PDA

View Full Version : Aaaahhh!!!! The Slaves Got Magic!!! OOC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Crafty Cultist
2012-09-23, 10:37 PM
Can anyone track? they might have a nest they're retreating to.

esorscher
2012-09-23, 10:43 PM
Elkal is a ranger! He can track. And he has +12 survival, but are there any songs or anything like that to boost his skill modifier?

zagan
2012-09-24, 07:51 AM
Xilef will run after one she has a 50ft move speed (200ft per round when running) however whe can boost that with haste for 70ft move speed (280ft when ruuning). if Seanon is willing to use haste I think she can catch up with one spider and use non-lethal dmg on it.

NOTE: She is not slow down by undergrowth because of woodland stride.

Duncfoo
2012-09-24, 12:40 PM
Perfect sets of options. Lets have Xilef give chase and if that one dies or something we can track the other one. I'll have Uidon refresh White Raven Tactics and if use it on Xilef the next round (if needed)... then we knock it out and try and figure out how to get it home, infect it, slaughter it? and start the break down to move for assault.

We need to get the contaminated blood into the food and water supply asap. I think we can have everyone start moving and send Xilef ahead on the 1st day with Invisibility / Vanishing on to start getting them diseased quickly.

zagan
2012-09-27, 08:01 AM
So the first part of our plan is complete, now as soon as we are regrouped I'll use affliction on the spider and we can harvest his blood.

That remind me did we gain xp for this encounter ?

Duncfoo
2012-09-27, 01:41 PM
Xilef the Evil Spider Harvester!

I think that is the best plan. I don't think we should be trying to drag around this thing. How about Seanon hits it with a Wave of Grief, dropping its save. Uidon can use "Owl Wisdom" on Xilef, boosting her save power for a bit... Anyone else have something to drop this thing's saves?

We can pour the blood into our water flasks?

zagan
2012-10-01, 04:40 PM

Yeah, it should do the trick.

Note for Beshoren: I've just found a spell for Xilef but it's from a pretty obscur source so I won't assume that I can just use it.
Here the detail: Instant of Power, Druid 1, Immediate action, close range, 1 creature, last 1 round. It grant a +4 enchantment bonus to the next attack, saving throw or damage roll.
Source: The Forge of War (eberron book)

It's mostly useful for the saving throw bonus or if you need to have that one critical attack to land. The thing that I like about it is obviously the immediate action casting time.

Beschoren
2012-10-01, 09:07 PM

aye, that is allowed and easy to do.

Note for Beshoren: I've just found a spell for Xilef but it's from a pretty obscur source so I won't assume that I can just use it.
Here the detail: Instant of Power, Druid 1, Immediate action, close range, 1 creature, last 1 round. It grant a +4 enchantment bonus to the next attack, saving throw or damage roll.
Source: The Forge of War (eberron book)

It seems nice, but I think it is terribly overpowered for a 1º level spell. Senon's energy surge is cast as a 3º level arcane spell, and has only the option to increase energy damage by 1d6. We can houserule it to either give a +2 bonus or to be cast as a 2º level spell

Crafty Cultist
2012-10-02, 12:05 AM
Would it be immoral to keep the creature captive and harvest it's blood. Using ravages to weaken our enemies seems like too good a plan to leave as a one time thing.

Chimaera
2012-10-02, 06:43 AM
Here enter the paladin code again :smallsigh:
Since I'm the paladin of freedom I think that keeping any living creature imprisoned is a transgression since I value freedom and hunt down people who do things like that. I think when the time come for more ravages we can go hunt down more creatures and go all over the trouble again.

A tip to what a paladin can do or not do is: if the phrase begins with "would it be immoral/evil/wrong to [insert immoral/evil/wrong action here]"

zagan
2012-10-02, 07:01 AM
aye, that is allowed and easy to do.
It seems nice, but I think it is terribly overpowered for a 1º level spell. Senon's energy surge is cast as a 3º level arcane spell, and has only the option to increase energy damage by 1d6. We can houserule it to either give a +2 bonus or to be cast as a 2º level spell

After reading lesser energy surge (and it's errata bacause it wasn't clear on the duration) I agree with you. I prefer it as a 1st level spell, so we'll go with the +2 bonus.

Would it be immoral to keep the creature captive and harvest it's blood. Using ravages to weaken our enemies seems like too good a plan to leave as a one time thing.

I was just going to propose something like that.

EDIT: But it will pose problem to our paladin friend, not important if we really want to enact this plan again, we'll just go back to this spider lair to capture another one.
One thing to note, Xilef will be against goind there to simply exterminate them unless Nova can convince her that they pose an immedaite threat to her and her allies. She has better things to do with her time.

Beschoren
2012-10-06, 03:40 PM
After reading lesser energy surge (and it's errata bacause it wasn't clear on the duration) I agree with you. I prefer it as a 1st level spell, so we'll go with the +2 bonus.

deal

also: XP!

each PC gains 650 xp
each folower gains 1200 xp (now all followers at 4200 xp, lv 3. Need more 1800 xp to lv up)

if you want some live action pratice for you followers while the ravage runs it's course it is easely arranged.

(I'm reducing random encouters so we can move on with the story)

zagan
2012-10-06, 03:55 PM
deal

Great !

each PC gains 650 xp
each folower gains 1200 xp (now all followers at 4200 xp, lv 3. Need more 1800 xp to lv up)

Even better ! So that put us at, let's see 650+26275=26925. Level 8 soon.

if you want some live action pratice for you followers while the ravage runs it's course it is easely arranged.

(I'm reducing random encouters so we can move on with the story)

It's an afflication, and yeah that could be nice.

Beschoren
2012-10-06, 03:59 PM
Great !

Even better ! So that put us at, let's see 650+26275=26925. Level 8 soon.

It's an afflication, and yeah that could be nice.

ok your next post may already describe the following morning.

will you drag the spider to the enemy camp?
will you send an scout ahead of the party? who?
how will you handle invisibility?
You still have to find the slaver's food source. You will just pour the blood on it?

EDIT: :smallsigh: seanon can cast mount to help drag the damm spider

zagan
2012-10-06, 04:14 PM
My seventh post today, you can clearly see how I missed the forum, lol

ok your next post may already describe the following morning.

I'll be posting soon then.

My opinion for that but I hope the others have betters idea.

will you drag the spider to the enemy camp?

I'm inclided to drag it something like one hour or a half-hour at most away from their camp. Far enough that there is little risk of being discovered but close enough to not reduce the effectivness of the affliction too much.

will you send an scout ahead of the party? who?

I think no scout, (well no party member scout) a bird like last time perhaps ?
As for who, the one with the best hide and move silently modifier.

how will you handle invisibility?

Cast at the last possible moment.

You still have to find the slaver's food source. You will just pour the blood on it?

No pour it, but add a few drop on as much of it as possible and also in the water supply.

EDIT: :smallsigh: seanon can cast mount to help drag the damm spider

Yeah, that could help.

Duncfoo
2012-10-06, 06:20 PM
I think it will be easy to get the blood into the water and less importantly the food. We have a few means of invisibility: From Elkal, and from the Vanishing Enchantment, which is activated so it can be used if something start to "sniff" or detect otherwise. Then its simple fly spell, into the camp and dropping the affliction into food / water supply. Elkal might be the best to do this as he has two of the spells, after that Xilef as she has a few buffs to make the flight better. I am sure there are even neater things we can do.

OR when I look at the IC thread... All... of those buffs that Xilef did (wow, nice spell research).

Things to Consider, we probably need to afflict and then attack 24 - 48 hrs later. Gotta let the good times set in. Anyone else got clever stuff we could do to them?

20 minutes before the battle I'll be doing a lot of buffing. Most of my good stuff is the "10 min / level" range.

Also...

After Lucky - one of the followers - nearly loses an eye to the damm thing's spines, he spent the rest of the march putting pieces of wood on the pints of the spikes, so they are not so troblesome to live with.
I loled

Chimaera
2012-10-07, 08:43 PM
Nova can cast the first Invisibility to preserve Elkal's spells, since spells are the main focus of Nova. I agree with the rest and, about the convincing, <clears throat> here it go:

"These hideous creatures are evil and must be extermined from the world, but that's my opinion and you don't really have to see things the way I do so let me try to put things the way you wouuld find it better for you: soon we'll have lot's of new slaves to train and these creatures are near our hideout and may provide the former slaves with battle experience for when the time to fight the empire has come. Of course, I agree we should focus on defeating the empire, but trainning the freed slaves wopuld be good and removing the possibility of our freed people get ambushed by these evil predators would be good as well. But it's up to you guys to decide if it's a valid thing to do".

Duncfoo
2012-10-07, 11:02 PM
I think it only takes 8 hours to scribe a 2nd level scroll. Can I make one last thing before we go at the current camp?

Also; Uidon would need to go with Xilef and Elkal to buff either of them. The camp is 5 hours away and my buffs only last 80 minutes. =(

I honestly think Vanishing is worth it. Makes Scent, Blindsense, heck anything miss...

Thoughts?

Chimaera
2012-10-08, 06:38 AM
About the scribing scrolls, you can scribe 1000 gp worth scrolls per day.
so a 2nd level scroll wouldn't take that longer.

esorscher
2012-10-10, 09:02 AM
Elkal can drop the spider. I don't mind using Fly and Invisibility, Fly is what he does and invisibility is only a 2nd level spell. My other 2nd level spells are unseen crafter and sting ray, neither of which I foresee being very useful at the moment. But if you think vanishing would be better I'm fine with that.

Chimaera
2012-10-10, 10:29 AM
I can also cast invisibility on elkar to make him keep his spells.

Beschoren
2012-10-10, 10:49 AM
Ok so it seems elkal will do the spreading, is this right? Xilef's buffs and Nova's Invisibility will be cast on him. Korin's invisibility is too short-lived
to be of help at the moment.

How long the vanishing armor propriety lasts again?

Duncfoo
2012-10-10, 10:56 AM
I can hit Elkal with a Vanishing Enchantment on his armor, its in the MiC on page 15. Helps protect you form scent, sound, blindsense, etc. Its activated ability that last for 3 minutes x2 day

Maybe use Invisibility to get close, turn on your Vanishing when you get close to the source. You'll also have some effects from Xilef's spells protecting you.

I think either of you can get this done easily.

zagan
2012-10-10, 11:01 AM
Ok so it seems elkal will do the spreading, is this right? Xilef's buffs and Nova's Invisibility will be cast on him. Korin's invisibility is too short-lived
to be of help at the moment.

How long the vanishing armor propriety lasts again?

Xilef will also lend her rod of extend to Nova so invisibility will last longer.

Beschoren
2012-10-10, 11:06 AM
Xilef will also lend her rod of extend to Nova so invisibility will last longer.

let Seanon get you rod borrowed so he could cast an extended haste for a quicker final aproach.

not sure it is really needed... but who knows? :xykon:

zagan
2012-10-10, 12:28 PM
let Seanon get you rod borrowed so he could cast an extended haste for a quicker final aproach.

not sure it is really needed... but who knows?

Okay.

Armor Enchantment, Greater on Elkalk's armor x2
- Vanishing +3
- Bane Blind (Humanoid), +2 Equivalent
(+5 Open for Flight enhancements)
Anyone know of an armor enhancement that increases fly speed?

None that improved fly speed, but I recommand bane blind (giant) for the ogre, silent move (standard, improved or greater) to help with move silently, Aporter perhaps so he can dimension door away once he finished.

Duncfoo
2012-10-10, 12:54 PM
Okay.

None that improved fly speed, but I recommand bane blind (giant) for the ogre, silent move (standard, improved or greater) to help with move silently, Aporter perhaps so he can dimension door away once he finished.

Vanishing is much better than Bane Blind... but... not bad to have extra tools.

I'll do Aporter and Bane Blind (Giant) for the extra +5 then. Chimaera do you need an description of these abilities or do ou have the Magic Item Compendium? Or would there be different abilities for Elkal wanted?

Edit: Also; I feel like we can wait for a few minutes as the bird scouts the camp more. It should be easy to ID where water and food is stored. There will be more common activity (coming / going), Barrels, Waste (rubbish bin?) and other such factors. Would you want an intelligence check to think of these clues from Uidon? He is pretty smart.

Chimaera
2012-10-10, 03:27 PM
I've got the Spell Compendium, so no need for the description for me.

Duncfoo
2012-10-10, 03:36 PM
Sorry I meant Esorscher...

Chimaera
2012-10-10, 03:40 PM
It happens :smalltongue:

esorscher
2012-10-10, 05:27 PM
Yea I do need descriptions actually.

Duncfoo
2012-10-10, 06:23 PM
=) Artificer's have the ability to give you temporary enchants on your Armor or Weapons (and beyond at high levels). Essentially I am using Greater Armor Enhancement on you twice, which gives you a whopping +10 bonus of enhancements to your armor for 70 minutes. (Artificers are awesome)

I'll be using a lot of these a lot in the coming battle.

You are getting:
Vanishing (+3 Enhancement)

Activated - Standard Action
Use: 2x daily, 3 minutes (30 rounds) per use
When activated you become invisible and inaudible and cannot be detected by any non magical sensory method (including hearing, blindsense, tremporsense of the like). Once activated the effect last for 3 minutes or until you attack (See Invisibilty Spell). Creatures immune to mind affecting abilities can see you normally.

