PDA

View Full Version : Extra Move Actions?

Tvtyrant
2011-07-20, 10:57 PM
What sources are there for extra move actions? So far the readiest one is Hustle (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/hustle.htm), getting a psionic tattoo of which would not be too difficult but it cannot provide a move action and keep your normal actions; its essentially trading a standard for a move with the tattoo.

danzibr
2011-07-20, 10:58 PM
What sources are there for extra move actions? So far the readiest one is Hustle (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/hustle.htm), getting a psionic tattoo of which would not be too difficult but it cannot provide a move action and keep your normal actions; its essentially trading a standard for a move with the tattoo.
Belt of battle? Hey, it's not much, but it's an option.

subject42
2011-07-20, 10:58 PM
Do you want a move action, specifically, or do you want movement as a swift/free action?

Curious
2011-07-20, 10:59 PM
Assuming Pathfinder is allowed, the word spell Accelerate (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/words-of-power/effect-words/accelerate) gives an extra move action. For a normal spellcaster it would require the Experimental Spellcaster (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/words-of-power) feat to acquire though.

Tvtyrant
2011-07-20, 11:00 PM
Do you want a move action, specifically, or do you want movement as a swift/free action?

Move action specifically so I can get more uses out of the Blink Belt. Though with the Phase Cloak the other would have much the same effect.

Kumori
2011-07-20, 11:03 PM
I think you might be misreading Hustle a little. It only costs a swift action, not a standard action. So you'd get one standard action, two move actions, and X free actions, or One full round action, one move action, and X free actions, or three moves and X free actions (trading the Standard for an addition move).

Tvtyrant
2011-07-20, 11:08 PM
I think you might be misreading Hustle a little. It only costs a swift action, not a standard action. So you'd get one standard action, two move actions, and X free actions, or One full round action, one move action, and X free actions, or three moves and X free actions (trading the Standard for an addition move).

No, I meant using it as a tattoo costs a standard action. I suppose I could just go Psy Warrior 4/Totemist #, but there doesn't seem to be a Prc for advancing both..

Curious
2011-07-20, 11:12 PM
Assuming Pathfinder is allowed, the word spell Accelerate (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/words-of-power/effect-words/accelerate) gives an extra move action. For a normal spellcaster it would require the Experimental Spellcaster (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/words-of-power) feat to acquire though.

Did you miss my post? Or is it not relevant to your game? :smallconfused:

Tvtyrant
2011-07-20, 11:13 PM
Did you miss my post? Or is it not relevant to your game? :smallconfused:
Soul Caster does look tempting, but this involves me learning yet anther subsystem :smalleek:

Curious
2011-07-20, 11:15 PM
Soul Caster does look tempting, but this involves me learning yet anther subsystem :smalleek:

Word caster. Also, the subsytem is composed of this; choose a target word (hint: it should be personal for Accelerate), choose an effect word. Cast spell. You would only be getting one effect word anyways, which would be Accelerate. Quite simple.

Zaq
2011-07-20, 11:22 PM
You're not going to like this, but . . . Truenamer cohort dedicated to spamming Temporal Spiral on you?

Scarlet-Devil
2011-07-20, 11:24 PM
There's a cool item in MIC called a Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker; only a few hundred gold, allows you to move half your speed as a swift action once per day (I think). There's also the wonderful Anklet of Translocation in the same book, which provides short distance teleportations as immediate actions.

Tvtyrant
2011-07-20, 11:31 PM
Belt of Battle actually looks like the most likely item, because its 3 uses a day and doesn't require class feature losses. The chronocharms are going on my "gotta collect them all" list though :D

The-Mage-King
2011-07-20, 11:36 PM
Word caster. Also, the subsytem is composed of this; choose a target word (hint: it should be personal for Accelerate), choose an effect word. Cast spell. You would only be getting one effect word anyways, which would be Accelerate. Quite simple.

Yep. Fairly easy to get a grasp on, and fun to work with too.

Not that I know anything about it, though. [/humbleness]

Curious
2011-07-20, 11:38 PM
Yep. Fairly easy to get a grasp on, and fun to work with too.

Not that I know anything about it, though. [/humbleness]

Such modesty! But I, of course, defer to the true master of words.
:smallwink:

danzibr
2011-07-20, 11:40 PM
Belt of Battle actually looks like the most likely item, because its 3 uses a day and doesn't require class feature losses. The chronocharms are going on my "gotta collect them all" list though :D
Yay I think this is one of the first times anyone's taken a suggestion of mine.

Alaris
2011-07-20, 11:42 PM
.... wow, I'm shocked no one has mentioned it yet today.

Travel Devotion. Even if you aren't a Cleric, you can still get an additional move action per round, for 1 minute, once per day.

Very easy method of getting more move actions. And you can take it more than once if you need more minutes.

If you're a cleric, you can sacrifice Turn Undead Attempts to activate it more than once.

Big Fau
2011-07-20, 11:51 PM
No, I meant using it as a tattoo costs a standard action. I suppose I could just go Psy Warrior 4/Totemist #, but there doesn't seem to be a Prc for advancing both..

Soul Manifester. It's a Psionic Soulcaster and was featured in an online article. Use Legacy Champion to keep it from costing you too much BAB.

