by his surname (Jartik). Personally, I don't really mind the confusion, but it could become a problem later and I imagine it's at least a little annoying for you. I'll start referring to Kanros by his last name, and we'll see if it helps at all.

Also, I'm sorry for my absence yesterday. I got hit with some crazy family drama out of the blue and couldn't access the computer until during the forum backup, so I just went to sleep rather than waiting for it to finish.

Beschoren
2012-02-01, 06:27 PM
you can always refer to Kanros by his surname (Jartik). Personally, I don't really mind the confusion, but it could become a problem later and I imagine it's at least a little annoying for you..

Also, I'm sorry for my absence yesterday. I got hit with some crazy family drama out of the blue and couldn't access the computer until during the forum backup, so I just went to sleep rather than waiting for it to finish.

no worries/no worries. the similarity of Korin and Kanros names might just come up IC for puns, it will be fun. so far the confusion has delt no damage, I see no reaso to chage names now. perhaps one of you get a nickname during the adventure?

folks awnesered really fast, no need to apologize a 1 day delay.

Crafty Cultist
2012-02-02, 02:10 AM
Korin's opposed grapple check[roll0]

Duncfoo
2012-02-02, 06:51 PM
Keep in mind you get a grapple check for your extra attacks as well Crafty.

Also: Hitting Korin with a White Raven Tactics - Take another turn.

Duncfoo
2012-02-02, 06:56 PM
Re Rolling Damage: [roll0] +3 Damage from Inspiring Courage

Gah, I keep messing up.

Crafty Cultist
2012-02-03, 12:08 AM
second grapple check[roll0]

white raven tactics action(if first check fails)[roll1]

Beschoren
2012-02-03, 01:48 PM
yay, big bad Wurm is down. Korin prevented any further damage with his 1║ grapple check, his others will not be needed afterall.

XP award: 360 for each PC

Lyndworm
2012-02-03, 01:50 PM
Having a way with the wilds, Xilef recognizes some patterns on that creature... bright green scales, undamaged teeth, relatively small body for such a large head, only a few missing scales and very few scars (besides those you just dealt).... If this creature is as akin to snakes as it seems to be, this individual is a youngling.
Not to put a damper on anything, here, but that description is rather inconsistent with reptile physiology. They shed their skin either continually or all at once every few months, meaning that their scales pretty much always look bright and new (though any serious scars would remain for a long time, if not permanently). They also regrow damaged or lost teeth within a week or so (they have very simple teeth compared to mammals, allowing them to be generated swiftly). I really don't mean to offend or take away from anyone's fun, but... I like animals. A lot. Especially animals that other people don't like. :smallredface:

Also, victory!

Beschoren
2012-02-03, 01:59 PM
Not to put a damper on anything, here, but that description is rather inconsistent with reptile physiology. They shed their skin either continually or all at once every few months, meaning that their scales pretty much always look bright and new (though any serious scars would remain for a long time, if not permanently). They also regrow damaged or lost teeth within a week or so (they have very simple teeth compared to mammals, allowing them to be generated swiftly). I really don't mean to offend or take away from anyone's fun, but... I like animals. A lot. Especially animals that other people don't like. :smallredface:

Also, victory!

my herpetology classes are behind me already :smallredface: as for the scales i mean bright as a light green, to help camuflage in a way different from mature adults, like happens to many animals.

anyway, get ready for bigger wurms when you think you're safe later on

Lyndworm
2012-02-03, 02:13 PM
I never took any herpetology classes. :smallredface: I just read a lot, and watch educational television... I'm a monster, don't look at me!

I suppose we'll have to keep an eye out for more of these things, then, eh? Maybe build a fence so we can hear them coming (it's certainly not going to slow them down, much).

Would you like some sort of roll to dress the wurm? I expect Survival, but it might just be a given that 15 people who've been subjected to hard labor for decades can figure out how to do it...

Crafty Cultist
2012-02-03, 07:49 PM
I planned to set up a friase around our camp once we make one, so that should help keep predators from wandering in.

A friase(I think that's how its spelt) is detailed in heroes of battle. Essentially its a bunch of wooden spears set into the ground at an angle. anyone aproaching from the direction they're angled towards is attacked by 1d4 spears. If they were running or charging through, the spears deal double damage.

Duncfoo
2012-02-04, 01:13 AM
Who would have known that I would learn more about snakes. Entertaining and informative. Be careful Lyndworm, Sesame Street is going to sue your ass.

I'm looking forward to how good Uidon is going to look in snakeskin. I agree with the frieze, I am not sure it will stop all the snakes, but fortifying the camp just sounds good to me.

Too bad we can't set up a drying rack... Take as much meat as we can, maybe have Seanon summon a second horse if needed?

Beschoren
2012-02-04, 09:57 AM
Too bad we can't set up a drying rack... Take as much meat as we can, maybe have Seanon summon a second horse if needed?

yes i had think of that in fact. we can consider de has done such a thing to load the animal with 300 pounds of meat.

also, I belive Korin used his reserve point back to full hp. seanon is healing before sleeping.

seanon spot:
[roll0]

Also, since Youre low on magical itnes, that wurmskin has to have some special propriety to be different from a usual leather armor. Here's my suggestions:

1 - all armor is masterwork
2 - instead of producing 2 light armors, you could chose to produce 1 banded mail (all to medium-sized creatures)

and

+5 bonus on escape artist checks
or +5 bonus on hide checks in woods or areas with undergrowth
or +5 bonus on grapple checks (only to innitiate a grapple or damage/hold/pin your foe, not to prevent it grapples or avoid damage)
or heavy armor is considered as medium armor

Lyndworm
2012-02-04, 03:19 PM
The Hide bonus makes the most sense to me, but I'm not sure that it'll be the most useful.

For future reference, here's a little look at what working this skin actually takes (by RaW):

Light Armor (I'm assuming Leather in function):
Make one Craft (Armorsmithing) check per week or per day
Multiply result by 12
If result equals 100 (or 1,000, if per day), the armor is completed
If result equals more than 100 (or 1,000 if per day), the armor is completed in less than a week
If result equals less than 100 (or 1,000 if per day), the armor is completed in more than a week, and require another check
If the result ever equals 8-11, you make no progress and do not multiply the roll
If the result ever equals less than 9, you ruin half of the materials used

Heavy Armor (I'm assuming Banded Mail in function):
Make one Craft (Armorsmithing) check per week or per day
Multiply result by 16
If result equals 2,500 (or 25,000, if per day), the armor is successfully completed
If result equals more than 2,500 (or 25,000 if per day), the armor is completed in less than a week
If result equals less than 2,500 (or 25,000 if per day), the armor is completed in more than a week, and require another check
If the result ever equals 12-15, you make no progress and do not multiply the roll
If the result ever equals less than 12, you ruin half of the materials used

This is assuming that they're not masterwork, of course, which requires similar checks all on its own.

