PDA

View Full Version : Aaaahhh!!!! The Slaves Got Magic!!! OOC

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Duncfoo
2012-06-28, 10:43 PM
I am going to be gone for 4 days, coming back on Monday, with no phone service. Starting tomorrow morning. High Desert Camping Party here I come.

Chimaera
2012-06-29, 09:55 AM
Rest and go to the camp get stuff back or go out in the rain and darkness?
I'm a hero and still got some musics available. I vote for going in the cover of the night, after all we're hidding and darkness is good for that and that's the time factor to get things back before someone notice the old camp. Nova look at the light rain and say "Let's go my brave friends, it's just a little water and water won't kill us!"

Crafty Cultist
2012-06-29, 02:02 PM
I'm for camping in the tower for the night. The forest has given us enough problems during the day time.

Crafty Cultist
2012-07-01, 10:02 PM
Can I make a partial charge as a readied action? It can normally only be done in a situation where someone is unable to make a full round action.

Beschoren
2012-07-01, 10:03 PM
Can I make a partial charge as a readied action?

yes. don't forget you can only move 30 feet on your charge this way.

Beschoren
2012-07-02, 09:56 PM
did i mention you are fully rested? full spells and equiped with all your new itens.

Seanon still had a little healing and you have reserve points, I think none of you went to sleep wounded. thus you get full HP too.

zagan
2012-07-03, 02:29 PM
Duncfoo: Could you switch to your stance that add damage to charge attack next round ? I intend to use my lion's charge spell and adding the damage to all my attack would be awesome.

Duncfoo
2012-07-03, 03:54 PM
I can, that was supposed to be in my action actually and I forgot it!

Edit: Also, I am confused as to what items are actually mine.

esorscher
2012-07-03, 04:37 PM
Pretty sure the items break down thusly:

Zagan:
Amulet of mighty fist
Lesser Metamagic rod of extend spell
Anklet of translocation
Healing Belt

Duncfoo:
Great Reach Bracers
Healing Belt
Torc of the Titans
+1 Long Sword

Chimaera:
Chime of Harmonic Agony
Caduceus Bracers
+4 Robe of Splendor

Me:
Gloves of Dexterity +2
Quiver of Ehlonna
Vest of Resistance +1
Field Provision's box
Bag of Tricks, Rust

Crafty:
cloack of the salamander
lesser crystal of glancing blows
(MasterWork) Mithral greatsword

Seanon:
cloack of charisma +2
field provision box
amulet of wisdom +2
ring of mystic healing

Duncfoo
2012-07-03, 08:59 PM
That seems right. Thanks!

Beschoren
2012-07-03, 09:02 PM
seanon spells

spells -sorc
6 lv0 detect magic, read magic, light, ghost sound, mage hand, message, prestidigitation
7 lv1 Grease, Mage armor, Mount, magic missile, shield
7 lv2 glitterdust, greater slide, eletric loop (3d6, 2 targets, ref then will)
5 lv3 Haste, energy surge

spells -fav soul
6 lv0 Cure minor wounds, create water, light, resistence, guidence, detect poison, mending
7 lv1 Shield of faith, lesser vigor, cure light wounds, obscuring mist, blood wind (close, siwft)
7 lv2 Cure moderate wounds, lesser restoration, wave of grief, hold person
5 lv3 Prayer, crown of might, mass conviction

party too scaterred to make use of haste
enemies to far to make use of prayer
mass conviction should do the trick
blood wind (swift) might allow xilef a full round

Note that Xilef does not have a clear line to charge Janir the predator guy in red that just tried to strangle her.
Predator guy and nehebed hat guy have concealment

esorscher
2012-07-03, 09:16 PM
Confirm crit on the third arrow:
[roll0], [roll1]

zagan
2012-07-04, 11:50 AM
I can, that was supposed to be in my action actually and I forgot it!

Thanks ! :smallsmile:

party too scaterred to make use of haste
enemies to far to make use of prayer
mass conviction should do the trick
blood wind (swift) might allow xilef a full round

I don't need blood wind, I have lion's charge and with Uidon boost it's more potent than blood wind.

Note that Xilef does not have a clear line to charge Janir the predator guy in red that just tried to strangle her.
Predator guy and nehebed hat guy have concealment

Don't care, I want to kill charge Tititan turtle guy. It's an opportunity that I cannot miss.:smallwink:

zagan
2012-07-04, 02:23 PM
Critcal threat on Claw1 !!!

Confirm: [roll0]
Bonus damage: [roll1]

Duncfoo: Are you sure that your initiator level is 6 ? We are now level 7 (unless you multiclass ?)

Beschoren
2012-07-04, 08:21 PM
Xilef confirms critical! Elkal does not.

so we got:
mass conviction at the party (+3 on all saves)

a disarm attemp at uidon
Korin and nova may take their redied charge attacks
an obscuring veil manuever at Korin (dont forget fort save)
Nova gains an AoO
a flame strike at korin and nova (ref saves)
a lion was summoned
a legion of sentinels apeared in the stairs (they treathen an area and may make AoOs)
the turtle guy went invisible before his full round. Xilef may take spot and listen checks to locate him.
the turtle guy is under 50% hp
---------------------
sorry for the huge post and messy fight, but i just could't bypass this oportunity of making you face yourselves (or kinda). all of your foes are someone's PC.

Crafty Cultist
2012-07-04, 09:02 PM
Fortitude save[roll0]
Fortitude save[roll1]

zagan
2012-07-05, 12:05 PM
Beschoren: I have a few trouble understanding what happened with Titian attack. In order:
1: How did he survive taking the 83 dmg (or 86 if Duncfoo has an IL of 7) plus the dmg from Elkal arrow (11 I think) that was inflict to him knowing that he normally has only 68hp ?
2: How did he manage to make 3 weapon attack and 3 tentacle attack ? (an NPC with action point ?)

Now I also need to inform you that even with Xilef unccany dodge negating the SA dmg and blind-fight from the bite of the werewolf spell Xilef has taken 130 point of damage with this full attack. I could use an action point to gain the benefit of the shifter defense feat that grant DR 2/silver but it would only reduce the damage to 118 and Xilef would still die.

So yeah it's probably just a dream and Xilef probably won't die for real but while I have nothing against hard encounter you are perhaps pushing it a bit too far with one full attack = one kill. (Don't worry I'm not angry or anything, it's part of the game after all but it sting a little)

Duncfoo
2012-07-05, 01:00 PM
Zagan you are right, that should be +7, forgot to update my sheet for that.

Also, Beschoren, Uidon should be @ O,4.

Beschoren
2012-07-05, 05:26 PM
Beschoren: I have a few trouble understanding what happened with Titian attack. In order:
1: How did he survive taking the 83 dmg (or 86 if Duncfoo has an IL of 7) plus the dmg from Elkal arrow (11 I think) that was inflict to him knowing that he normally has only 68hp ?
2: How did he manage to make 3 weapon attack and 3 tentacle attack ? (an NPC with action point ?)

Now I also need to inform you that even with Xilef unccany dodge negating the SA dmg and blind-fight from the bite of the werewolf spell Xilef has taken 130 point of damage with this full attack. I could use an action point to gain the benefit of the shifter defense feat that grant DR 2/silver but it would only reduce the damage to 118 and Xilef would still die.

So yeah it's probably just a dream and Xilef probably won't die for real but while I have nothing against hard encounter you are perhaps pushing it a bit too far with one full attack = one kill. (Don't worry I'm not angry or anything, it's part of the game after all but it sting a little)

1: full hp/HD, just like you. Class defense bonus and armor as DR, just like you. Also, he got 35 temporary HP by manifesting vigor with 7 pp in the first round (if not by vigor he would be at single digits hp). still in the first round, he manifested expansion as a swfit action for 7 PP.

2: totally my fault. ignore the last tentacle attack. the extra mace attack is due to haste.

I would not trow such a large, high-level party (filled with magic itens) at you in the "real" game. I thought that since all the PCs are fully gestalt (unlike half your foes), the possesion of magic itens would not make a big, difference but i guess I'm wrong (Titian alone gets +3AC, +4 attack and +4 damage from itens).

I may have exaggerated Titian's actions by infusing each and every strike with the deepcrystal stuff (+2d6 per 2 PP). so to avoid un-fun premature death we could remove that bonus.
AoO: minus [roll0]
1º mace attack : minus [roll1]
2º mace attack : minus [roll2]
3º mace attack : minus [roll3]
this should be enought to not kill xilef

on the plus side, this tells me how not to conduce an encounter in the slaves game

Beschoren
2012-07-05, 06:14 PM
all attacks hit the predator, but he has 20% concealment
miss 1-20
Korin charge [roll0]
Nova charge [roll1]
Nova AoO [roll2]
all attacks hit. Predator is severely damaged. Korin takes 4 points fo cold damage, Nova takes 8. DR applied on damage.

saves Vs fireball. I slightly changed the target location to hit more foes. what the DC? 16? 17?

celestial lion save: [roll3]
predator: [roll4] (fail!)
ghostly swordsman: [roll5], miss 1-50 [roll6]
ghostly swordsman: [roll7], miss 1-50 [roll8]
ghostly swordsman: [roll9], miss 1-50 [roll10]
ghostly swordsman: [roll11], miss 1-50 [roll12]
ghostly swordsman: [roll13], miss 1-50 [roll14]
ghostly swordsman: [roll15], miss 1-50 [roll16]
ghostly swordsman: [roll17], miss 1-50 [roll18]
ghostly swordsman: [roll19], miss 1-50 [roll20]
ghostly swordsman: [roll21], miss 1-50 [roll22]
ghostly swordsman: [roll23], miss 1-50 [roll24]

the predator falls, fair and square!
Will korin attack the sowrdmans even if the predator is no longer a menace?

Crafty Cultist
2012-07-05, 08:23 PM
Korin is panicking a bit from the wound and the partial blindness.

zagan
2012-07-06, 05:40 AM
1: full hp/HD, just like you. Class defense bonus and armor as DR, just like you. Also, he got 35 temporary HP by manifesting vigor with 7 pp in the first round (if not by vigor he would be at single digits hp). still in the first round, he manifested expansion as a swfit action for 7 PP.

heu, as far as I know we don't use armor as DR (it's not in the opening post anyway)

2: totally my fault. ignore the last tentacle attack. the extra mace attack is due to haste.

Okay that help.

I would not trow such a large, high-level party (filled with magic itens) at you in the "real" game. I thought that since all the PCs are fully gestalt (unlike half your foes), the possesion of magic itens would not make a big, difference but i guess I'm wrong (Titian alone gets +3AC, +4 attack and +4 damage from itens).

I guess as much, it's just that I was dissapointed when my pouncing charge boost with Uidon stance and with crit didn't manage to take him down.

I may have exaggerated Titian's actions by infusing each and every strike with the deepcrystal stuff (+2d6 per 2 PP). so to avoid un-fun premature death we could remove that bonus.
AoO: minus [roll0]
1º mace attack : minus [roll1]
2º mace attack : minus [roll2]
3º mace attack : minus [roll3]
this should be enought to not kill xilef

Thanks, that's generous of you, I'll make the calcul to see if I survive this evening (for me) before posting if need.

on the plus side, this tells me how not to conduce an encounter in the slaves game

Awesome ! :smallwink:

Beschoren
2012-07-06, 04:35 PM
Since Xilef is ko'd, can i change my action to go to Xilef and cure him instead of Korin? Combat expertise of 5 for the round.

yes you can. you can change actions according to rolls, results, changes and etc

Duncfoo
2012-07-06, 07:21 PM
Zagan you are right, that should be +7, forgot to update my sheet for that.

Also, Beschoren, Uidon should be @ O,4.

Beschoren I still need to know if you want to change anything for the above movement. Uidon should be at O,4 not his current spot.

Also: Xilef is a glass cannon and Titian a good counter blender. This happens with 3.5.

Beschoren
2012-07-06, 10:39 PM
Beschoren I still need to know if you want to change anything for the above movement. Uidon should be at O,4 not his current spot.

Also: Xilef is a glass cannon and Titian a good counter blender. This happens with 3.5.

oh I'm dreadfully sorry I forgot to reply you on that.

Michael elemental guy's action dosen't change, however. he will be at O5 as you are on O4.He has enought movemente to avoid an AoO. but this also means he get's hit by Elkal's fireball (while Uidon is not). elemental guy ref save: [roll0]

since Uidon will be at O4 one of the phantasmal sentinel is treathening him, so if uidon generate an AoO the sentinel will attack.

Sadly Korin's and Elkal's attacks were very innefective on the legion of sentinels - Korin only missed and the fireball only partly damaged 2 of them

seanon will cast prayer granting 3 temporary hp to Xilef

Duncfoo
2012-07-07, 04:01 AM
I don't think I can beat his disarm. Attempts! [roll0]

Edit: I hope that attack hits.