Aporter (+3 Enhancement)

Activation - Standard Action
Use: 2x daily
When activated this suit transports you and your equipment up to 800 ft to a place you specify or can visualize as per the Dimension Door Spell

Bane Blind (Humanoid) (+2 Equivalent), Bane Blind (Giant) (+2 Equivalent)

Activation: Swift
Use: 3x Daily, 10 round per use
When activated you become invisible and inaudible and cannot be detected by any non magical sensory method (including hearing, blindsense, tremporsense of the like). Once activated the effect last for 1 minutes or until you attack (See Invisibilty Spell).

We can switch one of the Bane Blinds for Move Silently +10 or any other +2 Armor Enhancement you want. I've just been using all the effects in the Magic Item Compendium. I feel like I've memorized that table at the back now for armor...

I can do this @ +1 for weapons now... +3 in a few levels.

My thought is; Fly in on an extended Invisibility, find the food place, land, hit a Vanshing, go disease our enemy, and Aporter out (800 ft straight up?), hit another Vanishing and fly home. This is just with my effects. You'll be invisible to animals from Xilef and hasted for 14 rounds and should maybe just fight the whole slave camp yourself =p

Sheesh I'm posting a lot. I'm excited to slice these Slavers up.

esorscher
2012-10-10, 07:07 PM
I can do all that. I can also drop a few fireballs on them as I leave if you want, but it might spoil our element of surprise.

Duncfoo
2012-10-10, 08:31 PM
I can do all that. I can also drop a few fireballs on them as I leave if you want, but it might spoil our element of surprise.

Beschoren is there a month where it rains fireballs in this world? We may be able to pass it off as a late Summer Fireball storm?

esorscher
2012-10-19, 07:52 AM
Ref saves:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

How does spellcasting while vanished work? If I cast a spell can they see me? If not I will cast resistance before each save for a +1 to each of the rolls above.

Beschoren
2012-10-20, 05:51 PM
If you attack your opponents directly you will be visible. damaging objects will not.

if you do anything flahsy, however, like a magic missile to a barrel, 'ill consider that you just revealed yourself from vanishing

at any rate you pass all the tests. How will you try to contamiate the kegs? or you will jsut leave them be?

(OOC: sorry for the long response time lately. I have no excuse, actually)

Duncfoo
2012-10-20, 09:49 PM
You could just wait for the barrel to open, or try drilling a hole in it slowly with an arrow head? Perhaps sabotage the barrels (pull out the tap slowly?) and make them open a second one.

You can trigger the Bane Blind (Human) if they are all human in there as vanishing starts to end and do that for a few rounds, then a few more of Vanishing...

Beschoren
2012-10-25, 08:57 PM
well done!

this part kind of went slowly but execution was flawless. I had figure Elkal gettign pissed at the guard and ruining everything, but it seems that now he has earned the follower's respect for good. I had not even imagined he could use the domestic violence thing as a distraction.

well, now I will give you a final battle before the final battle (final for this part of the story, of course). You know the location of the Harpoon spider's den, but could hunt for other monters if you wish. Anyway, I'll DM it so the next battle is not a repetition of the last battle in any way. what's your call?

Duncfoo
2012-10-26, 12:28 AM
I'd be ok with that. I'm ver excited for this fight against the camp but I won't turn down an option to level... =)

Chimaera
2012-10-26, 05:33 AM
Nova will be happy in killing that evil spiders, for reasons he told before.
:smallsmile:

esorscher
2012-10-26, 08:48 AM
Also good with killing evil spiders. Elkal is true neutral, btw. Over the next few days he'll use the unseen crafters to craft extra javelins and clubs for the to-be-freed slaves. (+14 modifier)

Chimaera
2012-10-26, 08:50 AM
Nova would like someone to crafthim a magic sword, if possible.

Duncfoo
2012-10-26, 01:05 PM
We'll need to make a masterwork sword to start and go from there. Not sure if there is time for that before the camp. Also what kind of sword? Falchion, scimitar, Longsword, etc?

With the Artificer ability "Retain Essense" I can recycle old magic items into new magic items.

Chimaera
2012-10-26, 02:58 PM
A longsword :smallsmile:

zagan
2012-10-27, 10:49 AM
Beshoren: Here's a reminder of the effect of the afflication we are using, Depraved Decadence, Fort DC 18, Incubation period 1d6 days, 1d4 Str dmg per day for each failed fort save. In addition they take bonus Str dmg equal to their Charisma modifier. (evil outsider or cleric take even more but in this case I don't think it apply.)

This mean that must wait a minimum of 6 days before the incubation period end for everyone and an additional few days to be sure they are really weakened.
We need to keep an eyes on the camp to know how the disease affliction is progressing but Crafty birds can probably take care of that.

Xilef still isn't really motivated to go spider hunting in their own den but she'll go with the group if everyone else want to go.

Duncfoo
2012-10-30, 04:22 PM
Sorry for not posting for a bit Beschoren... Halloween weekend was wild. Good job on moving eveything along.

I'm going to hand out a few long term buffs outside of the cave. Does everyone want me to just assign the Armor and Weapon Enhancements I give them?

I am thinking:
+3 Total Armor Enhancements for Xilef and Nova, Korin
+1 Total Weapon Enhancements for Elkal & Korin

zagan
2012-10-30, 04:37 PM
Sorry for not posting for a bit Beschoren... Halloween weekend was wild. Good job on moving eveything along.

I'm going to hand out a few long term buffs outside of the cave. Does everyone want me to just assign the Armor and Weapon Enhancements I give them?

I am thinking:
+3 Total Armor Enhancements for Xilef and Nova
+1 Total Weapon Enhancements for Elkal & Korin

Thanks but Xilef can't really benefit from armor property, you can give everything to Nova. If for some reason he doesn't want anything Xilef could perhaps use an armor with the blurring or blinking property.

Duncfoo
2012-10-30, 07:39 PM
Thanks but Xilef can't really benefit from armor property, you can give everything to Nova. If for some reason he doesn't want anything Xilef could perhaps use an armor with the blurring or blinking property.

I'm giving out buffs like halloween candy

For Xilef's Armor: Blurring, Mobility, Acidic

Let me know if you need to know what the effects.

Chimarea - We'll have a few days, I maybe be able to get you a masterwork longsword made, possibly a +1 version.

Chimaera
2012-10-30, 09:03 PM
Chimarea - We'll have a few days, I maybe be able to get you a masterwork longsword made, possibly a +1 version.

\o/
Nova will take anything he can get =]

Beschoren
2012-10-30, 09:07 PM
\o/
Nova will take anything he can get =]

let's have this spider hunt then see if we can craft a MW wepon.

it kind of takes long. 7 uneen crafter by themselves will take a month or so

esorscher
2012-11-02, 09:35 AM
Elkal will cast a fireball on his action at the small spiders behind us--hopefully enough to mop them up completely.

Duncfoo
2012-11-02, 12:06 PM
Selecting some Enhancement effects for people, Keep in mind yo have these buffs:

Korin's weapon will have the Keen Enhancement (Doubles Threat range)
Elkal will have the Shocking enhancement (+1d6 Electrical Damage)

Nova, Korin, & Uidon's armor have the following enhancements: (Displacement, Acidic, Styptic)

Do I need to better explain this Artificer spell / ability to anyone? Let me know if you need the ability itself posted.

Chimaera
2012-11-02, 12:13 PM
If possible, I wopuld like you to explain it to me :smallsmile:

zagan
2012-11-02, 01:03 PM
Only Xilef is quick enought to act at this very moment. would she trow herself alone against the wall of creatures?

:smallamused: You bet !

Duncfoo
2012-11-02, 02:56 PM
Ok. Artificer's cast spells called Infusions (mostly) on items often mimicing the effects of improving the Enhancements (ie. Crafting) of those items.

For Armors I cast:
Armor Enhancement, Lesser (https://sites.google.com/site/trebane2/stammage/artificer-infusions/1st-level-infusions/lesser-armor-enhancement), a spell that allows you to emulate armor being better enhanced by adding those awesome enhancement effects like "Slick" or "Acidic" or "Shadowed".

The Moderate (https://sites.google.com/site/trebane2/stammage/artificer-infusions/2nd-level-infusions/armor-enhancement) (which I used this time) and Greater (https://sites.google.com/site/trebane2/stammage/artificer-infusions/3rd-level-infusions/greater-armor-enhancement) versions each grant +3 total in bonuses or +5 total in bonuses. So with one spell I can make your ratty Leather Armor, "Shadowed Leather Armor of Displacing and Roaring". These spells last 10 minutes per level.

I currently also have Weapon Enhancement, Lesser (https://sites.google.com/site/trebane2/stammage/artificer-infusions/2nd-level-infusions/lesser-weapon-augmentation) which allows me to do the same for your weapons, giving them effects like "Flaming" or "Keen".

Infusions generally have a 1 minute cast time so they are hard to use in battles, except an artificer can burn 1 action point to reduce the casting time to 1 standard action. A steep but awesome cost.

I am using Enhancements from the Magic Item Compendium... and trying to do any cheesy tricks with the artificer. =p

Chimaera
2012-11-02, 08:40 PM
Pretty interesting.

Beschoren
2012-11-02, 09:32 PM
2 followers are at 27/30, and lost a bit of strenght. they will focus on defensing themselves.

Seanon should go cast prayer

Crafty Cultist
2012-11-03, 03:11 PM
rolling for crit confirmation
attack[roll0]
damage[roll1]

Duncfoo
2012-11-03, 07:03 PM
2 followers are at 27/30, and lost a bit of strenght. they will focus on defensing themselves.

Seanon should go cast prayer

I agree with prayer. Keep in mind the Acidic property will damage swarms as well.

We can have Uidon go after Elkal as well, same action either way. Let's have the followers try and clear out the back and side first.

zagan
2012-11-04, 05:45 AM
Yet they gang up on her

No you misunderstood, Xilef is ganging up on them. They are within full atack range now. :smallamused:

esorscher
2012-11-04, 09:05 AM
Can Elkal get Flaming instead of Shocking on his bow?

Duncfoo
2012-11-04, 08:19 PM
Can Elkal get Flaming instead of Shocking on his bow?
Absolutely. Consider it flaming. Go ahead and think of any other effects you may want in the future and let me know.

And; Look the blender is on.

Crafty Cultist
2012-11-05, 08:10 PM
fortitude savce vs poison [roll0]

Beschoren
2012-11-05, 08:55 PM
Seanon is nauseated! again?! well...

all archers got nauseated too. the merging of swarms increase damage and DC for stuff.

the nausea comes from the "distraction" abiltity of the swarm. thousends of tiny bugs biting and entering your cloaths. nauseated subjects can do nothing but helplessly try to shove the bugs off.

knowledge (nature) can reveal swarm vulnerabilties IC, but you can just blast it the experienced players you are. those things are difficult to fight as they are.

any questions?

Crafty Cultist
2012-11-05, 08:59 PM
More fortitude saving throws
[roll0]
[roll1]

Edit: Could I target swarms during a dance of death?

Beschoren
2012-11-05, 09:40 PM
More fortitude saving throws
[roll0]
[roll1]

Edit: Could I target swarms during a dance of death?

they count as a single creature for that matter. so if you past by 1 swarm (no matter the size) you get 1 attack only.

also, Xilef was attacked by a swarm too. damage is only [roll0] and both saves drop to DC 11, since it's a much smaller swarm.

esorscher
2012-11-05, 10:15 PM
Fort saves: [roll0], [roll1]

I'll be the first to suggest it: retreat? It looks like some big things are approaching, and these swarms are irritating to me as a caster.

Crafty Cultist
2012-11-06, 12:12 AM
Since I activated my salamander cloak last turn, the spiders that bite me should take damage, right?

Crafty Cultist
2012-11-06, 12:19 AM
Crit confirmation [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Duncfoo
2012-11-06, 01:24 AM
Keep in mind: We had some temp HP from the gracious Mr Chimaera. 8 Temp hp if I am feeling correct.

Nausea Save: [roll0] vs DC 15

Could Xilef give us a know nature and let us know what to do about the swarms? Must... not... meta...

I'll hit Elkal with a White Raven Tactics right now. Can he blow up the swarm?
Edit: We can have the followers move to a better spot if needed, each gets a move action this turn.

Edit: Some of us also have the "Acidic" special effect on the armor. That should do 2d4 damage to the spider swarms... It'll help.

zagan
2012-11-06, 04:12 AM
also, Xilef was attacked by a swarm too. damage is only (1d6)[2] and both saves drop to DC 11, since it's a much smaller swarm.

Does DR apply to swarm damage I don't remember. I think so.
Anyway Fort save: [roll0] (+7 base, +3 con, +1 animalistic power)

Could Xilef give us a know nature and let us know what to do about the swarms? Must... not... meta...

Nope sorry, she's raging now so no int based skill check.

EDIT: Could I have the result of Korin dance of death before acting ? I need it to know which target are left.

Duncfoo
2012-11-06, 12:00 PM
Can we have the troops move in behind (mabe a space or two back) Nova before Elkal blasts the swarm so we don't get them on fire as well?

Beschoren
2012-11-06, 08:16 PM
Does DR apply to swarm damage I don't remember. I think so.

EDIT: Could I have the result of Korin dance of death before acting ? I need it to know which target are left.