Lyndworm
2012-02-04, 03:22 PM
Sorry, messed up my roll.

Spot:
[roll0]

Beschoren
2012-02-06, 08:31 PM
a few rolls

sl[roll0]
ss[roll1]
sh[roll2]

sl[roll3]
ss[roll4]
sh[roll5]

sl[roll6]
ss[roll7]
sh[roll8]

sl[roll9]
ss[roll10]
sh[roll11]

sl[roll12]
ss[roll13]
sh[roll14]

sl[roll15]
ss[roll16]
sh[roll17]

up to wich point does Kanros move while invisible, suposing he have not seen or heard anything suspicious? J-11? K-14? straight from were he is now? it makes difference and I don't want to simply say you entered in the terrible trapped square

Lyndworm
2012-02-07, 04:50 AM
He's just trying to peer inside, so let's say J13.

Crafty Cultist
2012-02-07, 12:40 PM
Korin knows Sylvan

Lyndworm
2012-02-07, 11:26 PM
Sorry for the delay, I'll see what I can get up in a moment.

Will Save (DC 15):
[roll0] :smallfrown:

Beschoren
2012-02-09, 05:27 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Uidon: [roll4]
Korin: [roll5]
Xilef: [roll6]
Seanon: [roll7]
Kanros: [roll8]
???: [roll9]
slaves: [roll10]

Crafty Cultist
2012-02-10, 12:29 AM
Korin will take first watch, if no-one with better spot and listen skills wants to.

Lyndworm
2012-02-10, 02:22 AM
Kanros could take second watch, if you like. He has decent perception skills (+8 Listen/Spot).

Duncfoo
2012-02-10, 02:47 AM
Uidon will take last watch (spot -1), where he will wake 3 of the more hale slaves to assist him in hardening stakes in the fire and assist with watch.

Beschoren
2012-02-10, 02:22 PM
I'm considering Uidon takes the second watch (since Kanros says he could and uidon says he will)

The monster surprise round was eating meat. innitiatives were those below, and Kanros loses in a tie (othees were alseep). The mosnter first full round action was eating more meat form the wurm.

so it's your turn now. terrain is not difficult this time and low light conditions grant concealment. eveyone but Kanros are prone, the others can draw their wepons on the same move action used to get up

Lyndworm
2012-02-11, 12:50 AM
eveyone but Kanros are prone
If Kanros is resting/asleep, why isn't he prone? I think you meant that Uidon is standing, especially considering that Kanros's shone as prone on the map, so I'll post as if that's the case.

Beschoren
2012-02-11, 08:47 AM
If Kanros is resting/asleep, why isn't he prone? I think you meant that Uidon is standing, especially considering that Kanros's shone as prone on the map, so I'll post as if that's the case.

I hate myself.

Duncfoo's PC is on the watch. Lyndwrom's PC is resting.

Lyndworm
2012-02-11, 04:27 PM
Don't beat yourself up; apparently Kanros just has one of those faces. :smalltongue:

Beschoren
2012-02-14, 07:23 PM
To avoid gettin half his HP taken away just like that, Seanon uses a class feature to sacrifice a spell slot to gain DR as an immediate action (he does nota have an familiar)

concentration DC 18: [roll0]

result: sacrifices a 3║ level sorc spell to prevent 15 damage

Seanon could cast blood wind on xilef next round if you want. be mindfull of the -4 penality for shooting in melle.

zagan
2012-02-15, 08:08 AM
Seanon could cast blood wind on xilef next round if you want. be mindfull of the -4 penality for shooting in melle.

And don't like the penalty and nothing prevent me from moving closer so it it should be alright this time.
Can I charge by moving in L10 or must it be in L9 (in the grease) ?

Lyndworm
2012-02-15, 05:06 PM
Legally (by RaW) you'd have to end your movement in te closest available space from which you can attack the burrow root. In this case, that would be L9 (in the grease). You can, however, attack the Northern creature safely, ending movement in K7 (you shouldn't have to worry about the campfire hurting Xilef; the burrow root didn't take damage when it occupied those squares).

Beschoren
2012-02-15, 06:36 PM
Legally (by RaW) you'd have to end your movement in te closest available space from which you can attack the burrow root. In this case, that would be L9 (in the grease). You can, however, attack the Northern creature safely, ending movement in K7 (you shouldn't have to worry about the campfire hurting Xilef; the burrow root didn't take damage when it occupied those squares).

yeah i was going to tell you the campfire is very small and does not prevent you from moving. sadly i forgot that.

and yes, by RAW, you end the charge in the closest space

Beschoren
2012-02-15, 06:41 PM
and borrow plant ref VS kelgore's fire bolt [roll0], DC 14

edit: ouch

zagan
2012-02-16, 05:24 AM
yeah i was going to tell you the campfire is very small and does not prevent you from moving. sadly i forgot that.

and yes, by RAW, you end the charge in the closest space

Okay, but with the new position of the root, the point is moot, I will charge the original root. (xilef got low-light vision, so no miss chance)

Lyndworm
2012-02-16, 09:03 AM
You might have rolled "off-screen," Beschoren, but it doesn't hurt to check: did you remember that grease forces a Balance check (DC 10) to move (including burrowing)?

Beschoren
2012-02-16, 04:00 PM
You might have rolled "off-screen," Beschoren, but it doesn't hurt to check: did you remember that grease forces a Balance check (DC 10) to move (including burrowing)?

i might have forogtten that, but at any rate, xilef just finished that poor root that only had 2 hp left

also, crafty, it was not your new turn just yet. I only updated the map with the new position from the root. next time i'll put it in bold who still have to post (I'm not considering your charge then)

Crafty Cultist
2012-02-17, 02:11 AM
Oh, sorry. Should I delete that post and make a new one or can I just change where I'm charging to?