Beschoren
2012-07-07, 09:16 AM
I don't think I can beat his disarm. Attempts! [roll0]

Edit: I hope that attack hits.

ouch. it does. a little DR tought.

Chimera: you're allowed to change your action and heal xilef. be mindfull of the legion of sentinels.Also, the turtle guy is invisible out there somewere. how do you proceed on that? we need to know if it is either Xilef or Korin that will get the extra turn

Crafty Cultist
2012-07-07, 01:33 PM
Since Xilef was healed, am I correct in assuming that She is the target of Uidon's white raven tactics?

zagan
2012-07-07, 01:42 PM
Since Xilef was healed, am I correct in assuming that She is the target of Uidon's white raven tactics?

Even if Xilef is healed she will continue to play dead, because once she was reduce to unconcsiousness she lost her rage, her shifting and her enhance shifting. With the damage potential of Titian she wouldn't even be able to get up and even if she could she wouldn't survive much longer. Don't waste a white raven tactic on her.

Crafty Cultist
2012-07-07, 04:58 PM
I guess I'm getting the extra action then.

Chimaera
2012-07-07, 05:05 PM
I'll heal Xilef (Using full defense and Combat Expertise of 5)

Beschoren
2012-07-07, 05:34 PM
will saves VS senaon prayer, DC 17 (xilef gains 3 temporary HP as a side-effect)

elemental guy: [roll0]
turtle guy: [roll1]
drooling isect guy: [roll2]
alien guy: [roll3]
pointy hat guy: [roll4]

turtle guy re vs kelgore's fire bolt (he's insivible right now but you get to shoot him once he pops back into sight): [roll5]

ps: Nova can't actually reach xilef and heal at the same turn. i supose he heals korin then? or moves torught the legion of sentinels in a doble move?
pps: you can't take full def and a standard action at the same round too.

Chimaera
2012-07-07, 10:52 PM
I'll heal Korin then and move twards the predador guy.

Beschoren
2012-07-08, 08:03 PM
sooo:
Nehebed's pointy hat guy phantasmal killer got Seanon
Yui's drooling insectile guy trew a flame strie at Elkal
Titian turtle guy manifested hustle to get a full round on Nova
Michael Elemental guy got a flurry of blows on Uidon
Janir predator got caught in the fireball and failed save. with those charge attacks and AoO, he felt down
Mirar Alien guy summoned another lion. the first one charged (pounce) at Elkal

as you know this is a dream and deaht does not really happens (or so you hope). if things turn out very badly for you I might end the encoutner prematurely and carry on on the real world.

esorscher
2012-07-08, 08:41 PM
Ref save: [roll0]

Beschoren
2012-07-09, 09:39 PM
Yui ref 1: [roll0] (includes prayer penality)
Yui ref 2: [roll1] (includes prayer penality)

you guys had tettieble rolls this round. Nova miss both highly enpowered strikes, Elkal rolls a four on his ranged touch (miss) and Uidon hits only once (he manages to make the AoO but miss)

Sorry to have you waiting for a few more rounds Zangan, but I'm sure your life won't stop because of this. Perhaps Xilef learns that charging in ahead of the group might be harmfull?

Beschoren
2012-07-09, 10:41 PM
argh, mythweavers offline. i need a few data from it. i might jsut copy-paste my psot tomorrow morning

zagan
2012-07-10, 01:13 PM
Sorry to have you waiting for a few more rounds Zangan, but I'm sure your life won't stop because of this. Perhaps Xilef learns that charging in ahead of the group might be harmfull?

Don't worry about it. Xilef isn't quite out of the fight yet, she just need a little healing to make a come back.
In any case the only thing that she will learn is that she need to strike harder.:smallwink:

Beschoren
2012-07-10, 03:03 PM
I must make a few saves for the NPCs...
Ref DC 17
elemental [roll0]
turtle [roll1]
northen lion [roll2]
southern lion [roll3]

(looks at rolls results...)

Unless you have something espetacular to turn this battle, i think we can end it already. Sorry giving you a battle you lost, it was not my intent - but they, you lose all the time in videogames, right?

Chimaera
2012-07-10, 04:18 PM
Nova is dead for sure.
I knew it would probably happen if the turtle didn't ko'd anyway, and since it was a dream i was enjoying to see how much reckless Nova can get in real battle. For em was a good exercise and i saw how Nebehed can be a pain even without using one Phantasmal Killer per round.
For me it can end.

esorscher
2012-07-10, 04:42 PM
It was good to test what Elkal can do.

Duncfoo
2012-07-11, 01:45 AM
I would ok with continuing past this section, I'll post an action for Uidon anyways.

Reflex Save: [roll0] vs DC 16

Chimaera
2012-07-11, 02:05 PM
Will save (typed wrong in the IC)
[roll0]

Chimaera
2012-07-11, 02:09 PM
Fort
[roll0]

the forum is being bad to me D:

zagan
2012-07-11, 03:56 PM
Fort save: [roll0]

Will save: [roll1]

Beschoren
2012-07-11, 08:41 PM
way to the camp
random encounter 1-8
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

way to the tower
random encounter 1-10 (more because you're carring large food reserves)
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
EDIT: safe passage it is

i've updated our reserves and resources OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13539145#post13539145) with the tower map and regional map

ultimately, the ability damage did not hinder you this time. it heals normaly. you do realize that it was much more painfull than the previous dream.

EDIT: just to be sure on tower XP award. Elkal should ad this too to stay in par with the others

little red creatures:
PCs: 700
followers: 1200

stinky tentacled aberrations:
PCs:825
followers: 1830

Ooze:
PCs: 150
Followers: 250

dream:
PC: 50

thus the followers have 6320 xp at total and level up! since they have 1 rank in craft (wepons) and craft (armor), they can use aid another to help you craft stuff faster!

updated resumed sheets

followers (lancer/skirmisher/archer)
AC: 19/22/19
FRW: +6/+3/+3
HP:33/30/30
ATK (lancer) (+6, 1d8+3)
ATK (skirmisher) (+6, 1d6+2)+PBS
ATK (archer) (+6, 1d8+2)+PBS

lancer: wepon focus: longspear, combat reflexes, improved thugness, hold the line

skirmisher: point blank shot, wepon focus: short spear, large shield specialization, shield ward

archer: point blank shot, precise shot, wepon focus: longbow, sharp-shooting

Duncfoo
2012-07-11, 10:39 PM
Impromptu Drill time! Goooooo Followers!

Crafty Cultist
2012-07-11, 10:46 PM
Korin might dig a pit in front of the tower entrance, then build a makeshift drawbridge for the front door. Having a way to prevent access will improve our defenses considerably.

Chimaera
2012-07-12, 12:12 AM
Better armor would be useful, and a mitril one better still.
I vote for A) or C)
we can train the minions when we free more at the logging camp.

Duncfoo
2012-07-12, 04:11 AM
Uidon also has craft magic items galore... Everything but Rings and Staves I think. He also has a craft reserve to spend on a few magic items. This includes scrolls and potions! You guys have any requests?

I very much want to pursue option A for maybe a few days then C

Chimaera
2012-07-12, 07:57 AM
Nova would use a few items:
A magic longsword (+1 will do, but if you can make a Stunning Surge weapon it would be handy, Magic Item Compendium);
a magic chainshirt (+1 will do);
a mitril magic buckler (+1 will do);
belt/gloves of giant's strenght will be useful;
amulet of natural armor/ring of protections are always good;
Least crystal of life drinking, least crystal of arrow deflection and lesser crystal of adaptation;
Badge of valor, helm of tactics and horn of resiliance (Regalia of the hero magic item set).

No need to make all these items, just some possibilities.

esorscher
2012-07-12, 09:10 AM
I vote for A, B, or C. B seems like it might be worthwhile, I don't know how long 77 food stores will last. A is fun and C is fun too.

Elkal can cast unseen crafter with a +12 modifier to craft weapons and armor, and that lasts a week. So the crafter can help Seanon with the crafting. As for magic items:

Belt of Healing (750 gp)
Cloak of Charisma
Rings of protection
Amulets of Natural Armor
Ring of Arcane Might
Ring of Wizardry III

Duncfoo
2012-07-12, 12:19 PM
Uidon has unseen crafter as well, so we can have some pretty massive workshop. My only concern is that we may have enough craft (weapons) & craft (armor), as both Korin and Uidon have ranks in them. Perhaps Korin could retrain to some knowledge skills so that Elkal and Uidon can magic up some crafting Monkeys? Any way we could see Elkal's sheet?

Also; Artificers can make a very very useful homoculus that can stay home and use magic xrafting feats. Additionaly Uidon had a feat that reduces crafting times by 25%... So first thing -
Dedicated Wright (Eberron Campaign Setting pg 285)
Exceptional Artisan (Eberron Vampaign setting pg 52)

While Uidon stays and works... Sneaky types could possibly gather some info on the lumbet camp? Uidon still wants to kidnap a guard, because he is a jerk.

Thoughts?

esorscher
2012-07-12, 12:53 PM
Here you go: Elkal (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=60915) Feel free to offer advice. He has low level battlefield control and high level damage dealing spells.

Elkal's crafter can craft: 2 longswords (1 every 2 days), 270 arrows (20 every .5 days), 8 light wooden shields (1 every .75 days), 4 heavy wooden shields (1 every 1.5 days); feel free to check me on that--10 ranks and +3 ability modifier (reduced because of ability damage)

IC post coming

zagan
2012-07-12, 03:21 PM
Sorry for the low number of post this week.

Anyway I vote for option A in priority, plus fortifiying the tower. Also I love the idea of training animal to help us, well Xilef love the idea.

As for magic item for me apart from those already mentionned in the list for Beshoren they are probably too pricyy at the moment. Dedicated wright are an excellent idea.

Crafty Cultist
2012-07-12, 04:24 PM
Korin has access to a vestige that lets him turn invisible, so he could probably help with the scouting.

Beschoren
2012-07-12, 07:27 PM
woah, lot's of responses! good! getting things together:

Remember that the tower goes underground!, the "outside" area is a large ruined room with a ruined roof. it has a set o stairs that leads to the dungeon...

Remember that the logging camp is far you will need 8 hours marching to get there

day 13: you arrive at the tower and free elkal
day 14: had nightmare. you went to the camp and brought back all your goods
day 15 (current time): ability damage recovered. PCs do different stuff:

Uidon summons a magical crafter, crafts equipment
Korin prepares a pit and a gate (I assume he also works repairing parts of the topside ruins)
Seanon craft magic wepons and armor (needs masterwork itens - at least the mitrill greatsowrd can be worked)
Elkal summons a magical crafter, goes scouting the immediate area
Xilef goes scouting the immediate area, forages for food while doing so
Nova inspires competence on all the crafters (he's like a radio at the office)
(is that right?)
The followers shall split between helping Korin (5 followers) and Uidon (4 followers). Uidon recives a series of aid another (DC 10). i think we have no much choice but make the crafting rolls per day, since a whole week stationary is a bit too long (considering you still have to raid the logging camp)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

I have no knoledge of hole-digging rules... lets say Korin's team can dig a 4 "cubic squares" per day (like a 5x10 feet hole, 10 feet deep)

These tasks take about only 8 hours. The rest of the day you can rest and read the wizzard's archive.

actual looging camp scouting should occurr after basic fortifications have been set by Korin.

esorscher
2012-07-12, 07:44 PM
Elkal has mwk artisan's tools that Seanon can use.

Beschoren
2012-07-12, 07:54 PM
Elkal has mwk artisan's tools that Seanon can use.

there was another one in the tower, so we have 2 MW tools.

just how many magical crafters can Uidon and Elkal summon?

Duncfoo
2012-07-13, 03:54 PM
Uidon will produce 6 in a day he doesn't leave the tower. 4 2nd level slots, 2 3rd level. Each one last a week. With Elkal adding some we can have some crazy crafting and assist rolls made.

Edit: Anyone got any clever way to can get a nice fat Pottery check? I need one (DC 16) to make my Dedicated Wight.

Crafty Cultist
2012-07-13, 05:50 PM
Aid another seems like the way to go

esorscher
2012-07-13, 06:34 PM
So, Elkal can craft Unseen Crafter 7 times just using his 2nd level spell slots. Each of them would last seven days, with the aforementioned +14 to craft. Thought that was worth mentioning. I have no problem casting them all to give us an edge on crafting, spend the day at the tower, then scout around in the morning.