I don't think DR applies. for one, the insecst are biting the skin or getting under the armor. for two, a DR 1 would ruin any damage delt by a single diminnutive creature, why would it not be applied 10000 times in a round?
Perhaps im wrong on CORE but I'll keep it anyway. no DR vs swarms

Korin just killed all spiders he passed trought... he misses the swarm, however. The cloack of the salamanders works perfectly to damage the spiders but it does not matter right now: he just killed all of them. (were did he get such a high attack bonus again? total is +17 on my count, not +18)

a bunch os AoOs, though

AoO bite vs Korin [roll0], damage [roll1]. Poison DC 13 or [roll2] strenght damage
AoO bite vs Korin [roll3], damage [roll4]. Poison DC 13 or [roll5] strenght damage
AoO bite vs Korin [roll6], damage [roll7]. Poison DC 13 or [roll8] strenght damage
AoO bite vs Korin [roll9], damage [roll10]. Poison DC 13 or [roll11] strenght damage

Keep in mind: We had some temp HP from the gracious Mr Chimaera. 8 Temp hp if I am feeling correct.

I'll hit Elkal with a White Raven Tactics right now. Can he blow up the swarm?
Edit: We can have the followers move to a better spot if needed, each gets a move action this turn.

Edit: Some of us also have the "Acidic" special effect on the armor. That should do 2d4 damage to the spider swarms... It'll help.

Yes, acidic will work, dealing full damage. who got the enchatment again?

also, you could notice that Elkal's fireball and burning hands (area attacks) was very effective vs the swarm, despite the critter's nice save. you don't need a nature check to realize that (besides, it's kind of intuitive).

Uidon's sowrd damage was totally useless. the sonic damage affected the swarm, however.

The temporary HP buffered a lot of damage at the followers

you can use the white raven tactics (a good way the counter the nausea. not sure if legit but I'll allow it), but remember you have to be within 10 feet of your ally

Duncfoo
2012-11-06, 08:46 PM
Acidic on: Uidon, Elkal, Nova and Korin

I'll keep that in mind the 10' range. I don't think I was sticking to that earlier.

Beschoren
2012-11-07, 07:21 PM
elkal acidc damage vs swarm: [roll0]
korin acidc damage vs swarm: [roll1]
korin salamandric damage vs swarm: [roll2]
swarm ref VS burning hands: [roll3]

edit: well, you got rid of the swarms. good guy acidic armor.

those harpoon spiders are Huge. most of the harpoon spiders you faced in the jungle were Large. they all missed their trow-fang-and-drag-foe attack.

also, more medium-sized spiders have shown up. good timing to test the followers on their own? I think I'll put them in the L row forming a line of defense.

the "Scrrraaawww!!" stands for an agonizing insectile sound. it's loud. RP only.

Duncfoo
2012-11-08, 02:02 AM
I loled when I saw the "huh?" above the lancer. In public.

Glad acidic was worth it. Keep in mind; we all have some displacement activared with a swift action. Lasts 5 rounds.

Crafty Cultist
2012-11-08, 11:13 AM
Save vs nausea [roll0]
Save vs poison [roll1]

Crafty Cultist
2012-11-08, 11:24 AM
messed up my attack rolls:smallredface:

attack1[roll0]
attack2[roll1]

Duncfoo
2012-11-08, 01:36 PM
Hello Critical threat:
[roll0], Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] Sonic + Fortitude save DC 17 or Stunned for 1 Round

Edit: That damage roll should be +16. I'm also adding this to the IC post.

zagan
2012-11-08, 04:22 PM
Fort save again:

Nausea: [roll0] (+7 base, +3 con, +1 animalistic power, +1 prayer)
Poison: [roll1] (+7 base, +3 con, +1 animalistic power, +1 prayer)

Beschoren
2012-11-08, 05:16 PM
fort vs udion's critical DC 17 or stunned [roll0]
fort vs udion's critical DC 15 or instant death [roll1]

edit: so, most of their attacks missed this time. followers are doing good, with minor damage only. more spiders are coming to give them XP. one of the big harpoon spiders is going away

Elkal was close enought to get Haste on himself. don't forget that the extra attack stacks with rapid shot (4 attacks total for you), and seanon can buff you with energy surge (extra fire d6 on damage to all attacks)

Duncfoo
2012-11-08, 06:07 PM
Beschoren: Acidic is not quite that awesome. It needs full round of contact. Great for swarms, grapples, swallows, constricts, etc.

Beschoren
2012-11-09, 02:07 PM
I'm gone until sunday!

reply by monday or somehting

Duncfoo
2012-11-15, 02:24 PM
Are we waiting on Xilef?

Beschoren
2012-11-15, 02:28 PM
hum yes. I was going to PM zangan tonight. I think he forgot it.

zagan
2012-11-15, 03:15 PM
:smallredface: Yes, I did forget sorry, posting immediatly.

Chimaera
2012-11-16, 08:34 AM
Which spiders are still alive after the follower's attack?
I think Nova will jsut maintain his song and get ready for what may come out of the darkness.

Beschoren
2012-11-16, 10:24 AM
Which spiders are still alive after the follower's attack?
I think Nova will jsut maintain his song and get ready for what may come out of the darkness.

I'll put an updated map tonight. followers are good, don't worry about them.

Duncfoo
2012-11-16, 11:53 AM
I saw we move into the larger cavern area and have Seanon throw out a buff or two on the way. Lets group around where Korin is in move forward.

Chimaera
2012-11-16, 12:40 PM
After hte followers kill the remaining spider let's go investigate the loud sound source.

Duncfoo
2012-11-16, 04:25 PM
After hte followers kill the remaining spider let's go investigate the loud sound source.

"The creature shirks one again, nearly turning you deaf. it seems to be greatly distressed..."

I feel like it might be time sensitive from this description... and I think the followers are doing fine slaughtering spiders. Helps them grow some hair on their chests.

Beschoren
2012-11-16, 08:22 PM
ok, here's a mid turn update. considers all fololowers attacks (even future AoOs) and Seanon's and Uidon's movement

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-XLmYIIFj1lk/UKbmsZ9fzoI/AAAAAAAAIgQ/25le0S2ahdQ/s800/Captura%2520de%2520tela%2520inteira%252016112012%2 520232108.jpg

Duncfoo
2012-11-19, 06:55 PM
I am good with Seanon casting Haste. Does he have a rod of extend (lesser)? Cause we should get him one if not.

Beschoren
2012-11-19, 07:08 PM
Sadly he does not. we are still waiting for someone to post, right?

wrong :smallsigh:

its my turn now. up ASAP

Beschoren
2012-11-19, 07:48 PM
spider attacks vs followers

[roll0], damage [roll1], poison DC 12 or [roll2] str (save is [roll3])
[roll4], damage [roll5], poison DC 12 or [roll6] str (save is [roll7])
[roll8], damage [roll9], poison DC 12 or [roll10] str (save is [roll11])
[roll12], damage [roll13], poison DC 12 or [roll14] str (save is [roll15])
[roll16], damage [roll17], poison DC 12 or [roll18] str (save is [roll19])
[roll20], damage [roll21], poison DC 12 or [roll22] str (save is [roll23])

I'll update the map as you move further into the darkness. I mostly need to know who moves first and how many feet in which direction.

Edit: Curse you Uidon! why did you have to be affected by haste getting +1 to AC?! I had to re-make the entire post and map. grunf, I hope you get hit by a critical :smallbiggrin:

Duncfoo
2012-11-20, 12:04 PM
Beschoren you have figured my plan to destroy your hard work. :p Time to die spider thing! Also, does Uidon have any actions left for the turn?

And Zagan, leading the charge is on. That is +7 damage on charge attacks.

Beschoren
2012-11-20, 08:35 PM
Also, does Uidon have any actions left for the turn?

No. you took full defense.

also: yay for you DM! he has made science! (http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11104-012-1513-z?LI=true) :smallbiggrin:

Duncfoo
2012-11-20, 08:52 PM
Oh yeah! Duh.

More importantly; Congrats Beschoren!

Beschoren
2012-11-21, 06:51 AM
Posting tonight. spider still alive.

spider will save: [roll0]

esorscher
2012-11-21, 08:05 AM
Congrats Besch!

Beschoren
2012-11-21, 07:41 PM
Sorry, but Uidon can't use white raven tactics on himself. I'll just ignore the post and Duncfoo could delete it later. the use of the manuever, of course, was not wasted.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ask/20070731a

think how silly this would be - Uidon inspires and prepares himself by listening to his own commands?
----------

Finished IC posting! sorry if you got confused by several "Edits" at real-time.

These are seanon's spells again
He can use an action poit to emualte the extra spell feat, allowing him to cast almosty any 1º or 2º level spell

I was thinking on hitting Uidon with greater slide so he can avoid AoO.. but greate slide only moves him 20 feet! ideas?

pells -sorc
6 lv0 detect magic, read magic, light, ghost sound, mage hand, message, prestidigitation
7 lv1 Grease, Mage armor, Mount, magic missile, shield
7 lv2 glitterdust, greater slide, eletric loop (3d6, 2 targets, ref then will)
5 lv3 Haste, energy surge

spells -fav soul
6 lv0 Cure minor wounds, create water, light, resistence, guidence, detect poison, mending
7 lv1 Shield of faith, lesser vigor, cure light wounds, obscuring mist, blood wind (close, siwft)
7 lv2 Cure moderate wounds, lesser restoration, wave of grief, hold person
5 lv3 Prayer, crown of might, mass conviction

Duncfoo
2012-11-21, 08:13 PM
Ha, no problem. I saw Ruby Vindicator builds that said it could be done to silly abuse. Apparently they were wrong. I will keep the fluff and delete the crunch, just using Insightful strike and displacement.

Duncfoo
2012-11-21, 08:23 PM
Replacement Action for that round:

Free: Combat Expertise (-4 Attack, +4 AC)
Swift: Activate Displacement (50% Miss Chance, 5 Rounds)
Move: P, 6
Standard: Insightful Strike @ Giant Ugly Harpoon spider
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: Concentration Check - [roll1]

AC: 25

Also - Everyone keep in mind the Displacement effects you can activate. This thing seems to hit pretty hard.

Beschoren
2012-11-21, 08:54 PM
Replacement Action for that round:

Free: Combat Expertise (-4 Attack, +4 AC)
Swift: Activate Displacement (50% Miss Chance, 5 Rounds)
Move: P, 6
Standard: Insightful Strike @ Giant Ugly Harpoon spider
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: Concentration Check - [roll1]

AC: 25

Also - Everyone keep in mind the Displacement effects you can activate. This thing seems to hit pretty hard.

Actually, you kind of already acted in this round. you took full defense and moved in the darkness ahead of your allies. The map was updated according to your new line of sight (at the cost of your standard+move action for the round). I'll have to deny your actions again.

I've just posted IC. you can post your action normally for the 2º turn of -colossal-spider-fight

don't forget you got some extra powers from the big dream-fight. it should be somewere in your sheet. most of them are activated as free actions and grant you offensive nd defensive bonus

Duncfoo
2012-11-21, 09:55 PM
Ha! I've been too excited to post. =) I'll go delete that post and move it to after the spider acted. Same action either way. At least It'll be easy to repost.

Uidon says:" Char! wait a moment CHAR!... Wait a moment CHARGE!!."

zagan
2012-11-22, 04:35 AM
That spider indeed hit very hard,

Fort save: [roll0] (against poison Aoo)
Ref save: [roll1] (against piercing damage)
Trip check: [roll2] (auto fail yes but I want to roll anyway)
Fort save: [roll3] (against second bite)

Edit: I pass the ref save, that's good I guess.
Edit 2: A little healing would be great too.
Edit 3 Beshoren, did you roll the save for horrible taste after the first bite ? And the second if it succed on the first. The detail of the spell are in the Spc p116.

Chimaera
2012-11-22, 06:35 AM
Fortitude DC 25 or 6 Dex damage: [roll0]
Reflexes DC 20 or 9 damage: [roll1]
Fortitude DC 25 or 4 Dex damage: [roll2]

Beschoren
2012-11-22, 07:06 AM
Edit 3 Beshoren, did you roll the save for horrible taste after the first bite ? And the second if it succed on the first. The detail of the spell are in the Spc p116.

completely forgot that. I'll roll it.

crafty: yes, the spider takes damage from cloack of the salamander. also, did you see you got a crift to confirm? with full power attack, true strike, and chanelling spell? niiiice

esorscher
2012-11-22, 10:41 AM
I don't recall ever choosing one of the special powers... my bad. Can I get the list again?

Crafty Cultist
2012-11-22, 03:19 PM
I must have overlooked that critical hit. This should be good:smallamused:

crit confirm[roll0]
damage[roll1]
shocking grasp[roll2]

Edit: Since it looks like I dealt over 100 points of damage, I'm guessing a save vs massive damage is in order:smallcool:

Beschoren
2012-11-22, 05:26 PM
I was about to contragulate you (in fact had to delete the "victory post") when I realize you might be unable to land all those blows due to the 3d6 spines the spider deals at you on every strike

I'll consider that elkal shot his ray first (the save DC is dex-based)

Korin: ref save DC 17 or [roll0] damage
Xilef: ref save DC 17 or [roll1] damage
Xilef: ref save DC 17 or [roll2] damage
Xilef: ref save DC 17 or [roll3] damage
Xilef: ref save DC 17 or [roll4] damage
Xilef: ref save DC 17 or [roll5] damage
Xilef: ref save DC 17 or [roll6] damage
Xilef: ref save DC 17 or [roll7] damage
Nova: ref save DC 17 or [roll8] damage
Nova: ref save DC 17 or [roll9] damage
Nova: ref save DC 17 or [roll10] damage

spider save SV horrible taste: [roll11] (AoO)
spider save SV horrible taste: [roll12] (after drawing her with harpoon)

zagan
2012-11-22, 05:29 PM
Level up ! Xilef become a Druid 8//Barbarian 5/Weretouched Master 3

HP: +8+3=+11 --> 108
Bab: +1 = +7/+2
Base Saves: Fort: +0 (+7), Ref: +0 (+4), Will: +1 (+6)
Skills: 3 skills points all in concentration
Ability score bonus: +1 to Wisdom for 20 total.
Druid spells: +1 4th level spell, and +1 1st level from wisdom
Shifter Druid ability: My natural weapon from shifting now deal damage as if I was one size category larger, 1d8 for both claws and bite !
WTM ability: Pounce !!!!!!
Feat: I retrain my razorclaw elite feat into the Shifter ferocity feat.
Reservep point: 108
Massive dmg threshold: 41
Action point: 9 and now we can roll 2d6 instead of 1d6 taking the better of the two rolls.