Beschoren
2012-02-17, 07:24 AM
Oh, sorry. Should I delete that post and make a new one or can I just change where I'm charging to?

no problem. delete that and make a new one. this way its totally unbiased (that casting of shoking graps at the start of the encounter was wasted? I'm not sure)

Beschoren
2012-02-17, 07:26 AM

no problem. delete that and make a new one. this way its totally unbiased (that casting of shoking graps at the start of the encounter was wasted? I'm not sure)

Beschoren
2012-02-18, 04:25 PM
(my internet acess is a bit limited until wensday)

Lyndworm
2012-02-19, 06:46 AM
Not a problem. Sort out your RL stuff first, then come back to us whenever you can.

Beschoren
2012-02-22, 07:14 AM
done! internet is fully back

waiting for xilef's actions

sadly, Korin misses his charge attack

Beschoren
2012-02-22, 06:24 PM
Forest dwelers defeated! that's 540 xp to each PC

Also, I'm not sure I'm putting much of a challange. this is my first REAL gestalt game (as DM) so i'm unsure if I'm putting up a challange or not. Also, we got those very nice alternative rules/setting that effectively reduce equipment, that is also something new to me. Finally, you are to encouter very few casters (compared to a normal game). Hopefully I got a lot of things at my sleeves and I'm eager to see things develop in our plot

maybe you''d like to review the training and smithing rules we made. they are on the 1║ post of this tread. If you want to start crafting right away, you will have to do with improvised tools (generaly a -2 penality at craft checks)

zagan
2012-02-23, 02:10 PM
Forest dwelers defeated! that's 540 xp to each PC

Also, I'm not sure I'm putting much of a challange. this is my first REAL gestalt game (as DM) so i'm unsure if I'm putting up a challange or not. Also, we got those very nice alternative rules/setting that effectively reduce equipment, that is also something new to me. Finally, you are to encouter very few casters (compared to a normal game). Hopefully I got a lot of things at my sleeves and I'm eager to see things develop in our plot

maybe you''d like to review the training and smithing rules we made. they are on the 1║ post of this tread. If you want to start crafting right away, you will have to do with improvised tools (generaly a -2 penality at craft checks)

The encounter at the quarry was really challenging and fun, the one against the snake and the root may seem easier but in those case we all used a round to buff first. Without that they would have been harder I think. Despite that we still lost one follower and food. All in all nice encounter, a really challenging "story" encounter and two nice "random" encounter.

In my Icf post i forgot about it, but I cast goodberry twice again.
[roll0]
[roll1]

To the other: Now that we have a base of operation I think we can start training our follower, there's not much difference betwen a commoner and a warrior but every little bit help.

Beschoren
2012-02-23, 06:55 PM
The encounter at the quarry was really challenging and fun, the one against the snake and the root may seem easier but in those case we all used a round to buff first. Without that they would have been harder I think. Despite that we still lost one follower and food. All in all nice encounter, a really challenging "story" encounter and two nice "random" encounter.

To the other: Now that we have a base of operation I think we can start training our follower, there's not much difference betwen a commoner and a warrior but every little bit help.

its good to have some feedback, thanks. I think we could put the followers right into lv2 warriors, or else they are way to fragile.

We will start training according to those houserules posted on the 1║ post of this thread? fast forward on the 10 days of training?

does xilef keep casting goodberry 2x/day and foraging for the group for 8 hours/day?
Does uidon spend any time crafting itens? (be mindfull you have improvised tools)
Seanon will help with traning, overlook the construction of the "palisade" and reinfocement of the camp tents
do you scout anywere close to the slaver's camp?

I'll roll a random encouter chance/day when you're set

Lyndworm
2012-02-24, 01:56 AM
I agree with pretty much everything that Zagan said about the encounters. They could probably be stepped up a little, but they've been very enjoyable.

At least one of us should be scouting out the immediate area; I recommend that Kanros and Xilef do it as a team. It's not really safe for either of them to go alone, and Kanros is stealthy enough/has enough perception that he could actually be a boon on the hunt.

Duncfoo
2012-02-24, 01:10 PM
Time to start our army? :smallbiggrin:

Uidon will focus on trying to get these Brothers outfitted. I'll start tanning the snake hide and storing the food. I'll use "Repair Light Damage" (Level 1 spell) on any damaged equipment to repair it, including canvas, ropes, etc.

I want everyone to keep in mind we have MAGIC! Lets take those slavers by surprise.

Xilef could raise a fort for us in one day with just a few spells:
Speak w/ Animals (Scouts, dangers in the area)
Diminish / Plant Growth (Crops for us, none for them)
Warp Wood / Wood Shape (Doors, Planks, Wooden Palisade for our defense)
Wood Wose (CAST THIS! 6 hours of a free Survival checks)
One With the Land (Meh, 24 hour +2 outdoor bonuses)
Nature's Rampart (CAST THIS, Instant Outdoor defensible terrain: Requires focus though...)
Soften Earth and Stone (Help us make trenches, soften areas for planting)

Seanon can use Mount to get us drag logs where needed.

If you want to find a way to make some of these fit for Xilef in character.

Then Korin / Uidon can focus on dividing the tasks of training and outfitting.

Kanros / Seanon can scout + Use skills. I know Kanros can help with just about anything.

Also, Beschoren, the combats are working fine. I would say step it up a notch and keep in mind that CRs are going to be hard to manage. Use some obstacles, weaker enemies, controlling enemies to cause of some problems. 1 large creature is either going to tear us up or get torn up quick.

zagan
2012-02-24, 02:40 PM
Some of them may be hard to justify fluff wise, but they may be worth it, let's see:

Speak w/ Animals: Yeah the first day I can ask the animal I find if human come often in the area, beyond that I'm not sure.
Diminish Plant: The stunt growth option doesn't seem that great, we would need to find their field and it act over a period of half a year.
The prune growht option may be more useful if we want to create a zone without difficult terrain.
Plant Growth: The enrichment option would require that we create a field but with what plant we don't have corn, wheat or even vegetable. And it would take way too long.
Perhaps I could cast it in the area around us to get a bonus on survival check to find food ?
However I really like the Overgrowth option, it could make the area around us much harder to navigate for our foe and if they see a big zone of overgrown plant they won't think that we can't be here. I will most likely cast that
Warp Wood: I don't understand this suggestion. This spell is to render useless wooden item like door or cart. We can't use that.
Wood Shape: This would be really hard to justify for Xilef but It would really help. Could we use it on the tree aroudn the area to make them into a (living) palisade ? the problem being volume object of 16 cu ft max, tree are probably too big.
Wood Wose: Great idea ! I'll probably do that, but the range worry me a little 40ft at our level. If i'll take it while I'm scouting it could perhaps work.
One With the Land It's one hour per level, not worth it I think. particularly since it's just personal.
Nature's Rampart I've seen this one but the 100gp focus.
Soften Earth and Stone Could go very well with the overgrowth option of plant growht.

