PDA

View Full Version : Cool Weapon Enhancement Combos!

Rossebay
2011-07-20, 07:13 PM
I've got one right now: A morphing changeling spear.

Changeling spears can be shortspears, spears, and longspears. Morphing weapons can take the form of any weapons of the same category (light, one handed, two-handed). So, sure, you can't pull a dagger out of your robes and turn it into a scythe, but I still think it's cool.

This is something I've always loved using. I'll make my Keen Energy Aura Collision Morphing Fullblade into a Keen Energy Aura Collision Morphing whip that I wear as a belt. That lets me sneak into places wielding a weapon that usually you'd be leaving at the door.

Sizing is another viable option if your DM is using weapon size to determine how easy something is to hold. Just reduce your Fullblade to tiny and you've got yourself a dagger.

If anyone has any other cool combinations, feel free to share.

Crow
2011-07-20, 07:28 PM
Sap of Sudden Stunning.

panaikhan
2011-07-21, 07:44 AM
Viscious Merciful weapon for Constructs (and other beings immune to subdual)

Karoht
2011-07-21, 11:23 AM
Staff of Sod
+3 when attacking from behind. Attacks from the front are at -1.
(Was an actual item in a campaign I was in. No I did not get hit with it. No I did not hit others with it.)

The Dark Fiddler
2011-07-21, 01:09 PM
Assuming you've taken a weapon proficiency feat, would a Morphing Aptitude weapon let you change your weapon into whatever you need at the moment (in the same category) and also be proficient with it, while using whatever other weapon-specific feats you have?

klemdakherzbag
2011-07-21, 01:17 PM
Vicious and Vampiric are nice together

Ksheep
2011-07-21, 01:38 PM
Can't remember if these are the right names for it (away from books at the moment), but a ranged weapon with Piercing and Exploding. The player gets hit, the projectile explodes dealing more damage, then goes through and has a chance of hitting the next person in line, exploding again. Rinse and repeat.

Of course, if you want really zany, put both of these enchantments on a net and see what sort of strange looks everyone gives you.

Rossebay
2011-07-21, 04:56 PM
Assuming you've taken a weapon proficiency feat, would a Morphing Aptitude weapon let you change your weapon into whatever you need at the moment (in the same category) and also be proficient with it, while using whatever other weapon-specific feats you have?

I would think so, yes.

Drelua
2011-07-21, 05:48 PM
Wounding and speed; simple but cruel, especially with TWF.