Edit: Ignore that post for now.

Beschoren
2012-11-22, 05:30 PM
fort save VS massive damage [roll0] (treashold 75, DC 21)

Beschoren
2012-11-22, 05:32 PM

Shifter Druid ability: My natural weapon from shifting now deal damage as if I was one size category larger, 1d8 for both claws and bite !
Action point: 9 and now we can roll 2d6 instead of 1d6 taking the better of the two rolls.

er, sorry, you must have ninja'd me.

roll your ref saves VS the several counter-spine attacks to see if you survive long enought to deal all your attacks (but your stoneskin should drain most of those potential 73 points of damage)

Esorcher: whole nightmare bonus thingy:

Your recent (and also dreadfull, painfull, and dangerous) experience in the dream world allows you to claim a glimpse of otherworldy inspirations whenever facing new dangers. You get one of the following extraordinary abilities of your choice:

Destroyer of reapers: two times per day, as a free action, you gain a bonus for all your attack and damage rolls equal to 1 + 1/4 your charather level for a round. You can double this bonus versus mindless undead.

Survivor of the zombie apocalypse: two times per day, as a free action, you gain a bonus for your DR/- equal to 1 + 1/4 your charather level for a round. This can be used in response from an attack, like an immediate action (except it's a free action). You can double this bonus versus attacks from mindless undead.

Rejector of Nightmares: two times per day, as a free action, you gain a bonus for all your saves equal to 1 + 1/4 your charather level for a round. This can be used in response from an attack, like an immediate action (except it's a free action). You can double this bonus versus attacks from mindless undead.

Mystic dreamer: two times per day, as a free action, you gain a bonus for your caster level equal to 1 + 1/4 your charather level for a round. This can be used in response from an attack, like an immediate action (except it's a free action). You can double this bonus versus mindless undead.

I've mastered death: two times per day, as a free action, you gain a bonus for your confirm critical roll to 2 + 1/2 your charather level.

I've cheated death: You start the day having temporary HP equal to 5 + your charather level. These temporary HP stack with any other temporary HP from spells, abilities, or itens.

Seriously, I've cheated death: Instead of diying form any effect (under -10 hp, death spells, con damage, etc) you are stabilized at -1 hp (and with 1 point of con if your con went to 0). This extraordinary ability can be used only once per lifetime.

zagan
2012-11-22, 05:34 PM
Okay, I have already written my level up post and I don't want to delete it. Even if Xilef faill all her Reflex save she will still land all her attack because stoneskin prevent 10 dmg from each spike, still I'll roll just in case.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Edit: Yeah I take 4 additional damage. For me nothing much as changed.

Crafty Cultist
2012-11-22, 05:50 PM
Reflex save[roll0]

Chimaera
2012-11-23, 06:05 AM
Reflexes DC 17
[roll0] or 12 damage
[roll1] or 9 damage
[roll2] or 9 damage

Duncfoo
2012-11-23, 12:48 PM
Chimaera Activating the Displacement effect is a swift action. You use one of those with a full attack.

Beschoren would Uidon be able to hit if he got the Greater Slide + 5' Step + Great Reach Bracers (+10' Reach)?

I'll post a little if / then in the IC

Beschoren
2012-11-23, 07:34 PM
hummm... so... that's about... 430 damage..... plus those 140 you delt before......er...

yeah I think you kind of defeat the spider! Elite Avanced Oversized Corrupted Harpoon Spider is down! colossal creature, CR 14, 300hp, 30 str and con!

I'm calculating XP... gonna take a while, as I was only trowing monsters at the screen by copy-pasting them :smallredface:... I'm quite sure you got a new level here...

50x medium monstrous spider
12x large monstrous spider
3x dread harpoon spider
6x spider swarm
1x really horrible spider

each PC gets 4000 xp!

Followers... well, I think I messed up their XP rewards at some point. They were not suposed to get 2 levels in a single encounter! so instead I'll put them at 7500 xp (halfway to 5º level) and they get to switch to PC classe! yay!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-5zLovZ4PTiI/UK6kqbRv3uI/AAAAAAAAIi4/JZxvAMrWQZ0/s640/Captura%2520de%2520tela%2520inteira%252022112012%2 520201718.jpg

This is how I propose the "new" followers (all in leather armor, DR 1)

1x lancer - fighter lv 4 http://units.wesnoth.org/1.10/pics/home$wesnoth$source$1.10$data$core$images$units$hu man-loyalists$pikeman.png

str 17
dex 14
con 14
int 8
wis 10
cha 8
AC: 19 (base 7, 2 dex)
FRW: +7/+3/+1
HP:48
ATK (lancer) (+8, 1d8+6)

1 wepon focus: longspear
h combat reflexes
flaw power attack
f1 hold the line
f2 opportunist (+4 on AoO)
3 cleave
f4 wepon specialization: longspear
-------------------------------------
5x Skirmisher - Scout lv 4 http://units.wesnoth.org/1.10/pics/data$add-ons$Archaic_Era$images$units$ukians$veteran.png

str 14
dex 14
con 17
int 8
wis 10
cha 8
AC: 19 +1-3 (Base 4, dex 2, shield 3)
FRW: +6/+3/+3
HP:44

ATK (melle, skirmisher) (+6, 1d6+2) (+1d6 or 3d6)
ATK (ranged, skirmisher) (+7, 1d6+3) (+1d6 or 3d6) (PBS)

skirmisher:
h point blank shot,
flaw wepon focus: short spear,
1 large shield specialization,
3 shield ward
sct4: improved skirmish
-------------------------------
3x archers - Ranger lv 4 http://units.wesnoth.org/1.10/pics/home$wesnoth$source$1.10$data$core$images$units$hu man-outlaws$trapper.png

str 14
dex 17
con 14
int 8
wis 10
cha 8
AC: 17 (Base 4, dex 3)
FRW: +4/+7/+1
HP:40

ATK (archer) (+9, 1d8+3)+(PBS)

h point blank shot,
flaw wepon focus: composite longbow,
1 precise shot,
ran+ rapid shot
3 sharp shooting (negates half cover bonus)

esorscher
2012-11-23, 07:49 PM
Cool, I get an animal companion. (Ranger 4). I don't think it would be much use at combat, though, so I'm going to look at class features that replace it and see if anything is worthwhile. Otherwise I'll get a scout or something.

esorscher
2012-11-23, 08:05 PM
BTW, I have Handle Animal +17, and maybe we could raise some spiders from those eggs? Unless that violates Nova's code of conduct?

I have a few choices for my fourth level spell (4/day) and I'm interested in your input on which one would be best.

Explosive Cascade: 8d6 fire damage to 8 squares that are contiguous but not necessarily in a straight line.

Wall of Fire

Greater Invisibility

Enervation

Defenestrating Sphere: Target takes 3d6 damage (no save) and is knocked prone (Fort DC 18 negates) if medium size or smaller. If knocked prone creature is thrown 1d8 x 10' into the air and lands 1d6 hexes in a random direction with falling damage.

Enlarge or Reduce Person, Mass: could be useful for our followers--make them better at melee or ranged combat.

Beschoren
2012-11-23, 08:50 PM
I have a few choices for my fourth level spell (4/day) and I'm interested in your input on which one would be best.

take a look at this. I got a PC that can cast it and I see a good sue for it and almost all combat turns

also, there is an alternative for animal companions. you gain an ability - if you hit an enemy, it is considered flanked for the next single strike. your follower rangers are taking that!

Wall of Deadly Chains
Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Sor/Wiz 4
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 action
Range:Medium (100 ft. + 10
ft./level)
Effect: A wall whose area is up to
one 5-ft. square/level (S) (see text)
Duration: 1 minute/level
Saving Throw: Reflex half
Spell Resistance: No
The caster causes a flat, vertical wall of
woven, spiked chains to spring into
being. This wall can be used to seal off
a passage or close a breach, for the
wall inserts itself into any surrounding
nonliving material if its area is sufficient
to do so. The wall cannot be
conjured so that it occupies the same
space as a creature or another object.
It must always be a flat plane, though
the caster can shape its edges to fit the
available space.
The wall sports loose lengths of spiked chain that strike
anyone within 5 feet of the wall. Those within that area take 3d6 points
of damage each round.
A wall of deadly chains is 1 inch thick per
four caster levels. The caster can
double the wall’s area by halving its
thickness. Each 5-foot square of the
wall has 20 hit points per inch of
thickness and hardness 10.
A section of wall brought to 0 hit
points is breached. If a creature tries
to break through the wall, the DC for
the Strength check is 20 +2 per inch
of thickness. Creatures who use a
Strength check to breach the wall
take 1d6 points of damage from the
spikes and barbs covering the
chains.
Material Component: A single link
from an iron chain

zagan
2012-11-24, 05:48 PM
It's good this time ? We can really level up ? Great !!!

(copy/pasta)

esorscher: I second beshoren suggestion to replace your animal companion, all the other Acf that replace it are pretty crappy.
As for spell well it's a hard choice, personally I would choose mass enlarge person because it can benefit nearly everyone in the party + the follower. But greater invisibility is tempting too. It's your choice.

Chimaera
2012-11-24, 06:11 PM
Nova won't change much this level but is one step closer to get the Combine Songs ability.

Fortitude DC 25
[roll0] dmg: [roll1]

Nova is at 6 Dex, if fail and takes more he'll be paralyzed.

Also, Nova suggests burning all the eggs with fireballs and stuff to not get these evil spiders hatch here anymore. To finish, can Nova exchange Divine Might for Divine Shield?

Crafty Cultist
2012-11-24, 06:22 PM
Korin can now have two vestiges bound to him at a time, so he'll be a bit more versatile. I'm still not sure what the second should be though.

esorscher
2012-11-25, 04:19 PM
I approve of the proposed followers and suggest that since the Rangers are level 4 they take Distracting Attack as well. Is the 1st level spell Locate City worth taking (in place of benign transposition which has never been used)?

Beschoren
2012-11-25, 07:54 PM
on leveling up you can change single spell or feat with no problems

Also, I'm out of town. not sure i can post until friday

EDIT: as you can see, I'm terribly busy at a work conference thingy

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/20294_4297942080668_1587654089_n.jpg

yes, this is a work conference thing.

no, I'm not paying for it. :smallbiggrin:

Duncfoo
2012-11-26, 05:57 PM
Uidon (Leveled) (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=316125)
Leveling - +1 Warblade / +1 Renegade Master Maker

Warblade: + 12 Hp, +1 Base Attack Bonus, +1 Fort Save, Switching Maneuver (Removing - Crushing Mountain Strike and replacing with Covering Strike)

Switching Feats: Removing - Unnerving calm -> Improved Trip

Renegade Master Maker:
+1 Will Save, Battlefist (+1 Enhancement), Self Repair, +1 Level Arcane Spell casting class (Artificer), +1 to all Craft Skills

Not too exciting. Level 9 will be a good one though.

Eschoren

I agree with Distracting Shot. Good way to help everyone hit.

I'm pro destroying the spider eggs. We came all this way to wipe out some evil bags of exp spiders. Let's destroy this imbalance of nature... but lets see if we can find some other animals to train for our army (like war dogs!)... But Uidon is neutral about it. If you want to throw down a convincing argument he may support ya.

And for the 4th level spell - That Wall of Chain's is nice. It blocks line of side / effect, damages the enemies and can be "thinned" to double it's range. So you can easily box up groups of enemies. So it's better than wall of fire (enemies can pass through)... I always use the logic of a) What cool ability do you want Elkal to have? b) does this duplicate an ability he already has (Damage, Control, Buffs). Also, Seanon will get some new spells as well this level, so he can take some of the buffs (Mass Enlarge!).

zagan I'm afraid of your pounces. That'll be brutal.

Crafty Cultist

Tenebrous might give you some good control / defense abilities
Agares = Better attacks and some random abilities.
Aym = Go break out some slaves with her Ruinous Attack
Andras = Charge in on your mighty horse! (Which can attack as well)
Amon = Extra Attack + Fire Breath

I would go for Andras or Tenebrous?

Beschoren congrats on becoming a Dr. Now work on that tan and golf swing. =p (Really, that is a beautiful view.)

esorscher
2012-11-26, 08:39 PM
Duncfoo, I second your suggestion that Seanon take Enlarge/ Reduce person. I think both are worthwhile--Enlarge to boost our melee followers and Reduce to boost our ranged followers. I'm leaning toward either the Defenestrating Sphere (because its awesome) or the Greater Invisibility and retraining my Invisibility to Flaming Sphere. The wall of chains is nice but its a 3rd level spell and I'd rather get something 4th level. I can Flaming Hands the spider's eggs, no problem, and I think we should try and get some war dogs ASAP. After we take out the slaver's camp we should try and find a large city to a) procure male and female wardogs for breeding and b) find someone who can make magic items. Also, I did some math and my unseen crafters can craft us so much stuff it's unreal.