Ardent 4/Totemist 4/Soul Manifester 2/Legacy Champion 10 (advancing Soul Manifester). There are Psionic Powers in the MoI that replace your lost chakra binds, so do what you can to obtain them on the Ardent's mantles (the Mantle Substitution would work for this).

The alternative is going Totemist/War Mind, but that route is really difficult to do if you start at the low levels.

Travel Devotion. Even if you aren't a Cleric, you can still get an additional move action per round, for 1 minute, once per day.

Very easy method of getting more move actions. And you can take it more than once if you need more minutes.

If you're a cleric, you can sacrifice Turn Undead Attempts to activate it more than once.

Once per day as a swift action, you can activate
this ability to move up to your speed as a swift action each round. Thus, you can move your speed and then take a full- round action, or move and take two other actions (two move actions or one move action and one standard action). This effect lasts for 1 minute.

I see no extra move action being granted here. While the feat does work with the Phase Cloak, it does not work with the Blink Shirt.

Glimbur
2011-07-20, 11:53 PM

Not exactly true. It lets you move as a swift action, which at first glance seems the same as an extra move action but in general is not as good.

It's difficult to get straight-up extra actions. Belt of Battle does it, Chokers can do it so if you turn into them in a way that keeps that ability you can do it. Psionics can do it. Magic... celerity can do it, especially if you're immune to daze via being a bad person.

Note that the Blink Shirt works as Dim Door, which means you can't act after you use it until your next turn. It's an annoying rule, but it is a rule.

Alaris
2011-07-20, 11:57 PM
Not exactly true. It lets you move as a swift action, which at first glance seems the same as an extra move action but in general is not as good.

It's difficult to get straight-up extra actions. Belt of Battle does it, Chokers can do it so if you turn into them in a way that keeps that ability you can do it. Psionics can do it. Magic... celerity can do it, especially if you're immune to daze via being a bad person.

Note that the Blink Shirt works as Dim Door, which means you can't act after you use it until your next turn. It's an annoying rule, but it is a rule.

You can't act after using dimension door? Holy crap... that.. wow. I did not know that.

Tvtyrant
2011-07-20, 11:59 PM

...You sadden me :'(

Edit: Still helps with the Phase Cloak, since it only makes you ethereal on a move action and not a charge.

Big Fau
2011-07-21, 12:12 AM
You can't act after using dimension door? Holy crap... that.. wow. I did not know that.

If you want to bypass that, the easiest way is to take Crinti Shadow Marauder 5 (Shining South). Requires two effectively dead feats, but it's easier to enter than Telflammar Shadow Lord (Unapproachable East).

There's also the Sun School tactical feat in CW, but that really doesn't mesh well with Totemist.

ILM
2011-07-21, 02:31 AM
You're not going to like this, but . . . Truenamer cohort dedicated to spamming Temporal Spiral on you?
Hold on, did you just recommend a Truenamer? :smalltongue:

Zaq
2011-07-21, 02:39 AM
Hold on, did you just recommend a Truenamer? :smalltongue:

Of course not. I recommended a Truenamer cohort. :smalltongue:

Really, it's more "hey, no one else is going to mention these options, so I better do so for duty and science" than "this is awesome and you should totally do it," but now we're getting off-topic. (I AM the keeper of Truenamer lore or some such nonsense, and if we want all the options on the table . . . well, someone's gotta.)

Darrin
2011-07-21, 05:52 AM
Tempo Bloodspike (150 GP, Magic of Eberron p. 140). Stab yourself for 1 HP, and sometime within the next hour you can trigger the effect to gain an additional move action.

Greaves of Aundair (5000 GP, Forge of War p. 124). +10 speed, and 3/day "immediately take a move action", but you're dazed until the end of your next turn. However, Quick Recovery (Lords of Madness) could help with that... DC 11, I think to avoid the daze.

Psicrown of the Evader (28500 GP, XPH p. 170). 400 PP and hustle, among other things. A two-level dip into Ardent to pick up the Freedom mantle (dimension hop 1, hustle 2) could also work.

Quicksilver Motion (Diamond Mind 7, Tome of Battle p. 65). Requires 3 Diamond Mind maneuvers as prereqs, and an Initiator Level of 13... just in case you have a dozen or so levels of Warblade that you didn't notice before.

Threefold Mask of the Chimera bound to your Crown chakra gives you an extra move action, but the next round you're staggered and you take a penalty on attacks/AC.

Leadership --> Cohort --> Marshall 4 --> grant move action 1/day.

Ravens_cry
2011-07-21, 06:07 AM
Query: If you have an extra move action, can you take a full round action and that move action, or do you just get to move further and other move-equivalent actions?

Greymane
2011-07-21, 06:34 AM
Query: If you have an extra move action, can you take a full round action and that move action, or do you just get to move further and other move-equivalent actions?

I honestly want an answer to this, too. In my games we just allow them to take a full round action if they can manage a Move and Standard Action.

That said, to help with the topic at hand... There is a feat called Heroic Surge in a Dragonlance book called Age of Mortals. It grants a Move OR Attack action once per four character levels. I'm very fond of that feat.

Curmudgeon
2011-07-21, 06:54 AM
Extra means extra. So all the usual rules apply to what actions you can take in a round, and then you've got an extra move action to add to that mix. Arrange the component actions for that round as you like.