PDA

View Full Version : Riftstorm IC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

DrK
2011-07-20, 03:49 PM
The fire is crackling in the hearth merrily as on the rickety stage a thin blonde half elf lady belts out some traditional adventuring songs like Keevan the only scout in Shienar in a high falsetto. Around her 4 young girls ranging in age from 12 to 16 but all uniformly dark haired wander around with platters of food and trays of drinks.

The crowd in the Goat is for the most part farmers and farm hands. Though the collection of axes and maces under the tables gives you the idea of their frontier nature. And frontier it is. Port Blood - the home of "THE GUILD" lies 2 days West, the great monster filled Mwangi expanse is a green smudge on the horizon 20 mile north and to the East you can see the Spine of the World mountains vanishing into the dark red and black lit stormclouds.

The Goat is packed, the 40 or so local farmers staying in the walled enclosure when the Rift Storms get bad. And bad they've been for the past 2 days. Flickering black and red flames lighting up the sky, rains of fire starting blazes on the plains to the East between here and the mountains and booming of thunder like giant rocks smashing together.

The map on the table before you is crude and drawn on something that may or may not be the skin of a sentient creature. But it does lead apparently to the ancient resting place of the Dwarven Master Smith Kraggi the Mad. Some of the scratchings are in runic script, others in a language you don't recognise but the way is clear. 2 Days travel East across the plains to where the mountains meet the jungles. Then in a narrow pass you should see some stairs aptly called the Warrior's Way that will lead you to the Tomb. The map was won in a game of chance from a Tiefling Bard- so it must be genuine!

The party begins sat in the small and heavily fortified wayside Inn known regionally as The Black Goat. Its a modest 3 storey Inn run by Miss Jodie Farshaw, her husband Master Natha Farshaw and their collection of 4 daughters (Amber, Ruby, Sapphy and Opal). Across the yard is also Slow Charles the dimwitted stable-boy who is great with animals and Gregorivitch the smith who also smells alchemical goods, weapons and armour. The Inn sells basic adventuring supplies and has free water from the well in the corner of the courtyard and locally brewed cider and mead from the apple orchards and hives that sit around the walls.

As the party sits there the youngest of the girls comes up with a platter of ales and a selction of bbq yak ribs and fried red and green onion. "Can we get anything else for you good sirs?

OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208216)

stanleyindraven
2011-07-21, 07:14 AM
"I would much prefer a mug of mead, thank you," Griff replies to the young lady. "And about our business at hand, I believe we should leave as soon as the storm relents, no time like the present for a good hunt," he states as he looks back at the others around the table.

slugboy_73
2011-07-21, 10:06 AM
"Those ribs were great! Even better than last night." Nodding to Griff, "Yes, I am ready to go as soon as the storms end."

Souhiro
2011-07-21, 01:09 PM
"A jug of of water for me." says Devon "I'm that thristy, and ale won't be any help now, but maybe... my guts can be helped with that ribs and onions"

Devon makes the water magically disapear by the miracle of Fast Drinking. When the girl lefts the table, the archer talk to the group

"Well, my fellows, it has been a long journey, and longer it shall become! So Desh, are we near... 'That place'?

DrK
2011-07-21, 01:44 PM
Stop, in the name of Pelor, Before he burns your body, stop...

THe singing of the young bard is drowned out by the chatter of the farm hands as the skies outside are lit up by crashing red and black flames as the riftstorm rages, a thin rain of black and grey ash falling on the courtyard outside.

Here you are sirs the young woman replies returning moments later, a large flagon of water for the muscular barbarian and a horn of warmed mead for Griff. The horn a strange whorled shape and made of some sort of unusual black streaked reddish bone. If it please you sirs. My father though you should know that he reckons the storm 'll be done in a hour or so. She squints out of the window at the pulsing red and orange wound in the sky, "He's normall pretty good at predicting them. We've been having these firey ones for a while"

A DC15 Know(Planes) check will let you realise that the Rift above is opening into the Elemental Plane of fire (or common sense!)
A DC 18 Know(Planes) check will suggest that the horn for the cup has come from sort of large tiefling.

stanleyindraven
2011-07-21, 01:57 PM
"Nice horn," Griff states as he looks at the mead filled container and then shrugs and drinks.

Guess this is active roll for Planes Knowledge
[roll0]

Souhiro
2011-07-21, 02:02 PM
"Well, people, if the storm will end in an hour, we should continue our little quest, don't you?" the barbarian devours one of the ribs, soundly chewing the bones as if it were just a fried onion, and promptly empties another large jug of water

slugboy_73
2011-07-21, 03:00 PM
"Does your father or mother know of any sites in the vicinity that we should watch out for? Any creatures of note"

DrK
2011-07-21, 03:09 PM
The girl looks at the towering and sore ridden half-orc and shies away slightly before searching her memory...
The ruined tower. Its about 4 miles to the East. We're forbidden from going there. My father has said that adventurers have camped there and didn't come out.
I'm sorry master Orc, I don't know anything else really. I don't leave the courtyard often as the storms have been bad of late. Lots you Guild types passing through.

ENOUGH CHATTER OVER THERE! booms a loud voice as Master Nathan shouts from behind the bar. THe innkeep is a heavy set man with massive biceps, profuse scarring and a broken nose that spoke of a violent past- as did the large heavy looking glaive that hung from the rafters above the bar. The girl "eeps" before scurrying back to work.

stanleyindraven
2011-07-21, 03:21 PM
"Well, he looks for some discipline, they are not even able to answer a simple question from a patron. That matters little though, looks like we may want to make a stop along the way, passed Guild members means leftover riches, not to mention whatever befell them," Griff states with a smile.

acid_ninja
2011-07-21, 05:35 PM
During the conversation, Desh has been consulting the map while weaving a cat's cradle.
4 miles isn't far. Don't think we'll need to camp, but we should be on our guard. Wonder how recent the others came through.

Gwynfrid
2011-07-21, 06:22 PM
Alcidias remains mostly silent throughout the meal, but he is attentive to the conversations, and studies Desh's map intently.

The dark-haired young mage turns to the young serving girl. "Another mug of your house ale would be great. And tell the cook his ribs were just perfect, too." he says, in a polite tone.

Looking around the table, he replies to the others.
"Four miles to the tower, yes, but then it's two days, then some climbing, to our goal. There will be some camping on the way. And we should make sure we have enough food to last to the end of the return trek. Also, it would be good to ask if anyone knows the area, beyond those first few miles, I think."

slugboy_73
2011-07-21, 07:31 PM
"If something has been taking out Guilders than I am all for taking it out. Leftover treasure is always good too."
, agrees Broc

DrK
2011-07-22, 02:54 AM
The pulsing red flaming rent in the sky slowly closes over the course of an hour or so as the midday sun slowly climbs up and over into early afternoon. Smoke on the horizon blossoms from a dozen wildfires out on the plains and the courtyard is layered with a fine layer of thick black ash that attracts shouts of Don't you dare bring that in here from Mistress Farshaw as the farm workers start to move about, gathering tools and fetching water from the well in the courtyard.

More food and drink are brought to the table, golden coins ensuring rapid service, heaped piles of ribs and more drinks. As the party converse the young bard finishes her singing and approaches the table delicately. Well met sirs she offers taking a seat. I'm sorry to interrupt you but you seem of the Guild, as am I. As she sits down you can see that she's not a typical half elf- her skin is pale, lips and nails flushed and dark with a spark of orange in her eyes that you've never seen before. I know the Guild members who went forth 2 days ago... they also were planning on stopping by the Watchtower on their way into the mountains.

slugboy_73
2011-07-22, 06:35 AM
"Any idea as to what happened to them?", inquires Broc.

Souhiro
2011-07-22, 09:41 AM
Devon looks to the half-elf half-girl with half-orange eyes., he's a bit intrigued. He haven't seen many elves, but is the first time he sees half-orange eyes!

"Well, so you're a fellow of the guild! " Says while munching and crushing one rib-bone "If it can be answered, could you talk us about your mission in this zone, and the one of your team-mates who parted two days ago? Perhaps we could help each other"

PS: (Yeah, normal people can't munch bones just like they would chew gum. But Devon's tribe is really a BARBARIAN tribe!)

stanleyindraven
2011-07-22, 09:53 AM
"And in conjunction to the questions of my companions here, were you looking to join us for a spell," Griff asks between drinks of mead.

DrK
2011-07-22, 10:09 AM
She looks at the party members carefully with her strange orange tinted eyes before laughing with a tinkling laugh Oh no good sirs. You won't catch me going out there so soon after a storm. She pats her long neck, My voice is more suited to Inns than battle. As for what happened to the others... well 2 burned in the Tower and rest went onto the stair in the mountains.

stanleyindraven
2011-07-22, 10:12 AM
"It would appear our path is not ours alone. I would assume a fire-based threat in the tower then. Well, this should be fun," Griff laughs and finishes his drink. "Shall we go," he questions his companions.

Souhiro
2011-07-22, 10:21 AM
"A pity for our fallen comrades." says Devon, who aparently stoped of chewing bones

"Sorry if I'm too inquisitive, but what did they looked for in the tower? and If the party went to the tower, and two of the guildmembers during the travel, how did you found out, if you were still here?"

slugboy_73
2011-07-22, 11:01 AM
Broc eye's the bard a little suspiciously and listens to her answer with interest.

Not sure how you want to do this one. Can I do a Sense Motive check on her (+8) to see if she seems legit?

DrK
2011-07-23, 01:00 AM
The young lady laughs mysteriously before leaning forward and in a whisper "I have other tricks than singing" before smiling at you all in turn. I would wish you well, you seem a confident lot

To Broc's well honed nose something smells wrong about her, very wrong. An aura of sulphur and treachery hangs about her.

Broc's sense motive
[roll0]

Souhiro
2011-07-23, 03:37 AM
"I'm the only one thinking that miss beautiful eyes want to set a trap upon us? Well, I think we'd better follow our path, don't you?"

Devon avoid to say the word "Map" but he clearly meant he vas reffering to it.

Souhiro
2011-07-23, 03:40 AM
PS: Before going out, Devon wants to go to the local shops, and see what kind of arrows are for sale, or if there are some kind of special quivers. One that would have two compartments (One for common and other for silver arrows)

slugboy_73
2011-07-23, 01:11 PM
"Yes, I am ready to be off,", says Broc, standing up to leave.

Souhiro
2011-07-23, 01:33 PM
Devon enters with a broad smile, like a child with a new toy, and a new quiver on his right leg. Everybody can notice he has arrows of many colors (Color coded for your convenience!)

"I'm ready and willing"

DrK
2011-07-23, 01:37 PM
Alcidias

The wizard strokes his beard gently, waiting for the bard to leave the table before adding I don't trust that lady. She has an air of something wrong about her. But I agree with you that we should be off. Adventure waits for no man!

With that he gets to his fight and starts heading for the door to meet the newly quivered barbarian.

With Gwynfrid being on holiday I'll bot him once per day. Though he can feel free to post if he gets a chance obviously!

stanleyindraven
2011-07-23, 08:53 PM
"I have no fear for traps, we are Guild members and should be prepared for anything." Griff stands and bows before heading to the door.

Gwynfrid
2011-07-24, 04:19 AM
"I agree. If someone bears us ill intent, we should simply be ready for an ambush, especially near this tower. Other than that there isn't much we can do. Besides, being in the Guild is about getting used to danger any way we go."

Before leaving town, Alcidias makes sure to buy enough trail rations to last the trip and return.

The whole trip is supposed to be 2 days, so, buying rations for 3 days as I already have 2 on my sheet. That should do the trick.

DrK
2011-07-24, 04:11 PM
The air still crackles with latent heat and a thin rain of black ash coat you as you start the long walk Eastwards to the Spine of the World mountains. Small fires and burned patches mar the rolling scrubland and grass. The very air so close after the riftstorms seems burnt.

You walk for ~2 hours across the blasted terrain before you see in the distance a larger streamer of smoke and about ~1000ft away you see a ruined tower on a small slope. From where you stand now the area looks devoid of life, not even rats, lizards or birds seem to be nearby.

The tower is squat, burned stone and blackened timbers and 3 floors of round broken stone. There is but one path winding up the 100ft or so rise to the tower proper. The other sides are thick scree and rugged cliff with scraggly looking plants barely holding to life.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3499/3275557144_855d9a5a02.jpg

The party is approaching the tower from the South. When you reach the map you are within ~300ft of the tower.

Souhiro
2011-07-24, 05:05 PM
Devon asks to Desh (He is the one with the map)

"So... we must go to this tower? The half-girl with half-yellow eyes said that another party from our Sacred Guild came before us. But your map should be the ONLY map guiding to the treasure!

Well, I shall keep my bow ready. Who will go first?"

Gwynfrid
2011-07-24, 05:41 PM
Calmly, Alcidias stops a second to cast a protective spell, before he draws his dagger.

"Only one path to there, we know Guilders came and did not return, someone will dubious intentions knows we are here... If this doesn't smell like ambush, I don't know what does."

Casting mage armor.

stanleyindraven
2011-07-24, 06:18 PM
"I see no harm in looking," Griff says as he pulls his longsword.

Souhiro
2011-07-24, 06:37 PM
"Can anyone of you, mages, detect magic, detect evil, detect living... you know, detect SOMETHING?

It would be nice to detect it, before that something detect us"

slugboy_73
2011-07-24, 06:40 PM
Broc has his bow out and asks, "Shall we see if anyone is home?"

acid_ninja
2011-07-24, 07:55 PM
Closing the book he had been reading while walking, Desh rubs his chin as he eyes the tower.

I think its worth a look, at least. But we should be on guard. A shady girl with half-orange eyes, a firestorm and a burned out tower ar probably not a coincidence. Still, its a long and boring couple of days to the mountains and we wouldn't be guilders if it wasn't for semi-suicidal curiosity.
I think broc and I should take the lead, while Devon and Alicdias hang back. Griff, maybe you should stay in between so you can get to anyone who gets hurt.

With that, Desh draws his blade and sights along it's length, nodding with satisfaction before turning to Broc and gesturing for the two of them to move up.

slugboy_73
2011-07-24, 08:24 PM
Broc nods, puts away his longbow and draws his greatsword. Moving up with Desh.

Gwynfrid
2011-07-25, 01:52 AM
Alcidias nods in agreement and follows at the back, as he answers Devon.

"Detecting anything at this distance is well beyond my power. As we get closer, I will be able to look for magic, though."