What do the other think ?

Beshoren: a few question in rapport witht he above
Could I use wood shape on the tree around our camp ?
how many casting of plant growth would I need ? I would probably use the 150 ft semi circle option to create a ring around our camp, but we need enough romm for the camp itself.
Can I use wood wose (Spc p242) to make survival chek while scouting ? Or even better can I make myself survival check while scouting ?
If I use plant growth around the camp does it give me bonus to find food ?
And finally what sort of animal live in the forest ?

Beschoren
2012-02-24, 03:36 PM
great, so we got out-of-combat tasks for everyone!

Uidon crafts
Xilef forages/builds
Kanros scouts & help eveyone else
Korin trains the followers
Seanon trains the followers & cast spells as needed (summon monster III, mending, prestidigitation, mage hand, message)
followers pratice and build as instructed

Let's reduce the training time to 1 week, just to be easier to run things.

Beshoren: a few question in rapport witht he above
1Could I use wood shape on the tree around our camp ?
2how many casting of plant growth would I need ? I would probably use the 150 ft semi circle option to create a ring around our camp, but we need enough romm for the camp itself.
3Can I use wood wose (Spc p242) to make survival chek while scouting ? Or even better can I make myself survival check while scouting ?
4If I use plant growth around the camp does it give me bonus to find food ?
5And finally what sort of animal live in the forest ?

1 those 3 very large trees are too massive to be affected at your current level. "normal" trees, spread all over the campcan be afected.
2 the large black circle arround your camp has 100 feet radius. Casting both diminish and growth plants and selecting wich areas are not affected will allow you to greatly shape the camp, so do your math as you need.
3 yes, yes. The wood wose follow you or else he dissipates, he may make survaval checks on his own or using aid another. foraging is, in a way, scouting. you will get to know the nearby rerion while lookcing for food
4 yes a +2 circunstnace bonus will apply on a fully overgrown region (that is, without many unnafected squares).
5 normal animals for forests, giant verson of them, and as you could see, some magical beasts. there surely are predators in the forest, like to borrow root and the wurm. or worse.
-------------------------------------------------------------

here's a better view of your playground. of course there are more trees and stones arorund, but I belive you will be moving them arround with magic or brute force. if you need a large boulder (of about 10x10x10 ft)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-CJ2PIHWLXKk/T0fw5ejcdAI/AAAAAAAAHwY/RBX16HVDEFU/s720/Captura%2520de%2520tela%2520inteira%252024022012%2 520181922.jpg

So here is our 1-8 random encounter chance for the first day, dividing the whole day in 6 4-hour parts. the present day is the 5║ after the awakening.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

EDIT: peacefull day.
rolls for follower trainig are done after 7 days
xilef may cast her spells and roll for survival (for wood woose too)
Uidon can roll his crafting for day or for week
outcome of nearby scouting and construction as soon as you decide which spells are cast and how.

zagan
2012-02-24, 04:29 PM
Great that's all I need.

So here's my spell list for the first day:

0: no one care
1st:
longstrider (to imrpove my speed despite difficult terrain)
Wood wose (for more food)
goodberry only once today (even more food)
speak with animal (for scouting)
2st:
Bite of the wererat (in case of combat)
wood shape three times
3rd:
greater magic fang (I keep that one in case of combat)
Dimish plant once to remove the difficult terrain in hour camp
Plant Growth to begin making very diffult terrain.

I'll post IC to explain my action, roll and refluff as need, I'm sure I'll find something.

Duncfoo
2012-02-24, 07:48 PM
Right on Zagan! Instant fort.

Working on this post - Crafting Stuff -

SUPPLY LIST: Check this, let me know if you guys see anything I am missing.

2 tents, may hold 10 people each
a cart with no horse to pull it
22 blankets
0 13 cold weather outfit (Enough so everyone has one now that one slave died)
25? meals (Not Sure of what our meal count is!)
Wurm Meat?
9 followers (each armed with a Shortspear, a javelin, club and sling)
minor furniture (a cuple of stools, a small table, firewood...)
minor tools (cups, pickaxes, flint-and-steel, rope, 10 foot pole...)
10 torches

1 greataxe (Korin)
9 whips
2 3 daggers (Uidon)
2 short swords
15 short spears
3 5longswords (Kanros, Uidon)

15 javelins
4 composite (might +2) longbows
3 longbow
128 arrows

4 large shields
3 suits of leather armor
1 4 suits of chain shirt (Kanros, Seanon, Uidon)
1 Uncured Wurm Skin (For Leather Armor)

How to Train our Future Army: Spartan / Roman

Why? Spartan's are bad ass. Mixing light skirmishing and "Stand Off" Melee is awesome. Glaives / Guirsarmes are cheap. With Guisarmes they can trip and stab downed enemies?

6 Brothers become our Infantry / Thrown (Mixing Towers Shields + Weapon and Reach), 3 become Longbow Archers / Light Melee. The two groups fight together in a stacked V or Block as needed?

Suggestions? Thoughts?

Crafty Cultist - I know Korin is also set up to craft items. Do you want to have our characters trade duties, or maybe specialize in one (Weapon or Armor)?

Beschoren -
I have a feat called "Exceptional Artisan" that reduces crafting times by 25% for items I make. Just FYI

I was thinking about taking levels in Renegade Master Maker (From "Magic of Eberron", pg 82) as a prestige class. I wanted just to give you warning.

Beschoren
2012-02-24, 09:35 PM
25? meals (Not Sure of what our meal count is!)

for simplicity, let's consider you have one full dried ration for each person.

Xilef's foraging has been supliing most of what is needed per day on the firsrt 2 days, so other reserves were untouched. extra food foraged allow for 13+10+3 persons (for the woodwoose survival bonus: +17 is too much for a 1║ level spell. let's cap it at your caster level)

the wurm totally fed you yesterday and today. you decide to trow the few leftover of the leftovers out as they start to smell funnny and you have other suplies.

each goodberry lasts 6 days. i honestly can't remember/find how many times it has been cast and consumed (7 castings?). for simplicity le'ts say you have one for each person.

so you have total of 54 "foods" by the end of this 5║ day

Beschoren
2012-02-24, 10:03 PM
sooooo the 5║ day is over and the 6║ starts.

