PDA

View Full Version : Spells to power erudite - infinate PP

Fouredged Sword
2011-07-21, 11:22 AM
Powerpoints come from a pool. All powerpoints gained go into the pool.

There is a sor/wiz spell that gives you a pp pool, as well as some powers you can use from it. (if someone know's what it is called I am AFB right now.)

in therory a spells to power erudite could learn that spell as a power, and then procede to cast it to get more pp than it costs to cast.

Then you use those pp to repete the prosses to generate more pp.

infinate pp now just costs one power know for a spells to power erudite.

Draz74
2011-07-21, 11:24 AM
Mental Pinnacle, yeah. Sorry man, I'm afraid this is old news.

sreservoir
2011-07-21, 11:47 AM
temporary and 1 round/level, though, so you'd have to recast it frequently to not run out.

(linking synchronicities to make sure you have enough actions, using this to keep supplied with pp, on the other hand!)

Big Fau
2011-07-21, 12:44 PM
This is known information, and one of the reasons StP Erudite is Tier 1.

Divide by Zero
2011-07-21, 01:07 PM

I'd be tempted to call it Tier 0. Other casters break the game, StP Erudite breaks the entire system.

sreservoir
2011-07-21, 01:33 PM
eh, even a psion can take O(n^n) actions in n+3 rounds, given infinite pp, which is actually kind of trivial with that many actions and one of the pp recharge loops.

unlimited pp isn't actually that hard to get, even.

OracleofSilence
2011-07-21, 01:37 PM
all to true. still that is a simpler loop then many of them.

Big Fau
2011-07-21, 01:43 PM
I'd be tempted to call it Tier 0. Other casters break the game, StP Erudite breaks the entire system.

Infinite spell slots are no big deal. The real problem is what the Erudite has access to (Mantled Erudite is a Tier 1 contender, whereas StP is sitting near the top of Tier 1).

Access to all Psion/Wilder power, all Discipline powers of 8th level or lower, all arcane spells of 8th level and lower (and all Divine spells of that same level with Dragon material) makes it as versatile as the Artificer. The key difference is time: Artificers need days to get something done, an Erudite just decides to do so as a Full Round action (Linked Power), provided he knows the relevant power/spell.

FMArthur
2011-07-21, 01:46 PM

I get the feeling that regular, non-StP Erudite is only listed as Tier 2 on JaronK's list due to unfamiliarity with the class. It wields tier 2 power (psion powers) with limitless knowledge and has the day-to-day versatility of prepared casting. That's the difference between other tier 1s and their own tier 2 counterparts, by the way. Further, they get to prepare their spells spontaneously at the moment they decide to cast them. Psionic powers being (generally) more balanced than spells might make it a weaker tier 1 despite its amazing spell preparation system, but it is much too versatile to be tier 2.

Spell to Power Erudite is amazingly rigged enough that it's hard not to try to distinguish it on the tiers, but it really is just a better tier 1 than regular Erudite.

Big Fau
2011-07-21, 01:58 PM
I get the feeling that regular, non-StP Erudite is only listed as Tier 2 on JaronK's list due to unfamiliarity with the class. It wields tier 2 power (psion powers) with limitless knowledge and has the day-to-day versatility of prepared casting. That's the difference between other tier 1s and their own tier 2 counterparts, by the way. Further, they get to prepare their spells spontaneously at the moment they decide to cast them. Psionic powers being (generally) more balanced than spells might make it a weaker tier 1 despite its amazing spell preparation system, but it is much too versatile to be tier 2.

Spell to Power Erudite is amazingly rigged enough that it's hard not to try to distinguish it on the tiers, but it really is just a better tier 1 than regular Erudite.

He has mentioned that he isn't familiar with the Psionic classes. Or Incarnum ones, but very few people really are familiar with Meldshapers.

FMArthur
2011-07-21, 02:11 PM
Or you can also take Metapower: Linked Power: some 1st-level power twice. With those three feats you can begin linking Bestow Power to that power to give you 2 power points for the 1 it costs. You can take more Metapowers to augment it better. This is not even a tertiary investment for some manifesters: The more Metapower: Linked Power you enhance your 1st-level power with, the more augmentations you can stack onto other powers you link to it as well, such as sneaking a massively enchanted weapon onto a Soulbound Weapon Psywar, for instance.

sreservoir
2011-07-21, 04:10 PM
Or you can also take Metapower: Linked Power: some 1st-level power twice. With those three feats you can begin linking Bestow Power to that power to give you 2 power points for the 1 it costs. You can take more Metapowers to augment it better. This is not even a tertiary investment for some manifesters: The more Metapower: Linked Power you enhance your 1st-level power with, the more augmentations you can stack onto other powers you link to it as well, such as sneaking a massively enchanted weapon onto a Soulbound Weapon Psywar, for instance.

can't do that. you can only take it once for each power-metapower combination.

FMArthur
2011-07-21, 04:22 PM
Oh. Good. :smallsmile:

Edit: Wait a minute, someone else came here and posted their Midnight Metamagic combo with Bestow Power, which is what I was responding to with that. Was it deleted, or was I in a different thread while I made my reply to this one? :smallconfused: