PDA

View Full Version : Help with a character, please

enderlord99
2011-07-21, 12:49 PM
FLUFF:

Character is more human than anything else... but hardly has any human DNA anyway: Ancestry includes Elves, Orcs, Demons, Daemons, Devils, Modrons, Archons, Guardinals, Eladrins, Slaad (ancestor survived implantation), Illithids (ditto), Fire elementals, Water elementals, Earth elementals, Air elementals, Vampires (dhampyr), Were-all-sorts-of-thingses (including tiger, wolf, rat and boar), Dragons (White, Red, Green, Blue, Black, Gold, Silver, Brass, Bronze, AND Copper), Trolls, Ogres, Storm giants, Stone giants, Fire giants, Frost giants, and GODS. Yes, I mean all of them.:smalleek: Some of the humans in his ancestry were legendary heroes and kings.

CRUNCH:

...I have no idea; help please...

Diarmuid
2011-07-21, 12:51 PM
Level, sources allowed, intended character direction from a functionality perspective....

moar details pls...

Private
2011-07-21, 12:53 PM
Do you have any idea what sort of character you are looking to play, like Caster, Beater, Shapechanger, etc.? There are lots of classes with lots of fluff that could fit, but it really depends on what you want to play.

You could go into something like Master of Many Forms and RP it that you take the forms of the beasts from your heritage.

vampire2948
2011-07-21, 12:55 PM
There're rules for bloodlines here : http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm

But you're not going to fit all of that into a build. Unless you go Master of Many Forms and are able to turn into them all.

enderlord99
2011-07-21, 12:56 PM
Level, sources allowed, intended character direction from a functionality perspective....

moar details pls...

LEVEL: Not actually going to be used in a game so.. Any, but preferably 20.
SOURCES: All WotC-published 3.5 except the magazines.
ROLE: If I do use him in a game (not likely), it will likely- though not necessarily -be as a BBEG. Should be good at lots of things, but doesn't need to be.

Ajadea
2011-07-21, 12:58 PM
Mongrelfolk?

enderlord99
2011-07-21, 12:59 PM
Mongrelfolk?

What are those (don't have books handy)?

EDIT: Yeah, probably a Mongrelfolk sorcerer.

The Dark Fiddler
2011-07-21, 01:04 PM
Build it like any other character. At that point, his ancestry is diluted enough to not really have a mechanical effect, and it becomes mostly fluff*. I think it might be fun to play this character as timid person, seeing as he has heroes and plenty scary monsters in his bloodline.

*Unless you want to brew up a trait or something, like this:
Diverse Blood
Your blood traces back to nearly every race in existance, somehow.

Benefit
You have a 10% chance of being able to activate any items, weapon, armor, or similar that only functions for a certain race.

Drawback
You have a 10% chance of being affected by any spell or effect that only effect a certain race or group of races (such as a charm monster spell or arrows of dragonbane).

enderlord99
2011-07-21, 01:10 PM
Build it like any other character. At that point, his ancestry is diluted enough to not really have a mechanical effect, and it becomes mostly fluff*. I think it might be fun to play this character as timid person, seeing as he has heroes and plenty scary monsters in his bloodline.

*Unless you want to brew up a trait or something, like this:
Diverse Blood
Your blood traces back to nearly every race in existance, somehow.

Benefit
You have a 10% chance of being able to activate any items, weapon, armor, or similar that only functions for a certain race.

Drawback
You have a 10% chance of being affected by any spell or effect that only effect a certain race or group of races (such as a charm monster spell or arrows of dragonbane).

That trait sounds good. He'll still be a Mongrelfolk Sorcerer, also, because all of those races INCLUDING human are roughly equal in intensity.

Diarmuid
2011-07-21, 01:42 PM
If it's not something you're likely to every use in a game, why are you interested in determining what the "crunch" of the character is?

enderlord99
2011-07-21, 02:38 PM
If it's not something you're likely to every use in a game, why are you interested in determining what the "crunch" of the character is?

Because there's a slight chance I will.