I have seven 2nd level spell slots each day. Unseen crafters last for 8 days. Each one can create 3 warhammers/ week or 3/7 warhammer/ day

Day 1: 7 crafters (7*3/7 = 7 warhammers)
Day 2: 14 crafters (14*3/7 = 14 warhammers)
Day 3: 21 crafters (21 *3/7 = 21 warhammers)
Day 4: 28 crafters (28 warhammers)
Day 5: 35 crafters (35 warhammers)
Day 6: 42 crafters (42 warhammers)
Day 7: 49 crafters (49 warhammers)
Day 8: 56 crafters (56 warhammers)
Day 9+: 56 crafters (56 warhammers)

You get the picture. Warhammers cost 12 gold so they sell for 6, assuming we can find someone to buy them (not unreasonable if the city is large enough) we should be able to get gold for whatever we need without much difficulty.

Crafty Cultist
2012-11-26, 08:50 PM
Korin gains 11hp and +1 base attack bonus.

For his duskblade level, I was going to add ghoul touch to my spell list, if noone has any better ideas.

I was thinking of Binding Aym from now on(I think that's how it's spelled). That would let me move at full speed even in armor and destroy objects more easily. Plus, being constantly on fire is good for intimidating the enemy.

Duncfoo
2012-11-30, 02:24 PM
Beschoren, I'll spend some of that time crafting out scrolls or potions if anyon wants them. One day I'll make a scroll for myself (Bite of the Wereboar)

Can you also give us an idea of where the slaves camp @ night? (seems like inside the wood storage / barricade)

Everyone Else:
Want any specific potions / scrolls, etc? I can make a few and have access to pretty much any spell available.

I think we had an idea for tactics, we are going for straight assault on the base @ night. Goal being to catch them unaware / have as many of the slaves in one place as possible. We'll try and take out the Ogre / Overseers as fast as possible, spread some chaos and confusion in the ranks.

I think we could use a few Entangles, Sculpted Grease / Glitter Dusts and other controls to help, but people might have some more ideas. Uidon doesn't really have much in the way of control options.

Additionally, I can throw out some benefits for Armor and Weapon enhancements. Let me know if there is something that really appeals to you, or I'll just go with a few general one's again. Armor can go up to +5 Enhancements, Weapons only +1

Also, our followers just got a lot more bad ass! I'm excited to have the skirmisher's behind us running around laying waste. I was thinking of making 50 Bane (Human) arrows for the Archers as well.

Crafty Cultist
2012-11-30, 03:41 PM
If I keep my scouting vestige bound I can scout out the base at as we get near, and turn invisble breifly to help gain the element of suprise.

esorscher
2012-11-30, 07:13 PM
I can cast one Entangle (Ranger level) and I'll have Elkal cast Unseen Crafter 7 times each of the three or four days which will give us 30 (30/7 * 7) + 60 + 90 = 180 javelins/ shortspears (I'd say 90 shortspears and 90 javelins). We can arm the followers and/or the to be freed slaves with them.

Beschoren
2012-11-30, 08:37 PM
Duncfoo, I second your suggestion that Seanon take Enlarge/ Reduce person. I think both are worthwhile--Enlarge to boost our melee followers and Reduce to boost our ranged followers. I'm leaning toward either the Defenestrating Sphere (because its awesome) or the Greater Invisibility and retraining my Invisibility to Flaming Sphere. The wall of chains is nice but its a 3rd level spell and I'd rather get something 4th level. I can Flaming Hands the spider's eggs, no problem, and I think we should try and get some war dogs ASAP. After we take out the slaver's camp we should try and find a large city to a) procure male and female wardogs for breeding and b) find someone who can make magic items. Also, I did some math and my unseen crafters can craft us so much stuff it's unreal.

I have seven 2nd level spell slots each day. Unseen crafters last for 8 days. Each one can create 3 warhammers/ week or 3/7 warhammer/ day

Day 1: 7 crafters (7*3/7 = 7 warhammers)
Day 2: 14 crafters (14*3/7 = 14 warhammers)
Day 3: 21 crafters (21 *3/7 = 21 warhammers)
Day 4: 28 crafters (28 warhammers)
Day 5: 35 crafters (35 warhammers)
Day 6: 42 crafters (42 warhammers)
Day 7: 49 crafters (49 warhammers)
Day 8: 56 crafters (56 warhammers)
Day 9+: 56 crafters (56 warhammers)

You get the picture. Warhammers cost 12 gold so they sell for 6, assuming we can find someone to buy them (not unreasonable if the city is large enough) we should be able to get gold for whatever we need without much difficulty.

Seanon will be taking mass enlarge person then. his next spell will be wall of deadly chains. on the favored soul side, he will take freedom of movement, cure critical wounds and greater magic wepon
. He also learns close wounds and remove desiase
Also, I had already ruled out that you can only have a number of unseen crafters equal to your caster level. you won't be able to produce several dozens of them before you find appropriate raw amterials - you're still working on what's left form the tower and the camp.

Beschoren, I'll spend some of that time crafting out scrolls or potions if anyon wants them. One day I'll make a scroll for myself (Bite of the Wereboar)

Can you also give us an idea of where the slaves camp @ night? (seems like inside the wood storage / barricade)

Everyone Else:
Want any specific potions / scrolls, etc? I can make a few and have access to pretty much any spell available.

Yes, you have 4 days of crafting

As you can see with Korin bird scouts, most of the slaves are sleeping in the rightmost part of the camp, inside the walled area. Some slaves are kept in other places.

Also, they have a very wide area illuminated arround the camp, mostly to drive off beasts. Still, this means they might be able to spot you from afar (about 100 feet)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-cdYPTz7vXNA/ULldkKRdONI/AAAAAAAAIkY/i1V6IOwaqiI/s1024/Captura%2520de%2520tela%2520inteira%252030112012%2 520232906.jpg

Beschoren
2012-12-01, 08:06 AM
What crafting are we juggling right now. Did we ever get the special leather armor done?

I grealty lost track of some of the crafting. I know you have some longspears, a lot o javelins/short spears, and how some warhammers.

We can consider that you finished builing your hommunculus. with his help and the help of all your unseen crafters (and Nova's inspiration) you finally finishes creating the wurmskin armor

zagan
2012-12-01, 10:58 AM
Note to Duncfoo: Xilef can't read, so she can't use scroll (and she don't have any rank in spellcraft to identify them anyway)

Xilef as very few preparation to do appart from continuing to accummulate food, among the slave we are trying to free making some of them into farmer could be a good idea.

As for spell to use on the slavers camp well direct damage sound good but we might kill a few slave by accident and spell like entangle or web would probably be better, but we need to be carrefull that they don't hinder us too.

Chimaera
2012-12-01, 04:01 PM
Nova can't use spells as paladin (since he's a spelless variant of paladin).
The only preparation Nova needs is get his weapon and voice sharp.

Nova traded Divine Might for Divine Shield.
Bard5/WarChanter3 // Fighter4/Paladin4

A Greater Magic Weapon on his longsword and Uidon's buffs are all he need for preparation, and can help by using some invisibility (he can use scrolls as a bard).

Duncfoo
2012-12-01, 04:31 PM
Note to Duncfoo: Xilef can't read, so she can't use scroll (and she don't have any rank in spellcraft to identify them anyway)

Xilef as very few preparation to do appart from continuing to accummulate food, among the slave we are trying to free making some of them into farmer could be a good idea.

As for spell to use on the slavers camp well direct damage sound good but we might kill a few slave by accident and spell like entangle or web would probably be better, but we need to be carrefull that they don't hinder us too.

Uidon is going to use the scroll, she only needs to cast it as part of the spell completion for it. If she can't (which is fine), Uidon can make a UMD check to emulate the spell.

Do we want to try and knock out the torches in an area before we charge into their camps?? We have enough Invisibility casts to get close

zagan
2012-12-04, 05:39 AM
Uidon is going to use the scroll, she only needs to cast it as part of the spell completion for it. If she can't (which is fine), Uidon can make a UMD check to emulate the spell.

Do we want to try and knock out the torches in an area before we charge into their camps?? We have enough Invisibility casts to get close

Sorry i didn't get that, then yes Xilef will be glad to supply the spell for the crafting.

esorscher
2012-12-05, 07:48 PM
I vote for the short approach from the north.

Crafty Cultist
2012-12-06, 12:03 AM
My internet usage is maxed out for the month and I'm on dial up speed, so my browser can't load the maps. I should be back up to full speed by the end of the week, I probably won't be able to play properly in the meantime. sorry guys.

As for my second vestige, I'm going to go with tenebrous.

Chimaera
2012-12-06, 05:50 AM
North seems fine to Nova.

zagan
2012-12-07, 11:05 AM
I second comming from the north.

I've found a new spell (again), well no I've found it some time ago but dismiss it at the time. Since then I've changed my mind.
It's the spell halo of sand from sandstorm (p117), druid 2, 10/min level, personal range, grant a +1 deflection bonus to AC per 3 caster level max 4.

Beschoren
2012-12-07, 08:25 PM
I'll wait for uidon and Nova to post their buffs, then consider you're all moving at full speed to the camp. the sentries will be allowed appropriate stop checks.

also, rolls on the ravage (DC 18 I guess). no peeking!

Xoo! no peeking!

go away!

day 1

[roll0], incubation [roll1], damage [roll2]
[roll3], incubation [roll4], damage [roll5]

[roll6], incubation [roll7], damage [roll8]
[roll9], incubation [roll10], damage [roll11]
[roll12], incubation [roll13], damage [roll14]
[roll15], incubation [roll16], damage [roll17]
[roll18], incubation [roll19], damage [roll20]
[roll21], incubation [roll22], damage [roll23]
[roll24], incubation [roll25], damage [roll26]
[roll27], incubation [roll28], damage [roll29]
[roll30], incubation [roll31], damage [roll32]
[roll33], incubation [roll34], damage [roll35]

[roll36], incubation [roll37], damage [roll38]
[roll39], incubation [roll40], damage [roll41]
[roll42], incubation [roll43], damage [roll44]
[roll45], incubation [roll46], damage [roll47]
[roll48], incubation [roll49], damage [roll50]
[roll51], incubation [roll52], damage [roll53]
[roll54], incubation [roll55], damage [roll56]
[roll57], incubation [roll58], damage [roll59]
[roll60], incubation [roll61], damage [roll62]
[roll63], incubation [roll64], damage [roll65]

[roll66], incubation [roll67], damage [roll68]
[roll69], incubation [roll70], damage [roll71]
[roll72], incubation [roll73], damage [roll74]
[roll75], incubation [roll76], damage [roll77]
[roll78], incubation [roll79], damage [roll80]
[roll81], incubation [roll82], damage [roll83]
[roll84], incubation [roll85], damage [roll86]
[roll87], incubation [roll88], damage [roll89]
[roll90], incubation [roll91], damage [roll92]
[roll93], incubation [roll94], damage [roll95]
[roll96], incubation [roll97], damage [roll98]
[roll99], incubation [roll100], damage [roll101]
[roll102], incubation [roll103], damage [roll104]
[roll105], incubation [roll106], damage [roll107]
[roll108], incubation [roll109], damage [roll110]

[roll111], incubation [roll112], damage [roll113]
[roll114], incubation [roll115], damage [roll116]
[roll117], incubation [roll118], damage [roll119]
[roll120], incubation [roll121], damage [roll122]
[roll123], incubation [roll124], damage [roll125]
[roll126], incubation [roll127], damage [roll128]
[roll129], incubation [roll130], damage [roll131]
[roll132], incubation [roll133], damage [roll134]
[roll135], incubation [roll136], damage [roll137]
[roll138], incubation [roll139], damage [roll140]
[roll141], incubation [roll142], damage [roll143]
[roll144], incubation [roll145], damage [roll146]
[roll147], incubation [roll148], damage [roll149]
[roll150], incubation [roll151], damage [roll152]
[roll153], incubation [roll154], damage [roll155]

day 2

[roll156], incubation [roll157], damage [roll158]
[roll159], incubation [roll160], damage [roll161]

[roll162], incubation [roll163], damage [roll164]
[roll165], incubation [roll166], damage [roll167]
[roll168], incubation [roll169], damage [roll170]
[roll171], incubation [roll172], damage [roll173]
[roll174], incubation [roll175], damage [roll176]
[roll177], incubation [roll178], damage [roll179]
[roll180], incubation [roll181], damage [roll182]
[roll183], incubation [roll184], damage [roll185]
[roll186], incubation [roll187], damage [roll188]
[roll189], incubation [roll190], damage [roll191]

[roll192], incubation [roll193], damage [roll194]
[roll195], incubation [roll196], damage [roll197]
[roll198], incubation [roll199], damage [roll200]
[roll201], incubation [roll202], damage [roll203]
[roll204], incubation [roll205], damage [roll206]
[roll207], incubation [roll208], damage [roll209]
[roll210], incubation [roll211], damage [roll212]
[roll213], incubation [roll214], damage [roll215]
[roll216], incubation [roll217], damage [roll218]
[roll219], incubation [roll220], damage [roll221]