DrK
2011-07-25, 02:53 AM
As the party creeps closer to the ruined tower following the windy path both Devon and Griff notice several sets of worn footprints and nearer the top a massive 5 fingered clawed imprint embedded with burnt plant fragments. Whatever beast made that must be large and heavy, though bipedal rather than quadrupedal.

As Devon scours around closely he can see that 4 humanoids went up the hill - one female and light, one small, one heavy set man in metal boots and another man with soft moccasins. However he can only find tracks for the female and the heavy set man going down and if they are any indication the heavy-set man was dragging his left leg and as the barbarian finds some blood- probably injured badly.

As you all stare at the tower small streamers of smoke rises from within from 2-3 holes in the walls but there is still no sign of life. Getting closer still you see a faint sheen of power coat Master Alcidias's eyes and in return, through the broken walls of the tower you get the sensation of several faint magical auras lying within.

Survival rolls:-
Broc [roll0] ; Alcidias [roll1]; Devon [roll2] ;
Desh [roll3] ; Griff [roll4]

stanleyindraven
2011-07-25, 05:49 AM
As they near the tower, Griff grants for his only detect spell (Detect Undead) so that he can feel useful.

DrK
2011-07-25, 06:34 AM
As Griff reaches out with aethyric senses seeking the taint of undead he see's a palpable aura of undead spreading out the centre of the tower. The aura glows fiercely radiating evil, fire and the reek of the undead.

Through conventional vision nothing is visible but the magical aura of the massive form of something deathly lurking inside the ruined and fragile looking walls doesn't leave him...

Souhiro
2011-07-25, 07:13 AM
Okay guys... the tracks says to me:
- One female and light. Perhaps half-female, with half orange eyes?
- one small, surely a Halfling or Gnome
- one heavy set man in Heavy Metal boots. Surely a Fighter, Chevalier, or even a paladin
- and another man with soft moccasins. So it's surely... looking at all your feet, a magic user

The girl and the Heavy Metal Man are the only who come back, and the man was badly wounded, dragging a leg. If the man was a Paladin, rhey had to came back very hastly, without giving himself any time to heal his wounded leg." It was an well rounded party, but not many as us

stanleyindraven
2011-07-25, 07:47 AM
"I know you will detest hearing this, but perhaps we are no match currently for a massive firey undead beast that reeks of evil, which awaits us in the tower," Griff says this with some worry evident in his voice.

slugboy_73
2011-07-25, 08:38 AM
It does not matter to me, but if we want to leave we should do it soon before whatever it is in there becomes aware of our presence", whispers Broc.

DrK
2011-07-25, 08:51 AM
Just as Broc utters those fateful - an quite clearly cursed words there is a terrifying roaring sound from within the tower and with a mighty clatter of stone the outer wall of the tower collapses in a pile of stone, dust and rubble. Deep within the rubble and dust cloud glows a horrific orange cloud of something large, something that was once chained and something that is now free...

The beast stands 12 foot tall at the shoulder extending some 15 feet long with a massed spiked skeletal and chitinous tail and ragged red leathery wings that stretch as rubble, rusted chains and aged wood smash to the floor.

It looks at the party, long dead eyes burning with red fire as heat shimmers around its empty jaw and burning purple-red plasma starts to form in the huge tooth filled maw...

Here it is:-

http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-06/art/gwe-mon-undead-dragon.jpg
http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-06/art/gwe-mon-undead-dragon.jpg

OOC

Could I please have initiative and your first round's action please :smallsmile:

Griff [roll0]
Its an undead fire drake. A kind of lesser dragon (stupid with no magic) from Fernia the Plane of Fire

Desh [roll1] - see below

Alcidias [roll2]
Its a long undead Fire Drake possessed by unnatural intelligence so some sort of sentient undead. Although strong and big its less powerful than a dragon- more along the lines of wyvren. Though it can spit fire.

Desh, Broc & Devon
Its a gigantic fire spitting skeletal dragon of doom!

Combat Stuff:
Big Fiery's Initiative 14

Would people like a combat map? Or are you happy with the description that you're ~60ft away from the rubble of the wall where the undead drake is. The path is currently ~20ft wide at the moment but 15ft in front of you it widens out forming a 30ft' border around the tower (that is ~50ft square). The beast is size "large".
If you leave the paths its ~60 degree scree slope down ~100ft to the plain.

The Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data={%22Char%22%3A[{%22id%22%3A1%2C%22template%22%3A1%2C%22x%22%3A379 %2C%22y%22%3A896}%2C{%22id%22%3A9%2C%22template%22 %3A9%2C%22x%22%3A443%2C%22y%22%3A864}%2C{%22id%22% 3A3%2C%22template%22%3A3%2C%22x%22%3A475%2C%22y%22 %3A912}%2C{%22id%22%3A11%2C%22template%22%3A11%2C% 22x%22%3A411%2C%22y%22%3A496}%2C{%22id%22%3A5%2C%2 2template%22%3A5%2C%22x%22%3A411%2C%22y%22%3A880}% 2C{%22id%22%3A7%2C%22template%22%3A7%2C%22x%22%3A4 11%2C%22y%22%3A912}]%2C%22Scena%22%3A[{%22id%22%3A1%2C%22active%22%3A1%2C%22map%22%3A%22 http%3A%2F%2Ffarm4.static.flickr.com%2F3499%2F3275 557144_855d9a5a02.jpg%22}]%2C%22CharProto%22%3A[{%22size%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens %2F33.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Devon%22%2C%22initi ative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A1}%2C{%22size%22%3A1%2C% 22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F26.png%22%2C%22n ame%22%3A%22Brock%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22i d%22%3A9}%2C{%22size%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fme dia%2Ftokens%2F1.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Griff%22 %2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A3}%2C{%22size %22%3A2%2C%22pic%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fwww.draconia n.com%2Fbody%2Fbuttonskel.jpg%22%2C%22name%22%3A%2 2Dragon%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A11} %2C{%22size%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftok ens%2F32.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Desh%22%2C%22ini tiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A5}%2C{%22size%22%3A1%2 C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F2.png%22%2C%22 name%22%3A%22Alcidias%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C %22id%22%3A7}]}&dpi=16&grid=1) (Courtesy of Sourhiro)

Souhiro
2011-07-25, 09:11 AM
If you want to make -and use- maps, pyromancers.com have a nce software that generates maps, and can set and move tokens easily.

You can even use the one you made with gimp

And for Devon's initiative:

[roll0] + 7

"This thing is HUGE! Do you think we can defeat it?"

Devon readies a blunt arrow, takes a 5 ft step to his right, clearing the path for the rest of the party, and prepares to make a rain of arrows... or a flurry

stanleyindraven
2011-07-25, 09:13 AM
Initiative
[roll0]

"Remind me again why I thought this was a good idea," Griff rattles out.

slugboy_73
2011-07-25, 09:41 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
Take higher of the two rolls

Broc moves forward 20 ft and casts Protection from Evil on himself

So if the "gigantic, fire-spitting, skeletal dragon of DOOOOM" is in fact evil :smalltongue:my stats would be:

AC: 22. Fort:+7 / Ref:+7 / Will:+8

"Gorum shield me!!!!"

Gwynfrid
2011-07-25, 05:21 PM
"Just so you know, guys, that thing is undead, and on top of that, it can breathe fire. Just sayin'".

Alcidias' voice is remarkably calm as he walks a few steps to take position slightly apart form the group, then casts a spell.

A shower of golden particles falls over the fiery monster. "Let me try to gain us some time.".

Initiative [roll0]

Which spell he casts depends on whether the monster acts first.

EDIT: So Alcidias goes first, and attempts glitterdust. Will DC18 or blinded (if failed, try again to save every round).

acid_ninja
2011-07-25, 06:49 PM
Spread out! If that thing has a breath weapon we don't want to all get caught by it! I'll go left; Broc, you go right. Let's try to flank it.

Desh casts cat's grace and moves 30' to the northwest, where the path broadens out. (When its his turn, of course)

Knowledge Arcana to see what I know about what the living version of this thing: [roll0]

Souhiro
2011-07-26, 04:32 AM
Devon is goint to use one of his Ki Points to gain another attack.

"Die Monster! You don't belong in this world!"

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

He is using blunt arrows (I think is common knowledge to use Blunt against skeletons and Slash against zombie)

stanleyindraven
2011-07-26, 05:18 AM
Griff will start to move within range of turning the undead beast.

DrK
2011-07-26, 05:38 AM
Griff hurtles forward his body glowing with a golden glow as he unleashed the holy power of Aroden to drive the burn the foul creature where it stands. As holy fire erupted around the beast Desh and Broc both ran past magic cascading off their bodies as both became engulfed in protective spells.

Alcidias unleashed powerful magics, a cloud of glittering gold surrounding the flaming empty skull as Devon's arrows thudded into the titanic exoskeleton with showers of bone chips. The beast responded, shaking it head as it empty eyesocket fizzled and popped with crackling lights leaving it relying on other senses to locate its foe, pulling back its head it unleashed the ball of plasma in a massive arc that caught Desh, Devon and Griff within it, the beats looked confused for a second as blinded it sought to lunge forward and feast...

Will save for the monster Vs the Turn undead [roll0] and Damage [roll1]
Roll Will save for the Glitterdust [roll2]

Desh reflex [roll3]
Griff reflex [roll4]
Broc reflex [roll5]

And the Fire damage [roll6] -take half if you passed DC14

Wow did that suck for the skeletal Drake! Guys at the front fear that whopping 6 damage!

New Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data=%7B%22CharProto%22%3A%5B%7B%22pic%22 %3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F33.png%22%2C%22name%22%3 A%22Devon%22%2C%22id%22%3A1%2C%22initiative%22%3A0 %2C%22size%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia% 2Ftokens%2F1.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Griff%22%2C% 22id%22%3A3%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22size%22%3A 1%7D%2C%7B%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F32.pn g%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Desh%22%2C%22id%22%3A5%2C%2 2initiative%22%3A0%2C%22size%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22pic %22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F2.png%22%2C%22name%22 %3A%22Alcidias%22%2C%22id%22%3A7%2C%22initiative%2 2%3A0%2C%22size%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fm edia%2Ftokens%2F26.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Brock% 22%2C%22id%22%3A%39%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22si ze%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22pic%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fwww. draconian.com%2Fbody%2Fbuttonskel.jpg%22%2C%22name %22%3A%22Dragon%22%2C%22id%22%3A11%2C%22initiative %22%3A0%2C%22size%22%3A2%7D%5D%2C%22Char%22%3A%5B% 7B%22x%22%3A347%2C%22id%22%3A1%2C%22y%22%3A848%2C% 22template%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A411%2C%22id%22 %3A3%2C%22y%22%3A784%2C%22template%22%3A3%7D%2C%7B %22x%22%3A411%2C%22id%22%3A5%2C%22y%22%3A688%2C%22 template%22%3A5%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A507%2C%22id%22%3 A7%2C%22y%22%3A832%2C%22template%22%3A7%7D%2C%7B%2 2x%22%3A475%2C%22id%22%3A%39%2C%22y%22%3A720%2C%22 template%22%3A%39%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A475%2C%22id%22 %3A11%2C%22y%22%3A5%392%2C%22template%22%3A11%7D%5 D%2C%22Scena%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22active%2 2%3A5%2C%22map%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Ffarm4.static.f lickr.com%2F34%39%39%2F3275557144_855d%39a5a02.jpg %22%7D%5D%7D&dpi=16&grid=1)

DrK
2011-07-26, 05:42 AM
Blinded the beast staggered slightly as Devon drew a bead; two of his arrows blunt tipped arrows thudding into it

[roll0]
[roll1]

slugboy_73
2011-07-26, 07:02 AM
Broc moves up to the beast, attempting to get on it's right side. With a cry of "GORUM". He swings his greatsword at it.

Not sure if it's my work firewall or what, but I can't see the map :smallfrown:. I can see the icons and everything just not the map itself. I am moving up 15 ft to the monster and then taking a diagonal step right so hopefully Desh and I can get flank it. I will prob eat an AoO, but oh well.

My power attack on the monster:
to hit [roll0]
in case of crit to confirm [roll1]
damage [roll2]

it looks like I critted it...I thought I had the forum roller set to show the dice rolls. I did [/rollv] at the end, is that right? If I did crit it how would you like damage rolled? Just double what is shown, or roll again?

stanleyindraven
2011-07-26, 07:30 AM
Griff will advance again, "By Aroden's will," and release another burst of energy to close in for melee attacks.

Cannot see picture at home or work and the link just takes me to the main page, so, yeah, im still blind.

Damage, if that is okay
[roll0]

DrK
2011-07-26, 08:17 AM
http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz225/KHolbourn/DnDStuff1/capture1.jpg

This is the situation at the end of round 1
Griff is in the centre 30ft away from it
Devon (bottom left) and Alcidias (bottom right) are ~60ft away from it
Desh (top left) and Broc (top right) are ~15ft away from it.

slugboy_73
2011-07-26, 08:28 AM
Okay, based on that map, which still didn't come through at work:smallfurious: but did on my phone :smallbiggrin:, it looks like Broc can just move forward 15 ft, the terrain on the right side of the drake looks like its the slope. That way at least I can maybe block him from getting back to our casters/archers.

Souhiro
2011-07-26, 10:03 AM
While he's gathering all the Ki in his body to prepare a new salve, something puzzles in the archer's mind

"Hey Griff, I'm wondering (Shoot: [roll0] damage[roll1]).
how can this thing even BREATH if it hasn't any LUNGS? (Shoot: [roll2] damage[roll3])
It don't make any sense! Think about it!!! (Shoot: [roll4] damage[roll5]) "

Devon makes a 5ft step to the north and mop his brow before his next turn. If this monster doesn't fall quickly, he will run out of anti-skeleton arrows!

PS: This is a classic game of monster bashing and treasure hunting. Is there anything more classic that urging deadlines, and throwings one-liners, puns and lampshadings during the fights?

acid_ninja
2011-07-26, 07:41 PM
A skeleton. Figures. Slicing at old, dry bones with a razor sharp blade is not as effective as you'd think. I wonder if it might be worth investing in a scroll of versatile weapon for situations like this in the future, Desh thinks as he moves in to melee range, watching the creature's movements to see if it's still blinded.

Monster blinded:
Desh moves to the flanking position closest to the rest of the party, using a point from his arcane pool to improve his weapon to a +1 weapon and casts shocking grasp.

