PDA

View Full Version : Aaaahhh!!!! The Slaves Got Magic!!! OOC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

zagan
2013-07-26, 02:50 PM
I didn't expect it so soon but it's great, I will take the time to level up Xilef.

As for the wurmskin if we have teleport then yes, transporting it to the follower to make armor seem like a good idea.

Duncfoo
2013-07-26, 04:54 PM
Updated Sheet:Uidon T'trow (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=316125)

zagan
2013-07-27, 05:19 AM
Okay so here is the result of Xilef level up:

Hp: 8+3= 11 -> 119
BaB: +1 = +8/+3
Base Save: Fort: +1 (+8) Ref: +1 (+5) Will: +0 (+6)
Skills: +3 skill point (all in concentration)
Druids spells: 5th level spell (2 slot, 1 for class and 1 for wisdom), +1 2nd lvl spell slot
Shifter druid abilities: Venom immunity, +4 bonus to one physical ability score (instead of +2), + 1 bonus spell slot (1st, 2nd or 3rd level) touch or personal range (but can only be cast on self) and casting time become a swift action.
WTM abilities Frightfull shifting (if shifting when attacking or charging opponent within 30ft are shaken for 5d6 rounds if faill will save (DC 10+lvl+cha=10+4-2=12) affected only creature with less HD than me (8) and it's a mind effecting fear effect.
Bonus shifter feat.
Feats: I retrain my Great Rend feat for Superior Unarmed strike and I take Great rend as my WTM 4 feat. As for my 9th level feat see below.
Massive damage: 43
Action point: 9 (2d6 use highest)
edit: defense bonus +1 (+7)

BESCHOREN: I need to ask about my 9th lvl feat, I was thinking about the beast strike feat (it's from dragon mag 355 p76) it allow me to add my claw base dmg to my unarmed strike. What do you think ?

Beschoren
2013-07-27, 09:16 AM
teleport - all read

I don't see why not.

Teleport (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/teleport.htm)

"This spell instantly transports you to a designated destination, which may be as distant as 100 miles per caster level. Interplanar travel is not possible. You can bring along objects as long as their weight doesnít exceed your maximum load. You may also bring one additional willing Medium or smaller creature (carrying gear or objects up to its maximum load) or its equivalent (see below) per three caster levels."

The wurm's body pieces weights several tons (bulky colossal creature), it would kind of take forever to take it to the tower with teleportation.

plus, you have to handle the limit on number of creatures teleported (3 aditional creatures besides teleporter)

Also, you have teleport miss chance. you can consider the tower as familiar, of course. however, you have never seen the city you want to teleport to, so not even "viewed once" applies at the moment

paladin stuff

you may take the spelless variant, but you may not gain a bonus feat out of nowhere :smallannoyed:

to replace mount:
CHARGING SMITE
Despite the glorious vision of a shining knight atop a warhorse
charging into combat, the reality in the D&D game is
that itís far from easy (and sometimes impossible) to bring
a big animal along on your dungeon crawl. To avoid the
drain on time and resources created by a special mount you
might not even be able to use, you can select the charging
smite alternative class feature instead. You still leap into
the fray, taking the fi ght to the enemy, but you do so in a
manner that better matches the typical combat found in
a D&D game.
Level: 5th.
Replaces: If you select this class feature, you do not gain
a special mount.
Benefit: Beginning at 5th level, if you smite evil on a
charge attack, you deal an extra 2 points of damage per
paladin level to any evil creature you hit (in addition to the
normal bonus damage dealt by a smite). If the charge attack
misses, the smite ability is not considered used. This is a
supernatural ability.

xilef feats

retraining and taking again the same feat is fine but i don't think we should add claw damage to your unarmed strikes. I'm already having difficulties handling xilef's damage output, I'm not willing to drasticly raise it jsut like that. it will be too much extra damage with a single feat.

I'm sure you'll find other feats arround =D

zagan
2013-07-27, 09:35 AM
xilef feats

retraining and taking again the same feat is fine but i don't think we should add claw damage to your unarmed strikes. I'm already having difficulties handling xilef's damage output, I'm not willing to drasticly raise it jsut like that. it will be too much extra damage with a single feat.

I'm sure you'll find other feats arround =D

Okay, I'll search for something else.

edit: finding a feat that don't increase my damage output too much and that interested me may take a little time.

esorscher
2013-07-27, 09:37 AM
I forgot about feats, not sure what to take for Seanon or Elkal, any ideas?

zagan
2013-07-28, 08:59 AM
Beschoren: Okay I've made a selection of feat that may interesed me and that do not directly improve the damage I deal. Let me know which one are allowed and then I'll choose.