[roll222], incubation [roll223], damage [roll224]
[roll225], incubation [roll226], damage [roll227]
[roll228], incubation [roll229], damage [roll230]
[roll231], incubation [roll232], damage [roll233]
[roll234], incubation [roll235], damage [roll236]
[roll237], incubation [roll238], damage [roll239]
[roll240], incubation [roll241], damage [roll242]
[roll243], incubation [roll244], damage [roll245]
[roll246], incubation [roll247], damage [roll248]
[roll249], incubation [roll250], damage [roll251]
[roll252], incubation [roll253], damage [roll254]
[roll255], incubation [roll256], damage [roll257]
[roll258], incubation [roll259], damage [roll260]
[roll261], incubation [roll262], damage [roll263]
[roll264], incubation [roll265], damage [roll266]

[roll267], incubation [roll268], damage [roll269]
[roll270], incubation [roll271], damage [roll272]
[roll273], incubation [roll274], damage [roll275]
[roll276], incubation [roll277], damage [roll278]
[roll279], incubation [roll280], damage [roll281]
[roll282], incubation [roll283], damage [roll284]
[roll285], incubation [roll286], damage [roll287]
[roll288], incubation [roll289], damage [roll290]
[roll291], incubation [roll292], damage [roll293]
[roll294], incubation [roll295], damage [roll296]
[roll297], incubation [roll298], damage [roll299]
[roll300], incubation [roll301], damage [roll302]
[roll303], incubation [roll304], damage [roll305]
[roll306], incubation [roll307], damage [roll308]
[roll309], incubation [roll310], damage [roll311]

day 3

[roll312], incubation [roll313], damage [roll314]
[roll315], incubation [roll316], damage [roll317]

[roll318], incubation [roll319], damage [roll320]
[roll321], incubation [roll322], damage [roll323]
[roll324], incubation [roll325], damage [roll326]
[roll327], incubation [roll328], damage [roll329]
[roll330], incubation [roll331], damage [roll332]
[roll333], incubation [roll334], damage [roll335]
[roll336], incubation [roll337], damage [roll338]
[roll339], incubation [roll340], damage [roll341]
[roll342], incubation [roll343], damage [roll344]
[roll345], incubation [roll346], damage [roll347]

[roll348], incubation [roll349], damage [roll350]
[roll351], incubation [roll352], damage [roll353]
[roll354], incubation [roll355], damage [roll356]
[roll357], incubation [roll358], damage [roll359]
[roll360], incubation [roll361], damage [roll362]
[roll363], incubation [roll364], damage [roll365]
[roll366], incubation [roll367], damage [roll368]
[roll369], incubation [roll370], damage [roll371]
[roll372], incubation [roll373], damage [roll374]
[roll375], incubation [roll376], damage [roll377]

[roll378], incubation [roll379], damage [roll380]
[roll381], incubation [roll382], damage [roll383]
[roll384], incubation [roll385], damage [roll386]
[roll387], incubation [roll388], damage [roll389]
[roll390], incubation [roll391], damage [roll392]
[roll393], incubation [roll394], damage [roll395]
[roll396], incubation [roll397], damage [roll398]
[roll399], incubation [roll400], damage [roll401]
[roll402], incubation [roll403], damage [roll404]
[roll405], incubation [roll406], damage [roll407]
[roll408], incubation [roll409], damage [roll410]
[roll411], incubation [roll412], damage [roll413]
[roll414], incubation [roll415], damage [roll416]
[roll417], incubation [roll418], damage [roll419]
[roll420], incubation [roll421], damage [roll422]

[roll423], incubation [roll424], damage [roll425]
[roll426], incubation [roll427], damage [roll428]
[roll429], incubation [roll430], damage [roll431]
[roll432], incubation [roll433], damage [roll434]
[roll435], incubation [roll436], damage [roll437]
[roll438], incubation [roll439], damage [roll440]
[roll441], incubation [roll442], damage [roll443]
[roll444], incubation [roll445], damage [roll446]
[roll447], incubation [roll448], damage [roll449]
[roll450], incubation [roll451], damage [roll452]
[roll453], incubation [roll454], damage [roll455]
[roll456], incubation [roll457], damage [roll458]
[roll459], incubation [roll460], damage [roll461]
[roll462], incubation [roll463], damage [roll464]
[roll465], incubation [roll466], damage [roll467]

day 4

[roll468], incubation [roll469], damage [roll470]
[roll471], incubation [roll472], damage [roll473]

[roll474], incubation [roll475], damage [roll476]
[roll477], incubation [roll478], damage [roll479]
[roll480], incubation [roll481], damage [roll482]
[roll483], incubation [roll484], damage [roll485]
[roll486], incubation [roll487], damage [roll488]
[roll489], incubation [roll490], damage [roll491]
[roll492], incubation [roll493], damage [roll494]
[roll495], incubation [roll496], damage [roll497]
[roll498], incubation [roll499], damage [roll500]
[roll501], incubation [roll502], damage [roll503]

[roll504], incubation [roll505], damage [roll506]
[roll507], incubation [roll508], damage [roll509]
[roll510], incubation [roll511], damage [roll512]
[roll513], incubation [roll514], damage [roll515]
[roll516], incubation [roll517], damage [roll518]
[roll519], incubation [roll520], damage [roll521]
[roll522], incubation [roll523], damage [roll524]
[roll525], incubation [roll526], damage [roll527]
[roll528], incubation [roll529], damage [roll530]
[roll531], incubation [roll532], damage [roll533]

[roll534], incubation [roll535], damage [roll536]
[roll537], incubation [roll538], damage [roll539]
[roll540], incubation [roll541], damage [roll542]
[roll543], incubation [roll544], damage [roll545]
[roll546], incubation [roll547], damage [roll548]
[roll549], incubation [roll550], damage [roll551]
[roll552], incubation [roll553], damage [roll554]
[roll555], incubation [roll556], damage [roll557]
[roll558], incubation [roll559], damage [roll560]
[roll561], incubation [roll562], damage [roll563]
[roll564], incubation [roll565], damage [roll566]
[roll567], incubation [roll568], damage [roll569]
[roll570], incubation [roll571], damage [roll572]
[roll573], incubation [roll574], damage [roll575]
[roll576], incubation [roll577], damage [roll578]

[roll579], incubation [roll580], damage [roll581]
[roll582], incubation [roll583], damage [roll584]
[roll585], incubation [roll586], damage [roll587]
[roll588], incubation [roll589], damage [roll590]
[roll591], incubation [roll592], damage [roll593]
[roll594], incubation [roll595], damage [roll596]
[roll597], incubation [roll598], damage [roll599]
[roll600], incubation [roll601], damage [roll602]
[roll603], incubation [roll604], damage [roll605]
[roll606], incubation [roll607], damage [roll608]
[roll609], incubation [roll610], damage [roll611]
[roll612], incubation [roll613], damage [roll614]
[roll615], incubation [roll616], damage [roll617]
[roll618], incubation [roll619], damage [roll620]
[roll621], incubation [roll622], damage [roll623]

Duncfoo
2012-12-08, 01:16 AM
I'll post all my buffs in the morning. Today slipped away from me.

DOES anyone want some weapon or Armor enhancements. This is your chance to ask. Anything from a +1 to a +5 bonus can be added to armor, +1s on weapons.

Duncfoo
2012-12-08, 01:28 AM
Also, could we have Xilef memorize Quench (I think that is the name). There is a level 1 or 2 spell that can easily allow her to shut down all the torches on the ways in.

Xilef (Improved NA + Reach?) and Korin (More reach for Dance + Whirlwind?) might be best for the enlarge?

zagan
2012-12-08, 04:27 AM
Also, could we have Xilef memorize Quench (I think that is the name). There is a level 1 or 2 spell that can easily allow her to shut down all the torches on the ways in.

Sorry I can't It's a 3rd level spell and I don't have room for it, plus I'm not sure it would have been that useful, we need to see too after all.

Xilef (Improved NA + Reach?) and Korin (More reach for Dance + Whirlwind?) might be best for the enlarge?

Yes, my reasoning too.

esorscher
2012-12-08, 09:56 AM
I'd happily take a weapon enhancement, either just +1 or possibly fire? Also, Elkal will cast Entangle during the surprise round as well.

Beschoren
2012-12-08, 10:41 AM
I'd happily take a weapon enhancement, either just +1 or possibly fire? Also, Elkal will cast Entangle during the surprise round as well.

Seanon can make normal wepons into +2 wepons with greater magic wepon.... but this costs a precious 4º level slot (that can be used for critical healing, freedom of movement and sculpted spells). he only has 2 4º level spell slots left.. (by the way, using freedom of movement on Nova and Uidon will amke them immune to grease, entagle, etc... what do you think?)

esorscher
2012-12-08, 10:49 AM
Yea don't waste a weapon enhancement on me; go with freedom of movement.

FOr my 4th level spell I selected Black Tentacles

Chimaera
2012-12-09, 11:41 AM
Nova will cast Invisibility on him and mayb he'll move forward and kill some sentries? Also, Freedom of Movement and +1 weapon are welcome too.

I think Nova can slay some watchers on the surprise and first round if he moves invisible.

Or else he can stay witht he group and begin his bardic musiv to inspire all followers. What you guys think is a better option?

Duncfoo
2012-12-09, 08:11 PM
Buffs:
Uidon: 1st 3/4, 2nd 3/4, 3rd , 1/2
Armor Enhancement, Greater = Chain Mail (+3 Roaring, +2 Fearsom)
Armor Enhancement, Large Wooden Shield (+1 Daylight, +1 Blurring, +1 Arrow Attracting)
Personal Weapon Augmentation, +1 Long Sword (Keen, Acidic)
Shield of Faith (+3 Deflection, 8 Minutes)

Slaves:
Weapon Enhancement, Lesser = 50 Arrows(Bane - Human) Split between Archers

Elkal:
Weapon Enhancement, Lesser = Bow (+1 Fire)

Well, I think we are going to get figured out pretty darn fast. It'll be about 13 giant people rushing out of the woods. I say we go for CHARGE style, lets scare the hell out of these guys. Let me charge first, I'll have Arrow Attracting on my Shield and Roaring on my armor... That means I'll spit arrows back at them and attract them from the squares around me. I say we just charge right the heck in with us in the vanguard, Skirmishers behind use & Lancer behind us and Longbow men Move and fire each turn until we engage, then they rapid shot away. Skirmishers peel back and strike at a flank if we need.

We also have to be ok with losing a few slaves, but we need to figure out where they are kept and start freeing them ASAP. I think that means taking the wood stockade and destroying the rest of the camp after.

Crafty Cultist
2012-12-09, 09:23 PM
Should we aim to break open the slave pens, then have our followers cover their escape so we can focus on taking down the camp?

Duncfoo
2012-12-10, 01:55 AM
That is not a bad idea. I can use Inflict Damage to destroy chains / gates. I can also use "Adamantine Weapon", to make someone's weapon Adamantine? Perhaps Nova, the bard paladin of Freedom? :p

Chimaera
2012-12-10, 05:42 AM
I can go stealth and open the cages if needed, sundering stuff with an adamantine weapon.

Duncfoo
2012-12-10, 01:07 PM
I think that may be fun... Heck you could probably start shredding some of the chains without raising a ruckus at first while we charge in? Would you want to do that?

Beschoren
2012-12-10, 08:31 PM
ok, enemies spot check for the surprise round. the DC is... hum, several large creatures charging in bright light... -18. yet your foes have a -27 penality on this roll due to distance, distraction and circunstance...

epic roll!

general guard spot check [roll0], DC -18
general guard spot check [roll1], DC -18

EDIT: well, at elast you did advance some feet. Xilef gets to pick the area of her entangle. I'll roll initiatives.

seanon DID cast freedom of movement on Korin, Nova, and Uidon. Nova algo got a +2 wepon.

Beschoren
2012-12-10, 08:34 PM
Nova [roll0]
Uidon [roll1]
Seanon [roll2]
Elkal [roll3]
Korin [roll4]
Xilef [roll5]
Followers [roll6]

guards [roll7]

Edit: oh boy, poor guards. mp IC soon. only Nova won't act.

Crafty Cultist
2012-12-10, 11:53 PM
How high up is that grey ledge?

zagan
2012-12-11, 05:06 PM
I'm a little confused, we act in the surprise round now (with just a standard action) or has that already happen and we get a full round of action ?
If it's the first I just cast entangle if it's the second double move probably.

Beschoren
2012-12-11, 08:49 PM
I'm a little confused, we act in the surprise round now (with just a standard action) or has that already happen and we get a full round of action ?
If it's the first I just cast entangle if it's the second double move probably.

oh sorry

after the whole buffing came the surprise round, were xilef casts the entaglement and the others step in the light. since the party was spotted, innitiatives rolled. now you got a whole full round of actions, after that surprise round

this means yous hould probaply doble move or even take the run action

Beschoren
2012-12-17, 02:12 PM
:smallsigh: facepalm

I was waiting for chimare to act, but forgot he lost innitiative. posting tonight!

EDIT: sooo i failed my quest and won't be posting tonight

posting tomorrow night!

Crafty Cultist
2012-12-19, 01:05 AM
How high up is the ledge in front of korin?

Beschoren
2012-12-19, 03:18 PM
How high up is the ledge in front of korin?

oh sorry i missed that before

15 feet tall, very irregular (easy to climb). only siege weponry could knock it down.

Crafty Cultist
2012-12-20, 12:10 AM
rerolling weapon damage[roll0]

Teleporting is fun:smallbiggrin:

Duncfoo
2012-12-20, 01:09 PM
Yeah "Flicker" seems awesome, and great for the warrior spirit idea.

