PDA

View Full Version : Good pre-made adventures for a Tier 3 & lower group

Everest
2011-07-20, 11:42 AM
I want to see how well I can do running a campaign without having to account for 9th-level spellcasting, but I plan to at least start it off with pre-made adventures, so I can get an idea of how to DM better. Can anyone tell me, off the tops of their heads, fun adventures that would require minimal adjustment for groups with only Tiers 3-5?

I remember seeing the topic about building a PC to quickly aid a group going up against Ashardalon, and I can tell already that I would never send Ashardalon at a group of Tier 3-5 level 20s. Stuff like that, I would like to avoid. I can also understand that dealing with high-level BBEGs in some adventures would be a problem as well, but I might have had to avoid that regardless of tiers, depending on how well everyone optimizes.

The levels on these adventures don't much matter to me.

For the first levels, I was thinking of running The Sunless Citadel. Having just played this adventure as a player with a different group and succeeding, the only thing that worries me there is the Thoqqua, and I can deal with that fairly easily.