Attack:
[roll0] against FF AC -2
Crit confirm: [roll1]
Weapon Damage: [roll2]
Shocking Grasp: [roll3]

Monster Not Blinded:
Desh casts vanish, moves to the flanking position closest to the rest of the party, and casts shocking grasp.
Attack:
[roll4] against FF AC -2
Crit confirm: [roll5]
Weapon Damage: [roll6]
Shocking Grasp: [roll7]

I really hope that it's blinded

DrK
2011-07-27, 04:19 AM
Alcidias

The wizard advances cautiously, pleased with the shower of glittering particles blinding the beast before with a causal flick of the hand he throws a tiny spherical ball of acid at the beast.

More than 24 hours since last post so I'll bot him as he said he was on holiday
Acid dart [roll0] (+2 to hit blinded foe)
Damage [roll1]

DrK
2011-07-27, 04:37 AM
The massive beast roared in rage as the party closed in. Aroden's will burning more lifeless scales into blackened cinders as a dart of acidic energy scored down it's face.

Broc raced in uncaring of the danger, even blinded the beast lashed out with its flaming maw to devour the half-orc but the nimble orc ducked under, sparks flaring as the evil beast clashed with Gorum's shield. The half orc's return blow, with Gorum's blessing was immense. The greatsword shearing through ribs and deadened flesh like a massive cleaver scattering bone fragments and flames in a wide arc. As that happened Desh slid gracefully in on the other side of grievously wounded and blinded beast, electricity wreathing the sword he struck the beast in an explosion of lightning and steel shearing off the massive 20ft long wing and rolling out the way as the paper thin dead parchment blew away leaving trails of flaming scales.

Rearing up and clearly in it's death throes it lashed out with bite and tail at the closest things it could find...

Seconds later Devon's blut arrows found their marks, two of them shattering the 4th vertebrae in its neck sendind the flaming head clattering to the ground some 5ft away form the body that deflated in pile of shredded scale, bone and crackling flame. The heroes had triumphed!

Will save Vs the Energy channel [roll0]
Broc's critical damage [roll1] (Including -5 for the DR 5/bludgeon)

The AoO against Broc [roll2] damage [roll3]+[roll4]fire
but miss chance! - hits you on 51-100 [roll5]

Bite against Desh [roll6] damage [roll7]+[roll8]fire
but miss chance! - hits you on 51-100 [roll9]

Tailslap against Broc [roll10] damage [roll11]+[roll12]fire
but miss chance! - hits you on 51-100 [roll13]

acid_ninja
2011-07-27, 04:50 AM
Desh concentrates for a moment and the pearl around his neck crackles with lightning (using the pearl of power to recover shocking grasp). He brushes some ash off of his shoulder and looks around at his companions with one eyebrow cocked.

As eldritch fires from the bellies of undead abominations go, it kinda tickles.

I think that the major danger is clear, unless anyone senses more undead. Let's see what this thing had in its hidey-hole.

stanleyindraven
2011-07-27, 05:49 AM
Griff will try to use whats left of his detect undead spell to look about as he advances toward the shattered tower.

DrK
2011-07-27, 05:57 AM
Some of the ruins still burning and shimmering with latent heat Griff looks around with his spell.
Through the ground and what must be the basement of the tower flickering blue undeathly auras glimmer.

6 Aura's can be seen. All in the 1-5 HD bracket.

slugboy_73
2011-07-27, 06:51 AM
"Let's finish this off", says Broc. "Anyone need healing before we go in?"

stanleyindraven
2011-07-27, 07:05 AM
"Looks as though we may have a few more combatants, but nothing we shouldn't be able to handle," Griff says as he motions for the others to approach.

Gwynfrid
2011-07-27, 07:31 AM
"I'll be with you, in just a second. Let me check for surprises first."

Impressed with the team's combat prowess, Alcidias prepares to follow, but he first pauses for an instant in order to look for the presence of magic.

Concentrating on the still active detect magic spell.

DrK
2011-07-27, 08:14 AM
To Alcidias's magical sense he can feel the presence of abjuration and necromancy in the basement.

As the party approaches the still burning ruins they can see the hall of the tower is abandoned and only a winding stair heading down to the crypts is still visible under the wreckage. No light comes from deathly still stair.

Both Alcidias and Griff can detect magical and undead aura's from what one could assume would be room adjacent to the bottom of the stairs. Even so, the inky blackness is somewhat worrying!

Reaching the bottom of the stairs some 20ft down you find yourself in a small room some 25ft by 35ft, your feet kicking up clouds of dust and tracking footprints where no-one has stood for many years. It was obviously once a crypt of sorts judging by the aged decor and the heavy stout strong walls. Faded tapestries glow on the wall and a faded and threadbare rug lies at your feet. Scattered broken pieces of wood lining the walls look they could once have been benches or pews. Directly in front you is a large thick strong looking door of heavy oak. On the other side of the door lurk the fearsome auras of undead and magical natures...

The new map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data=%7B%22CharProto%22%3A%5B%7B%22initia tive%22%3A0%2C%22name%22%3A%22Alcidias%22%2C%22pic %22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F1.png%22%2C%22id%22%3 A1%2C%22size%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22initiative%22%3A0%2 C%22name%22%3A%22Griff%22%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedi a%2Ftokens%2F2.png%22%2C%22id%22%3A%39%2C%22size%2 2%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22name%22%3A %22Devon%22%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F3 3.png%22%2C%22id%22%3A3%2C%22size%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B% 22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22name%22%3A%22Desh%22%2C%2 2pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F32.png%22%2C%22id %22%3A5%2C%22size%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22initiative%22% 3A0%2C%22name%22%3A%22Broc%22%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2F media%2Ftokens%2F25.png%22%2C%22id%22%3A7%2C%22siz e%22%3A1%7D%5D%2C%22Char%22%3A%5B%7B%22x%22%3A32%2 C%22id%22%3A1%2C%22template%22%3A1%2C%22y%22%3A%39 6%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A64%2C%22id%22%3A%39%2C%22templ ate%22%3A%39%2C%22y%22%3A%396%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A32 %2C%22id%22%3A3%2C%22template%22%3A3%2C%22y%22%3A1 28%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A%396%2C%22id%22%3A5%2C%22temp late%22%3A5%2C%22y%22%3A128%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A%396 %2C%22id%22%3A7%2C%22template%22%3A7%2C%22y%22%3A% 396%7D%5D%2C%22Scena%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22 active%22%3A2%2C%22map%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Frpgame r.ru%2Fmedia%2Fmap%2F15%39%2Fimg.png%22%7D%5D%7D&dpi=32&grid=0)

And the picture of it
http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz225/KHolbourn/DnDStuff1/capture2.jpg

For the little pictures:
Alcidias = A2
Devon = A3
Griff = B2
Desh =C3
Broc = C2

stanleyindraven
2011-07-27, 08:20 AM
Griff will cast Light.

slugboy_73
2011-07-27, 09:05 AM
Broc sheathes his greatsword and pulls out his morningstar, taking it in a two-handed grip, mumbling under his breath about skeletons.

Morning star two handed
To hit: +7 Dam: 1d8+6
Pwr Atk: +6 / 1d8+9

Are our spells from before still up? My prot from evil was good for 4 minutes when we started the drake fight.

"Say when"

Souhiro
2011-07-27, 12:45 PM
"Wait for me, guys!"

Reaches the group, he was taking a little time looking at the charred and putrefact remains of the dragon, and came back with a little treasure: the four fangs of the dragon!

"As you know, my father asked his four children for presents, precious treasures and great trophies, so the one who bring him the best goods will be the new chief. Sure, the Skull of a dragoon would be greater, but it will have to wait for now!"

Devon sees the door and hears about dreadful auras lurking behind. What a pity that explosive arrows haven't been invented yet! No avail, judging for the age of the crypt, if there are any undead, it's unlikely they still have any flesh. So he readies another blunt arrow.

"Ready here"

stanleyindraven
2011-07-27, 01:00 PM
"Looks as though there is a door to be opened, no time like the present my friends," Griff says as he motions to the door.

DrK
2011-07-27, 01:51 PM
The door swings open under Broc and Desh's gentle kicks revealing a large crypt beyond. As Griff's Light of Aroden pours into the room it illuminates the 2 shattered coffin covered in spiderwebs and fragments of purple and red cloth. A t the other end of the crypt you can see a massive door, huge stone lintel around it and a pair of torch holders shaped like muscular human hands sticking out from the wall.

The most salient point of the room was the 4 pairs of glowing red-eyes that shone out of the shadows. Each pair of eyes deepset in the skull of a skeleton clad in rusted and long damaged chainmailm, a crown of flame flickering around each head and each bearing 4 scimitars in their 4 long skeletal arms!

The lead on looks at the party before speaking in a stacato Ignan language before they draw their weapons back to strike...

Alcidias
The lead on looks at the party and says "More blood for the fire lord. He will be pleased"

All

Initiatives
Evil skeletons: [roll0]
Griff [roll1]
Devon [roll2]
Alcidias [roll3]
Desh [roll4] (Cat's grace still in effect)
Broc [roll5] [roll6] (Choose best one)

4 Armed fireheaded skeletons start in J0, J1, J4, J5

Griff's Knowledge check
[roll7]
They are more nimble than regular skeletons (and have 4 arms) and they can pull off their crown of flame and throw it someone. Their crown will then slowly grow back over a day or so.

stanleyindraven
2011-07-27, 02:03 PM
Griff will push forward a few steps and channel Aroden's will again in a burst.

Channel Energy
[roll0]

slugboy_73
2011-07-27, 04:52 PM
Broc moves up to the enterence to the crypt (F2) and:

If prot from evil is still up I ready and action so if they move up to me I will swing at them.

If prot from evil is gone I will recast it on myself.

Gwynfrid
2011-07-27, 05:11 PM
"Just in case you were wondering: They aren't talking about an offer to negotiate."

Having made this off-hand remark in a dispassionate tone, Alcidias moves forward a few steps and casts another spell.

"This will delay the ones on the left side, I hope. Watch your step if you go that way, the ground starting just in front of them will be somewhat tricky for the next couple of minutes."

Moving to E3 to get line of sight. Then casting grease on the I0-J1 area. Reflex DC17 or fall. Acrobatics DC10 needed to walk at half speed in that zone.

acid_ninja
2011-07-27, 06:35 PM
Yep. Definitely need to invest in a scroll of versatile weapon. And why does Alicidias want the skull of a heavy cavalry trooper? I think he probably meant dragon, not dragoon.

We might want to push forward a bit, we'll be tripping over each other in this doorway. Let's focus on the bashing a hole through the right side of the door when they come at us.

With a gesture and a word, Desh calls a shimmering blue field of force that hovers protectively in front of him and steps forward to F3.

Casting Shield, AC to 24.

Souhiro
2011-07-28, 12:23 AM
"We come in peace... Shoot them in the guts!!!"

With just one movement Devon draws and drinks one of his potions, and starts a nother salve of arrows

[spoiler]The he drinks one of his Gravity Bow potions (the bow damage increases to Large: 2d6) and shoot another Flurry, this time without expending Ki, to one of the un-greased skeletons.)

Arrow 1: To Hit [roll0] Damage [roll1]
Arrow 2: To Hit [roll2] Damage [roll3]
[spoiler]

DrK
2011-07-28, 02:52 AM
The skeletons basked in the glow of Aroden's power, cracks appearing on their aged bones. The two on left engulfed in grease take the full force of the holy fire, the other 2 less so.
As the grease seeps out of the walls and the coffin one of the skeletons on the left falls to his feet, the other digging its claws into the floor is fine.
The other 2 nimbly race towards Broc evading his swinging attack, one of them slashing the half-orc lightly on the arm- the scimitar making a loud ringing sound as it sheered through his protective spell.
The fallen skeleton dragged itself to its feet carefully while the other one pulled off its flaming crown and hurled it into the doorway (see next post)
As the flames receded Devon's 2 arrows thudded into the room but i the flickering flames and Aroden's torch both arrows went wild off the mark.

Two on the left Reflex saves for the grease
S0 [roll0]
S1 [roll1]

All 4 Will saves
S0 [roll2]
S1 [roll3]
S4 [roll4]
S5 [roll5]

S4 and S5 move round to the doorway and attack Broc (Protection form evil still running)
Broc's readied attack:- [roll6] (threat [roll7] damage [roll8] (crit [roll9]) (-1 hit +3 damage if power attacking)
S4: [roll10] (if threat [roll11]) damage [roll12] (if crit [roll13]
S5: [roll14] (if threat [roll15]) damage [roll16] (if crit [roll17]

DrK
2011-07-28, 03:00 AM
The skeleton standing by the coffin tore its crown of flames from its head and hulred it through the doorway into Alcidias, Griff and Devon. The black flames whipped out curling around each of the men.

Reflex saves for everyon
Griff [roll0]
Devon [roll]1d20+5/roll]
Alcidias [roll1]
Broc [roll2]
Desh [roll3]

Damage is [roll4] unholy damage (half if you made your save) DC is 14

End of round Map
http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz225/KHolbourn/DnDStuff1/round1_end.jpg

Gwynfrid
2011-07-28, 04:54 AM
Alcidias dodges the worst of the black flames, but winces in pain still.

"Let me send some you some front line help."

He starts on a long incantation.

Casting summon monster II, which takes one round. The monster will appear on his initiative next round.

slugboy_73
2011-07-28, 07:06 AM
Broc give a mighty swing at the skeleton in front of him (S4)

Power Attack
To hit[roll0]
Confirm if crit [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Sorry that I forgot to mention it before, but if prot from evil is still up and if these guys are evil my ac is 22 and saves are F:+7, R:+7, W+8

stanleyindraven
2011-07-28, 07:15 AM
"Curses," Griff exclaims as he lays a hand on Desh and heals him.

Calming Touch
[roll0]

EDIT for color

Souhiro
2011-07-28, 09:55 AM
Devon sees the place. A long forgotten tower, with such defenses... it would be a good place, if not for those undeads. This situation claims for a solution:

You, bonefaces! all your base are belong to ME

And he uses another salve of arrows, focusing his Ki and using three blunt arrows, attacking S1

attack Roll 1: [roll0] damage: [roll1]
attack Roll 2: [roll2] damage: [roll3]
attack Roll 3: [roll4] damage: [roll5]

PD: Sorry, but today I heard a remix of AYB... I had to put it!

Souhiro
2011-07-28, 09:58 AM
PSS: Rolling for save against Hellfire (Horray! I'm not the only one failing using the dice tags!:

Devon: [roll0]

DrK
2011-07-29, 02:32 PM
Desh

The magus spins around flames trickling off hs clothes as his balde crackles with electricity spinning up into the skeleton's face with a tearing sound and deep thuddding noise sending sparks and bone fragments in a wide arc as yje blade shears through the skull sending it careening across the room the flame guttering and flickering and fading as the body disintergrated.

