PDA

View Full Version : cleric summoner/ with melee options

Bloodymango
2011-07-19, 08:28 PM
this is what i have so far for this build. KoTR is knight of the raven from (EtCR). need a little help with a few feats that would either bolster my summons or make me a more deadly melee combatant. Also looking for a class for the ending of this build. an * states i get a spellm progression. plz no ToB.

1 cleric* Spell Foucus (con), augment summining
2 cleric*
3 cleric* BECKON THE FROZEN
4 cleric*
5 ordained champ
6 KoTR cloudy conjuration
7 KoTR*
8 KoTR*
9 KoTR* DMM quicken
10 KoTR*
11 KoTR*
12 ordained champ * HOLY WARRIOR/power attack/feat/feat
13 ordained champ *
14 KoTR*
15 KoTR* extra turning
16 KoTR*
17 KoTR*
18 feat

kimboslice3334
2011-07-20, 09:11 AM
your spreading yourself thin pick 1 topic and stick to it

Feytalist
2011-07-20, 09:43 AM
To be an okay summoner you only really need a few feats, Augment Summoning being the usual one, and some reliable way summons. A few levels of Malconvoker/Thaumaturgist doesn't hurt, but is not really necessary. So once you have that, just focus on melee.

I don't really know koTR so I can't really comment on your build, but seems fine.

Godskook
2011-07-20, 10:26 AM
To be a cleric is to have melee options. Clear your mind, you know this to be true.

As far as summoning goes, if you're good, try to dip as many levels of malconvoker as possible.

And in more seriousness about the melee side, all you ever really need or want to be a strong melee threat as a cleric is 6 feats: PA, Imp. BR, Sock Trooper, DMM(Persist), Extend/Persist metamagic. You can pick up extend spell with a domain, and a fighter dip is always great on a cleric, meaning you'll only need 4 feat slots to go the rest of the way.

Also, you can't take DDM without the pre-requisite metamagic feat(technically you can, if you like setting feats on fire, but meh). This was added in the errata.

Finally, Cloudy Conjuration is worthless to you, imho.

NecroRick
2011-07-20, 11:35 AM
The domain that grants extend is Planning, which is otherwise "meh" until you get to the level 9 domain spell whereupon it becomes "OMGWTFBBQ!"

Eberron has the feat Mastery of the Twilight Denizens which extends summoning. If you're focusing on one kind of thing for cheesy metamagic the best one isn't even metamagic:

You cast summoning (twinned or repeating) using DMM. Next round cast the same summon spell again, and it gets the previous metamagic for free! 4 for the price of 2! :D The feat is Residual Magic from complete mage.

Possibly also consider the feat Rapid Spell to get the summons off faster or extend to make them last longer. I'm guessing though that at high levels extend on a summons isn't that big a deal. If you extend it to 20 rounds but the combat only lasts for 8 there might not be much point.