PDA

View Full Version : Domain power ACF?

mootoall
2011-07-20, 04:55 PM
Is there a way for an arcane spellcaster (Wizard/Sorc?) to get Domain powers? I seem to recall it somewhere, but my Google-fu is failing me.

Piggy Knowles
2011-07-20, 05:09 PM
Complete Champion. Domain Granted Power.

Thespianus
2011-07-20, 05:28 PM
Complete Champion. Domain Granted Power.

Clarification: This is available to wizards at level 5, 10 and 15

The Sorcerer version, which seems decent, is called Domain Access, the ACF is taken at 5th level and grants you the spells AND the power from one domain. The downside is that you lose one Sorcerer spell per level and unless your Domain is awesome, this might be a real drag.

Vemynal
2011-07-20, 05:38 PM
there's also a feat, but you have to be of the appropriate level and have a high enough wisdom to use the domain power. I'm spacing on its name

LaughingRogue
2011-07-20, 05:46 PM
there's also a feat, but you have to be of the appropriate level and have a high enough wisdom to use the domain power. I'm spacing on its name

Arcane Disciple is the feat you are looking for

Through domains, you add some extra spells to your list. It's good but check out the requirements: the domain spells you get are wisdom-based and you can't cast them unless you have the appropriate wisdom score (10+spell level).

dextercorvia
2011-07-20, 07:12 PM

Arcane Disciple is the feat you are looking for

Through domains, you add some extra spells to your list. It's good but check out the requirements: the domain spells you get are wisdom-based and you can't cast them unless you have the appropriate wisdom score (10+spell level).

Arcane Disciple adds the spells, but not the power. The feat to add the domain power is Planar Touchstone linked to Catalogs of Enlightenment. It allows you to pick any domain power.

mootoall
2011-07-20, 07:36 PM
Ah, the Planar Touchstone version is even better. I was looking at the Fate domain, because Uncanny Dodge on a character with a higher touch AC than Flat Footed AC is a good thing. Though am I correct in saying that, with the Wizard/Sorcerer ACFs, they actually get more domains than Clerics unless they take Contemplative? That seems like an interesting reason to go Wizard 20 ... Not necessarily optimal, but interesting nonetheless.