I supose Korin, Seanon and Uidon will just keep what they were doing (training and crafting), Xilef will still forage for food and building with magic.

What Kanros do? he keeps as "guardman" in your area? does he scout farther? If Kanros goes with Xilef, he can only scout half the area he could alone (since Xilef moves at half speed to forage).

after we settle this (kanros activities and Xilef spell selection for the day) I'll roll the random-encounter-per-4-hour-period

Lyndworm
2012-02-24, 11:18 PM
I'll use "Repair Light Damage" (Level 1 spell) on any damaged equipment to repair it, including canvas, ropes, etc.
I'm fairly sure that the repair spells only affect Constructs, not items. That's definitely what my Spell Compendium says. Items should be able to be fixed with mending, though.

I know Kanros can help with just about anything.
Yep. He essentially has a minimum of three ranks in every skill, including the Knowledges and Crafts.

Nature's Rampart I've seen this one but the 100gp focus.
It's obvious that we can't do it now, but a few of the slave camps seem to be quarries. I never though to ask exactly what we were pulling from the ground, but you seem to be in luck; quartz is the second most common mineral on the planet, and it's crystalline form can be found pretty much everywhere. One of its better known forms, amethyst, is extremely common in Brazil as well, and I'm fairly sure our in-game location is based heavily on real-world Brazil. Also, Kanros has +5 Craft (Gemcutting), so he should be able to make your focus for you.

What Kanros do? he keeps as "guardman" in your area? does he scout farther? If Kanros goes with Xilef, he can only scout half the area he could alone (since Xilef moves at half speed to forage).
Hmm... If Xilef's cool on her own, Kanros should probably scout by himself. They can cover much more ground that way, and Kanros can always cast invisibility and skedaddle if things turn sour.

"Do human come often in your territory ?"

(any other question she could ask ?)
You asked about humans specifically, but we know that there are other things out here. You could ask about fey, giants, and any particularly large predators as well. It's possible that you might have to narrow that list a bit, though; the badger only has an Intelligence of 2, so he might not understand the distinctions involved.

zagan
2012-02-25, 05:28 AM
for simplicity, let's consider you have one full dried ration for each person.

Xilef's foraging has been supliing most of what is needed per day on the firsrt 2 days, so other reserves were untouched. extra food foraged allow for 13+10+3 persons (for the woodwoose survival bonus: +17 is too much for a 1║ level spell. let's cap it at your caster level)

Sound fair, thanks.

It's obvious that we can't do it now, but a few of the slave camps seem to be quarries. I never though to ask exactly what we were pulling from the ground, but you seem to be in luck; quartz is the second most common mineral on the planet, and it's crystalline form can be found pretty much everywhere. One of its better known forms, amethyst, is extremely common in Brazil as well, and I'm fairly sure our in-game location is based heavily on real-world Brazil. Also, Kanros has +5 Craft (Gemcutting), so he should be able to make your focus for you.

That's great !

Hmm... If Xilef's cool on her own, Kanros should probably scout by himself. They can cover much more ground that way, and Kanros can always cast invisibility and skedaddle if things turn sour.

Yeah she can manage.

You asked about humans specifically, but we know that there are other things out here. You could ask about fey, giants, and any particularly large predators as well. It's possible that you might have to narrow that list a bit, though; the badger only has an Intelligence of 2, so he might not understand the distinctions involved.

Good point, I'll do that.

Duncfoo: I've found an infusion to help you craft. Unseen crafter from race of eberon p191. It last one day per level (6 days of crafting) and they're craft modifier is equal to your ranks plus your int mod. You can have any number of them at the same time.

If possible try crafting first the tool to craft the rest.

Beshoren: Okay so for this day, I'll do nearly the same thing.
Two plant growth spells, north and south of the camp to create an overgrowth region.
Three wood shape spells.
One goodberry; [roll0]
One speak with animal this time asking the animal about any creature that it know in the region, if possible the same badger so it know me.
And finally survival check for me and the wood wose:
me: [roll1]
wose: [roll2]

Beschoren
2012-02-25, 12:22 PM
I'm fairly sure that the repair spells only affect Constructs, not items. That's definitely what my Spell Compendium says. Items should be able to be fixed with mending, though.

Yep. He essentially has a minimum of three ranks in every skill, including the Knowledges and Crafts.

Korin tries to be stern but fair with his training. He also spends any spare time helping Uidon craft whatever he's working on.

Kanros and Korin can use "aid another" to help Uidon on the spare time.

Seanon has mending to recover broekn itens

and yes, the landscape is absed on southern brazil. you could find the focus you need on a slave quarry

1-8 random encounter for the day
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Beschoren
2012-02-26, 10:16 PM
Food status: 54 on reserve. Today XIlef gathered and made 14 "foods", and 14 "foods" were consumed

-------------------
innitiatives

Uidon: [roll0]
Korin: [roll1]
Xilef: [roll2]
Seanon: [roll3]
Kanros: [roll4]
Slaves:9
monters:10

Slaves (consider avarege): [roll5]
Slaves (consider avarege): [roll6]
Slaves (consider avarege): [roll7]
Slaves (consider avarege): [roll8]
Slaves (consider avarege): [roll9]
Slaves (consider avarege): [roll10]
Slaves (consider avarege): [roll11]
Slaves (consider avarege): [roll12]
Slaves (consider avarege): [roll13]

mosnter (consider avarege): [roll14]
mosnter (consider avarege): [roll15]
mosnter (consider avarege): [roll16]
mosnter (consider avarege): [roll17]
mosnter (consider avarege): [roll18]
mosnter (consider avarege): [roll19]
mosnter (consider avarege): [roll20]

Edit: there. this should be more challanging than a single borrow root :mitd:

zagan
2012-02-27, 08:39 AM
Edit: there. this should be more challanging than a single borrow root :mitd:

No need to go too far in the other direction. (:smalltongue:)

Xilef will try to identify those thing, I'll roll it here because it's a free action and that way I can shout any useful information as soon as I can post.

for the "giant": Know (nature): [roll0]
for the "smaller one": Know (nature): [roll1]

Also what are the brown trait next to our follower ? Training post ? Do they block momevent or grant cover ?
The red circle are fire I suppose ?

