PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Druid and Bard Healing

DefKab
2011-07-20, 08:16 AM
I was reading an article today, on Pathfinder's druid, and how a particular person was upset by the sub-par healing the new druid has compared to the cleric. He suggested ways to 'close the gap' between the druid and the Paladin in regards to healing.

Does this really need to happen? Does the druid REALLY need to able to Cure at range?
He stated that a dedicated healer druid was just not up to par when thrown into a party, stating a 15 minute adventuring day.
Maybe he shouldn't have been a druid to be a dedicated healer...?

With all that the druid has going for it, does it really need to do one more thing well?

He then stated that he didn't mind the Bard's abysmal healing capabilities.

The Bard's a great class... Known to be ok at everything, wouldn't you want the Bard to be 'ok' at healing too?

What do we think playgrounders? Is this guy obsessed with Druids, or does he have a point?

Blisstake
2011-07-20, 09:53 AM
I remember that...

Anyway, druids aren't really meant to be healers. Healing is just something they can do if they want, and they don't really need a way to make their healing any better than a cleric. They've got enough toys already.

Larpus
2011-07-20, 10:22 AM
I agree, Druids have enough toys, though if dedicated Druid healers is a big to them (WoW much?), then perhaps make use of the Archetypes concept and give them the freaking healing ability they crave at the expense of some other toy, like wildshape or animal companion.

Coidzor
2011-07-20, 11:48 AM
The whole sacred cow of not being able to heal at range and its importance to others never really made much sense to me personally.

It just further limits the ability to use the already gimped mechanic of healing in the middle of combat.