Beschoren
2012-07-13, 07:41 PM
considering the current day
Well, so we have 13 unseen crafters and Uidon. Don't forget that the unseen crafter dissipates after it has finihsed it's work.

wich equipment each crafter and uidon will try to build? Uidon still have to finish the "masterwork portion" of the wurmskin armor

seanon and xilef don't use wepons. Uidon and Korin found their wepons in the tower. Elkal and Nova need MW wepons.

to make a (masterwork) wepons used by followers:

shortspear: 100 cp. weponsmith DC 12.
1 - make a craft check.
2 - if you beat DC 12, multiply the result by the DC
3 - the result x DC will be your progress, in copper pieces
4 - once your progress reaches the iten's cost (100 cp), it is completed!

longspear: 500 cp. weponsmith DC 12.
1 - make a craft check.
2 - if you beat DC 12, multiply the result by the DC
4 - once your progress reaches the iten's cost (500 cp), it is completed!

mighty (+2) composite longbow: 30.000 cp. weponsmith DC 19.
1 - make a craft check.
2 - if you beat DC 19, multiply the result by the DC
4 - once your progress reaches the iten's cost (30.000 cp), it is completed!
! - if you fail by 4 or less you made no progress that day. if you fail by 5 or more, you ruin half the raw materials (15000 cp or 150 gp)

5 - now you must make the check for the masterwork portion of the iten

masterwork component: 30.000 cp. weponsmith DC 20.
1 - make a craft check.
2 - if you beat DC 20, multiply the result by the DC.
4 - once your progress reachs the iten's cost (30.000 cp), it is completed!
! - if you fail by 4 or less you made no progress that day. if you fail by 5 or more, you ruin half the raw materials (15000 cp or 150 gp)

to make a (masterwork) armor (I think eveyrone uses chain shirts in the party):

chain shirt: 10.000 cp. armorsmith DC 14.
1 - make a craft check.
2 - if you beat DC 14, multiply the result by the DC
4 - once your progress reaches the iten's cost (10.000 cp), it is completed!

full plate: 150.000 cp. armorsmith DC 18.
1 - make a craft check.
2 - if you beat DC 18, multiply the result by the DC
4 - once your progress reaches the iten's cost (150.000 cp), it is completed!

5 - now you must make the check for the masterwork portion of the iten

masterwork component: 15.000 cp. armorsmith DC 20.
1 - make a craft check.
2 - if you beat DC 20, multiply the result by the DC.
4 - once your progress reachs the iten's cost (30.000 cp), it is completed!
! - if you fail by 4 or less you made no progress that day. if you fail by 5 or more, you ruin half the raw materials (7500 cp or 75 gp)

Esorcher: craft (wepons) and craft (armor) are different skills... I didn't realize you were putting them both as a single thing. you must separate that skill and may reallocate any skill points you want.

Duncfoo
2012-07-13, 09:10 PM
Which Masterwork weapons do you guys want?

Also; after Uidon makes his Dedicated Wright he will get back to work on the Wurmskin Armor. Which also... I'll have all the Unseen Crafters assist with the craft pottery check. for the first day.

Our goal is to have weapons and items for the release followers and some masterwork equipment to enchant. So we just need to have the Unseen Servants go into mass production mode. Beschoren are you sure they dissipate when they finish a task? I can't even find what page Unseen Crafter is on now...

I say we have Seanon get the Mithrial Great Sword +1 and have Korin start lopping heads with it.

Should we keep the Lancers with Longspears or upgrade them to a Martial Reach weapon? Extra Fact: The Long Spear is my favorite weapon; cheap, many abilities, simple.

What about the Skirmishers, Keep with short spears or upgrade to something like Tridents? Somehow that is the best throwing weapon upgrade for the skirmishers... The Martial skirmishing options are not that great!

esorscher
2012-07-13, 09:24 PM
i dont understand about the unseen crafters. Why can't we have them work by the week if they dissipate when they are done with their work and will last for a week / casting.

Duncfoo
2012-07-13, 09:59 PM
Dedicated Wright Assist Gooo!
Udion Craft Roll (Pottery)
[roll0]

Unseen Crafters Aid:
[roll1] vs DC 10 +2 to Previous Roll
[roll2] vs DC 10 +2 to Previous Roll
[roll3] vs DC 10 +2 to Previous Roll
[roll4] vs DC 10 +2 to Previous Roll
[roll5] vs DC 10 +2 to Previous Roll
[roll6] vs DC 10 +2 to Previous Roll

Reading this thing, actually how long does it take to make? I think its 2 days, and 160 xp cost (eating up my craft reserve...). + 2100gp of crafting materials.
Beschoren, are we handling XP cost as normal and can we use some of the gems we found a while back as some the craft cost?

esorscher
2012-07-13, 10:03 PM
My bow is actually already masterwork, but I don't have a melee weapon of any kind. I suppose a shortsword would be suitable, though if my character gets into melee I'm doing something wrong.

Should I (and my army of unseen crafters) go with weapons, armor, or another thing? I'm leaning toward armor or bowsmithing

EDIT as for battle tactics, I propose a formation like this:
0 (enemy square)
A
B
PCs
C

Where A is a line of shortspears, B is a line of longspears, and C is short bows. A engages the enemy in 0, B can also attack the same enemy through A's square. Every soldier should have a shortspear and a longspear just in case the man in front of them dies. C's ranged attacks will force the enemy to attack us or retreat--if they just stand there, so do we and they die. A and B ready against charge, break the front line, then just stab away (with our buffs like Prayer, Mass snake's swiftness, Mass enlarge person, Mass bull's strength, eventually) PCs are free to move about as they desire--Elkal will be flying and shooting his bow/ throwing fireballs.

Duncfoo
2012-07-13, 10:07 PM
Go for Armor, next level I'll be able to train away my armor into Weapons and we can have our unseen crafters and Dedicated Wright be able to produce items while we go adventure... then we don't hole up forever and soon break the spine of the evil empire with our own stamped and trademarked weapons and armor.

esorscher
2012-07-13, 10:08 PM
Do we have bowmaking covered? If not I'll take that; it would fit with my character.

Beschoren
2012-07-13, 10:25 PM
i dont understand about the unseen crafters. Why can't we have them work by the week if they dissipate when they are done with their work and will last for a week / casting.

Well we could have them for week if that is easier. I just figured that the PC crafting would work out better by day rather then week because of time constrains.

Do we have bowmaking covered? If not I'll take that; it would fit with my character.

keep it the same as weponsmithing. no need to complicate crafting any further!

Beschoren, are we handling XP cost as normal and can we use some of the gems we found a while back as some the craft cost?

yes and yes

Duncfoo
2012-07-13, 10:25 PM
Nope. Craft (Bowmaking) has no adherents. That does fit even better.

esorscher
2012-07-13, 10:29 PM
Ok. I'll take weaponsmithing (but for fluff I'll focus on bows)

How does enchanting masterwork items to become magic items work? basically, can I craft a masterwork bow and give it to Seanon to enchant (with his XP :smallwink:)?

esorscher
2012-07-13, 10:43 PM
Elkal's seven Unseen crafters craft javelins (DC 12) (by the week--that way I don't have to give them new orders each day and they can work while I am away.) They can't finish a shortbow/ week, yet.

Craft (Weaponsmithing) Take 10 +14 =24
24 x 12 = 288/ 10sp = 28 javelins/ week. (the craft entry says "If the result × the DC equals double or triple the price of the item in silver pieces, then you’ve completed the task in one-half or one-third of the time. Other multiples of the DC reduce the time in the same manner." I'm not sure how to interpret that--i think that it takes .25 days for a crafter to craft a javelin, so 4 javelins/ day. I'm fine with either of those figures: 4/day or 28/week. perhaps its an assembly line process so none are completed until all are completed, or perhaps the crafter crafts javelins one at a time and finishes four in one day.)

So 28 javelins/week/crafter x 7 crafters = 196 javelins from Elkal's crafters for the week (or 28 each day). That should give our C unit an effective ranged attack, but it won't be infinite. Next level my crafters will be able to create one shortbow/ week

zagan
2012-07-14, 11:29 AM
A few question for Beshoren:

If I cast lesser vigor using my rod of extend does it also double the normal maximum of 15 rounds ? (RaW I don't think so but it would be logical, let me know what you decid.)

I've just discovered the Earthfast spell in the spell compendium it double the hit points and increase the hardness of a stone structure to 10. 25 cubic ft/level (175 for me). It should be enough for our tower and its instantaneous. Could you consider that I've cast it the day we moved our camp ?

And for the other player:

Do any of you have a way to summon or control a creature (prefebly something small and flying) for a long period ?
I'm asking because Ive just realise that I got acces to chain of eyes that allow me to see through the eyes of a creature for 1 hour per level (and I can switch creature when it come into contact with another) It woudl remove the need for us to scout ourselves.

esorscher
2012-07-14, 11:37 AM
Sadly the only way i have of summoning creatures is from the Bag of Tricks, which would not last long enough for us to scout.

I wonder if we could lure some birds to us somehow.

Duncfoo
2012-07-14, 02:37 PM
Zagan I love all the nature spells Xilef is using. Druids have a bunch of fun stuff to play with

I can have my crafters produce Armor or Shields to start. Heavy wooden shields and leather armor? Or I can put them to work making Long Spears?

esorscher
2012-07-14, 02:47 PM
My vote is for longspears first.

Beschoren
2012-07-14, 03:06 PM
A few question for Beshoren:

If I cast lesser vigor using my rod of extend does it also double the normal maximum of 15 rounds ? (RaW I don't think so but it would be logical, let me know what you decid.)

I've just discovered the Earthfast spell in the spell compendium it double the hit points and increase the hardness of a stone structure to 10. 25 cubic ft/level (175 for me). It should be enough for our tower and its instantaneous. Could you consider that I've cast it the day we moved our camp ?

no, you can't extend it beyound the maximum despite metamagic

yes we can consider you did, it should reinceforce the walls and prevent them from easely crumbling due to a siege, abnormal weather or whatever. You could cast it inside the tower to reinforce the walls, but obviously, it should take a while (like, casting every day for a month or so)

ok, so we are going another day:

Elkal/Xilef: scouting
Uidon/unseen crafters: crafting
Korin: traps and gates
Nova: inspires competence to works inside the tower / reads trought archive
Seanon: finishes the +1 greatsword

Craft: if you want to check on rules for trapmaking, just let me know. Otherwise I'm assuming you and your helpers build a CR2 trap per day, or increase the CR of an existing trap by 2

esorscher
2012-07-14, 03:14 PM
Sounds good. We are scouting in the unexplored area west of the tower (on the map in the resources thread) Are my crafters finishing 28 javelins/ day or 196 javelins/ week?

Crafty Cultist
2012-07-14, 09:31 PM
Once the pit is about 40ft deep I'd like to make some wooden spears to stick into the bottom. Then I'd like to see what I can do about an escape tunnel.

Would it be possible to take a few stones out of one of the walls on the lower level, then dig a tunnel through the earth on the other side?

Beschoren
2012-07-15, 10:19 PM
I "offered" a tiger and a wolf as animal companions, but all Elkal and XIlef need to do to get animal companions is the 24h ritual. after the ritual the desiared animal will just show up at the tower.

Once the pit is about 40ft deep I'd like to make some wooden spears to stick into the bottom. Then I'd like to see what I can do about an escape tunnel.

Would it be possible to take a few stones out of one of the walls on the lower level, then dig a tunnel through the earth on the other side?

digging a tunnel will be tricky. Remember the tower goes 4 floors straight down, so it's a big tunnel. Xilef's magic might be more effective (and safer) the doing it by hand.

I supose that after the trap you might want to work on a gate. 1 day working on it will give you a very strong wooden door, with a good lock. You could make several doors on a sequence. Making a stone door with moving parts will take 1 week.

I was reading rules on trapbuilding and discovered there are lots of them. You don't actually has ranks on craft (trapmaking) but lets ignore that for now. I'll have to limit you to a single CR 3 trap (trapmaking DC 20). If you want to make more or more powerfull traps, you will have to take the ranks in craft (trapmaking) and make all the roles using the rules. If you just found out you are crazy about traps and want nice ones right away I'll let you change your skill points as you wish.

Sounds good. We are scouting in the unexplored area west of the tower (on the map in the resources thread) Are my crafters finishing 28 javelins/ day or 196 javelins/ week?

28/day, but you must cast the spell every day. the crafters will last for a week if you give them a more sophisticated task.

esorscher
2012-07-15, 10:25 PM
Why do I have to cast the spells daily? The duration is of the spell is 1 day/ level.

Beschoren
2012-07-15, 11:17 PM
Why do I have to cast the spells daily? The duration is of the spell is 1 day/ level.