Attacking S5
attack [roll0] (if threat [roll1])
damage [roll2] (if crit [roll3])
+ shocking grasp [roll4]

DrK
2011-07-29, 02:38 PM
As the skeleton explodes the other 2 try and advance towards the party, slipping and sliding on the grease but both moving dangerously close to the party, the one that threw its crown now taking the place of the one that was destroyed. The remaining skeleton hissing in rage at the party spinning all 4 blades in a dangerous arc towards Broc and Desh equally- sadly the shields of magical force protected both of them.

Just as the advancing skeleton reached Desh and was about to unleash a quadra-strike two massively heavy arrows thudded into its skull and blew it apart.

S0 acrobatics check [roll0]
S1 acrobatics check [roll1] moves to G3 and then dies

2 attacks against Desh
[roll2] (if threat [roll3])
damage [roll4] (crit [roll5])
[roll6] (if threat [roll7])
damage [roll8] (crit [roll9])

2 attacks against Broc
[roll10] (if threat [roll11])
damage [roll12] (crit [roll13])
[roll14] (if threat [roll15])
damage [roll16] (crit [roll17])

DrK
2011-07-29, 02:49 PM
The last one chuckled evilly. Still covered in grease it raised it hands, its aura turning to a deep shade of black before hurtling towards the packed party- a grinning skull of black horror in its centre as it focused pure evil and terror in to the spinning blackterror bomb.

Devon and Desh dodge the worst of the fire, the fire trying Alcidias's ability to focus on his spell, worst of all was the black grip of terror that gripped the heart of Griff and Desh

S0 throws his head flames

Reflex save Will save
Alcidias [roll0] [roll1]
Devon [roll2] [roll3]
Griff [roll4] [roll5]
Desh [roll6] [roll7]
Broc [roll8] [roll9]

Damage from the negative energy flames [roll10] (Ref for half) DC14
and the fear effect lasts for [roll11] rounds (will negates) DC14

Gwynfrid
2011-07-29, 05:09 PM
Alcidias is badly hurt by the black flame, but he grinds his teeth, managing to resist the gripping fear and maintaining his concentration on the spell he is casting.

As the incantation finally ends, an angry hyena appears, with a loud "pop!", behind the skeleton that's now attacking Bron. Its ferocious look is enhanced by a golden aura as it immediately attacks - unfortunately, it does so in a very clumsy way.

"Ouch, that hurt. Let me leave the offense job to my little friend right here for just a second."

He casts a quick spell, generating a protective aura around himself, then withdraws to the back to the group.

Summoned in H2: Celestial hyena

Stats including effect of Augmented Summoning

N Medium celestial animal
Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent; Perception +7
DEFENSES
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 17
Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +1
SR 6
Celestial - Resist acid, cold, and electricity 5;
OFFENSE
Speed 50 ft.
Melee bite +5 (1d6+5 plus trip)
Special Attack smite evil
STATISTICS
Str 18, Dex 15, Con 19, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 6
Base Atk +1; CMB +5; CMD 17

Action: attack skeleton in G2, flanking with Broc, smite evil
Bite attack [roll0] damage [roll1]
If it hits, free trip attack [roll2]

Alcidias casts protection from evil, then withdraws to B4.

slugboy_73
2011-07-29, 09:48 PM
Although he fought off the effects of the fear the damage from the skull leaves Broc very drained and bleeding. With a might cry of "GORUM!!!", he swings at the skeleton that has stymied him.

power att with flank from hyena so total to hit +8
To hit: [roll0] to confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] crit dmg: [roll3]

grrrrrrr!!!!!:smallfurious: 3 15s in a row!!!

Current hp: 9 out of 36

Souhiro
2011-07-30, 03:48 AM
Devon starts to feel his skin charred, and the pain is starting to take the best of him.

"We need to end this, and quickly!"

He gathers once again all the Ki on his eyes, clearing the target, on his left arm holding the bow, granting strenght to the grip, and to his right arm, holding the arrow, granting power to the shoot

"Erastil!"

3 Blunt Arrows (I spent another Ki point),
To Hit [roll0] Damage [roll1]
To Hit [roll2] Damage [roll3]
To Hit [roll4] Damage [roll5]

stanleyindraven
2011-08-01, 07:32 AM
Griff, showing a flash of fear on his face yells out, "Aroden protect me," and casts Sanctuary on himself. (4rnds)

DrK
2011-08-01, 04:27 PM
Desh

Gods shield me! Desh cries before he turns and withdraws back, dashing towards the sanctuary of the stairway abandoning a stunned and burnt Broc confronting the 4 armed beast by himself... or at least with only a glowing silver hyena to help!

Withdraws and moves 30ft towards the stairs, hiding behdin Devon

DrK
2011-08-01, 04:35 PM
The skeleton battling Brom spins round scimitars flickering out in a deadly arc, celestial hyena fur and orcish blood in danger of leaking onto the floor until it missed as the hyena dodged and Broc stood there, Gorum's shield deflecting the aged blades...

The other one, satsified with the havok its black skull flame had done glided forward, lashing out towards the hyena. Its joy was shortlived however as seconds later 3 massive piledriving arrows drove into it shattering the skull, the ribcage and the pelvis and feeding the happy bone loving hyena....

S4 attacks Broc twice
[roll0] (threat [roll1])
[roll2] (threat [roll3])
damage [roll4]
damage [roll5]

S4 attacks the hyena twice
[roll6] (threat [roll7])
[roll8] (threat [roll9])
damage [roll10]
damage [roll11]

SO moves to attack the hyena flanking wth his friend S4
[roll12] (threat [roll13])
damage [roll14]

DrK
2011-08-01, 04:40 PM
Round 2

Desh: withdrew in fear
Griff: Cast sanctuary
Alcidias: Cast Protec from evil and summoned a pet
Broc: Missed
Devon: hit 3 times and blew the grinning S0 Apart.

Skeletons: Missed horribly accomlishing nothing.

Positions:
Broc F2 => S4 G2 <= Fluffy H2
Alcidias round the corner in B4
Griff cowering in E3
Devon having fun shooting from D3
and Desh retreated to C0

stanleyindraven
2011-08-02, 07:09 AM
Cast CLW on self.

[roll0]

slugboy_73
2011-08-02, 07:28 AM
Broc takes a 5 ft step back to E2 and casts Cure Moderate Wounds on himself

[roll0]

Souhiro
2011-08-02, 07:13 PM
Devon advances 5ft, taking Brock's place -for this turn- before the skeleton can advance and wreak havoc.

Then he shoots to S4, who hurted the half orc, using his almost depleted Ki reserves to hasten his blunt arrows.

"Can anyone of you use one of those CLW on me? I'm a little charred too!"

To Hit [roll0] Damage[roll1]
To Hit [roll2] Damage[roll3]
To Hit [roll4] Damage[roll5]

Gwynfrid
2011-08-02, 11:52 PM
Alcidias, having taken a breather away from the flame-throwing undead, comes back round the corner. He is at pains trying to distinguish friend from foe in the dark, crowed corridor, and cautiously fires an acid dart at the skeleton.

Meanwhile, the celestial hyena jumps after the skeleton again.

Alcidias
Move to D3, acid dart attack including -4 penalty for firing into melee (plus, the skeleton has +4 to AC since it has cover from the folks in front of it - I hate corridors... still, there's always a chance I hit its touch AC)
Ranged touch attack [roll0] acid damage [roll1]

Round #2 for hyena
Action: attack skeleton in G2, (no longer flanking since Broc stepped back), smite evil
Bite attack [roll2] damage [roll3]
If it hits, free trip attack [roll4]

DrK
2011-08-03, 01:02 AM
Arrows thud into the monstrous 4-armed undead shattering bone. It ducks and spins as the acid dart whizzes past its head burning a nasty smelling hole in the far wall beyond it.

As it rears up, 4 arms spinning round leaving a trail of blood and shards of bone behind the shiny gold streaked hyena pounces. In a mass of fur and bone both beast and monster smash to the floor before with a resounding CRUNCH the hyena's massively powerful jaws close on the skeleton's skull shearing it in half, the dim red lights fading to pin pricks then nothing.

The hyena looks at you, chewing on a huge bone and seems to be grinning...

S4 dies. Everything is dead. In 12 seconds (i.e 2 rounds) the fear effect will wear off.

acid_ninja
2011-08-03, 01:53 AM
Desh whimpers in the back overcome by guilt at his cowardice.

Souhiro
2011-08-03, 02:07 AM
Devon makes a Kick-ass, "We win" pose.

"We did it! We did.... Auch!" then looks at the burned flesh on his right side. "As I said, can anyone use your healing mojo for me? This place don't looks any good to rest with fragments of your skin missing."

Before parting, or doing whatever, devon tries to recover any surviving arrow, but mostly, he's looking for a trophy worth of his father attention.

Gwynfrid
2011-08-03, 02:12 AM
Alcidias goes to pat the hyena on the head.

"Good boy, here... Well done..."

In a few moments, the beast disappears with the same "pop!" it came with, and Alcidias turns to his comrades.

"Phew ! Good job, guys. It was not easy, though. Healing will be welcome - in fact, I don't think we should try to progress any further until we are patched up a little."

stanleyindraven
2011-08-03, 05:24 AM
Griff will provide a Calming touch to Devon [roll0] and another to Alcidias [roll1]

slugboy_73
2011-08-03, 06:37 AM
Broc casts a Cure Light on himself [roll0]

Broc casts Cure Light on Gwyn [roll1]

"How is everyone else," he asks checking the party over.

DrK
2011-08-03, 06:43 AM
As the dust settles, the flamining crowns of the two destroyed skeletons slowly guttering and fizzling out the crypt returns to its otherwise silent state. Dusty tracks, splatters of blood and fragments of bone decorating the crypt. The light of the cleric still illuminates the tomb and in the indistinct light at the edge of the glow lies a massive doorway into the final room of the crypt. The doorway is large and the brassbound door is a riot of carved flame shapes, terrifying serpent like figures wreathed in fire with hordes of 4 armed skeletons bowing down to them...

The rest of the crypt is fairly basic, some reliefs on the wall showing a selction of 4 armed warriors battling fantastical draconic creatures or winged lizards and the two broken and split coffins. Both appear richly decorated and thick luxurious purple cloth can be seen lining each one...

stanleyindraven
2011-08-03, 07:20 AM
Griff looks about to assess the damage to his companions.

Casts Deathwatch (HP counts please)

OOC: Max healing outside of combat?

slugboy_73
2011-08-03, 07:42 AM
Broc is at 33 hp out of 36.

Souhiro
2011-08-03, 07:46 AM
"Thanks Griff... but I still feel weakened (HP: 15/28) can you use more magic, or that would exhaust your powers for the day?"

"Also... Those skeletons weren't the common thing. The usual skeleton only have a pair of arms, and don't have any fire powers! They semmed to be... inteligent. When I was face to face with the last one, I could swear that he was looking at me with that empty eyes, instead of the empty stare of the common thing.

Before we could enter and just be the next meal of whatever lurks here, do anybody knows something about these creatures?"

Altough Devon don't say it, there is something that worries him: Undeads are not born, like orcs or kobolds, not does they come from the rifts like the usual firey-burning-thing. Undeads are always created. By nigromants. And he fears that the arcane power to raise a dragon, even a weak one, and four skeletons that were that tough, could be something REALLY dangerous."[/COLOR]

Gwynfrid
2011-08-03, 07:48 AM
Alcidias' burns go away under the effect of Griff's and Broc's healing magic.

"Thanks guys. That feels good.

Now, I'm not sure if we want to go further right now. That depends how much resources we have left for the day, and also, how dangerous this next room is. Let me have a look..."

He casts another magic detection spell.

Back to max HP (28).

stanleyindraven
2011-08-03, 08:07 AM
"No need to worry, I do have some abilty in healing that cannot be measured in a days prayer," Griff says while using a Calming touch on himself. [roll0]

DrK
2011-08-03, 08:13 AM
As healing magic flows over the party members, wounds closing and burns fading the party look warily towards the imposing door of flames and skeletons at the end of the room...

Alcidias - your spell was still running - its only been ~3 minutes since you activated it

Through your magical sight you can see faint abjuration holding the door together and from within you can sense the aura of moderate magic (level 1-3 effects)- mostly abjuration effects though some lingering traces of fire streaked evocation and nightmarish black necromancy are present.

Griff
With your deathwatch and detect undead running you can sense a void of life in the next room. A profound humanoid shape where the life force seems to be being swallowed. With you undead radar senses the humanoid shape glows a murky deep purple-black indicating an undead life form slightly more powerful than Griff himself...

OOC

Probably not max out of combat healing but anything less than half (i.e 1-3 on a d6, 1-4 on a D8) treat as half rounded up (4 on a d6, 5 on a d8 etc...)

slugboy_73
2011-08-03, 08:15 AM
"I still have a good number of castings left," says Broc.

I still have 4 1st and 3 2nds left. Even if you figure a few buffs cast that is prob okay. :smallwink:

stanleyindraven
2011-08-03, 08:19 AM
OOC: Ok, just checking, makes minor differences.

"I don't mean to put a damper on the mood, but there is something lurking beyond that door. Something that swallows life and has some considerable power, we must deal with it now, or it may get out," Griff says as he motions toward the door.

slugboy_73
2011-08-03, 09:07 AM
Hit points:
Griff - ?
Desh - ?
Devon - 15 of 28
Alcidias - 28 of 28
Broc - 33 of 36

slugboy_73
2011-08-03, 02:02 PM
Broc casts Cure Light Wounds on Devon

[roll0]

Okay, round it up to 9 then.

stanleyindraven
2011-08-04, 02:12 PM
Griff crosses the room and reaches out to open the large doors. "Here goes nothing."

slugboy_73
2011-08-04, 02:38 PM
Before that happens :smallbiggrin: Broc cast's Bull Strength on himself.

Str 22
Morning Star (2 handed) +9 / 1d8+9
Power Att +8 / 1d8+12

Prot from Evil still active I assume
AC 22 F:+7 R:+7 W:+8

Gwynfrid
2011-08-05, 05:12 AM
"Come on, guys. Or would you like me to call another creature and send it first ? It won't stay for a long time though... And I don't want to waste the spell, I don't have many left."

slugboy_73
2011-08-05, 05:25 AM
I am ready,says Broc.

DrK
2011-08-05, 05:43 AM
As Alcidias speaks, Griff pushes on the door asthe now massively muscular half orc, the magus and the archer all await ready.

The door glides open at the slightest pressure, the massive brass doors that should have weighed hundreds of pounds ghosting open without sound, effort or squeaks.

