PDA

View Full Version : Holy Reaper? Need Scythe Optimization

Rossebay
2011-07-20, 04:32 PM
I really like scythes. Really really like scythes.

But, I've encountered a problem: There are weapons out there that double the scythe's base effectiveness. And sure, they have a 4x crit, but that seems to only lead to an overkill.

I have a few ideas going... First is Keen, obviously. I need to do something with that crit range. Next is power attack (simple enough, we all know it's a staple of THWs).
The DM will allow it to act as a Polearm, so any polearm feats would be acceptable.
Any Paladin or Sorc/Wizard spells, levels 1-3 (or 4) that might help me out would also be appreciated. I must stay Lawful Good.

tl;dr
Scythe OP. General or Polearm Feats, Enhancements, Paladin/Sorc/Wizard spells lvl 1-4 are all acceptable. Must be LG.

Curious
2011-07-20, 04:36 PM
Get an ally to dual-wield kukris, and have him take the Butterfly Sting (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/butterfly-s-sting-critical) feat. Now, whenever he crits, he passes it on to you with your x4 multiplier. Have fun.

aquaticrna
2011-07-20, 04:37 PM
if you're wanting to focus on your crit range there is a class in BoVD that (eventually) triples your crit range on any "iron" weapon and it explicitly stacks with keen or improved crit, so you can take your 20, 4x scythe to a 18-20 crit range (unfavorable reading of the rules) or 15-20 4x (favorable reading)

i'm not really sure how those are supposed to stack, i can never really tell when things are supposed to be +100% vs doubling.

Rossebay
2011-07-20, 04:59 PM
if you're wanting to focus on your crit range there is a class in BoVD that (eventually) triples your crit range on any "iron" weapon and it explicitly stacks with keen or improved crit, so you can take your 20, 4x scythe to a 18-20 crit range (unfavorable reading of the rules) or 15-20 4x (favorable reading)

i'm not really sure how those are supposed to stack, i can never really tell when things are supposed to be +100% vs doubling.

I can't be evil, I should have mentioned that. Due to AFC taking and such, I can't change my Paladin's alignment.