PDA

View Full Version : Last Judgement spell

Yorae
2011-07-20, 03:34 PM
I was considering this spell (BoED) as an 8th-level for a cleric I'm building and I've seen it referenced before, but something strange -- the components listed include a "Celestial" component - what the heck is that? Does that mean that non-celestials can never cast this spell? (Seems more inline with a 9th level spell, anyway, I guess).

Tenno Seremel
2011-07-20, 03:43 PM
Are you sure it's not some, err… body of the said celestial?

Cruiser1
2011-07-20, 03:48 PM
I was considering this spell (BoED) as an 8th-level for a cleric I'm building and I've seen it referenced before, but something strange -- the components listed include a "Celestial" component - what the heck is that?The "Celestial" component means the caster must be an outsider with the [good] subtype to be able to cast the spell. See BoED page 89. The way around this if you're not a celestial is to cast Miracle and use it to duplicate Last Judgement, which you can do without an XP cost since Last Judgement is an 8th level or lower Cleric spell. :smallsmile:

Groverfield
2011-07-20, 03:53 PM
I think there might be feats or PrC features in the BoED that would let you cast from the celestial list. If nothing else, Wish/Miracle for half-celestial template - being an Aasimar is Outsider(Native), not Outsider(Good).

Yorae
2011-07-20, 04:19 PM
Are you sure it's not some, err… body of the said celestial?

Slaughtering celestials to power a spell with the [Good] descriptor. =p

Good call on copying with Miracle!

Tenno Seremel
2011-07-20, 04:25 PM
Well, that might be last resort type spell (^ ^)

aquaticrna
2011-07-20, 05:13 PM

all the good has to come from somewhere ;)