Lights blooms into the crypt from a ragin cauldron of fire dominating the centre of the room. A massive 8ft diameter brass cauldron that seems ablaze with molten metal sheds light in all directions, and beyond that ona massive metallic throne adorned with skulls and blood you can see what appears to a massive 8ft tall figure.

His skin appears flayed from his body and he stares at you with piercing demonic eyes. An eerie keening surrounds him as his form is blurred by a spinning whirlwind of razor fine dust and flames.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/sand_gallery/87613.jpg

The cauldron of fire is the red bowl in M/N 2/3 and the throne with the grinning figure is in Q2R3

Please all roll initiative.
Please all make Will saves as the fear aura rolls over you

If you want you can make Know(Religion) or (Planes) checks

slugboy_73
2011-08-05, 06:31 AM
Init
[roll0]
[roll1]

Will [roll2]

Souhiro
2011-08-05, 07:25 AM
initiative: [roll0]
Will Save: [roll1]

If Devon makes the saving throw, he will say
"He looks like dad, when way less angry. So, is a Demon or Devil?"

stanleyindraven
2011-08-05, 08:26 AM
Initiative
[roll0]
Will Save
[roll1]

Knowledge Religion
[roll2]
Knowledge The Planes
[roll3]

Gwynfrid
2011-08-05, 09:00 AM
Initiative : [roll0]
Save vs. fear : [roll1] (incl. +2 from Courageous trait)
Knowledge(The Planes) : [roll2]

DrK
2011-08-05, 01:55 PM
The beast smiles an eerie rictuse of flayed jawbone, scraps of shredded skin with shards of teeth protruding through. As you watch it raises its arms... both sets of them, each one clutching a different bladed implement of pain and suffering.

It hisses loudly, just audible over the roaring of the massive cauldron of flames in front of it. You dare disturb my resting place. I've been watching you foolish mortals. She said no more would come
at his words he motions his head to the corner of the room where you can see the flayed, dismembered and horrifically injured remains of 2 himaoids partially buried under an old tapestry. One looks small and the other one is wearing the remains of some light leathers and a lone sad looking moccasin missing the toes.

Initiative [roll0]

DrK
2011-08-05, 02:07 PM
Desh

Desh stares at the beast, crackling ripples of magic flowing up and down the long balde of his scimitar. It may have 4, but his was better!

Initiative [roll0]
Will Save [roll1]

GM to all players
Initiative order/ Results of saves/ Knowledge checks in OOC thread

slugboy_73
2011-08-05, 03:17 PM
There is a loud CLANG as Broc's morning star hits the ground. As he moves into the room he pulls out his greatsword. He stops about halfway into the rooms and assumes a guarded stance, daring the creature to approach.

Dropping the morning star and drawing my greatsword (Cold Iron, MW)
To hit: +10 / 2d6+9
Pwr Atk: +9 / 2d6+12

Moving to M1 and readying an action to attack if the devil comes into melee range.

DrK
2011-08-05, 04:00 PM
The devil springs to its feet, 4 bladed implements spinning round in concentric arcs. As you watched the arcs get faster and faster, bits of flesh riddled skin forming a whirling tornado about the blades. Cackling it released the tornado of flame, flesh and dust towards the party- a 50ft tornadoe of destruction...

Moves to P2
Unleash a 50ft cone of fiery dust death
Everyone please make a Reflex Save or take [roll0] damage (ref half) and Fort save or be fatigued from the dehydrating flaming dust.
(Both DC14 (12 basic +2 ability focus)

Gwynfrid
2011-08-05, 04:44 PM
"Silver arrows, Devon ! And don't bother using fire, this thing comes straight from Hell ! We need to hit it hard because it heals fa..."

Alcidias' cry is interrupted by the fiery razor wind. He struggles not to choke in the deadly tornado.

Saves including effect of protection from evil (supersedes cloak of resistance)
Reflex [roll0]
Fortitude [roll1]

As soon as he recovers somewhat, the young wizard clutches the ring he wears on his left hand and starts on the same long incantation he cast moments earlier.

Using ring (bonded object) to cast Summon Monster II again.

Lucky the 3d6 fire damage ended up being only 6 total. :smallcool:

Souhiro
2011-08-05, 06:08 PM
This aparition has affected Devon more than anything in his whole life! Just by a casuality, this demon is just like one of the worst demon in the mythos of his tribe!!

"It is the Nors Gotha! It is the one who was born by our sins! Go back to the abyss, It is not your time to lurk in our beloved world!

He is visibly shaken, his voice is full of fear and doubt, and his hands shakes as he tenses the bow, one more time.

Is still Devon under the Gravity Bow effect? The potion lasted for 2 minutes.

Silver arrows, as Alcidias said.
To Hit Damage (gravity on) [roll1] (gravity off) [roll2]
To Hit [roll3] Damage (gravity on) [roll4] (gravity off) [roll5]

Edit: Saving trows

REF:[roll]1d20+5
FORT:1d20+5

slugboy_73
2011-08-05, 06:23 PM
Ref [roll0]
Fort [roll1]

Broc is not able to avoid any of the blast but is able to fend off it's dehydrating effects.

stanleyindraven
2011-08-06, 08:19 AM
Reflex Save
[roll0]
Fort Save
[roll1]

Griff will step behind the wall to K1. "Let us not stand in a line for him," he calls out.

Souhiro
2011-08-06, 11:10 AM
Sorry, the dice roller didn't worked before!

Ref: [roll0]
Fort:[roll1]

DrK
2011-08-07, 02:02 PM
Desh grits his teeth against the Tornado of flying bone, sand and fire before spinning to his feet rolling forward into the room and dashing up to the top wall, flickering his magically enhanced blade that shears a hole in the fabric of reality and sends it spinning end over end into the vile creature.

Fort Save [roll0]
Reflex save [roll1]

Move to square N0
Cast ray of Enfeeblement touch attack [roll2]
Spell resistance check [roll3]
Strength damage [roll4]
Bad guy save for half [roll5] against DC 15

Desh shivers in pain and fatigue as the flaming wind dehydrates his body but the black blade of necromancy still strikes home and even though the beast resists the worst of the damage it is still mightily weakened.

slugboy_73
2011-08-07, 05:40 PM
Broc moves along the wall towards the creature, moving towards it once he is past the cauldron. With a cry of "GORUM!!!", he takes a mighty swing at the creature.

Move path: n0, o0, ending in p1

Power Attack
To Hit: [roll0]
To confirm if threat: [roll1]
Dmg: [roll2]
Extra Crit dmg: [roll3]

DrK
2011-08-08, 07:42 AM
The beast spins around, two scimitar's parrying the heavy blow of the morning star. It stares at the half-orc for a second before the dust debris surrounding him slice at Broc's exposed skin and the whirling scimitar's start their deadly dance despite the weakening caused by Desh....

The whirling sandstorm does [roll0] half fire, half physical
The 4 attacks:-
[roll1] (if threat [roll2]) damage [roll3] (if crit [roll4])
[roll5] (if threat [roll6]) damage [roll7] (if crit [roll8])
[roll9] (if threat [roll10]) damage [roll11] (if crit [roll12])
[roll13] (if threat [roll14]) damage [roll15] (if crit [roll16])

The burning sand does 7 damage
Attack 1 with double 20's is a crit for a total of 9 damage
Attack 3 is a hit and does 2
Total of 18 damage to Broc!
Now its the rest of the party to go.

stanleyindraven
2011-08-08, 08:14 AM
Can you triple 20 a PC for instant death? that first hit was 2 20s in a row, that is crazy bad luck.

Griff steps back out to K2 and casts Sound Burst centered on Q3(the throne) dealing [roll0] Damage and fort save DC 15 or be stunned 1 round.

Souhiro
2011-08-08, 09:59 AM
Devon's hands are still shaking, and two ideas are struggling on his head, to survive, flee and live to fight another day; and to fight, to win... it's better to die with a wound in the chest than one in the back.

He does a little step to the north (5ft step to K2)

Two Silver Arrows, without the extra Ki
To hit bonus: 8 per CMB with bow, +1 per Point Blank Shot. -2 per shaken

To Hit: [roll0] Damage[roll1]
To Hit: [roll2] Damage[roll3]

Gwynfrid
2011-08-08, 05:23 PM
As Alcidia's incantation ends, another hyena, very much like the first one - maybe it is even the same one - appears next to the wall.

"Get him !" shouts Alcidias, walking into the room, a note of worry in his voice upon seeing Broc badly hit by the dust devil.

The hyena immediately throws itself at the enemy, while Alcidias throws an acid dart into the fray.

Summoned in P5: Celestial hyena

Stats including effect of Augmented Summoning

N Medium celestial animal
Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent; Perception +7
DEFENSES
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 17
Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +1
SR 6
Celestial - Resist acid, cold, and electricity 5;
OFFENSE
Speed 50 ft.
Melee bite +5 (1d6+5 plus trip)
Special Attack smite evil
STATISTICS
Str 18, Dex 15, Con 19, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 6
Base Atk +1; CMB +5; CMD 17

Action: charge, ending movement in P3, flanking with Broc, smite evil
Bite attack including +2 flank and +2 charge [roll0] damage [roll1]
If it hits, free trip attack [roll2] (I think you don't get any flanking or charging bonus to combat maneuvers, but correct me if I'm wrong).

Alcidias moves to L4 to get a good view, then throws an acid dart.
Attack including -4 for firing into melee:ranged touch [roll3] SR check [roll4] acid damage [roll5]

DrK
2011-08-10, 02:48 AM
The flayed demon is a spinning dervish as it dodges the morning star and the glowing hyena, the acid dart evaporating before it touches the beast's otherworldly body. The two arrows, silver tips causing sizzles of burning demon flesh take it by surprise as it hisses in rage at the impudent archer.

The faint BOOM of the soundburst though bruising it doesn't even slow it down....

Fort save Vs Stun [roll0]

DrK
2011-08-10, 02:57 AM
Desh

Deshs eeing Broc sorely assailed and the hyena not doing so well curses the devil before raising aloft his scimitar and darting into an opening, his scimitar glowing with magical power and crackling with eldritch lightning.

The scimitar lashed out with terrific skill and grace as Desh worked with Broc timing a horrific tempo of morning star strikes and deft lashing scimitar blows.

Attack roll for a shocking grasp scimitar attack

Attack [roll0] (threat [roll1]
Damage [roll2] (threat [roll3]) -DR taken into account
Spell resistance [roll4] for [roll5]

Ouch! Total of 27 damage, plus the other damage for a current total of 60. Its looking tired...

Broc to go next then the beast. Broc is flanking with the hyena

slugboy_73
2011-08-10, 06:41 AM
Bleeding and singed Brock gives another mighty swing at the devil

Power Attack
To Hit [roll0]
To confirm if threat [roll1]
Dmg [roll2]
Extra Crit dmg [roll3]

Wow!! I hit something!!!:smallbiggrin:

Then he takes a 5' step beck towards the wall (o0) to put a little distance between him and the devil.

stanleyindraven
2011-08-10, 08:35 AM
Griff will channel energy [roll0]

DrK
2011-08-10, 02:42 PM
As Aroden's holy light illuminated the room healing everything within range the 3 heroes battled the 4-armed devillish monstrosity. In the blink of a yellowish eye the half-orc saw his opportunity and lunged, the greatsword- chosen steel of Gorum - cleaved through the monster, two arms sailing into the far corner of the room, the rest of the body being hurled bcakwards into the throne quite, quite dead.

It was over. The rest of crypt lay still and and empty. Only the light of Aroden and the crackling bowl of flame giving away any noise save for the heavy breathing of the companions and the drip, drip, drip of the half-orcs blood onto the floor.

You win! All hail the heroes!

slugboy_73
2011-08-11, 06:42 AM
Broc casts Cure Moderate Wounds on himself

[roll0]

round the 1 up to a 5, right? so 16 total?

Then he moves back to the enterance and picks up his morningstar.

stanleyindraven
2011-08-11, 07:03 AM
Griff will look about for those who need healing. (HP Counts)

slugboy_73
2011-08-11, 07:30 AM
Back up to 32 out of 36

Souhiro
2011-08-11, 11:05 AM
Devon says "I think I'm not wounded. just..."

"just..."

"WE DID IT! We Killed the demon of demons!!!"

Then he pulls out his knife, and goes for the demon's corpse, to remove his head. This IS the trophy that would make his parents proud!

"Brock, you're a number one, man!"

Finally, he goes for the cauldron, and where the demon was sitting before the fight. What it is in there?

DrK
2011-08-11, 12:00 PM
The cauldron crackles with flames that seem almost to writhe towards you with spectral fingers of white hot flame. The heat seems to seer the hair from your arms and face as you lean close.
The glint of gold is what interests you as you can see coins, rings and other jewels at the base of the roaring flames...

In the rest of the crypt the walls are covered in detailed bass reliefs and a pair of highly ornamental bronze and silver torch holders shaped liked clawed hands jut out from the wall.

The throne is a tremendously heavy bronze edifice studded with runes of gold and on each arm you can see a crudely shaped skull with glittering red gems for eyes.

Could Devon please make a Will save as he leans in close to see what lies in the flames.

stanleyindraven
2011-08-11, 12:26 PM
"So, shall we 'loot' the area and lay these poor souls to rest," Griff asks as he approaches the flayed men.

slugboy_73
2011-08-11, 12:34 PM
"Thanks Devon, but we all worked that one together, I just happened to land the last blow," says Broc. "Umm, Devon, you may not want to get to close to that cauldron, it's rather hot."

Broc begins to search around the throne for any secret door or hatches.

Perception roll if necessary
[roll0]

Yup, its a throne :smalltongue:

Souhiro
2011-08-11, 04:45 PM
Devon still have an uneasy feeling... and he looks directly into the cauldron flames! Yeah, perhaps no the wisest thing to do!
Will Save: [roll0]

DrK
2011-08-12, 03:30 AM
As Devon leans closer to the flames he realises that there is no heat, or at least while he can feel the heat its not scorching hairs or reddening his skin. The fire is an illusion.

As Broc searches the Throne he leans on the nose of one of the skulls and there is a dull clunk and a section of wall just behind the throne slips inwards with a dull thud. In the alcove for all to see is a suit of ancient armour, thick plate and mail with a sword crossed across its chest and a golden holy symbol of Iodemae on its breast.

The Loot

On the demon.
4 MW scimitars
An abysaal Gold collar...