UNSEEN CRAFTER

Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Artificer 2, bard 2, cleric
2, magewright 2*, sorcerer/
wizard 2
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: One invisible, mindless,
shapeless servant
Duration: 1 day/level (D)
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No
This spell functions as unseen
servant, except that the unseen
crafter can be assigned any one
task that can be accomplished by
the use of the Craft skill. Appropriate
tools and materials must
be provided for the unseen crafter;
it makes Craft checks using your
ranks in the skill plus your bonus
for the relevant spellcasting ability
(Intelligence for artificers,
wizards, and magewrights, Charisma
for bards and sorcerers, and
Wisdom for clerics).
An unseen crafter can take 10
or attempt to work more quickly
(as described in the Craft skill
description, page 70 of the Player’s
Handbook), but this must be
part of the command it is given
when the spell is cast. Once the
unseen crafter has completed the
assigned task, the spell ends as
if dismissed. If the unseen crafter
leaves work undone, any creature
or another unseen crafter can continue
it.
Special: When the unseen crafter
is commanded to repair a warforged,
it receives a +10 bonus on
its Craft check.
*The magewright NPC class
is described on page 256 of the
EBERRON Campaign Setting.

my point is that after he completes the one task - crafting a javelin - the spell ends. Ok nevermind. It lasts for a week. I tried seraching more rules/errata for it but it seems that the crafters are used to make money afterall (kind of makes sense in-world). Still, I rather count the progress by day.

Crafty Cultist
2012-07-15, 11:28 PM
digging a tunnel will be tricky. Remember the tower goes 4 floors straight down, so it's a big tunnel. Xilef's magic might be more effective (and safer) the doing it by hand.

Good Point. We can work on that later.

I supose that after the trap you might want to work on a gate. 1 day working on it will give you a very strong wooden door, with a good lock. You could make several doors on a sequence. Making a stone door with moving parts will take 1 week.

I wooden gate sounds good, Probably in the form of a drawbridge ove the pit. The others have probably gotten tired of manaeuvering around a big hole in front of the tower.

I was reading rules on trapbuilding and discovered there are lots of them. You don't actually has ranks on craft (trapmaking) but lets ignore that for now. I'll have to limit you to a single CR 3 trap (trapmaking DC 20). If you want to make more or more powerfull traps, you will have to take the ranks in craft (trapmaking) and make all the roles using the rules. If you just found out you are crazy about traps and want nice ones right away I'll let you change your skill points as you wish.

I'll take you up on this. Korin had ranks in craft(weaponsmithing), but since there are other people with that skill, Korin's going to be unique and different by being the guy who thinks everything goes better with some spiked implements of death.:smallbiggrin:

Regarding the pit at the entrance though, that's less of a trap and more of a moat filled with pointy things rather than water

Beschoren
2012-07-15, 11:38 PM
I'll take you up on this. Korin had ranks in craft(weaponsmithing), but since there are other people with that skill, Korin's going to be unique and different by being the guy who thinks everything goes better with some spiked implements of death.:smallbiggrin:

Regarding the pit at the entrance though, that's less of a trap and more of a moat filled with pointy things rather than water

Good! If we keep playing this game long enought you will have many outposts and places to trap.
Don't forget to add +2 on your check due to Nova's inspire comeptence.
Make aid another rolls from the followers as needed (modifier +0)
Since you came from a minig complex, you ahve enought tools to dig holes, but not masterwork ones (you're not using improvised or masterwork tools to build pit traps.)
don't forget you can make your custom traps rather then only those of the list.

Crafty Cultist
2012-07-16, 12:14 AM
I actually had an idea for a defensive addition that can be build onto the floor.

It looks like a 5ft section that is elevated slightly, kind of like a small wooden speedbump, with small ramps on either side then a level surface. When a level is pulled, the level section rises up, revealing a row of wooden spikes. The previously level section serves as a low wall and can be used for cover, while anyone moving more than half their speed through the spikes is attacked, kind of like a fraise from heroes of battle(1d4 attacks as spears, counts as set against a charge).

A few of those at critical choke points could be invaluable.

Beschoren
2012-07-16, 08:34 AM
Reading this thing, actually how long does it take to make? I think its 2 days, and 160 xp cost (eating up my craft reserve...). + 2100gp of crafting materials.

Crafting the body will be like a 100 gp (10.000 cp) iten... let me roll the next aid another checks of the 2º work day

Uidon DC 14 [roll0] (+12 aid another, +2 inspire competence) = 19

DC 10
Followers
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

unseen crafters
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
progress in the 1º day: 406 cp
progress on the 2º day: 266 cp

I actually had an idea for a defensive addition that can be build onto the floor.

It looks like a 5ft section that is elevated slightly, kind of like a small wooden speedbump, with small ramps on either side then a level surface. When a level is pulled, the level section rises up, revealing a row of wooden spikes. The previously level section serves as a low wall and can be used for cover, while anyone moving more than half their speed through the spikes is attacked, kind of like a fraise from heroes of battle(1d4 attacks as spears, counts as set against a charge).

A few of those at critical choke points could be invaluable.

I tried hard to imagine this but failed. Is it a defender-activated spike trap in front of a barricade? The speedbump analogy eludes me

all players: do you want to fast-forward several days, now that basic scouting is done? if we go 6 more days Seanon can finish the +2 equivalent greatsowrd. We get more itens done in less posts. Thus we get:

Xilef: 1 day getting animal companion, 5 days getting food
Elkal: 1 day getting animal companion, 5 days crafting
Uidon: 6 days crafting
Korin: 6 days building traps
seanon: 6 days crafting magic itens
Nova: 6 days inspiring competece on all craft checks, reading archive.

Chimaera
2012-07-16, 08:59 AM
I guess all Nova will do is being the radio and reading stuff, so I guess we can fast-foward to make things go quicker.

esorscher
2012-07-16, 09:09 AM
I approve of the time-skipping.

Duncfoo
2012-07-16, 01:23 PM
Alright; I'll have the Unseen Crafters start with long spears for this moment and we'll go to leather armor after. Using 1 week crafting rules...

Long Spear = 5 gp = 50 sp

Craft DC = 12 +10 Increase for quick Crafting = 22 DC

Unseen Crafters Assist x5 = Auto Succeed (+12 Weapon Smithing) = + 10 Craft Check
Primary Unseen Crafter Roll: [roll0]

(27x22) /50 = 11.9 Long Spears in a Week

This does not include Uidon working on this. He is going to make the Dedicated Wight then finish the Wurm Leather armor.

We produce 11.9 Long spears in a week. Now if only they had rolled better than a 5...

I also very approve of time skipping. We are all having fun preparing for assaults so no need to get to granular yet...

Crafty Cultist
2012-07-16, 01:56 PM
I tried hard to imagine this but failed. Is it a defender-activated spike trap in front of a barricade? The speedbump analogy eludes me

The speed bump is mainly because the section would be raised slightly to to fit the mechanism. It's not really a trap so much as a defensive feature that can be activated to deter attackers.

esorscher
2012-07-16, 02:25 PM
So it occurs to me that each day Elkal could expend his 7 2nd level spell slots and create more crafters. Similarly the others could do so. I'm not a mathematicians but here's what I calculated would happen (not counting the crafters currently in play, and having crafters craft javelins at a rate of 4/day

Day 1: 7 crafters = 28 javelins
Day 2: 14 crafters = 56 javelins
Day 3: 21 crafters = 84 javelins
Day 4: 28 crafters = 112 javelins
Day 5: 35 crafters = 140 javelins
Day 6: 42 crafters = 168 javelins
Day 7: 49 crafters = 196 javelins
At this point the crafters from Day 1 expire but are replaced by the crafters from day 8, and so on for as long as Elkal keeps casting. If we were to time skip further this is what Elkal would do. As it is for each day we spend crafting I'll have him cast the spell again- so at the end of the week we should have an additional 28+56+84+112+140 javelins on top of the 196 the first crafters will be producing. Then we'll continue to get javelins for the next 7 days in the amount of 140+112+84+56+28 for the next 6 days.

So to sum up: at the end of this week we'll have the 196 javelins as planned originally, and 420 additionally, because Elkal is crafting instead of scouting. In theory he could could sit on his thumbs after casting the spells, but he'll direct the unseen crafters to give him something to do.

zagan
2012-07-16, 03:01 PM
* Xilef and Elkal may perform the 24-hour duration rite of animal companion to get these 2 creatures as animal companions. the adult female tiger is a typical tiger, while the cub can be treated like a wolf for statistics.

:smallfrown:
I would love to take the tiger but sadly I can't, I trade my animal companion class feature for the beast spirit shifter druid class features. If beshoren is willing to let me get it for free I'll accept of course but I doub't it.
I'm willing to trade other class feature for it, like (even all if request it) spontaneous summon nature ally, woodland stride, resist nature lure (well the equivalent I trade it too), trap sense, uncanny dodge and imp uncanny dodge. Perhaps even taking an additional flaw without feat.
I was thinking of picking up the wild cohort feat at some point but it lack share spell ability and without it I think that the companion would be too weak to survive long.

Elkal turns to Xilef. "You take the tiger, I'll take the wolf."

It's not a tiger and a wolf but a tiger and a tiger cub (using wolf stats).

esorscher
2012-07-16, 03:17 PM
Fixed that IC. I also can't take the cub yet as I am only a L3 ranger.

Crafty Cultist
2012-07-16, 04:49 PM
With Xilef's magic, you could probably still try to tame it. Just train it to serve as a guard dog until you're able to make it your companion

esorscher
2012-07-16, 04:49 PM
Ok, that sounds good.

Beschoren
2012-07-16, 05:15 PM
Day 1: 7 crafters = 28 javelins
Day 2: 14 crafters = 56 javelins
Day 3: 21 crafters = 84 javelins
Day 4: 28 crafters = 112 javelins
Day 5: 35 crafters = 140 javelins
Day 6: 42 crafters = 168 javelins
Day 7: 49 crafters = 196 javelins

hum, no. I'm making a new rule: you can only control a number of unseen crafter equal to your caster level. Having so many crafters at once could easely be abused by players, so I'll just forbid it. If one day you manage to sieze a real workshop, to arm a true army, we might re-think that. 196 javalins per week is good enought.

:smallfrown:
I would love to take the tiger but sadly I can't, I trade my animal companion class feature for the beast spirit shifter druid class features. If beshoren is willing to let me get it for free I'll accept of course but I doub't it.
I'm willing to trade other class feature for it, like (even all if request it) spontaneous summon nature ally, woodland stride, resist nature lure (well the equivalent I trade it too), trap sense, uncanny dodge and imp uncanny dodge. Perhaps even taking an additional flaw without feat.
I was thinking of picking up the wild cohort feat at some point but it lack share spell ability and without it I think that the companion would be too weak to survive long.

Magical charms and animal empathy are allowed. you can get animal companion throught other classes or stuff like that.

esorscher
2012-07-16, 08:43 PM
For now, until we can get the tigers as animal companions, lets use them in another pit trap? Feed them of course, and I'll do my handle animal checks to train them for the time being.

zagan
2012-07-17, 02:27 PM
Magical charms and animal empathy are allowed. you can get animal companion throught other classes or stuff like that.

Yeah okay, wild cohort probably then. Would you allow me me a homebrew feat based on wild cohort that grant the share spell ability to the companion ? (way into the futur level 12/15 something like that).

Duncfoo
2012-07-17, 05:40 PM
hum, no. I'm making a new rule: you can only control a number of unseen crafter equal to your caster level. Having so many crafters at once could easely be abused by players, so I'll just forbid it. If one day you manage to sieze a real workshop, to arm a true army, we might re-think that. 196 javalins per week is good enought.

I like this change. Unseen Crafter can break an economy!

Chimaera
2012-07-17, 05:55 PM
Making something clear: Song of Recklessness allow you to trade AC for bonus on attack, not damage (but with power attack you can do it)

Duncfoo
2012-07-17, 07:30 PM
Chaemra thank you for that. I was think it was a trade for damage. It seems a poor synergy with the combat expertise feat needed for the class. Class Designers! sheesh.

EDIT: But it totally makes me want to pick up Shock Trooper and just spazz around charging everything into paste, with no AC.

Chimaera
2012-07-17, 08:05 PM
If i had more levels of arcane caster i would get the Arcane Strike feat, then use Divine Might, Arcane Strike, Reckless Offense and Power Attack to dismember everything around. The problem is when peopl survive the assault haha

Beschoren
2012-07-17, 08:22 PM
Okey! Innitiatives!

Xilef[roll0]
Elkal[roll1]
Nova[roll2]
Uidon [roll3]
Korin [roll4]

??? [roll5]

Duncfoo
2012-07-18, 01:23 AM
Form a line of pure carnage perhaps? I couldn't resist a good charge. Also, did Nova include the damage bonus from Uidon's stance? That is +7 damage to charges for everyone within 60'

Chimaera
2012-07-18, 01:26 PM
I forgot this +7 damage bonus.
I'll edit there and put a note of this bonus.

zagan
2012-07-18, 02:06 PM
Beshoren: I don't see the tiger I summoned on the map ? And can I act ? (seeing that I rolled the same as the monster on init) And for the init this you take into account that Korin, Nova and Xilef have a +2 enchantment bonus to Dex because of Korin spell.

Beschoren
2012-07-18, 02:23 PM
Beshoren: I don't see the tiger I summoned on the map ? And can I act ? (seeing that I rolled the same as the monster on init) And for the init this you take into account that Korin, Nova and Xilef have a +2 enchantment bonus to Dex because of Korin spell.