Beschoren
2012-02-27, 07:58 PM
for the "giant": Know (nature): [roll0]
for the "smaller one": Know (nature): [roll1]

Also what are the brown trait next to our follower ? Training post ? Do they block momevent or grant cover ?
The red circle are fire I suppose ?

Both creatures are of the same kind - dusk giants. their size reflect how much they have been eating on the last weeks. They emanate an aura of low-light arround them.

the browth things are training stuff they ocuppy the intersection of those squares. they provide cover and block movement.

red circles are campfires, keeping all of the camp are well iluminated. they do not hinder your movement or damage you.

Beschoren
2012-02-28, 07:17 PM
rolls

[roll0], DC 17
[roll1], DC 17
[roll2], DC 17

Beschoren
2012-02-28, 07:52 PM
Seanon has 3 solid tatical choices:

1 - casting waves of grief to debuff the mosnters, in a 30 feet cone. if Korin takes a 5 foot step back East he could hit mostly all foes.

2 - casting greater slide to move Korin up to 20 feet away. this movement does not generate AoOs and is blocked by obstacles. He could bring Korin to L6 just after the duskblade attacks

3- glitterdust, hiting 2 big foes and 2 medium ones

regardless of the choice, he can cast blood wind as a swift action. I guess it's up to Crafty to decide, since he's on the tight spot for now.

dont forget the 1-20% miss chance due to poor light conditions. those with low-light vision ignore this miss chance

Crafty Cultist
2012-02-28, 11:35 PM
I'm going to recommend wave of grief. Korin will try to move to the side so he is easier to keep out of the effect.

zagan
2012-02-29, 08:30 AM
Seanon has 3 solid tatical choices:

1 - casting waves of grief to debuff the mosnters, in a 30 feet cone. if Korin takes a 5 foot step back East he could hit mostly all foes.

2 - casting greater slide to move Korin up to 20 feet away. this movement does not generate AoOs and is blocked by obstacles. He could bring Korin to L6 just after the duskblade attacks

3- glitterdust, hiting 2 big foes and 2 medium ones

regardless of the choice, he can cast blood wind as a swift action. I guess it's up to Crafty to decide, since he's on the tight spot for now.

dont forget the 1-20% miss chance due to poor light conditions. those with low-light vision ignore this miss chance

I vote for wave of grief too, and glitterdust next round if possible.

As for Xilef, Yes a blood wind would be great this time, I'll assume it was cast when I'll post my turn.

EDIT: No forget about it this round, I'm too far to be able to use
it effectively with only 20ft range increment.

Lyndworm
2012-02-29, 04:53 PM
Wave of grief is probably our best option right now.

Doesn't Xilef have a 40ft move speed? Why did she only move 30ft this round?

Also, I'm fairly sure that Kanros should be in U7 as opposed to B7, and Uidon should be in X7 as opposed to U8. I'll be taking my turn under the assumption that this is their positioning.

zagan
2012-02-29, 05:37 PM
Doesn't Xilef have a 40ft move speed? Why did she only move 30ft this round?

Because I'm a moron, I was lamenting the fact that longstrider wasn't in effect anymore that I forgot about the barbarian speed boost. I'll update my position but it doesn't change much, still a little too far I would take the penalty for throwing beyond my range increment.
An anyway the boost to ac and to hp from the bite will probably be very useful.

Beschoren
2012-03-02, 07:14 PM
wait, everyone posted?

<o>

sorry i missed that

will saves VS wave of grief, DC 16. on fail, -3 on atacks, saves, checks
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Beschoren
2012-03-02, 07:22 PM
balance to get out of grease:
[roll0], DC 10
[roll1], DC 10

ref DC 15 [roll2]
ref DC 15 [roll3]

ref DC 15 [roll4]
ref DC 15 [roll5]

1-10 stability chance for the poor felllow bleeding in the ground [roll6], [roll7] (edit: he'll survive if he survives!)

Seanon spell list here. in bold my suggestions for this round

spells -sorc
6 lv0 detect magic, read magic, light, ghost sound, mage hand, message, prestidigitation
6 lv1 Grease, Mage armor, Mount, magic missile
5 lv2 glitterdust, greater slide
3 lv3 Haste

spells -fav soul
6 lv0 Cure minor wounds, create water, light, resistence, guidence, detect poison, mending
6 lv1 Shield of faith, lesser vigor, obscuring mist, blood wind (close, siwft)
5 lv2 Cure moderate wounds, lesser restoration, wave of grief, hold person
3 lv3 Prayer, summon monter III, mass conviction

Crafty Cultist
2012-03-02, 09:21 PM
Did you take into account that the first 5ft of movement in a wathdraw action don't provoke an attack of oportunity?

Duncfoo
2012-03-02, 10:02 PM
Withdraw is a full round action.

I vote Prayer. Buffs Hit and saves, grants 9 temp hp and possibly debuffs. I am not sure if we can get full use of haste until next round when we will be in attack positions.

Beschoren
2012-03-02, 10:51 PM
Did you take into account that the first 5ft of movement in a wathdraw action don't provoke an attack of oportunity?

Withdraw is a full round action.

aye. you cannot make an attack and use the withdraw action. i had tought you genertated the AoOs to take the attention away from the bleeding followers, and would just soak up damage with your DR

zagan
2012-03-03, 09:22 AM
This round Xilef will need Blood wind. And I also vote for prayer.

zagan
2012-03-03, 10:05 AM
Critical Threat with my second claw attack:

Confirm: [roll0]
Bonus Dmg: [roll1]

Beschoren
2012-03-03, 11:09 AM
I vote Prayer. Buffs Hit and saves, grants 9 temp hp and possibly debuffs. I am not sure if we can get full use of haste until next round when we will be in attack positions.

Aid gives temporary HP, not Prayer.

at any rate, Seanon traded wepon focus for the ability to add temporary HP to someone affected by his divine spells. it will be about 6 temporary HP, for Korin i guess

Duncfoo
2012-03-03, 01:38 PM
I was just including the effect in my measurement between the two effects. Is it 3x spell level or 2x spell level? I'm not sure.

Beschoren
2012-03-03, 05:21 PM
don't forget they are in low-light. 20% miss concealment.