In the Alcove:
MW Flametouched Iron Fullplate (+1 saves VS evil outsiders)
Truesteel MW longsword (+2 to confirm critical hits)

In the cauldron of illusory flames
657gp
11pp
1 golden necklace inlaid with lapis lazuli (~88gp)
3 golden rings with various designs (@ ~25gp)
1 Silver & electrum tiara (~156gp)
Battered red scrollcase w/Scrolls written on what appears to be dragonhide [Fireball, Scorching Ray, Burning Hands, Fireshield - all CL7th]
2 Glass Bottles [Potion Energy Resistance][Potion Cure Moderate]

Gwynfrid
2011-08-12, 11:58 PM
"Victory ! And one demon sent home, one !

And look at that... Gold and magic ! Today is our day !"

Alcidias' enthusiasm soon gives way to a more cautious tone.

"Guys, this is great, I'm glad to be with such a strong team. But I also remember this girl at the inn. She knows we're here and bears us some kind of ill will for whatever reason. I would hate to be caught unawares while leaving this place, our arms loaded with treasure."

Current HP: 22/28
Detect magic still on.

stanleyindraven
2011-08-14, 05:30 PM
"Well, I do not much want to stay the night, let us heal and take advantage of the spoils and then head back to the inn. We may need to deal with that bard and rest before continuing on our set quest," Griff says as he motions at the armor.

Souhiro
2011-08-14, 05:38 PM
Devon does an small reverence...

Then, he just grabs a handful of gold coins and throws into the air, laughting
"We are rich! we are richer than the richest!!!"

"Well, we still have to deal with the half girl of half yellow eyes. She says that she's form The Guild, but she didn't warned about this undead and demon thing... It seems that se had forged some kind of pact with this creature."

Gwynfrid
2011-08-15, 12:18 AM
"Some kind of pact, yes, it's a possibility. The demon did say : "she said no more would come". She could be the girl. What if she was part of the group who came here and got defeated ? She might have made a pact to save her life."

Alcidias scratches his head.

"I like Griff's idea of going back to the inn. There is also the matter of these two unlucky folks here. We should bury them, better not to do it here. Can we bring the bodies back too ? They might have relatives who would appreciate the gesture."

DrK
2011-08-15, 05:55 AM
The crypt leaves you with a great sense of success as well as your pockets, bags and pouches bulging with the gold and jewellery. The weather outside is fairly average for season. Red and orange rifts in the sky and faint skeins of drifting ash souring the air.

But after 3-4 hours of walking in the ash shrouded you see the happy walls and orchard of the Goat on the planes. 3 massive towering pillars of black smoke streaming from within the walls.

Feel free to post any chatter between you guys as you walk. And please make some perception checks.

slugboy_73
2011-08-15, 06:42 AM
"I don't remember that much smoke last time we were here, do you guys," asks Agnar as he pulls out his longbow.

Perception [roll0]

stanleyindraven
2011-08-15, 07:59 AM
"No, I do not remember that. So, should I sigh now or when we get there and the place has burned to the ground," Griff says with exhaustion in his voice.

Perception [roll0]

Gwynfrid
2011-08-15, 03:55 PM
"I see", sighs Alcidias, heavily. "Any ideas how we can best prepare for battle ? By the way, in case anyone is wondering about it, I can't use these neat scrolls we found until I have deciphered them, and I was planning to do that, like, later."

We did carry the two bodies, right ? Then I guess we need to leave them here before we explore further.

Perception: [roll0]

Souhiro
2011-08-15, 04:26 PM
Devon is too cheerful for a monk! The barbarian blood in his veins is claiming for a river of wine, and indulging himself the soft skin of a skillful (and expensive) woman, but... well, the monastic ways are still laws for him. Still.

"You know. Rifts opens, rifts closes... Unless we find a fancy way to restore the fabric of the existence of this world, we'll have to live as our fathers: connected with another planes, and none of them are the 'Realm of the Free Gold'. "

"Well, I hope I oculd find some fancy bag of contention... those trophies starts to weight a LOT!"

perception: [roll0]

DrK
2011-08-16, 06:37 AM
As the party draws weapons and reades for violence both Alcidias and Devon can see that the walls are still intact and there are men on the walls standin guard. Obviosly something has happened, but not to such an extent that the Inn has been destroyed.

Devon with his sharp eyes also noted a trail of dust heading eastwards. Riders of some kind one would surmise...

Approaching the Inn
If you continue to approach the Inn you'll be greeted with a longbow arrow at ~800 feet that lands some 30ft to your left- its clearly a warning shot. And a shouted "What do more adventurer's be wantig here? You'll no find the Goat an easy picking!"

You think you recognise the man shouting as a farm hand form the previous night but you can't be sure.

Giving Chase

The riders are moving due East, away from the Goat and towards the Mountains. Coming towards them at a diagonal from the North East you think oif you started running you could maybe cut them off- or at least get within a few hundred feet to get a better look at them (Initiate an encounter)

If you do this route I'll need 3 DC10 Con checks to represent a long distance sprint to cut them off.

slugboy_73
2011-08-16, 06:41 AM
These raiders must pay, cries Broc as he starts off after the raiders.

Con check 1 [roll0]
Con check 2 [roll1]
Con check 3 [roll2]

The mighty hero promptly steps on a rock and stubs his toe...OWIE!!!

Souhiro
2011-08-16, 07:39 AM
"Darn, I should have bringed my horse!"

Devon starts to run. Fortunately his monk training allows him go go faster. But sadly, he is loaded with loot!

Con check 1 [roll0]
Con check 2 [roll1]
Con check 3 [roll2]

stanleyindraven
2011-08-16, 08:09 AM
"Agreed," Griff states as he bursts into a sprint toward the riders.

Con check 1 [roll0]
Con check 2 [roll1]
Con check 3 [roll2]

Gwynfrid
2011-08-16, 08:52 PM
"Let's try to catch them. Anyone trying to burn the inn when I'm this thirsty must pay !". Alcidias dumps to the ground the body he was carrying, and gives chase.

I'm assuming we did take the two dead bodies, as I suggested before. Hopefully, we'll win this and I will be able to come back and pick it up later for proper burial.

Con check #1 [roll0]
Con check #2 [roll1]
Con check #3 [roll2]

DrK
2011-08-17, 01:41 PM
As the party sprint across the tortured plain Griff soon begins to pull ahead as the cleric's stamina kicks in, poor Brock and Alcidias lagging behind.

As griff closes rapidly he can see there are 3 raiders, one young woman who looks familiar and two larger men with either horned helmets or just plain horns. All 3 are riding strange giant worm like creatures that are some 16ft long, 5ft in diameter and moving fast across the plain.

Griff can engage but others will be lagging behind...

stanleyindraven
2011-08-17, 01:52 PM
If Griff can barrel into one of the worms he will stabbing it with his longsword. [roll0] dmg [roll1]
If not he will throw a rock to distract them. [roll2]

Gwynfrid
2011-08-17, 01:52 PM
As everyone is losing ground to Griff, Alcidias says: "We won't make it... And we should not let them tackle us one by one. I can give a good speed boost to one of us. Who's up to it ?"

slugboy_73
2011-08-17, 01:57 PM
Yes, we can't leave Griff up there by himself.

DrK
2011-08-17, 02:02 PM
As Griff barrels into the nearest Worm oblivious of his trailing comradeshis longswordbounces off the beast's thick scales and hide. The rider, a towering figure of red skin, black scale mail and long curving demonic horns grunts in suprise, the women,her orange eyes alight with humour some 30ft beyond the male rider see's Griff You poor fool, your friends are all slow and have you left you alone. With that she calls out in a strange language and spurs her worm on as th two male riders and their worms both surroud poor Griff, the riders pulling out strange double handed hooked and cruel looking polearms, the worms ashing out with long barbed stingers.

Right attacks on Grif
[roll0] damage [roll1] + Fort DC 15 if hit
[roll2] damage [roll3] + Fort DC 15 if hit

Orange woman +80ft
Two worms+ riders and Griff point 0ft
Devon (fast movement factored in) -400ft
Alcidias -1000ft
Broc -1200ft

stanleyindraven
2011-08-17, 02:13 PM
Fort [roll0]
I take 10 on my fort save, lol.

EDIT: Wait, that seriously rolled that way, hilarious!

stanleyindraven
2011-08-17, 02:16 PM
Griff stabs the worm that hit him in the face.

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Souhiro
2011-08-17, 04:55 PM
"Hey you, orange pest! Griff is not alone, not while I'm here with my bow!!!"

Devon makes a final sprint to get in range, and then, he shoots a broad arrow to the orange girl, using his Perfect Strike.

sprint: [roll0]
broad arrow: To Hit: [roll1] OR [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

Gwynfrid
2011-08-18, 05:03 AM
"I guess I need to exercise more..." sighs Alcidias.

He casts expeditious retreat on himself and rushes to help Griff.

slugboy_73
2011-08-18, 06:42 AM
Seeing his friends in danger Broc makes another dash forward to help.

Check 1 [roll0]

Whoo!! One down, two to go!

DrK
2011-08-19, 04:34 AM
The beast howled in a insectile manner as Griff's longsword sliced through it. It reared up as both beasts and men asailed the poor hapless priest.The wounded worm going out the control as the rider managed only a half heartedattack on the cleric

Ride check [roll0] (need 15)
Attack Worm [roll1] damage [roll2]
Attack Rider [roll3] damage [roll4]

Ride check [roll5] (need 15)
Attack Worm [roll6] damage [roll7]
Attack Rider [roll8] damage [roll9]

In the distance an arrow soard past clipping the orange haired women and drawing dark black blood. She hissed at the distant archer and spurred her strange worm onto a faster speed

Devon after the sprinting (the dustances are represntative of ~2 mile chase so not accurate) is ~200 feet away.

Alcidias his form blurring as he accelarates and speeds up seems to blur and flit from position to position streaks past Devon, Broc and Desh skidding to halt in a swirling pillar of dust some ~70 ft away from the two horned strange coloured riders(and ~300ft from the fleeing orange lady)

Broc still runs, his armour weighing him down as do the weapons and the loot. He can see blood being spilled and the distant forms of Alcidias, Griff and Desh doing battle. He thinks with a concerted run he can get there in ~6 more seconds - unless his stamina gives out!

Narrative time/distance means you arrive at the end of your round next round with another passed Co check, 2 rounds if you fail

Desh sprinting to catch Griff blinks in surprise as Alcidias rushes past him, moving at superhuman pace, Skidding to a halt some 40ft from the fight Desh swirls round drawng the scimitar about to enter the fray

Her + ~200ft
Griff/2 devillish riders 0ft
Alcidias/Desh ~40-70ft (but Desh has acted)
Devon ~200ft
Broc - 1 or 2 rounds away.

I know it makes the distances a little handwavey but I don't wantto have most the party "running" for the next 6 combat rounds

Gwynfrid
2011-08-19, 05:43 AM
Panting, Alcidias stops his mad race and immediately starts casting a summon spell.

Summon monster I (celestial eagle) 1 round casting.

stanleyindraven
2011-08-19, 05:51 AM
So if he failed a ride does he loose his attack?

Griff goes into casting defensively Concentration[roll0] and casts CMW [roll1] on himself.

slugboy_73
2011-08-19, 06:33 AM
Broc keeps sprinting towards the fray!!

Con check [roll0]

I see what it is! The forum roller likes to build suspense!! Will he make it in time to help his friends!?!? Tune in next time!!

Souhiro
2011-08-19, 08:16 AM
Devon sprints to the girl, and if he is able to shoot without losing the sprint, not wanting to lose the culprit.

"I'll get her!!"

Con Check: [roll0]

Can I call my horse with a whistle? It I can, then I do!

DrK
2011-08-23, 04:22 AM
As the worm rears and jerks the worm loses its attack on Griff, a buzzing sound as a rift to the celestial realms begins to open. Griff assailed by the two riders ducks and weaves under the blows of the riders, Aroden's powers healing his gaping wounds.

As Desh races into the fray, his blade a crackling arc of electrifying energy swinging at the unwounded worm the two riders fight back hard as their worm's rear up and attack Desh and Griff.

Worm 1 against Griff
ride [roll0] VS 15
Attack from worm [roll1] damage [roll2] and Fort DC16
Attack from Rider [roll3] damage [roll4]

Desh attacking the Rider of Worm 2
Attack [roll5] (if threat [roll6])
Damage [roll7] (if crit add [roll8]) + shocking [roll9]

Worm 2 against Desh
ride [roll10] VS 15
Attack from worm [roll11] damage [roll12] and Fort DC16
Attack from Rider [roll13] damage [roll14]
--> If Desh kills the rider then just the worm will attack him!

Its all a flurry of blades and ineffectualness. Desh misses, the sizzling crackling blade going wide of the armoured horned figure. The crackling blade however causes the worms to go wild and after reasserting control the riders swings with their strange curved and hooked poleaxes are ineffectual and easily dodged.

No hits; no damage

As Desh, Griff and the worm riders battle and tussle Broc arrives panting and exhausted to the scene some 40ft near to the fighting and near to where Alcidias stands, strands of magical energy flowing around the wizard.

Devon, standing some 200ft from all the fighting and some 400ft from the fleeing lady realises he will not catch her. Not now that she is galloping away on her speeding worm. While shooting may work he won't catch her on foot. His spring can easily bring him into the main mess of the combat however and leave him easily within 40ft of the of the battling riders Desh and Griff able to unleash a veritable storm of arrows when he catches his breath.

The women, her long hair streaming out behind her like an unruly banner streaks further away abandoning her 2 comrades to their fate.

You won't catch her as her mount moves at base speed 50. You can either shoot her as she runs or help the others with the 2 strange horned humanoids fighting your allies.

Gwynfrid
2011-08-23, 06:14 AM
All while finishing his casting, Alcidias evaluates the situation. Seeing that Griff is standing his ground against the two worm riders and is now receiving reinforcements from his friends, he decides to take a risk.

The incantation ends and an eagle, glowing in celestial light, appears in a loud pop, flying in the direction of the escaping girl.

"Some help for you, Devon !" calls the young wizard.

Celestial eagle

N Small celestial/fiendish animal
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +9
DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +1 natural, +1 size)
hp 7
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +2
SR 5
Celestial - Resist Acid, Cold, and Electricity 5
OFFENSE
Speed 10ft., fly 80 ft. (average)
Melee 2 talons +3 (1d4+2), bite +3 (1d4+2)
Special Attacks Smite evil/good
STATISTICS
Str 14, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 2, Wis 15, Cha 7
Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Feats Weapon Finesse
Skills Fly +8, Perception +10; Racial Modifiers +8 Perception

Alcidias summons the eagle at maximum range, ie. 35 ft. Then the eagle uses a full-round action to "run" after the girl. His speed is 80, so at x4 movement it covers 320 ft, closing a total distance of 355 ft.

slugboy_73
2011-08-23, 06:41 AM
Broc does a double move 40 feet up to the melee, drawing his sword as he moves. He will attempt to angle his approach to see if he can get set up to flank one with Griff on the other side.

stanleyindraven
2011-08-23, 07:09 AM
Griff lays into the worm with his blade again. "C'mon you all, I don't have all day!"