Beschoren
2012-12-22, 08:01 PM
ref saves vs entaglement (DC 16):

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Beschoren
2012-12-22, 08:11 PM
saves VS prayer DC 18
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Beschoren
2012-12-22, 09:42 PM
crit vs xilef: [roll0], extra damage [roll1]
crit vs spearman: [roll2], extra damage [roll3]x2

esorscher
2012-12-22, 10:41 PM
I can't really tell which guys are ours and which are the enemy... Any way we could color code them or something?

zagan
2012-12-23, 07:29 AM
I can't really tell which guys are ours and which are the enemy... Any way we could color code them or something?

I second that.

I roll Xilef Aoo here:

Claw:

Attack roll: [roll0] (+7 Bab, +7 Str, +1 ench, +1 haste, -1 size, +1 prayer)
Dmg roll: [roll1] ( +2 (1/4 HD) +7 Str, +1 ench, +1 ES, +1 prayer)

Even if he survived to hit me he doesn't confirm. (AC 26= 10 + 6 defense, +5 Dex, -1 size, +1 haste, +4 nat, +2 defl)

As for the sneak atack his attack miss even without dex and I have Imp uncanny dodge so I retain it anyway.

Beschoren
2012-12-23, 07:45 AM

oh, Im' sorry. I'll hadle that tonight or something

Beschoren
2012-12-23, 08:56 PM
there you got. enemies are over a red lined square, that shows the exact square they are on. I also gave up a closer zoom-on-the-action for this little update. any more issues?

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-p0jK1lbDuvk/UNe2O2imc3I/AAAAAAAAIpk/uiqmzGaifgY/s1024/Captura%2520de%2520tela%2520inteira%252023122012%2 520235348.jpg

esorscher
2012-12-24, 11:25 AM
Awesome, muchos gracias

Duncfoo
2012-12-24, 03:31 PM
Crit confirm: [roll0], Damage [roll1] + [roll2] Acid

Splat!

Happy Holidays everyone. I for one am excited for New Years.

Beschoren
2012-12-24, 03:38 PM
aye, happy holidays. hohoho!

I'm off on vacation, so posting might drop until jan 7.

Beschoren
2013-01-08, 08:45 PM
I'm back form vacation but my posts are huge while my gaming time is not. I will still need a few more days before posting, but enemy turn is halfway done!

(Uidon killed his target, xilef not. korin misses. incoming ogre!)

esorscher
2013-01-08, 08:46 PM
Welcome back!

Duncfoo
2013-01-08, 11:03 PM
Welcome Back! I feel bad for this Ogre.

zagan
2013-01-10, 05:04 AM
Critical threat on haste unarmed strike:

Confirm: [roll0] (+7 Bab, +9 Str, +1 ench, +1 haste, -1 size, +1 prayer, +2 charge, -2 twf)
Dmg: [roll1] (+9 Str, +1 ench, +1 prayer)

Crafty Cultist
2013-01-10, 12:15 PM
Attack of opportunity[roll]1d20+10[roll]
damage[roll0]

Crafty Cultist
2013-01-10, 12:16 PM
Rerolling attack roll [roll0]

Crafty Cultist
2013-01-10, 12:21 PM
Crit confirm[roll0]
damage[roll1]

Beschoren
2013-01-14, 02:47 PM
Is uidon blurring? in that case, no SA damage
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Yes, I'm considering entaglement
trying to remember and put all things in my posts, but boy, lot's of things happening at once. is there any issue?

Duncfoo
2013-01-14, 02:55 PM
Beschoren: Sorry I didn't have my full stats in that last one Beschoren. Uidon has 20% concealment from Blur, 3 rounds left. He also has Uncanny dodge for rogues level 8 or less.

You are doing well! this battle is going to be pure chaos.

One reminder: The Ranger's all had 15(ish, let's call it 15 to make it easy) Human Bane Arrows. That's +2 Attack, +2d6 Damage against humans. Uidon used "Weapon Augmentation, Lesser" on a batch of arrows at the start and divided them.

Everyone Else, Any tactical concerns at the moment?

Crafty Cultist
2013-01-15, 12:00 AM
Have we located where the slaves are being kept yet? I've kind of lost track.

esorscher
2013-01-15, 12:14 AM
Some of them seem to be being forced to fight us, thus the wall of smoke to delay their entry into the fray. We should try not to kill them. Hopefully if we can take out the big enemies then the rest will surrender/ flee and we can convince the slaves to rally to our cause.

Beschoren
2013-01-15, 11:21 AM
Have we located where the slaves are being kept yet? I've kind of lost track.

yes, that multitude of people near the tents just arround the wood pile was on. those are slaves and, yes, are being forced to take wepons to fight you. it is mostly those behind the wall of smoke.

Duncfoo
2013-01-15, 11:55 AM
Crafty, the mobs coming out of the wood pile behind the wall of smoke. Somehow we have to convince them to fight for us instead of against? Cries of "Freeeeeeeeeeeeedommmmmmmmm and "kill all the slavers!" Maybe?

Crafty Cultist
2013-01-15, 01:14 PM
What if perform a dance of death through the mix of slavers and slaves and only target the foes wearing armor?

Beschoren
2013-01-15, 02:12 PM
What if perform a dance of death through the mix of slavers and slaves and only target the foes wearing armor?

all guards you met so far are using leather or chain shirt armor. those beaten up guys forced to fight you and coming out of the slave pens are not. be mindfull that the wall of smoke might get you nauseated.

zagan
2013-01-15, 03:16 PM
The new guy in armor south of the ogre worry me a little we should try to take him out fast.

Beschoren
2013-01-15, 08:00 PM
IMPORTANT MAP UPDATE

I missplaced Elkal's 2º wall of smoke :smallredface:

with the wall on teh right position, it halted the movement of 2 swordsmen (that were not atatcking this round anyway, but now are ill-positioned).
please use this map, it is the right one. otherwise, enemy moves are the same.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-m8umrQo2KbQ/UPX7CFokOII/AAAAAAAAItk/whx3SA_viqE/s1024/Captura%2520de%2520tela%2520inteira%252015012013%2 520225704.jpg

Crafty Cultist
2013-01-15, 10:37 PM
Is there enough room between the grey object and the smoke wall for Korin to move between them?

zagan
2013-01-16, 02:31 AM
Beshoren: How many of my attacks hit the ogre last round ?

Aoo against armorded guy:

Claw:
Attack: [roll0] (+7 Bab, +9 Str, +1 ench, +1 haste, -1 size, +1 prayer, -2 secondary, +3 IC)
Dmg: [roll1] (+2 (1/4hd), +4 1/2Str, +1 ench, +1 ES, +1 prayer, +3 IC)

Duncfoo
2013-01-16, 02:32 AM
Minotaur Charge makes it so there are no AoOs for the Ogre for a bull rush. =:]

Also, does the dagger guy have to make a strength check to resist the bull rush? I was hoping to shove him into the Ogre.

Chimaera
2013-01-16, 06:01 AM
Aoo vs. sneaky dagger guy:
[roll0] dmg: [roll1]

Beschoren
2013-01-16, 08:52 AM
Is there enough room between the grey object and the smoke wall for Korin to move between them?

yes. it's a poorly made tent, you can kind of trample it. you will have to make a fort save vs the wall of smoke, however.

Beshoren: How many of my attacks hit the ogre last round ?

all of them. ogre barbarians are not known for high armor class.

Minotaur Charge makes it so there are no AoOs for the Ogre for a bull rush. =:]

Also, does the dagger guy have to make a strength check to resist the bull rush? I was hoping to shove him into the Ogre.

sorry, I thought it only prevented aoo from the defender. just ignore the ogre AoO. I made the strenght check on my desk (roled 7) and he moved until he bumped in the ogre. after that both the dagger guy and you went to valid squares. don't forget you have an AoO agaisnt him, since he tried dashing past you to attack nova.

Crafty Cultist
2013-01-16, 01:50 PM
Forgot to roll damage for shocking grasp[roll0]

Duncfoo
2013-01-16, 02:39 PM
Chimaera - Nova gets an extra turn this round d/t White Raven Tactics

Crafty - I love the mental picture of your giant warrior blinking around chopping fools. That Bind is nice.

AoO vs Dagger = Improved Trip touch attack: [roll0], Opposed Strength: [roll1] + Attack if Successful: [roll2] (Includes Prone penaly), Damage: [roll3] + [roll4] Acid

Critical Threat roll: [roll5], Damage: [roll6] + [roll7] Acid

Beschoren
2013-01-16, 06:02 PM
humpf, great, you killed my ogre! :smallmad:

xilef full round goes to the armored guy.

also, that AoO on the dagger guy dropped him

Duncfoo
2013-01-17, 07:06 PM
humpf, great, you killed my ogre! :smallmad:

xilef full round goes to the armored guy.

also, that AoO on the dagger guy dropped him

I did a little dance in celebration of the Ogre's death. Your sadness is my joy... of course I feel like Uidon just did a little kill stealing from Nova and Xilef.

esorscher - I like your work with the walls of smoke. Well placed.

esorscher
2013-01-17, 08:24 PM
Well, Duncfoo, you know I do what I do when I do what I do.

Beschoren
2013-01-17, 09:10 PM
there you, a few more rounds and the battle is over

but your problems are not.
there is a group os guards fleeing south,
a group of slaves fleeing south
and a group of slaves fleeing north

the armored guy has under 50% hp
this was the last round of haste on the followers. PCs got extended haste.

my dice were close at hand so i rolled a lot of thigns on my desk (grapple, tumble, a few attacks on followers, etc)

esorscher
2013-01-17, 09:14 PM
Damage on the guys captured by tentacles

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Duncfoo
2013-01-19, 01:43 PM
Scouts & Elkal can maybe swoop up the slaves heading south, entangle them if needed? Korin uidon and Lucky can collect the ones heading north?

esorscher
2013-01-19, 01:48 PM
Elkal has an entangle and more walls of smoke, and fireballs. If necessary he can cast invisibility and use run moves to get within range of fleeing groups without them noticing, then surprise fireball.

Crafty Cultist
2013-01-19, 02:36 PM
Fireballs don't seem wise with people we're trying to liberate. Walls of smoke sound good though.

esorscher
2013-01-19, 02:42 PM
I meant fireballs for the fleeing enemies.

Duncfoo
2013-01-19, 07:42 PM
We could start a "Fireballs for Everyone" policy? We could be known as the fairest around

Beschoren
2013-01-19, 10:15 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Charge: @ I,7 (Attack [roll0] + 2 Charge, +2 if Flanking Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] Acid

well, thats Seanon at I,7. would you mind picking another target? nevermind the battle is over. runing them down round by round will only delay our plot.

you still have survivors and slaves to handle, however.

Duncfoo
2013-01-19, 11:42 PM
Take that Seanon I vote no escapees. We could ambush a supply train on it's way to get extra supplies? More time to consolidate our gains?

Crafty Cultist
2013-01-20, 12:24 AM
If we stop any guards from escaping, we could probably ambush the next few supply shipments sent to the camp before they realize what has happened.

zagan
2013-01-20, 06:03 AM
I support the no escape plan, ambushing the next supply shipment sound like a great idea.
I don't have any spell prepared to deal with those that escaped but I can give chase if need, I'm the fastest one particularly with haste.

esorscher
2013-01-20, 09:55 AM
Elkal can fly at 240' movement and should probably be able to do the mop-up single handedly.

Beschoren
2013-01-20, 12:40 PM
Elkal can fly at 240' movement and should probably be able to do the mop-up single handedly.

right. all that circle of torches will help you locate them. a flying invisible hastened fireball-trowing archer will surely wack up any slaver. all the slavers on the south fornt, were you came in kicking, are aparently dead.

esorscher
2013-01-20, 12:44 PM
OOC, I suggest we loot everybody and everything.

esorscher
2013-01-20, 02:08 PM
Are they running in a group? Elkal can cast wall of smoke around them

Crafty Cultist
2013-01-20, 03:18 PM
Shall we give another ultimatum like back at our old camp? Either join the fight, or be escorted to the edge of the forest?

esorscher
2013-01-20, 03:21 PM
I think its better than letting them fend for themselves in the dangerous forest

Beschoren
2013-01-20, 07:10 PM
You know, I do have a new idea.

Just a while ago I DMed a one-shot adventure with a few friends that turned out to be really a great game. I have all the plot and sheets done and ready... would you like to revive it in PbP?

It should be a short game (players made it in a single in-day-game) whit rather large amount of some investigation at the start and a few combats by the end. Since what takes most of my time is making and updating the maps and NPC rolls, PCs investigation should be easy for me to handle (does not take so much of my time) so it should not hinder this present game (nor the other worldly events of my life)..

Also, I'm kind of (very) curious to see how different groups tackle the same quest. I might just run this adventure over and over again to different people over the years.

here's the specifics (shortened 16 questions)

- ECL 6 (yes, you can take Zagan's templates or a different race)

- Standard wealth by level (13k), 32 point buy, max hp/HD. Here's the introductory scene

- It is suposed to be much more simple than our Slaves game (lesser number and variety enemies, less world exploration, less "thick" plot, and the plot actually ends at a point but continuity is possible)

- DM does not control any kind of PC to help you, and I won't be giving free hints. you're on your own!