Duncfoo
2012-03-04, 12:00 AM
Miss chance: [roll0]

Crafty Cultist
2012-03-04, 12:15 AM
Miss chance[roll0]

Beschoren
2012-03-04, 11:37 AM
Docnfoo misdobleposted

I'm considering results from the [roll0]║ post

Uidin hits, Korin kills, Xilef deals about 30 damage

save vs grease:
[roll1]
[roll2]

map udate tonight

Beschoren
2012-03-04, 09:43 PM
grease effects

balance/ref to leave: [roll0], DC 10 [roll1] DC 15
balance/ref to leave: [roll2], DC 10 [roll3] DC 15
balance/ref to leave: [roll4], DC 10 [roll5] DC 15

if still trapped on grease but standing there:
[roll6] DC 15
[roll7] DC 15
[roll8] DC 15

Beschoren
2012-03-04, 10:01 PM
slave attacks...

[roll0][roll1], damage [roll2]
[roll3][roll4], damage [roll5]
[roll6][roll7], damage [roll8]
[roll9][roll10], damage [roll11]
[roll12][roll13], damage [roll14]
[roll15][roll16], damage [roll17]
[roll18][roll19], damage [roll20] (hit!)
[roll21][roll22], damage [roll23]

Hey, a follower killed a wounded giant! this prevented one attack on xilef!

Way to go, nameless-until-killed follower!

Duncfoo
2012-03-04, 10:45 PM
Hey that one may earn him a name! If he keeps it up we might refer to him as something besides "Hey you"

Beschoren
2012-03-04, 10:55 PM
Hey that one may earn him a name! If he keeps it up we might refer to him as something besides "Hey you"

yeah i just figured we would't really use 10 new NPC names so i kept them all nameless. likely they only call themselves by nicknames.

this guy? "look-look"? "giant"? "lucky"?"bingo"?

zagan
2012-03-05, 06:23 AM
My attack roll for my unarmed strike failled: rolling here:

Att: [roll0] (+5 bab, +6 Str (base, shift, frenzy) +3 IC, -2 TWF, -2 bonus attack, -2 negative level)

Att: [roll1] (+5 bab, +6 Str (base, shift, frenzy) +3 IC, -2 TWF, -2 bonus attack, -2 negative level)

Att: [roll2] (+5 bab, +6 Str (base, shift, frenzy) +3 IC, -2 TWF, -2 bonus attack, -2 negative level)

---------

We should call him lucky, it fit.

Lyndworm
2012-03-06, 02:16 AM
I like Bingo, personally.

For those who've not seen my signature yet, I'm very, very sick right now. My throat's so swollen that I feel like I'm choking, my eyes feel like they're the size and texture of kiwis, and I can't breathe through my nose at all... and that's not even going into the various aches and pains, or the incredibly strong urge to sleep. I'll try to continue posting, but I figured that you all deserved to know that I might miss a day.

Crafty Cultist
2012-03-06, 09:42 AM
Fair enough. Rest up, and I hope you'll get well soon.

Duncfoo
2012-03-06, 12:43 PM

For those who've not seen my signature yet, I'm very, very sick right now. My throat's so swollen that I feel like I'm choking, my eyes feel like they're the size and texture of kiwis, and I can't breathe through my nose at all... and that's not even going into the various aches and pains, or the incredibly strong urge to sleep. I'll try to continue posting, but I figured that you all deserved to know that I might miss a day.

Why do your eyes sound so tasty all of a sudden?

Also you might do +3 damage from flanking with me. If you hit. =)

Beschoren
2012-03-06, 06:58 PM

ok man, get well soon, take care, and don't worry about posting. we wait for you

Standard: Leading the Attack Maneuver @ F,5- [roll0] Damage - [roll1] + [roll2]
Free: 5' Step to F,5

the monter in F5 is dead. wich one do you attack?

also, you can't take a five foot step there, as there is an obstacle in the way. diagonal movent crossing walls is not possible (try it at home if unsure. take a 5 foot step in a straight diagonal line from a wall, ehhehehe)

Lyndworm
2012-03-07, 05:12 AM
Why do your eyes sound so tasty all of a sudden?
Size + Texture =/= Taste

Just trust me on this.

Also you might do +3 damage from flanking with me. If you hit. =)
Oops! Thanks for pointing that out. I'd like to blame the mistake on me getting sick, but it's probably completely unrelated. :smallsigh:

ok man, get well soon, take care, and don't worry about posting. we wait for you
Thanks a lot. I'm already feeling a little bit better, so my sickness might not effect the game at all. I figured it'd be best to be safe over sorry, especially seeing as I've just randomly disappeared before.

Duncfoo
2012-03-07, 12:13 PM
the monter in F5 is dead. wich one do you attack?

also, you can't take a five foot step there, as there is an obstacle in the way. diagonal movent crossing walls is not possible (try it at home if unsure. take a 5 foot step in a straight diagonal line from a wall, ehhehehe)

I can teleport at home. I upgrade my home. =p
Sorry that should be F,4 Dusk Giant. I was under the impression that the post did not impede movement / grant cover and were there for decoration from an earlier post. This does change what I would do (and probably Lynd to) somewhat. I can just remove the 5' step and maybe have Lynd move to a different flanking position?

Beschoren
2012-03-07, 05:37 PM
I can teleport at home. I upgrade my home. =p
Sorry that should be F,4 Dusk Giant. I was under the impression that the post did not impede movement / grant cover and were there for decoration from an earlier post. This does change what I would do (and probably Lynd to) somewhat. I can just remove the 5' step and maybe have Lynd move to a different flanking position?

I belive i spoke out that the posts granted cover. the firefires do not hinder you, howevet.

at any rate the posts do not hinder your attacks in this turn: they only block a line G5-F5. your attakcs and those of Kanros are not affected.

also, I'm in the final moments of delivering my master thesis in genetics. I might take a one or seven extra days to reply posting.

Beschoren
2012-03-08, 05:30 PM
sooo crafty is taking a while. I'll PM him.

Crafty Cultist
2012-03-09, 12:53 AM
Sorry about not posting. I thought I'd already made this post actually.

zagan
2012-03-09, 06:22 AM
If allowed seing that Seanon cast haste, Xilef will not use her extra attack from frenzy but instead the one from haste (they don't stack) this mean that all my attack are made with a +2 bonus (the removed penalty) and another +1 from haste itself.

Duncfoo
2012-03-09, 12:28 PM
I belive i spoke out that the posts granted cover. the firefires do not hinder you, howevet.

at any rate the posts do not hinder your attacks in this turn: they only block a line G5-F5. your attakcs and those of Kanros are not affected.

Alright, I'll just go delete the 5' step out of the post and maintain the rest.

