PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Sword-and-Board TWF Build Help

Drelua
2011-07-21, 05:11 PM
I have most of the build up to level 12ish, but I don't know where to go from there, and want to know if I missed anything vital. I'm definitely going with the dungeon crasher variant, and I was thinking of being a drow for the darksong knight from Champions of valor. I was thinking of making him left-handed, attacking primarily with the shield for obvious reasons, using darksong for feint, which I might take the feats for if they weren't all taken. Here are the details I have so far:

Feats:
level 1: two-weapon fighting and improved shield bash
3: combat reflexes
4: power attack
5:improved bullrush
7:shield slam
8 and 9: improved two weapon fighting and greater bull rush (not sure about what order to take those in)
10: double slice?
11:shield master
12:greater two weapon fighting
13: two weapon rend

Any advice here would be appreciated.

Questions:
Should I ditch the darksong, although I like it fluff-wise, to go human for stand still?
Would a one-handed reach weapon work with this?
Any fighter archetype advice would be appreciated. I was thinking maybe two weapon warrior.
This may be gestalt, and if it is, I have no idea what to take other than fighter. In this case I would definitely go darksong, and probably take something else with bonus feats.
I'm interested in eldritch heritage for the stormborn bloodline from APG; are there any class combinations that would make this viable (not too MAD) with gestalt? I have a homebrewed swashbuckler PF update I might use.

There is a chance this character won't ever get used, since I have a feeling it could easily outshine the rest of my very low-optimization group, though I could use the AoOs from greater bullrush to help with this. With this in mind, I'd also be interested in anything that fits the flavor, even if it isn't an optimal choice. I'd appreciate any help greatly; I've never really tried to optimize before at all. Thanks in advance!

Zonugal
2011-07-21, 05:14 PM
Off the top of my mind I'd ask that if you are willing to sink a point of LA towards Drow how do you feel about the Goliath race? Goliaths really are the race for a dungeon-crasher build.

Besides that I'd say just look at different alternate class features. If you are sticking in fighter for a long time Thug adds a lot of great skills and Zhentarim substitution levels are always perfect (as they are free).

Retech
2011-07-21, 05:17 PM
I don't think Drows have LA in Pathfinder?

Drelua
2011-07-21, 05:18 PM
Off the top of my mind I'd ask that if you are willing to sink a point of LA towards Drow how do you feel about the Goliath race? Goliaths really are the race for a dungeon-crasher build.

Besides that I'd say just look at different alternate class features. If you are sticking in fighter for a long time Thug adds a lot of great skills and Zhentarim substitution levels are always perfect (as they are free).

I'm using the drow without a level adjustment, not the drow noble, and I'm trying not to use too much stuff from 3.5. One of the main reasons I was considering two weapon warrior was that it basically gives you free oversized two weapon fighting, but that's far from being set in stone.

Drelua
2011-07-21, 08:08 PM
Just looked more closely at shield slam; is there any way to get extra 5-foot steps with this rough build? Maybe mobile fighter. Also, replacing TW rend with shield slam, taking high crit range weapon.