-------------------------------------------

You're between adventures at the city of Jeba, west of the Realm of Jalavia, having your beer-for-breakfast. This particular city is well habitated by adventurers, mercenaries and freelancers, since the Duque of Jeba often rellies on paid mercenary work rather than delegate issues for commisioners, secretaries, and other nobleman. Your breakfast is interrupted by someone who enters the Tavern of the Old Gus... The Duque's right hand and cusin, The well-known ex-mercenary Serjon, who is the best contract filler in the region. He usually finds appropriate workers for whatever mission the duque has to issue. half the tavern's costumers greet him from afar, and then he comes to join you at your table with a simile on his face.

--------- who's in?

esorscher
2013-01-20, 07:12 PM
I am interested but I don't want to stop playing this game. I will work on a sheet.

Crafty Cultist
2013-01-20, 07:14 PM
I have a lot on my plate right now, so I'm not sure I have time for another game. Sorry. Hope you have fun though!

Beschoren
2013-01-20, 07:53 PM
I am interested but I don't want to stop playing this game. I will work on a sheet.

this game here goes on normally. jsut cheking in if we have enought intrested people (3 PCs and we're good).

Traits are ok, but no flaws tonight

Chimaera
2013-01-20, 10:35 PM
If you need someone you can always count on me o/
But if you find ther players give them the priority.

esorscher
2013-01-20, 11:13 PM
Lets have the followers look for maps :)

Duncfoo
2013-01-21, 01:41 AM
I'll read your game post later.

Diplomacy Roll: [roll0]

zagan
2013-01-21, 04:51 AM
I'll be interested too, how much time would we have to create the character ?

Beschoren
2013-01-21, 07:22 AM
I'll be interested too, how much time would we have to create the character ?

as much as needed, don't take rush. I'll create a separe OOC/IC soon.

I belive elkal is going rougue

zagan
2013-01-21, 02:11 PM
as much as needed, don't take rush. I'll create a separe OOC/IC soon.

I belive elkal is going rougue

Okay, I think I'll go sorcerer personally.
A few question:
Are flaw/trait allowed ?
Are setting specific feat allowed ? (I'm thinking about eberron mostly and dragonmark in particular, strip of their fluff of course).

Beschoren
2013-01-21, 03:30 PM
Okay, I think I'll go sorcerer personally.
A few question:
Are flaw/trait allowed ?
Are setting specific feat allowed ? (I'm thinking about eberron mostly and dragonmark in particular, strip of their fluff of course).

here's the new OOC: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14568521#post14568521

Crafty if you feel like joing in later just ask

esorscher
2013-01-23, 08:41 AM
If that search check turns out to be impactful I will take 20 on it.

zagan
2013-01-23, 03:38 PM
Very interesting twist there beschoren. Xilef don't know yet but it's nice. Xilef herself won't care much she would have done the same even if she had know about the consequense. It will be interesting to see how this goes.

Beschoren
2013-01-23, 03:47 PM
Very interesting twist there beschoren. Xilef don't know yet but it's nice. Xilef herself won't care much she would have done the same even if she had know about the consequense. It will be interesting to see how this goes.

take a look on post #949.

if that made any of the players actually feeling bad for a second I must say I made my job as a DM - squezing even bad emotions out of you :xykon:

zagan
2013-01-23, 04:18 PM
As a player yeah I must admit that I feel a little something, I didn't expect that twist.
But Xilef ? She's not evil (well I don't consider her so, I'll let you be the judge) but she's pragmatic, if the man won't even stop to listen and try to attack a very clearly superior foe then he is not be trusted. He want to die free then he died free.
But now I don't know what to do with the girl, if I take her back then it's the same thing she's liable to coup de grace me in my sleep (an fail). On the other hand I can't let her go, I've just sprinted after them all to prevent their escape as to not alert anyone of what we've done.
Xilef still has some remnant of maternal instinct, she won't kill her just because it's convenient.
I need to think about it. (good job)

Beschoren
2013-01-23, 05:03 PM
I need to think about it. (good job)

I understand xilef's position (I kind of imagined she would try to disarm him), but now she will have to deal with the fact she killed a slave trying to escape from captors, in front of his family leftovers. and then say "I'm here to help you. now take this blade and fight my foes."

esorscher
2013-01-23, 06:59 PM
Dude tough choice... when I read that I was like "oh no!"

Although I first pictured this when I read grill (http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/shalamov/shalamov0902/shalamov090200050/4318750-grilling-at-summer-weekend-fresh-meat-and-vegetables-preparing-on-grill.jpg).

Duncfoo
2013-01-24, 01:35 PM
I was said to myself "Oh hey that guy will be our new berserker" and then "oh hey that guy met our current beserker". I like the moral grey and tough choices.

A few questions for clarification: I thought that it was a "born into slavery" population. So these people were snagged from their village to fill the slave role? I can work with either idea... or... "You don't know!"

zagan
2013-01-24, 05:38 PM
I'm still debatting on what to do, I was thinking of trying to prepare and cast the reincarnate spell but we don't have 1000gp of oil. Could have been a cool roleplay opportunity.
My first idea was using nonlethal damage to put the girl down and consult with the other but it's too late now. Ha well I'll come up with something eventually.

Crafty Cultist
2013-01-24, 11:55 PM
Korin might be a little harsh towards Xilef because of this. I think it will be fun to RP, but tell me if I start acting like a jerk.

Beschoren
2013-01-25, 08:10 AM
Korin might be a little harsh towards Xilef because of this. I think it will be fun to RP, but tell me if I start acting like a jerk.

seanon will be pissed as hell too once he finds out.

Korin and Xilef are a bit away from the main group. you still have to join the others and tell "the news"

duncfoo: yes, you guys were born straight into slavery, and won't be the only ones. but as you can see now, the Empire takes slaves from the population whenever they want.

Duncfoo
2013-01-25, 11:31 AM
I'm still debatting on what to do, I was thinking of trying to prepare and cast the reincarnate spell but we don't have 1000gp of oil. Could have been a cool roleplay opportunity.

I was thinking this could be a fun option for RP. We have some treasure and an amount of money that is just sort of liquid (as in not assigned to anything, just value in the tower). Beschoren might allow you to use that. I like the RP chance for this.

Beschoren
2013-01-25, 12:14 PM
I was thinking this could be a fun option for RP. We have some treasure and an amount of money that is just sort of liquid (as in not assigned to anything, just value in the tower). Beschoren might allow you to use that. I like the RP chance for this.

yes, actually you do. check again our reserves and resources tread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239929)

There are other usefull things, related to crafting of magic and mundane itens

10k worth in Adamantine
5k worth in darkwood
10k worth in Mithral
2k worth in alchemichal silver
40k worth in crafting components, such as rare oils, tints, ores and reagents, used as raw material for crafting of any magical iten.

[/spoiler]

you could totally use that to fuel a reincarnation spell

RP wise, transformations to dwarf, elf, gnome, etc will jsut be described as "very stout/nimble/short" human. transofrmation to troglodite, bugbear, gnoll or lizardfolk will be described as "bestial creature, much like xilef when she shifts"

Duncfoo
2013-01-25, 12:51 PM
As to some of the Ravage infected evil slavers: I say we let any of them who wish to leave go. If we can get this plague against evil started in the empire it could support our cause. (I love playing a neutral character for once)

zagan
2013-01-25, 04:40 PM
yes, actually you do. check again our reserves and resources tread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239929)

you could totally use that to fuel a reincarnation spell

RP wise, transformations to dwarf, elf, gnome, etc will jsut be described as "very stout/nimble/short" human. transofrmation to troglodite, bugbear, gnoll or lizardfolk will be described as "bestial creature, much like xilef when she shifts"

Ah, well in that case I'll totally do that when I can. I don't have enough time to post IC now but I'll tomorow or sunday at worst.

Duncfoo
2013-01-31, 03:11 PM
So what are our next steps guys? So far I see these things as important:

- what to do w/ the resistant ex slaves

- what to do w/ the "hardened" ex slaves

- what to do w/ the weak ex slaves

- What to do w/ the guards

- what to do w/ the camp

- Long term goals

I'll edit my replies to each. Let me know if I am missing something.

zagan
2013-01-31, 04:37 PM
So what are our next steps guys? So far I see these things as important:

- what to do w/ the resistant ex slaves

- what to do w/ the "hardened" ex slaves

- what to do w/ the weak ex slaves

- What to do w/ the guards

- what to do w/ the camp

- Long term goals

I'll edit my replies to each. Let me know if I am missing something.

Keep them here until we can ambush a supply train, that way they can leave with some supply and don't reveal our action immediatly.

train them to figh.

put them to work making food for us, chicken, pigs, growing plant (xiled will help). We really need it.

Xilef will suggest putting them to work only fair and we'll treat them better than what they did to the ex-slave.
But I'm sure our paladin of freedom will object so just kill them (freeing their souls):smallsmile:

Leave it empty and ambush anyone who come to investigate, perhaps putting trap.

Overthrow the tyranical gouvernment ?

Duncfoo
2013-01-31, 05:41 PM
1. Resistant Ex Slaves Lock em up! Keep them sperate from guards. Treat them well, but as prisoners. Maybe some will see the light? Ask them one more time to join then release them after we figure out our next step w/ some food and water. Include as many as possible w/ the Evil Only disease.

2. Hardened ex Slaves
Give them responsibility and choice. Ask them to volunteer for duties (Guard, Maintenance, foraging). Start training them to fit in with the burdgeoning army. Divide them between skirmisher, archer, lancers again?

3. Weak ex slaves
Ask to see which kind of them used to be tradesmen. I think these guys being abducted can help. If we have a few skilled farmers, foragers, etc would make a big difference.

4. Guards
Take them aside, see if any of them want to join? Uidon is all about interrogating them. We should keep them seperate from the other prisoners and in a tent so they can't see preparations. minimal food and water. Release them with the other prisoners if we don't kill them. We'll need to come up with questions to ask them... and ask the same set between guards to test validity of answers.

5. What to do w/ the camp
Do we have a pyro in the group? :p I think we all agree: Wait for a supply train to ambush. We can get more info about this from the guards...

But. Do we want to strike camp right now; hold positions. What do we do with all this stuff? Obviously we take it, use the tents for our own good...

6. Long Term
Bandit Kings, Armies of Glory, Suicidal Strike on the Emperor? Where does your character see himself?

Uidon is all about option #2. It's a hard sell though. We need to take a city eventually. Probably more camps / towns next though. I'll have to go look at that map of the area... but we need more intel.

esorscher
2013-01-31, 07:56 PM
1- what to do w/ the resistant ex slaves

See if they are still resistant after killing the guards. If they are, find out where they intend to go/ what to do with their freedom. Maybe kill them (away from the others if Elkal has to--he will volunteer to take them to the forest's edge)

2- what to do w/ the "hardened" ex slaves

Train as fighters esp. with longbows and spears (professional soldiers); guard groups that leave camp.

3- what to do w/ the weak ex slaves

Gather. Craft. Farm. Train (see 5)

4- What to do w/ the guards

Question them about the area in private one by one. Torture if necessary. Find out where the enemy is, their headquarters, and generally more about the area/ world around us.

Then

Kill them in front of the all ex-slaves with a fireball. I was so concerned with battlefield control and so effective was the rest of the party that Elkal never used one during the battle, and he would like to demonstrate to the new followers (initiates?) his magical power. Fire is always impressive.

And I don't trust them for an instant.

5- what to do w/ the camp:

(I took this to mean our camp. If the question is what to do with their camp, loot it for everything we can--are there any logbooks or journals or maps or anything written down?--then burn it)

I was looking in the resources thread and couldn't find how many followers/ animals etc. I would like to divide up our followers to different things.

I would like to establish a labor schedule (something like the following) and divide labor depending on how many people we have.

Sunday (or world equivalent day): Rest
Monday: Work
Tuesday: Work
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Work
Friday: Work
Saturday: Rest

Work is either Gather, Craft, Farm, or Train, or Special Assignment.

Gather: food, catch insects and collect all manner of small flora and fauna to study alchemical/ nutritional properties. Maybe some produce rare materials like silkworms. (Fun fact: on one tree in the Amazon rainforest 80 different species of ants were found and within 2 sq. miles 3,000 different species of plants, 500 different species of animal.)

Craft: axes, crossbows, bolts, arrows, clubs, masterwork skill items (craft: armorsmithing carpentry, blacksmithing, bowmaking, weaponsmithing; handle animal; search; survival), tents, ??. Use aid another with unseen crafters or make on their own, whatever produces the most the fastest.

Farm: Clear land near water for wood and farmland. Start chopping wood for lumber. Plant and tend seeds of gathered fruits/ vegetables.

Train: train with experienced fighters (professional soldiers teach militia) to use crossbows in rotating three person teams--one reloads (two crossbows as double move) the other two shoot.

Also:

Trade with the villages these people came from (if they still exist) for domesticated animals like but not only horses, dogs, cats, pigs, sheep, chickens. Trade for breeding animals and eggs/ young animals if necessary.

Catch and tame wild animals, relying on information from initiates but Elkal will do it (with the help of whoever is skilled at such things and using masterwork skill tools, nets, etc).

Spend one whole day (or more time if necessary) searching every inch of the place from top to bottom for secret chambers or hidden caches of scrolls/ magic items.

Is there a water source near the tower?

6- Long term goals

Free slaves, find magic items. Maybe create a religion around nature in order to start training clerics?

Beschoren
2013-01-31, 09:05 PM
okeeey, so we got tons of possibilities. prepare yourself for a looong DM IC post!