Oh sorry, i forgot about the tiger. you can consider he appeared on the spot you originaly intented him to appear. yes you can act before the mosnters - you initiative modifier is higher.

zagan
2012-07-18, 03:32 PM
Oh sorry, i forgot about the tiger. you can consider he appeared on the spot you originaly intented him to appear. yes you can act before the mosnters - you initiative modifier is higher.

Okay thanks, I'll post IC tomorow. (don't have time right now sorry).

Beschoren
2012-07-19, 12:01 PM
While we wait for Zanga here's the outcome so far:

Elkal's smoke blocks sight but dosen't seem to affect the creature's disposition
Nova and Uidon hit. The creature is very damaged (under 50% hp)
Xilef still has space to charge the large-sized creature Uidon and Nova attacked.
Seanon will cast shield of faith on Korin

zagan
2012-07-19, 12:12 PM
While we wait for Zanga here's the outcome so far:

Elkal's smoke blocks sight but dosen't seem to affect the creature's disposition
Nova and Uidon hit. The creature is very damaged (under 50% hp)
Xilef still has space to charge the large-sized creature Uidon and Nova attacked.
Seanon will cast shield of faith on Korin

In that case it's probably dead now and I still need to roll to confirm two crit:

Haste unarmed strike:
Confirm: [roll0] // Bonus Dmg: [roll1]

Claw1:
Confirm: [roll2] // Bonus Dmg: [roll3]

Beschoren
2012-07-19, 02:02 PM
The big mosnter was overkilled

crit vs tiger: [roll0], extra damge [roll1]

zagan
2012-07-19, 03:13 PM
Ah the tiger died, I hoped for more use from him, ha well he as taken three attack including a crit instead of us so there's that.

Note to self: Give image to beshoren before summoning anything.
Here's a tiger: http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/881912tiger.gif (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=881912tiger.gif)
(useless for this fight but perhaps you'll get to use it again sometime, if only to represent the tigress now living with us)

Duncfoo
2012-07-19, 03:19 PM
Ah the tiger died, I hoped for more use from him, ha well he as taken three attack including a crit instead of us so there's that.

Note to self: Give image to beshoren before summoning anything.
Here's a tiger: http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/881912tiger.gif (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=881912tiger.gif)
(useless for this fight but perhaps you'll get to use it again sometime, if only to represent the tigress now living with us)

I loled when I saw his Tiget. Hobbes is a killet beast.

Beschoren: Unless that spell ignores Spell Resistance, homeboy needs to make a caster level check to beat my SR 15. I will post regardless.

Beschoren
2012-07-19, 03:30 PM
I loled when I saw his Tiget. Hobbes is a killet beast.

Beschoren: Unless that spell ignores Spell Resistance, homeboy needs to make a caster level check to beat my SR 15. I will post regardless.

Besides being a ferocious predator, Hobbes will help you with homework and discuss phylosohpy. No tiger can be better than that.

Oh, you have SR? nice!
[roll0] DC 18

esorscher
2012-07-19, 03:37 PM
Hobbes is awesome, I vote using him in the future :)

Messed up damage roll: [roll0]+[roll1]+4. (10)

If anyone wants to switch places with anyone else (to give someone another charge+full-attack) just holler at yo' boy Elkal. Benign transposition is on his spell list.

zagan
2012-07-19, 04:05 PM
Two more critcial threat !

Hasted Unarmed Strike:
Confirm: [roll0] // Dmg: [roll1]

Claw 2:
Confirm: [roll2] // Dmg: [roll3]

Duncfoo
2012-07-19, 07:06 PM
Beschoren - My armor has 3 Properties right now from my 1st round of buffs: Acidic, Displacement (Not yet activated), Spell Resistance (15)... And it seems like SR worked! Mwa hahaha... My defensive plans are win.

Esorcher - Did you include the +2 Damage from your Composite portion of your longbow? And Prayer!

Zagan - Crit Hog!

esorscher
2012-07-19, 07:25 PM
No, I didn't, thanks Duncfoo! Edited.

Crafty Cultist
2012-07-19, 08:49 PM
Just realised I forgot my fortitude save after passing through the wall of smoke.

fort save[roll0]

Beschoren
2012-07-20, 11:29 AM
Nova has run out of targets as the other kill everyone around him. I'll (quickly) catch up with chimera on facebook to change his actions.

Elkal damage is not considering Inspire courage bonus. I'll add that. bad guy concentration vs being damaged while casting a spell: [roll0](DC 23)

Duncfoo
2012-07-20, 12:11 PM
Yay! Nice caster lock down from Elkal.

esorscher
2012-07-20, 12:19 PM
I can't believe it actually worked! I have trouble remembering all the buffs we have on right now so here is a list of the ones affecting everyone I compiled:

Prayer (+1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks)
Mass Conviction (+2 on saves)
Haste (+1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves.)
Inspire Toughness (+6 HP)
Inspire Recklessness (can make reckless charges)
Inspire Courage +3 (+3 weapon damage)

From which I conclude:
Attack +2
Damage +4
Saves +2 (ref +3)
AC +1

Someone want to check me on that?

Chimaera
2012-07-20, 03:00 PM
I'll post my action again(since i've got nbody to attack)
also, inspire courage gives bonus on attack rolls (morale) and saves vs fear and charms, but note that the inspire reckless allow you to trade AC for bonus on attack roll (morale) so you'll have to make a reckless attack of 4 or higher to gain any bonus at all. Also, I've a Aura of Freedom-or-something, so you guys gain bonus vs compulsions from my aura (the same as the paladin's aura of courage - no books around to tell you how much you gain from it)

Crafty Cultist
2012-07-20, 03:16 PM
I didn't include those in my attacks.

Beschoren
2012-07-20, 09:19 PM
seanon spell list

spells -sorc
6 lv0 detect magic, read magic, light, ghost sound, mage hand, message, prestidigitation

spells -fav soul
6 lv0 Cure minor wounds, create water, light, resistence, guidence, detect poison, mending
7 lv1 Shield of faith, lesser vigor, cure light wounds, obscuring mist, blood wind (close, siwft)

He could use greater slide to move Korin or Uidon 4 squares toward the new attackers (so they can full round).

esorscher
2012-07-20, 09:44 PM
I love fireballs.

Duncfoo
2012-07-21, 12:09 AM
I do too, want me to hit you with a White Raven Tactics and you can do it again?

Also, Maybe have Korin's charge hold until after?

esorscher
2012-07-21, 10:13 AM
Not this turn, but perhaps in the future when we face a large horde of low-level enemies

Beschoren
2012-07-21, 10:22 AM
Esorcher: just you get to roll 10d6 on the fireball if your caster level is 7? it suposed to be a 7d6 fireball

esorscher
2012-07-21, 10:34 AM
Just kidding, used to throwing fireballs with a different character that is higher level.

[roll0]

Duncfoo
2012-07-21, 12:38 PM
Anyway we can know if that fireballs clears out some of those minions?

Beschoren
2012-07-21, 02:29 PM
oh, sure! saves! DC 17

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Only the minion P13, both big mosnters and the armored guy survive the damage of the fireball.

Korin should change his target. If he charges the armored guy he will have to make a save VS the wall of smoke (he will almost run trought it)

Crafty Cultist
2012-07-21, 02:40 PM
Okay, I'll change my target

Fort save vs wall of smoke[roll0]

Duncfoo
2012-07-21, 04:24 PM
Reminder for Chimaera - Nova gets two full turns this round thanks to White Raven Tactics. Give em hell.

Beschoren
2012-07-21, 04:34 PM
Xilef rejoiced when she see all three of her target on the ground and she even cheer when she see Elkal burning a big group of foe at the same time. For her part she charge at the new big guys.

actually both Uidon and a zombie (K5) are on the way, preventing your charge attack. Uidon is still in your way after he lands his charge attack

Seanon could (well, he will) use greater slide to put in a position were you can atually charge

Edit: there's an emoction jsut for that

(>'.')>[email protected] <(x_x<) <(x_x<)

(killing zombies with balls of fire)

zagan
2012-07-21, 04:50 PM
actually both Uidon and a zombie (K5) are on the way, preventing your charge attack. Uidon is still in your way after he lands his charge attack

Seanon could (well, he will) use greater slide to put in a position were you can atually charge

K5 ? But that's behind me ? Are you sure we are using the same map ? (well yours is probably update but still.) And didn't Uidon charge after me ?
Not important, I'll take the greater slide.

Duncfoo
2012-07-22, 12:00 PM
Meant to charge after Xilef. I'm to too concerned with my end position. Just going to help WHACK this big guy with X before destroying the next one.

Beschoren
2012-07-22, 09:45 PM
Meant to charge after Xilef. I'm to too concerned with my end position. Just going to help WHACK this big guy with X before destroying the next one.

Ok with seanon's spell you both charge and all attacs hit. Unfortunately, the large zombie is still standing.

Beschoren
2012-07-23, 07:58 PM
quick mid-turn map update

Xilef drops the big zombie with 4 unarmed strikes and a normal zombie with 2 claws attack. her bite goes to another one.

Korin drops on his AoO and hits all targets with the whirlind attack, droping a normal zombie

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-aHttyePbezY/UA3yqOJtJcI/AAAAAAAAIPA/imxMiCN-8dI/s528/Captura%2520de%2520tela%2520inteira%252023072012%2 520215543.jpg

Duncfoo
2012-07-25, 12:37 AM
New Attack Roll: [roll0]

Beschoren
2012-07-25, 06:18 PM
sooo i was about to post IC (a bit busy this week) when i realized esorscher hadn't posted yet. Tomorrow I'll act for Elkal if he dosen't post.

zagan
2012-07-27, 01:56 PM
Ref save: [roll0]

zagan
2012-07-27, 02:15 PM
Not sure if I can crit on the caster I'll rol to confirm just in case:

Conf: [roll0] // Dmg: [roll1]

Crafty Cultist
2012-07-27, 02:34 PM
Reflex save[roll0]

Beschoren
2012-07-27, 05:16 PM
Reflex save[roll0]

+4 on ref? don't forget mass conviction (+2) and haste (+1)

Crafty Cultist
2012-07-27, 06:09 PM
+4 on ref? don't forget mass conviction (+2) and haste (+1)

Oh. In that case I make the save. Yay!

Beschoren
2012-07-28, 11:10 AM
mid-turn update:
Xilef kills the armored caster and a zombie
Korin hits both strikes. one of the fat zombies is very badly damaged
Nova destroys a zombie and move. He will generate an AoO from the fat zombie (unless it is tripped by seanon, see below)

Seanon should cast grease to lock-down the 2 fat zombies

Waiting on Uidon and Elkal

EDIT: Elkal drops the fat zombie (the one more southward)

Duncfoo
2012-07-29, 05:50 PM
Replying now, sorry I was off camping for a few days.

Beschoren
2012-08-01, 07:36 PM
rolling elk'ls fireball here

[roll0], DC 17 for half ( 14 damage on 7d6? seriously?)

ref

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

zagan
2012-08-02, 02:43 PM
rerolling attack:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Duncfoo
2012-08-02, 06:31 PM
Maybe have Seanon cast Haste or a Sculpted Grease to drop a few skeletons / make a grease wall?

Beschoren
2012-08-02, 07:49 PM
rerolling attack:

[roll0]
[roll1]

sculpt grease, covering your southeastern line. you are too dispersed to make full use of haste

Uidon and Korin's attack combiend drop all those 3 guys next to them

xilef hits only 1 and does not drop the skeleton.

You can'tt really guess what kind of living creature those thigns once were without knowledge (religion) checks. waiting on esorcher

Duncfoo
2012-08-03, 04:55 PM
Rolling Miss chance for big skeleton claw [roll0] DC 51

Did anyone take knowledge skills?

Beschoren
2012-08-03, 05:58 PM
fireball ref
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

zagan
2012-08-05, 03:45 PM
You can'tt really guess what kind of living creature those thigns once were without knowledge (religion) checks. waiting on esorcher

I was just kidding, the sprite make them look like skelettong chtutlu, that's all.

Rolling Miss chance for big skeleton claw [roll0] DC 51

Did anyone take knowledge skills?

Only nature and only mnimum rank to met my Prc prereq.

Crafty Cultist
2012-08-05, 04:32 PM
I have some ranks in knowledge(religion)

Check[roll0]

Beschoren
2012-08-05, 10:04 PM
yay, you got skeleton ogres!

the big zombies were trolls indeed.

Beschoren
2012-08-06, 08:35 PM
Xilef so happens to destroy the damaged skeleton on a single attack

I'll have seanon casting blood wind and making full use of the full round. instead of making her move into the greased area to attack the small zombie, I five foted her away to avoid a full attack form the skeleton (whille hitting him with blood wind)

this way she clear off the entire flank - drops 2 skeletons and a wounded zombie.