Raging Luck: (EBCS) gain 1 temporary action point while raging.
Font of Life: (HoH) gain a second save against energy drain and nagative lvl.
Martial study (cloak of decption): (ToB) 1/encounter swift invisibility
Martial study (shadow jaunt): (ToB) 1/encounter standard action teleport max 50ft.
Summon Elemental: (CM) At will standard action summon small elemental for number of rounds equal to highest lvl spell.
Enduring Life: (ECR) Retard effect of negative lvl by con bonus minutes.
Mutable boy: (RoE) +1 caster lvl to transmutation spell cast on me (if I choose) and I can spend 2 action point to empower or extend a transmutation spell cast on me.
Warden initiate: (EBCS) Gain +2 deflection bonus to AC while in forest and add the following spell to druid spell list: protection from evil, detect though, displacement, locate creature, hold monster, repulsion, banishment, screen, mass hold monster.

I'll also like to hear the opinion of the other player on this choice if they have any advice (or even feat I didn't consider).

Chimaera
2013-07-29, 01:11 PM
Nova (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=620482), changed some stuff I did wrong and level up done!

Chimaera
2013-07-29, 01:19 PM
I'll also like to hear the opinion of the other player on this choice if they have any advice (or even feat I didn't consider).

Power attack or Intuitive Strike?

Beschoren
2013-07-29, 09:13 PM
I forgot about feats, not sure what to take for Seanon or Elkal, any ideas?

I was taking iten creation stuff and sudden metamagic stuff for Seanon. Still, I'm quite sure I'll re-re-rebuild seanon once you hand me him back (you're the 3ļ person to control him)

Beschoren: Okay I've made a selection of feat that may interesed me and that do not directly improve the damage I deal. Let me know which one are allowed and then I'll choose.

I think any of those feats are fine.

In facts it is fine too to take damage increasing feats, but adding claw damage to each and every single of your unarmed attacks was a bit overwhelming.
--------------------------------

I belive teleporting the wurm is impossible and carring it is too difficult. I'll jsut consider you will take a short rest and continue your travels.

esorscher
2013-07-29, 09:15 PM
I gave Seanon Craft Rod so he can make metamagic rods. Pretty useful stuff. I gave Elkal sudden widen, for fireballs and whatnot.

esorscher
2013-07-29, 09:29 PM
Regarding preparations, I say we be very subtle and look like travelers, put our weapons away, walk in a simple marching order, try and avoid attention as much as possible. If Seanon has any gold I don't know about it.

Duncfoo
2013-07-29, 11:44 PM
Zagan I always like to have Close-Quarters Fighting (http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-warrior--61/close-quarters-fighting--365/)

As to how we approach the town... That might be tricky. We look like slobs right now (I think?). Tattered clothes. The city will be a strange thing.

Does anyone have a bird or scout they can send out to check out the gate? See if people line up or what is normal here.

zagan
2013-07-30, 07:33 AM
I think any of those feats are fine.

In facts it is fine too to take damage increasing feats, but adding claw damage to each and every single of your unarmed attacks was a bit overwhelming.

Okay, I understand, In any case I'll be taking warden initiate, the spell are interesting particularly displacement.

Zagan I always like to have Close-Quarters Fighting

I did consider it but to avoid grapple I have relatively easy acces to freedom fo movement.

Beschoren
2013-08-11, 06:32 PM
long IC post, but the plot lives on!

big resume: The Czar Rasvack arrived out of nowhere with huge magic powers and subdued the entire country in a few days. no one was ever a match for him, and hope died. and all resistence you faced so far was only from regular arimes, not his special forces. The old man then advises you to keep away from the keep.

any questions? i can better explain things OOC if you wish I expected you to come to the city before you went to the forest *.*

Chimaera
2013-08-12, 05:50 AM
I was thinking, maybe we could take over an abandoned home and make it our own place to stay. What you guys think?

Nova would like to know what the laws are, if people armed are asked questions and what kind of behavior brings the guards running at you.

Some questions about any resistance and locals in the city would be good too.

esorscher
2013-08-12, 08:37 AM
I was thinking, maybe we could take over an abandoned home and make it our own place to stay. What you guys think?

Nova would like to know what the laws are, if people armed are asked questions and what kind of behavior brings the guards running at you.

I like that idea and I like those questions.

Duncfoo
2013-08-14, 01:08 AM
Sorry August is the worse month for me. I'm preparing for Burning Man currently. I am in charge of a 20 person 10 day gourmet kitchen that has to somehow work in the desert. I'll be spotty the rest of the month and gone between August 21st and September 3rd.

Just have Uidon grunt some and make rational choices?

zagan
2013-08-14, 03:26 PM

I like it too, once we finished with the old man we should do that.

Duncfoo
2013-08-15, 06:18 PM
I say yes to the abandoned house. We want less people to see us armed and well, awesome. Better chance with connecting to the lower class population.