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Souhiro
2011-08-23, 11:45 PM
Devon notices thatthe group can easily take the riders and even the worms, but... Griff and Desh may not live to see a new day if they have to fight the riders alone! (Plus, the shoot is way too difficult)

He curses the orange girl, and goes near the battle. She has abandoned her friends, but he won't do the same thing. He Sprints to the riders

CON: [roll0]

DrK
2011-08-24, 10:47 AM
With Broc and Devon arriving at the fighting the battle will no doubt soon turn to the good guys. Both of the riders start getting a little frantic both devoting all their attention on the cleric reasoning that if they can break him they will get the other one afterwards when he has little or no healing. Griff is lucky, one of the worms still rearing out of control and unable to attack, the other attacks all proving too weak or too feeble for the veteran adventuring cleric!

VS Griff
Rider 1 ride check [roll0] VS15
Worm [roll1] damage [roll2] and Fort DC16
Rider [roll3] damage [roll4]

VS Griff
Rider 2 ride check [roll5] VS15
Worm [roll6] damage [roll7] and Fort DC16
Rider [roll8] damage [roll9]
-I wish my bad guys could actually occasionally hit something!

The orange girl laughs, laughs and laughs some more. Echoing over the plain in a disturbing way as she continue to streak away, though the eagle will catch her in scant seconds!

Desh, appalled by the bloodshed all around ducks under the swinging tail and goes to slice rider off the unwounded beast, his blade scours through the heavy scales and cuts deep into the beastly riders body, strange ichorish yellow pus seeps from the wound stinking like fire and brimstone.

Attacking rider 2
Attack [roll10] (if threat [roll11])
Damage [roll12] (if crit [roll13])

slugboy_73
2011-08-24, 11:04 AM
With a mighty slash of his greatsword, Broc attempts to remind the bad guys it's not nice to gang up on the cleric!

I had said that I was attempting to get flank with Griff as I manuevered. I was not sure if I was able to get that to work or not. To be safe the attack rolls below do not include a flank bonus.

Power Attack rider 1
To hit[roll0]
To confirm if threat [roll1]

Dmg [roll2]
Xtra crit dmg [roll3]

Are you kidding me!!!?!

Gwynfrid
2011-08-24, 11:16 AM
While the eagle flies away at top speed, Alcidias walks a little closer to the fray to point a finger at one of the riders. A tiny dart of acid materializes to strike the enemy.

"Surrendering is an option, you know," he tells the riders coldly.

Alcidias walks up to come within 30 ft of rider 1.

Acid dart ranged touch attack (including -4 for firing in melee)
[roll0] acid damage [roll1] - looks like we're having a worst aim ever contest in this fight :smalleek:

The eagle (round 2 out of 6) flies an additional 320 ft after the girl. How close is it now ?

stanleyindraven
2011-08-24, 12:14 PM
Griff will cry out as he is hit by the worm. Fort [roll0]
Griff then swings at the worm again

Attack
[roll1]
Confirm
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3]
Crit Damage
[roll4]

EDIT:I seem to be the one making all the decent rolls on our side.

Souhiro
2011-08-24, 12:50 PM
As soon as Devon arrives, he loads a wide arrow in the bow and shoots a flurry of arrows to the uglier of the two riders. (One of them had to be uglier than the other!)

"It's not that you pledge alliance to that demon girl, but your very FACE is a crime against nature! So I condemn you to have a few new holes!!"

Two wide arrows.
To Hit: [roll0] (+1 if we are less than 30ft) Damage: [roll1]
To Hit: [roll2] (+1 if we are less than 30ft) Damage: [roll3]

"Alcidias!! Do you know who are these creatures? And more important: Iron, Silver, or just shoot them until they don't move anymore?"

Gwynfrid
2011-08-24, 01:22 PM
Now that is a good question, thinks Alcidias as his shot misses by a mile. What are these uglies ?

Knowledge checks are not actions, so, now that I'm close enough to get a good look at them, let's assess what these riders and what these worms are:

Knowledge(arcana, dungeoneering, nature, The Planes - whichever is applicable, I've got the same number of ranks in each) [roll0]

slugboy_73
2011-08-24, 01:54 PM
Oh sure!! now a 19 comes up! :smallyuk::smallcool:

DrK
2011-08-24, 04:11 PM
Griff

Hey Griff- if they fail the ride check then they lose the worm so you weren't hit.

Alcidias

The riders are some sort of fiend-spawn. Resitant to fire and cold they wield acid tipped poleaxes (should one ever hit)
THe worms are fiendish dustworms. They can burrow climb and have a poison stinger.

The eagle would have been in charge range this turn so you can work out that if you wish.

As flurries of blows clang off weapons, slither off scales and are nimbly dodged both of the riders seek to improve their situation. THe one riding the wounded worm shuffles back a fraction to be out of combat. His hands glow a dark black and a aura of menace surrounds him in a terrifying way. Collecting the cloud of fiendish evil he unleashes it in a blast around them that sears the skin off Desh, Broc and Griff.

Everyone make Fort saves (DC15) or take [roll0] damage and be sickened (-2 on D20 rolls) for [roll1] rounds. Fort saves negate sickness and take half damage

The second rider spins round and round and round. The dust worm kicking up a wall of dust as the long poleaxe lashes out all 3 people nearby...

against Griff [roll2] to hit and [roll3] damage
against Desh [roll4] to hit and [roll5] damage
against Broc [roll6] to hit and [roll7] damage

Desh as the blades clash and shatter around him and black fire rages leaps forward into the fray lashing at the rider.

Fort save [roll8]
Attack roll [roll9] (threat [roll10]
Damage [roll11] (crit [roll12])

Souhiro
2011-08-24, 05:28 PM
Devon sees that the situation is totally critical. So he is determined to end the battle. And he knows how to do it!

Slowly, he draws a lime-green arrow, and takes his time to get near enough for a Point-Blank shot, then he tenses every muscle on his body, and focus mind and soul in this shot to the rider who is still on the worm.

Perfect Strike! With a Trip Arrow.

It allows me to throw two times, and choose the best roll.
Attack1: [roll0] Attack2: [roll1]
A trip arrow don't do any damage, but it should dismount the demonspawn

slugboy_73
2011-08-24, 08:10 PM
Fort Save [roll0]

Broc is able to resist the worst of the fiendish dust storm.

slugboy_73
2011-08-24, 08:14 PM
Seeing the dirty tricks these creatures are using Broc is filled with fury and unleashes another powerful swing on one of them.

Power attack on Rider 1
To hit [roll0]
To confirm if crit [roll1]

Dmg [roll2]
Extra crit dmg [roll3]

Gwynfrid
2011-08-24, 11:21 PM
The eagle dives at top speed, straight for the escaping girl, and attempts to bite her with its powerful beak.

Correction to earlier round action for the eagle:

Eagle round 2
Smite evil and charge orange-eyed laughing girl: Attack [roll0] damage [roll1]
AC12 until next round as a result of charge

Assuming the worm continues to move, the eagle will simply follow in flight and strike every round.

Gwynfrid
2011-08-24, 11:34 PM
Alcidias answers back to Devon, "mount and rider are both fiendish, but I think you just need to use magic weapons !"

Then the young mage attempts to throw an acid dart again.

Meanwhile, far away from this battleground, the eagle strikes the girl again.

Acid dart ranged touch attack against rider 1(including -4 for firing in melee)
[roll0] acid damage [roll1]

Eagle round 3
Move action to stay airborne and kep up with the worm's speed.
Assuming the eagles survives to that point : Smite evil attack [roll2] damage [roll3]

Sorry for the double post. I thought I should separate the actions of last round from the actions of this one.

DrK
2011-08-28, 02:28 PM
Its carnage on the plain. Getting further away the women sneers at the tiny wound as the worst of it closes up and continues to race away not even deigning to defend herself against the bird.

Back amongst the main companiosn both the worms are leaking strangely syrup like blood onto the dust whilst the riders still are more or less uninjured, their strange coloured skin and long horns getting more and more red as their rage appears to be building.

Both surge forward, worms leaping into the attack as well as they pounce towards the Griff and Broc in a flurry of tail stings and polearms. Griff ducking and weaving around the worm like monster and the cruel hooked barbs of the rider, Broc being brutally assualted with a fury like he had rarely experienced in his life before...

Bad Guy 1 Vs Griff
Ride check [roll0] Vs 15
Worm [roll1] damage [roll2] + DC16 Fort save
Rider [roll3] damage [roll4]

Bad Guy 2 Vs Broc
Ride check [roll5] Vs 15
Worm [roll6] damage [roll7] + DC16 Fort save
Rider [roll8] damage [roll9]

--> Sourhiro; if your CMB roll against CMD 16 trips one of them I'll modify it accordingly

slugboy_73
2011-08-28, 03:01 PM
I guess they like the taste of half-orc!!

Fort save [roll0]

Souhiro
2011-08-28, 03:56 PM
Well, the attack roll before was to trip, but if you like, I reroll.
I'll use the Perfect Strike With this, is the third time today. Still have one more.

CMB1: [roll0] CMB2: [roll1]

Gwynfrid
2011-08-28, 09:05 PM
Alcidias starts to get worried, as he is running short of options, fast.

"Guys, I'm sure you want to kill these as much as I do, but just in case, if you want to withdraw: Please do it all at the same time."

He stays sharply focused, ready to cast should his partners run into trouble and try to get away.

Meanwhile, in the distance, the eagle stubbornly tries to pierce the fiery girl's skull.

Alcidias: Ready an action to cast stone call if Desh, Griff and Broc all break away from the melee.

Eagle round 4
Keep up with the worm's speed and smite evil attack [roll0] damage [roll1]

I was hoping smite evil would bypass DR, but I checked it out and in fact, only the paladin's smite evil is capable of that. Oh well.

Souhiro
2011-08-29, 01:29 AM
Oh! And I forgot that Devon can shoot this turn.

Should his last arrow had triped the Demon #2, he unleash a volley on Demon#1. Out of options, he drinks a potion of Gravity Bow and uses Wide Arrows.

Arrow 1. To Hit: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Arrow 2. To Hit: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

Devon thinks "What a day. We beat a skull dragon, then four burning skeletons, then the demon of the apocalypse that our elders feared... and now, two demonspawn with both riding worms. Will those guys ever REST?"

slugboy_73
2011-08-29, 06:47 AM
Broc is really tired of missing all the time. He mutters a quick prayer to Gorum, "Gorum, guide my blade so that these evil doers would know to fear your wrath!!" With that he launches another attack at the devil!

/copy /paste
Power attack on devil #1. I figure by now I am probably getting a flank from the cleric? if not drop my rolls by 2.
to hit [roll0]
to confirm if threat [roll1]

dmg [roll2]
xtra dmg if crit [roll3]

Whoo!! 31 points!! thats what I'm talkin bout!!

DrK
2011-08-29, 08:56 AM
The 2nd rider is slammed in the chest by the heavy headed arrow and streaks off back of the worm slamming into the ground with a dull thud. Mere seconds later the other rider shrieks in a vile and foul tongue as two arrows thud into him, one tearing out of his spine. His suffering is short lived however as with a horrific tearing sound Broc's greatsword shears through the body, the halves of the body falling feet away exposing its 4 lungs and twin heart....

The two worms rear up both bcakiung a few feet away as berefit of riders they watch the party unsure of what to do, stingers raised threateningly should the party attack them.

The downed rider staggers to his feet preparing to sell his dearly...

Griff will get to act before the rider.
He'll then get an AoO if he moves up to the downed rider.

Rider stands and either attacks Griff if he's beside him or will 5ft step and attack Desh
[roll0] damage [roll1]

Souhiro
2011-08-29, 04:32 PM
Devon tries to shoot before the bad guy have any chance of standing up, since his companions have received some good blows. But if the bad guy stand up before he can shoot, he ill charge agains the bad guy and will kick him.

May he can shoot first:
Attack 1:[roll0] Damage:[2d8+2]
Attack 2:[roll1] Damage:[2d8+2]

May he charge against the bad guy:
Attack: [roll2] Damage:[1d8+2] NONLETHAL. He can ask some questions later.

"Don't Kill him, just drop him KO!, he can tell us about the orange girl"

-- Edit --

Owwww, Come on!! The DiceRoller just plain HATE me!

Gwynfrid
2011-08-29, 04:52 PM
As the worms back away from his friends, Alcidias sees his opening and immediately starts casting a new spell. A rain of dirt, gravel and small pebbles fall on the worms, filling the area with debris.

Meanwhile, the eagle continues to harrass the girl, however ineffectually.

Alicidias casts stone call to catch at least the worms in the spell area (40' radius). He also tries to get the rider, provided this does not place any of his friends in the area of effect.

[roll0] bludgeoning damage (no save, but DR applies). For the 4 rounds, the debris covers the ground, making the entire area difficult terrain.

Eagle round 5
Keep up with the worm's speed and smite evil attack [roll1] damage [roll2]

stanleyindraven
2011-08-30, 07:36 AM
Griff will stand at the ready, not willing to continue the bloodshed now that one rider lies in twain and the second dismounted. The worms worry him less now and he sees that his friends have arrows trained for the rider. "Surrender now, lest we slay you as your friend," he calls out to the lone rider.

DrK
2011-08-30, 07:55 AM
The two worms both slither backwards as the rocks assail them. One of them heavily wounded and obviously close to death. The lone devil-man looks at the party, grimacing as he sees how poor the situation is for him.

Looking around at the women streaking away, the eagle ineffectually pecking at her and being repelled by an aura of cold evil. He smiles at the party one more time before opening up his vest revealing a nail stabbed into where his heart might be. With a savage yank he pulls it out with a quick jerk and immediatly collapses to the ground his body hissing and smoking as the spike rolls to the ground. As the spike hits the ground the party can see strange eldritch runes encircling it flickering and moving and getting... smaller...

slugboy_73
2011-08-30, 08:16 AM
Broc quickly backs away from the grenade, er, spike.

stanleyindraven
2011-08-30, 08:23 AM
Griff will likewise, back away.

Gwynfrid
2011-08-30, 08:33 AM
Alcidias, unable to refrain his curiosity, stops for a second to try and understand the runes...

I might come to regret this...