I'm quite certain Uidon was NOT seeing were he was going. He's walking right toughr the vicious black flames and into the grease. I'll give myself freedom to change that too into a less dashing advance to J-12 (were he suffers no ill effects and stands side-by-side with Korin)

a few reflex saves vs grese:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Beschoren
2012-08-06, 10:06 PM
concentration check VS Elkal's counter arrow (yes, he hits the boss with a two ¬¬), DC 22 [roll0]

EDIT: well, map might be a little messy. but so is a battlefield filled with undead corpses, right?

the square borwn boxes are ares with grease. there is one tripped undamaged zombie in G10. The big skeleton at F3 is not tripped by grease but did not had time to attack. the black flames figures are black flames - they damage you even in the ground. I belive Elkal is 30' high.
---------------------------

seanon spell list

spells -sorc

spells -fav soul

I think we could have Seanon casting Haste on you people again, but then you all have to be within 30 feet of each other to full effect. Xilef would have to get closer (between line 9 and 4) and Elkal wound have to fly down and west (he's 42 feet away from Nova). Then he could cast energy surge on Korin, Uidon or Elkal as long as they full attack

If that's too complicated he'll sculpt grease into a 20 foot radius brust and trip most of those little zombies.

seanon will expend an action point to emulate the extra spell feat (close wounds) should anyone drop to negatives.

Also, I'm hiding the exact amount of damage the boss has taken with the attacks. bwahahahahhaa.

esorscher
2012-08-07, 10:46 AM
I approve of the Hasting.

Crafty Cultist
2012-08-07, 01:09 PM
Me too. My dance of death lets me attack any enemy I move past, so double speed would make it much more effective.

zagan
2012-08-07, 02:42 PM
I vote for haste too, Xilef will move closer to benefit from it. Her frenzy will end this round so I won't attack immediatly, probably cast a standard action spell. If seanon has something that can negate fatigue it would be great too.

Chimaera
2012-08-07, 05:39 PM
Nova will accept a haste with a smiling face :smallsmile:

Beschoren
2012-08-07, 06:53 PM
ok, I'll trow haste at you then. xilef will have to get closer, as I told before

If Nova takes a five foot step East and Elkal takes a five foot "step" down and West, Elkal can get hit by haste too. Elkal will still be jsut out of reach from the zombie troll.

you can consider haste on yourself on your rolls then

Beschoren
2012-08-08, 10:31 PM
forgot the roll over the necromancer's spell IC

[roll0]

sooo korin hits 11 times, dealing 390 (yes, three hundred and ninety) damage. yay! when he aproeched the necromancer he was forced a will save (I already handled that), and fater striking the necromancer he took some untyped death death evil evil damage.

Seanon could cast prayer once again, cure moderate wounds on someone, or lesser restoration to put Xilef back into fighting shape. next energy surge should go into Elkal to pack more damage per shot (don't forget the extra attacks from ahste and rapid shot stack)

esorscher
2012-08-09, 11:24 AM
Haste gives me an extra attack, right. I'll use my last fireball though.

Beschoren
2012-08-09, 05:53 PM
Haste gives me an extra attack, right. I'll use my last fireball though.

I think you was not actually hit by the negative energy, so your caster level is 7

the defense bonus variant we are using counts like a dodge bonus. so your 5 from defense bonus plus 4 from dex is enought to avoid the ranged touch attack of 17

esorscher
2012-08-10, 08:51 AM
Ok, I'll accept your decision :) add [roll0] to the fireball.

Beschoren
2012-08-13, 09:48 PM
fort DC 16 vs chime: [roll0]

ref DC 17 vs fireball:
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Beschoren
2012-08-13, 10:30 PM
yup, the nearly-defeated mage is not gogin to give xp easely
fumbled troll attack rolls

AoO vs Korin: [roll0]
Attack vs Xilef: [roll1]

If korin is hit by the AoO, Seanon will expend an action point to emulate the extra spell feat and use an immediate action to cast clsoe wounds on Korin, healing him for [roll2] +2 temporary HP
----------
for this turn seanon is grappled but could use his sudden still feat to cast eletric loop on the necromancer and the troll zombie. this might stun the necromancer.

Crafty Cultist
2012-08-13, 10:50 PM
I'm down from the AOO

Beschoren
2012-08-13, 11:35 PM
I'm down from the AOO

are you sure?

If korin is hit by the AoO, Seanon will expend an action point to emulate the extra spell feat and use an immediate action to cast clsoe wounds on Korin, healing him for [roll2] [13]+2 temporary HP

this would keep you in positives allowing you to attack and stuff

since your AoO was quite good, the skeleton is destroyed before it can attack you

Crafty Cultist
2012-08-13, 11:39 PM
are you sure?

this would keep you in positives allowing you to attack and stuff

since your AoO was quite good, the skeleton is destroyed before it can attack you

Didn't notice that. I was hoping there was something that would keep me in the fight

Chimaera
2012-08-14, 06:05 AM
Nova try to resist the grapple:
[roll0]
[roll1]

zagan
2012-08-14, 06:16 AM
Grapple check: (to have a better chance of succes Xilef will spend an action point to emulate the improved grapple feat)
[roll0] (+6 bab, +8 grapple check, +4 IG)
[roll1] (+6 bab, +8 grapple check, +4 IG)

Duncfoo
2012-08-14, 03:27 PM
Woops! I actually wanted to Initiate "Insightful Strike" on that guy with the Battle Fist, no clue why I rolled just an attack. It may not matter, as this caster is getting the full weight of a Dreamer face crushing on him. My maneuvers just are begging to be used.

Can I change my action? If so: Rolls below! (watch me whiff!)
Attack - [roll0], Damage: [roll1]

Beschoren
2012-08-14, 09:39 PM
Yay, contragulations! good fight!

I'm calculation XP from the encoutner. lots of zombies to consider.

As a special reward from surving the dream, you get one of those extraordinary abilities I've just homebrewed. Not so powerfull you will overkill your foes (even further) not not as simple as they are not tasty. Finally most of them increase in level, so they don't fade quickly.

Seanon should take Seriously, I've cheated death, because I don't wanna have the trouble of rising him from the dead if it eventually comes to that.

Duncfoo: it's totally irrelevant now, but you ahd forgotten your grapple checks

EDIT: that's a CR 13 or 14 for you. 3950 XP to each PC

Crafty Cultist
2012-08-14, 09:50 PM
I'll take survivor of the zombie apocalypse.

Also, by my calculations, I ended that fight on exactly 1 hp.

Chimaera
2012-08-15, 07:01 AM
Destroyer of reapers for Nova.

zagan
2012-08-15, 10:48 AM
I'll take "Seriously, I've cheated death" I intend to play Xilef for as long as possible and this may help.
Quick question on that ability: What if you are killed by a poison primary damage ? Do you still risk dieing by the poison secondary damage after being saved by this ability ?
If you offer that sort of ability again can I take it again to make it twice per lifetime ?

Also quick info, from now on Xilef will wear leather armor for the DR. I msread the rule on that an though that wearing armor remove the defense bonus.

Duncfoo
2012-08-15, 01:23 PM
I will go for "Rejector of Nightmares", I like it thematicaly as well as the effect!

Did we just level? That xp smells like a new level.

Chimaera
2012-08-17, 02:35 PM
Before moreencoutners, Nova would be happy to get a masterwork weapon or magic if possible.

Duncfoo
2012-08-17, 07:14 PM
We can direct some of the Invisible Crafers to work on a Masterwork Sword.

We can also have the Homoculus work on making a magic sword for you while we run around destroying saving the countryside. I still want to push for more engagement with the slavers. That part of the story excites me.

I'll be gone from the 23rd to the 3rd. Going to Burningman!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQacfYW6eZQ

Crafty Cultist
2012-08-17, 08:33 PM
I'd like to gain some new recruits as well.

Beschoren
2012-08-18, 09:48 AM
Before moreencoutners, Nova would be happy to get a masterwork weapon or magic if possible.

well that would take quite some time. since we got enought javelins, I'll do the math for all unseen crafters working on a masterwork wepon (2 handed I belive?) with ordinary materials. EDIT: putting all of Uidon's crafters on it (1 builder +6 aid another, +10 DC to build quickly), it will take 4 weeks to build a masterwork greatsword..

I'll take "Seriously, I've cheated death" I intend to play Xilef for as long as possible and this may help.
Quick question on that ability: What if you are killed by a poison primary damage ? Do you still risk dieing by the poison secondary damage after being saved by this ability ?
If you offer that sort of ability again can I take it again to make it twice per lifetime ?

Also quick info, from now on Xilef will wear leather armor for the DR. I msread the rule on that an though that wearing armor remove the defense bonus.

The point of the ability is negating death when it should have accoured. Be that from a damage roll, a spell, or even a forestfire. It's not suposed to be of no help if you're getting digested by a monster.

So yeah, let's agree that once the poison triggers the ability, your ability gets to 1 but donse't drop further form the same poison, so you won't simply die again.

Having this twice per lifetime... might need a wish, miracle, or similar magic. You could gahter the spheres and ask to Mamekuzy's Shen-long thoug :smallbiggrin:

I will go for "Rejector of Nightmares", I like it thematicaly as well as the effect!

Did we just level? That xp smells like a new level.

I think not. The XP from the tower was greatly reduced since you share that with the followers.

--------------

I'm a bit lost on the progress for the humunculus :smallfrown:...

apart form that we got 196 javalins (Elkal's crafters) and 12 longspears (Uidon's crafter) and the +2 greatsword, right? what was Elkal himself crafting?

Duncfoo
2012-08-23, 05:25 AM
Sorry you are lost, but I am out of here until September 3rd. DMPC Uidon until then. Have him brood, make things and stab things.

Beschoren
2012-08-24, 10:40 AM
well, about time we hit that slva camp, right?

I'll prepare evryting I need and fast-forward. I thinking of using the old camp as a temporary base until the scouts have done scouting (witch should last one whole day)

on the other day, you attack. deal?

zagan
2012-08-24, 01:45 PM
no deal. I got an idea for scouting that I think could be great.
I think we have a binder in the team, he he use malphas (I think) he could summon a bird and see through his eyes to scout. In addition if I cast a spell a the bird I will also be able to see through his eyes and even better if the bird touch a creature I can choose view thing from the eyes of that creature.

Crafty Cultist
2012-08-24, 02:30 PM
Malphas also lets me turn invisible, which culd be helpful when scoping out the camp.

Duncfoo
2012-08-24, 03:13 PM
Last post before connection:

Check out "Vanishing" in the MiC. Uidon can do a bunch of those on armors. Along with "Stealth" and other armor / weapon effects. Artificerss can do some great stuff. We can use some Weapon effects before the assault on the longbow ammo... Go banana! I hope I get back for some of the action.

Beschoren
2012-08-24, 05:30 PM
Right, but how/when do you want to actually perform that scouting? from the tower to the lumber camp is an 8 hours walk

a) go straight from the tower to the border of the camp, scout for 1-2h, then attack or fall back, all on day 1

b) pit stop on your old camp on day 1, scout on day 2, attack on day 3

c) something else

zagan
2012-08-26, 11:34 AM
Why would we need to move ? Malphas bird's does not have a range limit and my spell don't either. By flying the bird can be there much faster than us so we don't need to waste time getting closer.

And after that I may try using scrying to learn more depending on how the bird scouting goes.

Beschoren
2012-08-27, 11:52 AM
Why would we need to move ? Malphas bird's does not have a range limit and my spell don't either. By flying the bird can be there much faster than us so we don't need to waste time getting closer.

And after that I may try using scrying to learn more depending on how the bird scouting goes.

perfect then! the bird should arrive even more quickly because he's not limited by difficult terrain (obviously). I'll take a look on the forementioned spells and binder abilities and post IC accordingly.

zagan
2012-08-27, 01:51 PM
Great ! For reference the spell is called chain of eyes and it's in the SPC page 45.

zagan
2012-08-29, 02:55 AM
Wait, wait, stop ! It's not supposed to go like that. Yes we want to observe the camp with the bird but the whole point of me casting chain of eyes is to be able to see thing from inside.

I though it would go like that: (but it probably wasn't clear)
-Bird travel to camp
-Bird observe camp
-Bird land on someone (a guard if possible)
-Xilef use contact to transfer chain one eyes to this someone
-Xilef use chain of eyes to see the working of the camp from the inside. (I don't control the guard, obviously but just seeing him intereact with the other could be a huge help. perhaps seeing area hidden from the sky.)

Beschoren
2012-08-29, 07:55 PM
Wait, wait, stop ! It's not supposed to go like that. Yes we want to observe the camp with the bird but the whole point of me casting chain of eyes is to be able to see thing from inside.