What is our goal in town really? We wanted to learn some more about what we are up against... and... sheesh. Seems like we really will need to a better game plan before we think to take a town over or challenge any army!

esorscher
2013-08-15, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty terrified of what we are facing... Hopefully rumors of our enemy's power are greater than our enemy's actual power. But fighting dragons at our level seems like suicide. I think we should focus on training ourselves, grind a while to gain levels before going up against the army, let our followers basically just survive/ thrive in the forest. Depending on what Elkal brings back from the mines, that could be a good next step. But trying to take over Kvatch right now doesn't sound like a good idea.

Beschoren
2013-08-17, 02:41 PM
don't worry too much about current power level. this is a not a you're-not-suposed-to-be-in-this-area-at-this-level-yet game.

just a little heads up: I'm off to a 2 weeks science thingy trip, but i think I'll be able to post normally.

Chimaera
2013-08-17, 04:55 PM
Ok, my plan:
1: make a hideout for us to/from Teleport;
2: look for work at the army to get money and info from the inside;
3: with some money arrange an updated map (in case our map is out-of-date);
4: wait for Elkal to arrive in town with info about the iron mines;
5: sneak into the castle;
6: take it over, killing the Empire's enforcers and nobles;
7: steal all gold, jewels, metal weapons, armor and shield for our treasury/army;
8: burn the whole castle and Teleport away with loot and go take the iron mines;

This is what i was thinking, the problem is: maybe the empire would turn their rage and brutality toward the people in town, and that's bad :smallmad:

I would like to, somewhere between my plan, to raise a hidden resistance in the town and take some of them with us to be trainned in the woods, but it may complicate some stuff, they could become traitors etcetera.

An army hidden here just waiting for a signal to take over the city when time has come would be interesting, speccially if we manage to do it in every town in the country and rebeliate in a single day (using teleport and stuff to lead them in every battle).

This way the enemy wouldn't be able to recapture everything in a single day or would have to split his army (and get it destroyed by us). It could even leave the capitol less fortified.

Of course, we have to think everything in some details.
But what you guys think?
We'll need weapons, gold and info.

esorscher
2013-08-17, 04:58 PM
I like the idea of leaving a hidden resistance force behind, i imagine the hard part will be convincing people to trust us when they are probably really afraid of the bad guys. Maybe our hideout could be used to train them here rather than train them in the forest, then we dont have to worry about traitors.

Chimaera
2013-08-17, 05:06 PM
But will kind hard to just train people in an abandoned cottage.

One thing I though too was the following: "capturing the city" and fleeing, killing their enforcer's and putting ours in disguise there. Whoever comes to recapture the city wouldn't know anyone, after all they're just foot soldiers, not lietnaunts, nobles, nor anything. The city would belong to them again, they would put another noble, another marshall, etcetera, but the main part of the army here would be our men.

So, they would use their colors, but be out spies.
When time come we would make them revolt and recapture everything.

Or something like that...

esorscher
2013-08-17, 05:36 PM
But will kind hard to just train people in an abandoned cottage.

One thing I though too was the following: "capturing the city" and fleeing, killing their enforcer's and putting ours in disguise there. Whoever comes to recapture the city wouldn't know anyone, after all they're just foot soldiers, not lietnaunts, nobles, nor anything. The city would belong to them again, they would put another noble, another marshall, etcetera, but the main part of the army here would be our men.

So, they would use their colors, but be out spies.
When time come we would make them revolt and recapture everything.

Or something like that...

I like that plan, and regarding training, the house could be used as an in-town teleport place once Seanon sees it, and then we could find a place just outside of town to make our training site. Like a half-days walk from the village, in the woods. We could take prospective resistance fighters to the hideout house, then Seanon could teleport them to the training site, then teleport them back at the end of the day. That way they wouldn't know where to bring bad guys if they did want to rat us out, for some reason.

Chimaera
2013-08-17, 05:41 PM
Good! Any more ideas? Need to know what everyone is thinking. :smallsmile:

Duncfoo
2013-08-18, 06:16 PM
Lots of ideas! Little time:

1. Let's not kill nobles / enforcers / etc yet. We don't want that spot light on us just this moment.

2. What do people need? Food, Security, HOPE. Let's get meet that need.

3. How about we start small? Our goal here is to learn about what we face. Let's make some contacts in town. With how downtrodden and destitute everything is there might not be more than a handful of sympathizers. Most people are just trying to survive here right now.

4. My thought would be to manipulate / kill off some local small threat to people, start that seed of hope and establish a "base" (even just a cottage) here and move to the next place. Start getting a few followers in town and have them lay low. Continue to the next town and do the same thing.

5. We need to figure out how to hurt the people in charge. Nobles are easily replaced. What do they actually care about? Money / Power to keep the system propped up? Let's learn more and do both attacking of the outside bases / set up shops in town.