Knowledge(Arcana) 1s20+11

He'll run away, of course, if the runes appear menacing.

Gwynfrid
2011-08-30, 08:35 AM
Sorry about the double post... stupid typo.

Knowledge(Arcana) [roll0]

DrK
2011-08-30, 08:43 AM
The rune trickle down very rapidly, the greenish tinge getting brighter and brighter as it creeps closer and closer to the tip. Alcidias can't get a clear view but he does think that its numbers. Going down....

As Griff, Devon, Desh, Broc and Alcidias all dart away sprinting away from the spike there is a sudden explosion fo green fire, at its heart and strange maw that seems hungry for souls, then its gone...

The plain calms down... the last few squacks of the eagle getting further and further away as does the obviously evil girl. The two strange worms lie still, triple sets of purplish compound eyes watching you as their tails wiggle menacingly in some sort of defensive posture.

Souhiro
2011-08-30, 08:49 AM
Devon will try to calm the worms, offering food (A ration for each)

"Hey guys... Does someone knows something about Handle Animals?

stanleyindraven
2011-08-30, 08:58 AM
Griff waves the animals off and looks for the bodies of the riders.

Gwynfrid
2011-08-30, 09:12 AM
"These are fiendish dustworms, Devon. I don't think you can tame them, unless you're from Hell yourself. They are dangerous animals, it would be better for us to finish them off, or at least drive them away."

Souhiro
2011-08-30, 06:29 PM
"Ok, then we should go back to the town. Withut our horses, we never get to the orange girl. I think the durstworms will eat the rations and leave us, if we don't mess with them.

And if they try to charge us, I still can down one of them before they reach us."

Does the corpses have any sigil, any uniform or mark? The same for the worms, if they have any kind of saddle.

slugboy_73
2011-08-30, 09:39 PM
Broc attempts to approach the dead bodies, if they are still whole, to search them.

Gwynfrid
2011-08-30, 10:26 PM
Still eyeing the worms, ready to run should they attack, Alcidias casts detect magic, then approaches the bodies.

Souhiro
2011-08-31, 01:42 AM
As the companions are looting fallen foes, Devon changes his mind; he don't load an arrow nor raises the bow, but he have his weapon ready and keeps a watchful eye on the worms

"Okay, Look for the corpses but quickly. I'm watching here"

DrK
2011-08-31, 03:50 AM
Searching through the remains of the two men. Both were wearing the same sort of blackened chain and had silver lightning forks no their collars. Their horns glitter and to Alcidias's magical eye both glow with a faint hint of evocation. In their belt pouches they each have 30 strange octagonal golden coins with strange disturbing runes on and 2 flasks of a strange reddish liquid. The pole axes are clearly of master quality but in a strange obscure and definitely evil looking way.

The two dustworms slither forward and gobble up the trail rations in seconds. Strange saddles wrapped around their centres with bridles snagged around a strange projection jutting out between the triple eye. The wounded one seems to be recovering and you can see its wounds slowly knitting together. While fiendish they don't seem inherently hostile to you, just hungry. Both waiting there most of their length curled up, their heads raised as they fix their compound eyes on Devon's backpack...

30GP each (total 60gp) -though to a collector could be worth more.
4 Potions Acid Breath - Drink and then within 1 hour release 20ft cone 3d6 acid (Ref DC16 for half)
2 MW devillish pole-axes (Halberds)

Across the plain as the eagle vanishes back to its home realm the women is rapidly becoming a speck on the horizon heading East towards the mountains.

Souhiro
2011-08-31, 05:26 AM
"Okay, there goes nothing!"

Devon just hurl another of his rations to the side of one of the worms, and if he turns to get it, the archer will try to jump and ride the worm.

Acrobatics Check (If needed to jump) [roll0]
Ride Check (If needed to ride) [rollv]1d20+8[rollv]

DrK
2011-09-01, 05:42 AM
The worm lunges down to feast on the next trail rations. The rations vanishing in a single bite. As it lunged the young monk vaulted up, a foot on a stirrup and hand on a strange slick yet sharp to the touch scale. As he landed in the saddle the beast reared from head and tail but a sharp tug of the reins calmed it and it merely stared round at the rider, triple eyes focusing on the backpack once more as it began to slowly slither in a circle...

Ride check [roll0]
Well done; you now have a fiendish poisonous worm to ride :smallsmile:

Gwynfrid
2011-09-01, 06:28 AM
Astonished, Alcidias looks up at his now much higher placed friend.

"I stand corrected. Very impressive, Devon ! Still, don't count on me to try that trick on the other one..."

He takes the opportunity to gather the loot from the corpses.

"All in all, that was a good day. Shame we couldn't catch the girl, maybe we'll have another chance one day. Shall we go back to the inn ? I hope it is still standing..."

slugboy_73
2011-09-01, 06:42 AM
Broc covers up the X he marked on the ground where he thought Devon would land after the worm threw him.

Yes! Back to the inn. I hope they still have some all. I am parched!

He then helps Alcidias with the loot.

stanleyindraven
2011-09-01, 07:22 AM
Is the other body still there? If so Griff will take one off its horns as proof of their death.

"I could use some rest after this, how 'bout next time you guys keep up eh," He says as he begins his way back to the road to the inn.

Souhiro
2011-09-01, 10:41 AM
"Okay, my friends. You better go back to the inn. I'll use our new friend to scout a bit, and try to see where has the Orange Girl gone.

Ah, and perhaps I'll need one of the corpses, you know, if I go to the town riding Wurmple -yes, from this day, this worm will be know as Wurmple- I will have to convince the guards that I killed a demon to get him, so please, leave the corpses here when you end with the loot!"

Devon then follows the trail that the orange girl left in the sands. He will follow from a distance, because he is looking for the hiding place of the orange girl, more than fighting her. If the chase prolongues for more than 1 hour, he'll come back to the town.

DrK
2011-09-04, 08:30 AM
As the others trudge back to the Inn they can see that fires around the Goat are under control. One of the men guarding the ggate nods and beckons them forward rather than launching arrows at them. Travellors, we saw you fighting them that tried to burn us down. He nods to someone unseen by you and the doors of the open to show about 30 or so people dousing the fires, preparing some dead for burial and generally trying to clear up. From one of the stables you can hear the piteous moaning of some injured people. Mistress Farshaw, a bandage around one side of her face and a bloodied longspear in one hand sees you and smiles wanly at you. I apologise gentlemen. The Goat's not really open to custom right now.. Its obvious to anyone that she is clearly highly upset and in shock.

Devon

The worm responds to your commands sinously winding across the dusty plain as fast a horse would canter. The other worm seeing its companion travelling noiselessly joins you, trailing by some 30ft.

You track the young lady for ~1 hour heading due east towards the mountains until you lose her in some narrow foothills and scree slopes...

Please make a survival (track) check

Souhiro
2011-09-04, 08:55 AM
Devon Survival (Track) Check! [roll0].

Whatever, I think that she can have a hideout here, so Devon will come back to the Goat. Hoping that Wurmple dont raise too much suspicions.

DrK
2011-09-04, 09:23 AM
Devon

Searching around cautiously Devon manages to track the distinctive s-shaped track of the worm to a steep sided gully that ends in a large cave. The cave is some 35ft in diamater and viewed from certain angles would also seem to appear like a screaming skull...

2 hours after the others you to arrive at the Inn. Warned by your friends the guards on the gate wave you forward. You be welcome inside barbarian but the thrice cursed beast not be... It can sleep outside the walls and if gods will it be eat by something bigger that it! The venom is his voice suggests that one of the worms may have eaten one of his close friends or family...

Gwynfrid
2011-09-04, 11:11 AM
On the way back to the inn, Alcidias picks up the body he had been carrying all the way back from the ruined tower.

"Of course we understand, Mistress Farshaw. I think we are just weary, none is us was badly wounded. You've had a much worse day, that's for sure. It's just bad luck we didn't come back a little earlier to help fend off these devils. Two of them, at least, won't come back for more, and with any luck, we'll be able to track down that girl tomorrow.

Meanwhile, just tell us what we can do to help."

He indicates the two bodies the group carries.

"We found these two in the ruined tower. Do you have any idea who they might be ?"

I'm assuming someone else carried the second body. Did they have any possessions of value, or that could be used to identify them ?

Souhiro
2011-09-04, 01:44 PM
Devon to the guard
"Thou have not to worry. These animals are just that: animals. It can be used for good or evil. But I understand that there are rules to the city. So if you say that Wurmple has to sleep outside the wall, for all that is sacred, he will sleep outside."

Devon relieves Wurmple Wurmple and his little girlfriend worm from whatever they have on their saddles, and then he throws away from the city two rations. He will go to the city, and see if he could buy some more rations (Animal Trail rations, since those weight more) and give them more food to keep them distracted.

Then he goes to search the rest of the party, to the Goat, or whatever remains of it

To Alcyidyas, when he find him: "Hello, have you seen some adventurers that speak common way better than me?"

slugboy_73
2011-09-04, 02:00 PM
"I have a few healing spells left if anyone is in need of healing," Broc tells Mistress Farshaw.

DrK
2011-09-04, 02:55 PM
Mistress Farshaw looks at the half-orc with something close to relief. Thank you master cleric. That is most generous. Please, if you can help some of the injured you and your comrades may rest and eat for free. With that she motions the half-orc towards what was the stables. Now its the home of 6 heavily injured men, some bearing the poisoned stings of the beasts.

Upon seeing the dead bodies Mistres Farshaw nods to Alcidias. Aye, I did know them. Or at least I recognise the remains. THey travelled with that hall spawned bitch and passed through a few days before you did. He was a good tipper, generous and polite she says of the more heavily armoured body.

2 hours later

The man nods at devon. You make sure they stay out of the town or they'll be destroyed. As Devon tosses the chunks of meat and rations he sees the worms devour them before partially burying themselves in the soft earth outside the Inn and then presumably going to sleep if the rumbling and slow exhalation of greenish gases is anything to go by.

slugboy_73
2011-09-04, 05:44 PM
Broc moves to the wounded men and casts the remaining healing he has:

Person 1 [roll0]
Person 2 [roll1]
Person 3 [roll2]

The person that looks the worst gets a cure moderate

Person 4 [roll3]

Unfortunately Broc never really listened to what the shaman in his former clan said about using herbs and stuff to help victims of poison. He casts Detect Poison to see who is poisoned then Guidance on himself before each untrained Heal roll vs the DC of the poison

Poisoned person #1 [roll4]
Poisoned person #2 [roll5]
Poisoned person #3 [roll6]

If there were more wounded just say so.

Well, at least I gave one person a +4 on their poison save

DrK
2011-09-06, 06:26 AM
The stable was dark, dank and smelled of pus, blood and suffering. 4 men were laid out on the floor, including Master Farshaw the owner of the Inn, a large hole in his chest.

As Broc walked amongst them wounds closing at the half-orc's touch all looked gratefully at the adventurer thanking Broc for their aid.

stanleyindraven
2011-09-06, 07:34 AM
Griff will join in the healing using what abilities he has left.

Calming Touch 1: [roll0]
Calming Touch 2: [roll1]
CLW: [roll2]

DrK
2011-09-08, 06:59 AM
Mistress Farshaw looks at the two healers thankfully. especially as her hsuband wheezes into life once more. Thanks to you. Saranrae worship, warm and protect you. Please if there is anything you need or require we'll be happy to provide it.

After waiting for a response she'll wander back into the scorched walls of the Goat and continue making a large batch of stew to feed the survivors and workmen. With night drawing in you can already see some faint cerulean blue flickers in the sky as more riftstorms are on their way...

slugboy_73
2011-09-08, 07:23 AM
Broc looks around at the buildings. Are they still inhabitable? Will the people be able to take cover from the storms? He is not a carpenter but he can lend a hand in repairing the buildings.

stanleyindraven
2011-09-08, 07:49 AM
"Just a place to rest at the end," Griff says as he looks about. He will then carry himself over to help extinguish the remaining fires and help with preparations for the storm coming. "The Guild said there would be days like this, I just hadn't thought they would be this bad."

Gwynfrid
2011-09-08, 09:27 AM
Alcidias spends the next couple of hours helping around as much as he can. He takes every opportunity to ask about the names and any information regarding the two dead folks the group brought back.

He then comes back to the common room.

"That stew smells like the best thing I have ever had for dinner, Mistress Farshaw. That and a place to rest is all one could hope for after such a tough day."

He tries to find a place to sleep that's quiet enough for a bit of study in the morning.

Untrained, incompetent Diplomacy check to gather information: [roll0]

Can we refresh spells ? I also need to decipher my new scrolls.

slugboy_73
2011-09-08, 01:49 PM
Yes, Broc will also need to rest for the night to get his spells back.

DrK
2011-09-09, 02:24 PM
The evening passes in a rushed and harried manner. Flames are extinguished, the dead are properly buried and Msitress Farshaw and the wenches hand out large portions of thick stew and bread, much respect is given to the party, especially Broc and Griff after their efforts in helping the wounded.
The party are offered the best 2 rooms in the Inn and Mistress Farshaw is happy to hand over 2 bottles of best remaining wine.

The night passes peacefully with crackling cerulean blue storms and rifts lighting up the sky with vivid blue lightning and freezing arboreal winds that leave a thick layer of ice coating the Inn and the rooms.

Morning milords is the first the party here in the morning, Amber the serving wench bringing in a breakfast of a stew, ale and fresh baked bread. "Something to take that morning chill off eh?".

Feel free to chat amongst yourselves and decide what you guys want to be doing...

Gwynfrid
2011-09-09, 02:42 PM
The first thing Alcidias does in the morning is to spend an hour refreshing his spells. He does not want to be caught powerless in case something bad happens early in the day.

Having done that, he casts read magic and pores over the scrolls he acquired the day before.

Only then does he go down for breakfast, warmly thanking Amber for the food and welcome.

"So, guys, where are we off today ? Devon, you were able to track that girl last night. Do you think we have a chance to catch her if we set out fast enough ?"

I'll update my character sheet with fresh spells at some point during the week-end.

Souhiro
2011-09-10, 08:36 AM
Yes, I think that I know where she is.

I was able to follow her until she got into a cave that looked like a screaming skull. I didn't wanted to venture all alone and tired from so many combats, so I just came back.

I think we can get in there easily... and by the way, Wurmple's little girlfriend looks docile. I think any of you can ride her.

Oh.. by the way, do anyone knows what happened? Apart from the evident. Who, when and why they attacked? The Half-fiends weren't any wounded when we fought'em!

PS: Are still some shops? I'm almost out of blunt arrows, and need more rations for my little poisonous demon worms!