I though it would go like that: (but it probably wasn't clear)
-Bird travel to camp
-Bird observe camp
-Bird land on someone (a guard if possible)
-Xilef use contact to transfer chain one eyes to this someone
-Xilef use chain of eyes to see the working of the camp from the inside. (I don't control the guard, obviously but just seeing him intereact with the other could be a huge help. perhaps seeing area hidden from the sky.)

right, lemme roll the guard's will save and I'll edit with the result

[roll0]

zagan
2012-08-30, 07:25 AM
Great thanks ! Next step, scrying. I'll be posting IC soon.

Beschoren
2012-09-02, 09:48 PM
sorry i've not been posting a lot <o>

mix of stuff has been slowing me down but rest assure that i won't abandon you

zagan
2012-09-03, 01:39 PM
That scrying could have been useful, be we will have to do without. (xilef won't waste another 4th spell slot on it).

I propose we attack at night, going with stealth first and only when the alert is raise going all out. Do we have mean to craft bomb ? (or similar ?).
An other option woul be attack from the air, I'm sure we can all find some way to fly, Xilef wouldn't like it much but it could be effective.

Any other ideas ?

Crafty Cultist
2012-09-03, 02:42 PM
What about a two pronged attack? One group strikes at the slave side of the camp, kills the guards there and free's the slaves, while the other group keeps the rest of the camp busy. Once the camp's slaves have been freed, our troops can lead them to safety while we cover their retreat.

zagan
2012-09-03, 03:33 PM
What about a two pronged attack? One group strikes at the slave side of the camp, kills the guards there and free's the slaves, while the other group keeps the rest of the camp busy. Once the camp's slaves have been freed, our troops can lead them to safety while we cover their retreat.

Not sure I like the idea of separating the party, plus it mean that during the retreat (if we reach that part we must portect the other slaves in addition to ourselves from pursuit.

Still it might be an interesting strategy, perhaps we could combine it with the stealth attack.

Crafty Cultist
2012-09-03, 03:49 PM
Not sure I like the idea of separating the party, plus it mean that during the retreat (if we reach that part we must portect the other slaves in addition to ourselves from pursuit.

Still it might be an interesting strategy, perhaps we could combine it with the stealth attack.

That's part of the point. Attacking both parts of the camp without warning means that neither group will be able to organise themselves. With both sides under attack from the start, neither will be able to come to the other's aid.

Chimaera
2012-09-03, 07:55 PM
I think that it would be ebtter to go all in one group so my songs can be useful to everybody. Also, I've got Invisibility spells that can be useful in stealthy attack, but don't have much level 2 spells (one or two spells only).

I wasn't posting much because Nova is only good in fighting and helping as a radio, but I'm still around :smallbiggrin:

Beschoren
2012-09-03, 08:27 PM
I think that it would be ebtter to go all in one group so my songs can be useful to everybody. Also, I've got Invisibility spells that can be useful in stealthy attack, but don't have much level 2 spells (one or two spells only).

I wasn't posting much because Nova is only good in fighting and helping as a radio, but I'm still around :smallbiggrin:

Seanon also votes for going as a single group to make best use of haste, prayer and mass conviction.

Also, your followers are quite fragile if left unleaded

(if you stirke at night surely all foes and slaves will be on a single spot)

esorscher
2012-09-03, 08:40 PM
I'm fine with splitting the party or not, whatever you all decide. Sorry I've been so absent lately, got a new job though so things should settle down somewhat and I'll be able to post more often.

Duncfoo
2012-09-04, 12:02 PM
Hi everyone. I am back. I had an awesome time. Looks like everyone is putting their powers to use!

Clarifying Questions:
Where do the slave's sleep? In tents, on the ground.
What features are there? Wood Piles, Store Houses, Roads in / out, Walls?
Where is the Ogre's Stump

Information:
~100 Slaves
- Chained @ Ankles in Groups of 3 - 4
- Gathered at West End during day
~30 - 50 Guards + Large Ogre
- Armed w/ Long Spears + Long Bows

Options:
More Scouting / Moving Camp
No matter what we will take 2-3 days to prep for this attack, just moving into place. During that time lets have some more Scrying / Bird + Chain of Eyes. Perhaps land on the Orge?

When we get ourselves staged for attack Elkal can go scout using Vanishing (Enhancement) + Fly + Invisibility to really get a close look in the camp.

Attack @ Night
Advantage - Slaves & Guards in one place, Possibly less armed / armored guards, confusing and destruction?
Disadvantage - Slaves and Guards in one place! We have 1/3 - 1/5th as many troops.

I like this option, because we have a lot of options to increase our chances for a surprise attack. Our troops are much better against sleeping enemies. We can still use some light pincer options, but we don't have to stretch across the entire camp to do it. We don't even have to slaughter the entire camp's guards, if the slaves are in one area we can do some clever stuff to get them into the woods and ambush the guards as they chase into the woods (Using Xilef's undergrowth controlling spells, Fireballs, and what ever crazy else)

Attack @ Day
Advantages: Less Guards to start
Disadvantages: Suprise harder, will lose some slaves (those still in the camp?)

I am not sure about attacking during the day. Unless we decide from more scouting that we just can't handle all the guards.

Split Group
Advantage: Suprises, Ambushes, splitting guards
Disadvantages: Harder to Buff, Assist each other

I think we can split apart some of the troops and a few Dreamers... or maybe just the troops but not by a large amount! Something like 50'-70' max. Even a small pincer or box angle can force the numbers of troops to be less dangerous to us. We now have some Fireballs (mmm), controlling and summoning spells. As Guards mass against the troops, they get the fry! Xilef can charge a few thousand feet leap into groups in seems...

Or we draw them into the forest some if can and ambush them there... if we can figure out how to get the slaves running in groups.

Keep Group Together
Advantage: We are awesome together
Disadvantage: Masses attacks on us

This isn't a bad idea either. We can support the troops, get all the buffs, destroy all the baddies. I am torn between this and splitting and think we can wait for a little more info before deciding...

Conclusion:

I vote more scouting as we prepare to move, a night attack and waiting for more information before deciding on what to do with the group.

zagan
2012-09-04, 02:13 PM
I've just got a very evil idea, that could make this fight much easier. :smallamused:
It is very simple and it work like that:

1st: Xilef use the contagion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/contagion.htm) spell to infect an animal with blinding sickness. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#blindingSickness)

2nd: We take some of that animals blood (as much as we can without killing it, healing it in between if need)

3rd: We put that blood in the water and food supply of the lumber camp, infecting them all because it's an ingested disease.

4th: Because it's not lethal it won't kill any slave (directly but it's possible that a few may be kill by the slavers for weakness)

5th: We wait and prevent anyone from leaving the camp to raise the alarm.

6th: After a few day they are all too weak to do anything and we can come to kill the slaver.

7th: (optional) we heal the slave.

Yeah so okay it's not really an epic way to do it, but it's certainly easier.
What do you all think ?

Crafty Cultist
2012-09-04, 02:19 PM
The slaves will probably fall victim to the disease quicker, since they're probably not as strong as trained soldiers. Given their actions so far, they'll probably kill the slaves as soon as they show symptoms to try and stop it spreading.

Do we have anyone stealthy enough to sneak into the camp undetected? The chance to slit a bunch of guard's throats would make the whole thng a lot easier.

zagan
2012-09-04, 02:35 PM
The slaves will probably fall victim to the disease quicker, since they're probably not as strong as trained soldiers. Given their actions so far, they'll probably kill the slaves as soon as they show symptoms to try and stop it spreading.

I still think it could be a valid idea, perhaps the slaver and slave have a separate food supplies. crappy for the slave and correct for the others.

Do we have anyone stealthy enough to sneak into the camp undetected? The chance to slit a bunch of guard's throats would make the whole thng a lot easier.

Well our previous bard posses invisibility and you can use it too with malphas. Xilef could also use some magic to boost our hide modfier by a fair margin. Sneaking inside should't be a problem as long as we don't do anything too obvious.

Chimaera
2012-09-04, 03:16 PM
Nova's code of conduct will say No to the Contagion plan.
I think the best is a night attack (to protect us from ranged attacks and force the enemies to swarm us. We all got buffed and kill everyone who isn't a slave and then flee.
My Invisibility spell can be used by anyone willing to scout the camp alone.

zagan
2012-09-04, 03:51 PM
Nova's code of conduct will say No to the Contagion plan.

Wait what ? Why not ? It's a non-lethal mean of attack, I though that a Paladin would be all for it. :smallconfused:

Duncfoo
2012-09-04, 05:39 PM
I've just got a very evil idea, that could make this fight much easier. :smallamused:
It is very simple and it work like that:

1st: Xilef use the contagion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/contagion.htm) spell to infect an animal with blinding sickness. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#blindingSickness)

2nd: We take some of that animals blood (as much as we can without killing it, healing it in between if need)

3rd: We put that blood in the water and food supply of the lumber camp, infecting them all because it's an ingested disease.

4th: Because it's not lethal it won't kill any slave (directly but it's possible that a few may be kill by the slavers for weakness)

5th: We wait and prevent anyone from leaving the camp to raise the alarm.

6th: After a few day they are all too weak to do anything and we can come to kill the slaver.

7th: (optional) we heal the slave.

Yeah so okay it's not really an epic way to do it, but it's certainly easier.
What do you all think ?

Mmmm it sounds so good, but I think Paladin's are generally anti disease... and we could possibly saddle ourselves with some diseased slaves which will make the next step harder. If you could sell Nova on it we can do something a little easier... (see below). Is there a way Xilef could talk Nova into it? Uidon might consider it a valid tactic, but would be wary because of hurting the slaves.

I have an armor enhancement ability called "Vanishing" (MiC, pg 15) that I can put on most of us if we want. See the spoiler below for how awesome this ability is. We could set someone up to go into the camp and scout for a separate food supply the day before the attack. For general purposes there are plenty of other effect I can do to just increase someone's Hide & Move Silent Mod (+10 to it)?

Vanishing - +3 Armor Enhacement, Armor or shield
"A suit of armor of shield that property renders you and all your equipment completely imperceptible to other creatures. When you activate you come invisible and inaudible, and you cannot be detecting by any nonmagical sensory method (including scent, hearing, tremorsense, blindsense and the like). Once activated this effect last for 3 minutes or until you attack (as defined by the invisibility spell). Creatures immune to mind-affecting spells and abilities can perceive you normally. The Vanishing Property functions 2 times per day.

Artificers have a lot of options, if given some prep time! I can also add some great control effects for us and the Brothers.

Ectoplasmic Wall (MiC pg. 11) allows someone to turn a shield into a wall. Give this to a few skirmishers and we can corner runners / divide forces.

Blinding and Fearsome - Cheap area control. Again, give this to 1 or 2 Skirmishers or Lancers (Our "Lieutenants") and we have a chance to lock down some of the extra enemies.

Oh, and out Longbow men should get Bane (Human) on their arrows.
The +2 to attack and extra damage will help them shine against the humans in the camp... Unless someone has another good suggestion.

But so far, massed night attack seems like its going to be our thing. I am ok with that.

Chimaera
2012-09-05, 07:25 AM
Even using disease in just the evil soldiers is considered an evil act, if it wasn't it would be like allowing a paladin to poison evil enemies(which looks like a gray guard).

Nova is a symbol of freedom, hope and goodness and if he began using thinks like diseases and poison he would end like an fake hero and would probably lost his powers. Also, if any slavegot sick it would be even worse for Nova's standarts.

So, no for the disease, but yes for the rest.

(A Paladin is the most stubborn character class :smallbiggrin: )

zagan
2012-09-05, 08:36 AM
Even using disease in just the evil soldiers is considered an evil act, if it wasn't it would be like allowing a paladin to poison evil enemies(which looks like a gray guard).

Nova is a symbol of freedom, hope and goodness and if he began using thinks like diseases and poison he would end like an fake hero and would probably lost his powers. Also, if any slavegot sick it would be even worse for Nova's standarts.

So, no for the disease, but yes for the rest.

(A Paladin is the most stubborn character class :smallbiggrin: )

Again, wait what ?
First can you point out in the rule where it's say that disease are evil ? (EDIT: Yes the spell is evil but that concern only the caster, the disease themsleves are not)
Second it's not a lethal disease, it's does str damage and blindness, we can cure it on the slave if they go infect (depending on method we use) and we want to kill the slaver anyway.
And third why are you making the argument in the first place, it's mean to make the fight easier, (menaing that we could save more lives) what's wrong with that ?
I mean yeah there's a roleplaying element of course but you don't need to push it that far.

On another note I'm waiting to hear what our DM think of this plan (rulewise).

Chimaera
2012-09-05, 09:19 AM
Code of Conduct: A paladin of freedom must be of chaotic
good alignment and loses all class abilities if he ever willingly
commits an evil act. Additionally, a paladin of freedom’s code
requires that he respect individual liberty, help those in need
(provided they do not use the help for lawful or evil ends), and
punish those who threaten or curtail personal liberty.

Spreading a disease is an act of evil.
No matter if it was for a greater good, the means to reach the end must be good. I can kill the slavers etc (the punishment for those who threaten liberty etc), but I can't use an evil method to do that.

