PDA

View Full Version : What to Do With My (Sort of) Dead PC

Gorfang113
2011-07-20, 08:42 PM
So my lizardfolk fighter was just killed during our last session. He was then immedietly animated as a zombie and awakened by one of the trio of villians. He is supposed to a slave to the demonic circus we are in, but my DM specificly told me to NOT make a new character. So im assuming that my character will still have an active role. At the end of the session we leveled up so im asking for ideas for feats and things to do now that im undead. I already have decided that I will get a ring of gentle repose made so that I won't rot to badley. What else should i do or get? (Like feats, items, stuff like that). Thanks in advance :smallsmile:

Kumori
2011-07-20, 08:47 PM
Ask your DM if he'll let you take the Evolved Undead template instead of gaining a class level. It's a +1 LA, so it's sort of like gaining a level. He may not allow it though, due to the fluff it has about being acquired.

vampire2948
2011-07-20, 10:45 PM
Ask your DM if he'll let you take the Evolved Undead template instead of gaining a class level. It's a +1 LA, so it's sort of like gaining a level. He may not allow it though, due to the fluff it has about being acquired.

The fluff also involves the undead being around for hundreds/thousands of years.

See if you can swing Unholy Toughness as a feat. Cha to HP instead of Con, which you no longer have.

Other than that... Positive Energy Resistance might be handy. Most of the undead related feats are for cooler things than zombies :/ Like things with energy drain.

Silva Stormrage
2011-07-20, 11:32 PM
Well you will NEED to get some kind of pounce ability. Because with zombie's single move actions you will no longer be able to full attack. I suggest a 1 level barbarian dip for pounce IMO.
Or ask to simply remove the single action requirement for zombies.

Alaris
2011-07-20, 11:39 PM
If you're ACTUALLY a Zombie, you shouldn't be intelligent anymore, and therefore, you aren't actually your character.

So my assumption is one of the following:

1. Within the next session, you will be found, slain, and brought back to the world of the living.

2. You are not actually using the Zombie template, and that is just the fluff he gave you.

Silva Stormrage
2011-07-21, 12:17 AM
If you're ACTUALLY a Zombie, you shouldn't be intelligent anymore, and therefore, you aren't actually your character.

So my assumption is one of the following:

1. Within the next session, you will be found, slain, and brought back to the world of the living.

2. You are not actually using the Zombie template, and that is just the fluff he gave you.

In the OP he said he was awakened. Which means that he is intelligent.

Kumori
2011-07-21, 02:50 AM
The fluff also involves the undead being around for hundreds/thousands of years.

That's the exact part I was refering to. It is only fluff though, so depending on the DM, it might be not be necessary to be an undead for so long.

Feytalist
2011-07-21, 04:11 AM
Try to get someone to spellstitch you. That might be a bit of fun. It's +1 LA so it might count as your next level up, assuming you can find a wizard or someone to do it for you.

Gorfang113
2011-07-21, 07:30 AM

See if you can swing Unholy Toughness as a feat. Cha to HP instead of Con, which you no longer have.

Other than that... Positive Energy Resistance might be handy. Most of the undead related feats are for cooler things than zombies :/ Like things with energy drain.

Unholy Toughness sounds good, because con was my best stat, and I lost a big chunk of hp with this. My cha isn't that good (+1 bonus I think) but it might help. Also, my DM told me that what I should do is give myself the zombie template but ignore the mental scores and slow movement things, so I can move normaly.

Hazzardevil
2011-07-21, 08:09 AM
Check with your DM why can't you just wander off, since you should have a good amount of Hit Dice, so they might not have anything controlling you.
Also, ask your DM if rather than having a template, ask if you can have one of the undead templates from the monster class thread, another d12 of hp should help you.

Gorfang113
2011-07-21, 08:40 AM
Check with your DM why can't you just wander off, since you should have a good amount of Hit Dice, so they might not have anything controlling you.
Also, ask your DM if rather than having a template, ask if you can have one of the undead templates from the monster class thread, another d12 of hp should help you.

Nothings controling me other than the threat to destroy me and throw my soul into the abyss (rather not have that happen). Also, I sort of trust my DM to get me out of this in some way, otherwise I would have made a break for it.