Beschoren
2012-03-09, 08:34 PM
1-20 miss chances
Uidon [roll0]
Kanros [roll1]. concealment negates sneak attack damage.
korin [roll2]
xilef has low-light vision and ignores low-light condition miss chance penalities

Crafty dobleposted. I'm considering results form the [roll3]║post

reflex save vs bigby fist: [roll4]
bull rush resist vs bifby fist:[roll5]
ref save on grease: [roll6]

saves/checks on grease:
balance DC 10 [roll7] (medium giant)
balance DC 10 [roll8] (large giant)

ref save DC 15 [roll9] (medium giant)
ref save DC 15 [roll10] (large giant)

xilef ahs ranks in spellcraft? or else she can't know if the negative levels are permanent or not.

Beschoren
2012-03-09, 09:11 PM
I belive this is the perfect time for Seanon to cast glitterdust expending an action point for +1 DC

he could use his emtamagic sculpt spell to make it a 20 foot radius brust that will hit all but the G-11 giant. for that Kanros should take a five foot step east to avoid friendly fire.

otherwise he could just hit a normal glitterdust at the northen or souther pack of giants. at any rate, to hit the northen ones, kanros should consider a 5 foot step to avoid friendly fire

(seanon can cast the spell between Kanros 5 foot step and kanros attacks, so kanrros can actually take a full round of attacks on a blinded giant)

Crafty Cultist
2012-03-09, 10:26 PM
Can I cast a quickened spell in the middle of a full attack?

Duncfoo
2012-03-09, 11:37 PM
Also: Korin can take a free 5' step from my Maneuver "Leading the attack" hitting. I thought it missed and didn't add the note! If you don't want the effect to count since I forgot that is ok. Sorry! I am making some errors this round...

Also; on board with the Sculpted Glitterdust.

zagan
2012-03-10, 03:50 AM
xilef ahs ranks in spellcraft? or else she can't know if the negative levels are permanent or not.

Of course Xilef wouldn't know. I'm asking as a player to know if I need to create a back up character. I don't intend to play a character two levels below everyone else, particularly at pbp speed of play.
(I'm kidding, but I hate negative level nothing except death should have a permanent impact on a character, plus deleving is a pain.)

Lyndworm
2012-03-10, 07:09 AM
By RaW, no, you cannot. A Swift action is entirely separate from a Full-round action, and the two cannot be combined. It's possible that Beschoren will rule otherwise, but that's how the game works without modification.

Of course Xilef wouldn't know. I'm asking as a player to know if I need to create a back up character. I don't intend to play a character two levels below everyone else, particularly at pbp speed of play.
(I'm kidding, but I hate negative level nothing except death should have a permanent impact on a character, plus deleving is a pain.)
Well, you're not technically two levels below us now, you just have two negative levels. This is an entirely different set of penalties than that caused by level loss, and it's much easier to rid yourself of it. Negative levels are always temporary unless they last more than 24 hours, at which point Xilef would need to make two Fortitude saves. If she fails one, the negative level goes away and she loses a level; ditto for the second save.

That being said, however, I'm virtually positive that the negative levels will go away before resulting in level loss. I have two reasons for this: the first is that Beschoren rolled 1d4 to see how many negative levels Xilef received after being hit by a ray, which I think is probably indicative of an enervation spell or SLA (which last a maximum of 15 hours). The second reason is that I just plain don't think that our kind and wonderful DM would drop such a huge penalty on us when we have no way to circumvent it whatsoever. It's not a wound at level 6, it's an instant PC death.

Beschoren
2012-03-10, 07:36 AM

By RaW, no, you cannot. A Swift action is entirely separate from a Full-round action, and the two cannot be combined. It's possible that Beschoren will rule otherwise, but that's how the game works without modification.

Actually i take swift action along full round actions all the time. I can hardly belive you can't do that by RAW. so yeah, you can cast a quickned spell during your full round.

Also: Korin can take a free 5' step from my Maneuver "Leading the attack" hitting. I thought it missed and didn't add the note! If you don't want the effect to count since I forgot that is ok. Sorry! I am making some errors this round...

Also; on board with the Sculpted Glitterdust.

no worries, Korin can take the extra step

no need to worry aboutbackup charather. in the case of an actual death we work it out in a way to keep the game fun.

Well, you're not technically two levels below us now, you just have two negative levels. This is an entirely different set of penalties than that caused by level loss, and it's much easier to rid yourself of it. Negative levels are always temporary unless they last more than 24 hours, at which point Xilef would need to make two Fortitude saves. If she fails one, the negative level goes away and she loses a level; ditto for the second save.

That being said, however, I'm virtually positive that the negative levels will go away before resulting in level loss. I have two reasons for this: the first is that Beschoren rolled 1d4 to see how many negative levels Xilef received after being hit by a ray, which I think is probably indicative of an enervation spell or SLA (which last a maximum of 15 hours). The second reason is that I just plain don't think that our kind and wonderful DM would drop such a huge penalty on us when we have no way to circumvent it whatsoever. It's not a wound at level 6, it's an instant PC death.

actually, that level loss is permanent. sorry.

Na I'm just kidding.

the large size dust giant does have enervation as a SLA, so the negative levels are not permanent.

besides, I'm not much into the save-or-die style. and this spell dosen't even allow a save!
--------------------
So i think Seanon will have a sculpetd glitterdust there

Duncfoo
2012-03-10, 12:57 PM
I have a love of enervation... We once had our table DM ask us to stop using it to kill dragons... We had three characters who were throwing out meta magiced ones in a party and it became fairly silly.

Beschoren
2012-03-10, 01:32 PM
I have a love of enervation... We once had our table DM as us to stoo using it to kill dragons... We had three characters who were through out meta magiced ones in a party and it became fairly silly.

read the start of darkness one day if you can

Duncfoo
2012-03-10, 03:53 PM
read the start of darkness one day if you can

I'll get it from a friend. I know its on his shelf.

Also: Edited my post IC. I had forgot to add +2 to my attack roll from Bulls Strength.

Lyndworm
2012-03-10, 05:32 PM
Sorry I didn't post, guys; I'd typed it up, but through either a server error or my own stupiditynegligence I apparently didn't actually post it. One fresh post, comin' at you.

Duncfoo
2012-03-10, 06:49 PM
Lyndworm - I think you may be able to make your attack before the 5' Step. With the simultaneous turn we get some leeway on our order of operations. That way you get flanking and your Sneak attack.