The plan is good, but Nova won't accept being part of the plan or of a party who use evil to get what they want. That's against his principles.

zagan
2012-09-05, 09:54 AM
Freaking Paladin and their freaking code. This is the first time and my (short) gaming carrer that I face with a problem like that. But I admit that I begin to understand the frustration of those that share a party with a paladin.

I'm sure we can find a solution, ooc you will know of course that we use contangion but in game how does your character know that Xilef commit an evil act, I mean you don't have your detect evil on all time particularly around allies and while I didn't look at your sheet you probably don't have rank in spellcraft to identify the spell anyway.

Also let's look at this code in detail:

Code of Conduct: A paladin of freedom must be of chaotic good alignment and loses all class abilities if he ever willingly commits an evil act.
He won't be doing anything himself, so there we're clear.

Additionally, a paladin of freedom’s code requires that he respect individual liberty,
The disease does no reduce the liberty of anyone.

help those in need (provided they do not use the help for lawful or evil ends),
You wont be helping the slave commit evil act and you don't need to help Xilef or the other with the spreading of the disease they can do that on their own.

and punish those who threaten or curtail personal liberty.
None of us will be curtail the liberty of anyone on the contrary.

Finally I like to remind you that we are facing a hundred against five odds. So yes we are higher level but I don't like those odds.

Chimaera
2012-09-05, 09:58 AM
I'l let Beschoren decide.
But if you do it without Nova's knowledge it won't have problem... unless Nova discover things after, what can be a little disastrous and Nova would probably disband or something. About the odds I think: bring them on! :smallsmile:

zagan
2012-09-05, 10:11 AM
Very well, I've may have found another solution that may be more agreable to a Paladin but it's let reliabe so I'll mention it only if the contagion plan is not approved by the rest of the party or Beshoren.

Beschoren
2012-09-05, 01:59 PM
Contagion: Chimera is right. spreading a desiase, for whatever reason, is an evil act. heck, paladins have a remove desiase class feature! is he aflicts, or though innaction allows someone to be aflicted, by a desiase, then he's violation his code of conduct. if he violates his code of conduct, he will lose his paladin powers.

you could try fooling Nova (rules and DM allow such thing) but once he finds out there will be repercursions. If nova allows such trickery to go unpunished and keeps himself in the party, he will lose his paladin powers.

the conflict itself is intresting and if you are willing to rolepay it it would be nice! wellcome to grey moral choices! Just how far would your PCs go?

zagan
2012-09-05, 02:09 PM
Contagion: Chimera is right. spreading a desiase, for whatever reason, is an evil act. heck, paladins have a remove desiase class feature! is he aflicts, or though innaction allows someone to be aflicted, by a desiase, then he's violation his code of conduct. if he violates his code of conduct, he will lose his paladin powers.

you could try fooling Nova (rules and DM allow such thing) but once he finds out there will be repercursions. If nova allows such trickery to go unpunished and keeps himself in the party, he will lose his paladin powers.

the conflict itself is intresting and if you are willing to rolepay it it would be nice! wellcome to grey moral choices! Just how far would your PCs go?

I would have roleplay it with pleasure but in the interest of party harmony I propose an alternate solution.
We use the affliction spell, from the BOED p89, it's identical to contengion but with the good descriptor and it use affliction instead of disease.
Afflication work nearly exactly like disease but deal damage only to evil creature (that's why it's less reliable a number of guards may be neutral).
And it that case the afflication we want is depraved decadence (BoED p35) it deal 1d4 Str dmg but no blindness and it's an ingested affliction, DC 18 after the intial DC from the spell.
Also the first creature to be infected need to be evil, so il will be harder to find.

esorscher
2012-09-05, 06:05 PM
Are there any animals that are evil? Spiders or Rats or something? Also I am really impressed by someone playing a paladin to actually stick to the code :smile:

Duncfoo
2012-09-05, 07:28 PM
Again, Uidon is ok with it (yay Nuetral) as long as it doesn't get to the slaves. Some of the slaves could be evil though! The afflictions are not a bad idea... my ultimate question is "would Xilef want to do that?" If so, have her advance the idea and see how Nova responds.

Chimaera
2012-09-06, 06:32 AM
Afflictions are ok for Nova since it's a weapon of good against evil, and I think that any evil slave may have to pay the price for being evil after all. Nova can detect evil at will and can cast invisibility, he can easy find an evil guard.

zagan
2012-09-06, 01:39 PM
Afflictions are ok for Nova since it's a weapon of good against evil, and I think that any evil slave may have to pay the price for being evil after all. Nova can detect evil at will and can cast invisibility, he can easy find an evil guard.

A guard wouldn't be practical, if one dissapear they might increase security. I was more thinking about a random evil monster we find in the wood.

Duncfoo
2012-09-06, 08:13 PM
Could we just use something clever to sneak Xilef into the camp and disease their food supply? Vanishing / Invisibility her way into the camp and back out. You could use something like Tree Stride or another spell...

esorscher
2012-09-06, 09:10 PM
Elkal can cast Invisibility on Xilef.

zagan
2012-09-07, 11:43 AM
Could we just use something clever to sneak Xilef into the camp and disease their food supply? Vanishing / Invisibility her way into the camp and back out. You could use something like Tree Stride or another spell...

Elkal can cast Invisibility on Xilef.

Yes, but sadly I can't just cast contagion affliction on the food, it need to be on a creature because it spread by ingestion.

I'm sure we will be able to find a suitable creature if we search enough and we have an evil detector in the party.

Beschoren
2012-09-07, 11:00 PM
I'm sure we will be able to find a suitable creature if we search enough and we have an evil detector in the party.

Yes you can. Just like hunting and stuff. You might run into a few neutral beasts before you can find your target, thogth.

Also, you will have to cast affliction, not contagion spread an affliction. Using an affliction is OK with the paladin's code. You might want to try to capture the evil creature and kill it only at the edge of the camp.

Affliction
Necromancy [Good]
Level: Cleric 3, druid 3,
sorcerer/wizard 4, Wrath 3
Range: Touch
Target: Evil creature touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Spell Resistance: Yes
The subject contracts an affliction
selected from the list below, which
strikes immediately (no incubation
period). Afflictions deal damage only to
evil creatures. Any evil creature takes
Charisma bonus. An evil elemental or
evil undead takes an extra 1 point of
damage, and an evil outsider or an evil
cleric of an evil deity takes an extra 2
points. The DC listed is for the subsequent
saves (use affliction’s normal save
DC for the initial saving throw).
Affliction DC Damage*
Depraved decadence 18 1d4 Str
Eternal torpor 14 1d6 Dex
Raging desire 15 1d3 Con
Consuming passion 17 1d4 Int
Haunting conscience 16 1d4 Wis
Pride in vain 20 1d6 Cha

zagan
2012-09-08, 06:39 AM
Yes you can. Just like hunting and stuff. You might run into a few neutral beasts before you can find your target, thogth.

Also, you will have to cast affliction, not contagion spread an affliction. Using an affliction is OK with the paladin's code. You might want to try to capture the evil creature and kill it only at the edge of the camp.

Affliction
Necromancy [Good]
Level: Cleric 3, druid 3,
sorcerer/wizard 4, Wrath 3
Range: Touch
Target: Evil creature touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Spell Resistance: Yes
The subject contracts an affliction
selected from the list below, which
strikes immediately (no incubation
period). Afflictions deal damage only to
evil creatures. Any evil creature takes
Charisma bonus. An evil elemental or
evil undead takes an extra 1 point of
damage, and an evil outsider or an evil
cleric of an evil deity takes an extra 2
points. The DC listed is for the subsequent
saves (use affliction’s normal save
DC for the initial saving throw).
Affliction DC Damage*
Depraved decadence 18 1d4 Str
Eternal torpor 14 1d6 Dex
Raging desire 15 1d3 Con
Consuming passion 17 1d4 Int
Haunting conscience 16 1d4 Wis
Pride in vain 20 1d6 Cha

Yes, I was talking about that spell, good equivalent of contagion.

Beschoren
2012-09-09, 01:58 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaannnnd i'm on a trip for a week and posting rate should drop again. I'll try to keep up IC but i make no promises.

Beschoren
2012-09-11, 09:25 PM
soooo I'm still pretty busy. should keep like that until monday

the good side is that I'm having a good time on this conference! I'm talking to some folks and should head for germany next year, for my phd studies. yay science!

Duncfoo
2012-09-17, 02:49 PM
Hitting Korin with a White Raven Tactics so he can get a turn in before the enemies.

Beschoren
2012-09-17, 11:00 PM
(most of they attacks miss. concealment from light undergrowt helps you. even if pulled, you are not prone right next to the spider)

Spider confirm critical vs seanon: [roll0], damage [roll1]

seanon fort VS poison, DC 16: [roll2]. if fails, takes [roll3] dex damage

zagan
2012-09-18, 01:28 PM
Beshoren I'm confused what do I need to roll ? In that case I think that both attack missed (until they're touch attack) but do i still need to roll trip check or fort save ?

Beschoren
2012-09-18, 01:41 PM
Beshoren I'm confused what do I need to roll ? In that case I think that both attack missed (until they're touch attack) but do i still need to roll trip check or fort save ?

it is a normal ranged attack, not a touch attack. on your case, both attacks missed.

if it hits you, you must roll a trip resistence check, wich I already rolled for you in the same post (considering your shifting strenght and hearth of earth spell)

if you suceed on the trip check, then the fang dislodges from you dealing damage.

if you fail the trip check, the spider brings you right next to her and gain a free bite attack. if the bite attack hits, it requires a fort save, since it's poisonous.

Duncfoo
2012-09-18, 02:31 PM
Do we really have to keep one alive? Can we just bottle some blood / meat and use it to contaminate the food & water? Although, clubbing one of these down and making it our pet could be.... Weird.

Crafty Cultist
2012-09-18, 02:33 PM
Would the creatures spikes hurting him mean the spiders were affected by my cloak of the salamander?

zagan
2012-09-18, 03:10 PM
it is a normal ranged attack, not a touch attack. on your case, both attacks missed.

if it hits you, you must roll a trip resistence check, wich I already rolled for you in the same post (considering your shifting strenght and hearth of earth spell)

if you suceed on the trip check, then the fang dislodges from you dealing damage.

if you fail the trip check, the spider brings you right next to her and gain a free bite attack. if the bite attack hits, it requires a fort save, since it's poisonous.

Okay, complicated monster then. I got it, I will post IC soon.

Do we really have to keep one alive? Can we just bottle some blood / meat and use it to contaminate the food & water? Although, clubbing one of these down and making it our pet could be.... Weird.

We need it alive to be infect, I could do it during the combat but it would be risky and we mught risk killing it before we can draw some of the contaminate blood. That said we can wait to worry about that when we have only one or two left. Survival first.

Beschoren
2012-09-18, 04:16 PM
Would the creatures spikes hurting him mean the spiders were affected by my cloak of the salamander?

I'm afraid not, as It didn't really strike you with a natural wepon. If allowed, this would lead to an infinite cicle of retaliations until one of you is killed... on a single attack...

Beschoren
2012-09-20, 10:57 PM
poison damage vs korin (only if he fails fort save DC 20, of course): [roll0] dexterity

also, the spider takes damage from the whole cloack of the salamander thing

zangan: those followers could shoot down I6 allowing you to charge at the big spider. they might roll their attacks before your actions if you want it

Crafty Cultist
2012-09-21, 12:54 AM
fortitude save [roll0]

zagan
2012-09-21, 04:57 AM
zangan: those followers could shoot down I6 allowing you to charge at the big spider. they might roll their attacks before your actions if you want it

Great idea, just tell me when they have attacked and then I'll post IC depending on the result.

Beschoren
2012-09-21, 07:39 PM
Korin, would you confirm the crit from your first blow? it will make a drastic difference. like, the difference between life and death.

the H5 spider was destroyed

the S15 spider was destroyed too. after Nova's charge, Elkal needed only 1 shot. were will Elkal shoot the other 2 arrows?

esorscher
2012-09-21, 10:02 PM
The spider to the east, I believe X-10ish.

Crafty Cultist
2012-09-21, 11:29 PM
Crit confirmation [roll0]
Damage[roll1]

zagan
2012-09-22, 02:14 PM
We need to think of a way to capture a live spider, before none are left. Do we have any mean to put it to sleep of something like that ?

Crafty Cultist
2012-09-22, 02:34 PM
I could probably lay on a fair bit of nonlethal damage with a true strike/ power attack combo.

esorscher
2012-09-22, 02:54 PM
I have a tarp. We could throw it over the last spider (a small one I assume) and hold down the corners.

Duncfoo
2012-09-23, 10:02 PM
Well that didn't work. Damm you AoO.

Anyone have something they can do it catch up to these? Xilef might be able to chase one down?