Sorry wanted to get these typed up quickly.

Duncfoo
2013-08-22, 03:30 AM
Out of town with no reception until the 3rd. Have a good weekend.

zagan
2013-08-24, 01:05 PM
Beschoren: Now that we are looking for an abandonned house to transformed into a "base". I have one question about the village, in which material are the house build ? Stone, wood, brick, mud ?

Beschoren
2013-08-25, 08:14 AM
sorry 'ive disapeared for so long. the science thingy over here really took all my time.

the houses are built with all kinds of materials, and more often thna not with two or more of them. Mud, bricks, cut stone, uncut rocks, planks, logs, leather all in a mix.

posting IC

esorscher
2013-08-25, 08:44 AM
I vote for 2 or 3.

Chimaera
2013-08-25, 08:49 AM
The house number 1 seems ok to me, but we would have to manage to block it without getting much attention;

The house number 2 seems like a place where someone died form a plague or something (only reason I can think to be barricated from the outside);

The house number 3 seems habitated, maybe by a group of beggers or somehting. Maybe they're off begging or stealing and will come back tonight.

House number 1 or 2 for me.

Crafty Cultist
2013-08-25, 02:28 PM
The group seems to be headed towards number 2. Should we try and leave the barricade intact as so not to arouse suspicion?

Beschoren
2013-08-25, 10:18 PM
The group seems to be headed towards number 2. Should we try and leave the barricade intact as so not to arouse suspicion?

do you have any option besides brute force? attacking the barricating wooden planks should easely achive sucess for you (no roll needed)

Chimaera
2013-08-25, 11:29 PM
Nova can get invisible and we can do it at night or something.
Doesn't Korin have that teleporting ability from a vestige? If so I can make him invisible for him him to check out the inside.

Crafty Cultist
2013-08-26, 12:57 AM
That sounds like a good idea. The ability description doesn't mention line of sight or line of effect

zagan
2013-08-26, 04:00 AM
Yeah the second house seem like a good choice, and if it's made of stone Xilef can reinforced the wall.

esorscher
2013-08-26, 08:52 AM
Maybe we can cut lines down the sides of the barricade so it appears intact (close inspection would reveal it wasn't) and we can open it. I agree, teleporting sounds good.

Chimaera
2013-08-26, 10:59 AM
Just in case Nova will use Detect Evil to see if there is any evil creature inside or any lingering evil effect (he'll do it while there's no one looking).

Beschoren
2013-08-26, 05:29 PM
allright,

it is pretty much night already

Korin can try teleporting in. if he tries teleporting into solid or occupied space (% chance) he fails and takes damage.

You may post your decisions IC. Crafty may roll 1-100% too. roll it a few times os if you fail you won't need to post again.

s clean cut to the barricate would require a saw. i think you left that kind fo thing back in camp.

Beschoren
2013-08-31, 07:59 PM
for sucess, korin must roll 1= higher; 2= lower then

[roll0],[roll1] or take [roll2] damage
[roll3],[roll4] or take [roll5] damage
[roll6],[roll7] or take [roll8] damage
[roll9],[roll10] or take [roll11] damage
[roll12],[roll13] or take [roll14] damage

Beschoren
2013-09-01, 08:49 AM
there are enought space arround nearby yards or plain ground for you trying to dig up a hole. it would take a while to create this, however.

Beschoren
2013-09-07, 02:56 PM
ok folks, you're safe inside and someone saw you taking the barricate down.

It's early morning in the next day. what will you do?

also, have you done anything else still during the night? you may still post the before night actions

Chimaera
2013-09-07, 03:00 PM
Nova has nothing to do at night, unless someone else need help or company.

Duncfoo
2013-09-07, 03:19 PM
As for the basement; Using Architecture and Engineering + Minor Creations + Inflict / Restore Damage + maybe a Xilef's Sclupt Stone...

The more important discussion: Now what? How viable is it that our slaves infiltrate the city? This might be just a good moment for us to learn and collect information by just scouting around the city. How will we best weaken the empire and outfit ourselves to deal with the Darkwings & other ass kickers?

Duncfoo
2013-09-12, 08:27 PM
Do we need to make a new OOC thread since we are over 50 pages

Beschoren
2013-09-12, 11:07 PM
Do we need to make a new OOC thread since we are over 50 pages

I'll do that!

as soon as I return from another sciency-thingy trip :smallbiggrin:. 1 week fully away.

Yes, yes, I've been neglecting the game more often than not :smallfrown:, but it is for science!

Duncfoo
2013-09-13, 01:45 AM
I have a big tattoo that says "SCIENCE" in a rocket ship shooting lasers at tentacles. I support you.

Beschoren
2013-09-23, 04:13 PM
here's our new OOC thread

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16082731#post16082731

DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE