PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Care to help me make a weapon master?

Rentaromon
2011-07-21, 05:26 PM
For the most part the idea is complete, however some of the options are limited and im not shure how balanced the class is. Any info or ideas would be greatly appriciated! And im sorry for my bad grammer and spelling.

Weapon Master: A weapon master is easy to understand, he chooses a style of combat and a weapon and he trains his whole life to perfect the use of his weapon and style to the point he is unparalleled in his craft. Think of the Weapon Master as a fighter who forgoes armor for quick movement and dodging.

Weapon and Armor ProficiencyA Weapon Master is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with no armor or shields. Additionally he may choose a single exotic weapon to gain proficiency.

AC Bonus (Ex)
When unarmored and unencumbered, the Weapon Master adds his Wisdom bonus (if any) to his AC and his CMD. In addition, a Weapon Master gains a +1 bonus to AC and CMD at 4th level. This bonus increases by 1 for every four Weapon Master levels thereafter, up to a maximum of +5 at 20th level.

These bonuses to AC apply even against touch attacks or when the Weapon Master is flat-footed. He loses these bonuses when he is immobilized or helpless, when he wears any armor, when he carries a shield, or when he carries a medium or heavy load.

Fast Movement (Ex)
At 3rd level, a Weapon Master gains an enhancement bonus to his land speed, as shown on Table: Monk. A Weapon Master in armor or carrying a medium or heavy load loses this extra speed.

Bonus Feats
At 1st level, and at every even level thereafter, a Weapon Master gains a bonus feat in addition to those gained from normal advancement (meaning that the Weapon Master gains a feat at every level). These bonus feats must be selected from those listed as Combat Feats, sometimes also called “fighter bonus feats.”

Upon reaching 4th level, and every four levels thereafter (8th, 12th, and so on), a Weapon Master can choose to learn a new bonus feat in place of a bonus feat he has already learned. In effect, the Weapon Master loses the bonus feat in exchange for the new one. The old feat cannot be one that was used as a prerequisite for another feat, prestige class, or other ability. A Weapon Master can only change one feat at any given level and must choose whether or not to swap the feat at the time he gains a new bonus feat for the level.

StyleA weapon master choose a style of combat to master, this style determines his abilities and can make him a powerful striker who uses single massive hits, or a more defensive fighter who is impossible to avoid. At second level a Weapon Master chooses a combat style, gaining the Abilities noted in the style at level 4, 7, 14, and 20.

SpecializationA weapon master likes to concentrate on a certain weapon or piece of equipment, learning to use it to the best of his abilities and eventually mastering it. At level 1 a Weapon Master chooses a primary specialization, it becomes master at level 5. At level 9 he chooses a secondary specialization to learn, that becomes master at level 13.

Styles:
Atlas Style: 2-hand weapons.
2: Titan Strike: when using power attack, devastation, or execution increase your damage by 1.5 times your str modifier. If using power attack and devastation or execution the bonus increases to 2 times your Str modifier.
4: Devastation: when making a full attack with a 2-handed weapon you may choose to not take your extra attacks to make a single powerful attack. For the attack you add your base attack bonus to your damage as well as your attack.
7: Shatter: A number of times per day equal to your wisdom modifier (minimum 1) after you have landed a hit with a 2 handed weapon you may make a free sunder attempt on your opponents armor.
14: Ravage: Each Strike with a 2 handed weapon has a chance to deal major damage to the vital parts of the body, severely weakening the body. On each successful Devastation or Execution attack your opponent takes damage to their constitution equal to your STR modifier. This damage is healed when the target makes a heal check that beats your BaB. Additionally magical healing must make the same check or the magical healing does not heal the constitution damage.
20: Execution Strike: A number of times per day equal to your wisdom modifier (minimum 1) you may make a full attack with a 2 handed weapon, if the attack hits it automatically crits for 8x damage.

Prodigy Style: 1-hand weapons.
2: Precision: when attacking with a 1-hand weapon you may add your dexterity modifier to your attack bonus. This bonus cannot exceed your wisdom modifier.
4: Seeker: when you successfully strike an opponent in combat with a 1-handed weapon count there AC as 2 lower for the remainder of the fight, this bonus can be stacked. You may lower ac in this was to a maximum of your BaB. This bonus lasts until the battle ends or you attack another target.
7: Perry: A number of times per day equal to your wisdom modifier (minimum 1) you may use your weapon to help block an attack, increasing your shield AC equal to your dexterity modifier.
14: Muscle Tare: Each Strike that beats the AC of your opponent will slice into the muscles severely weakening your enemy. The damage is equal to half the amount you beat the AC. This damage is healed when the target makes a heal check that beats your BaB. Additionally magical healing must make the same check or the magical healing does not heal the Strength damage.
20: Perfect Strike: A number of times per day equal to your wisdom modifier (minimum 1) you may make a full attack with a 1-handed weapon were you make a single attack that automatically hits and crits for 4x damage.

Thousand Blade Style: light weapons.
2: True Duel Wield: when attacking with a pair of light weapons. You may make an attack with your off hand for each attack you take with your main hand; this has no effect on the bab of the attacks.
4: Barrage Strike: when making a full attack with a light weapon you may treat your BaB as double for determining the number of strikes you may take, the bab for these extra attacks is 0.
7: Chink in the armor: A number of times per day equal to your wisdom modifier (minimum 1) you may make a strike with a light weapon that ignores enemies DR equal to half your master level.
14: Nerve Slicer: Each attack that lands with a light weapon deals 1 damage to the targets dexterity. This damage is healed when the target makes a heal check that beats your BaB. Additionally magical healing must make the same check or the magical healing does not heal the Dexterity damage.
20: Infinite Strike: A number of times per day equal to your wisdom modifier (minimum 1) you may make a full attack against your opponent with a light weapon at your Maximum Bab, if the hit lands you may make another hit at your BaB minus 1, this pattern continues until you miss. A critical miss counts as a roll of 1 without the critical miss during this attack.

Specializations:
Scabbard Adept: When using a weapon in 1 hand you can use a scabbard in your off hand as if it was a buckler.
Scabbard Master: you may make a shield bash with your scabbard and are treated as if you have all feats for the equipment trick requirement for scabbard tricks.

Reaping Adept: you may choose a single critical feat that you met the requirements for, except for BaB. When wielding a weapon with a critical damage of x4 of higher you gain that feat.
Reaping Master: when wielding a weapon with a critical damage of 4x or higher it is increased by 1 (to 5x for a 4x weapon), additionally you may apply 2 critical feats to the weapon.

Range Adept: when wielding a weapon that has reach you gain the ability to lower your dexterity bonus and increase your attack and damage by an equal amount until the end of the turn.
Range Master: when wielding a weapon that has reach you may make an attack of opportunity when an enemy enters your threat area.

Chain Adept: when wielding a flail you may spend a move action to spin the flail at a faster speed, if during that turn you make a successful disarm attempt the item disarmed is struck 10 feet in the direction of your choosing and you gain +2 to the maneuver.
Chain Master: when wielding a flail and you spend a move action to spin the flail faster you may continue to keep it spinning as a free action unless you make an attack or other action that would stop the spinning. Additionally when you are spinning the flail faster you may make a touch attack with the flail, if it hits the target must make a constitution check equal to your BaB plus your STR modifier or they are staggered for 1d4 rounds.

Pierce Adept: when wielding a weapon that deals only pierce damage
Pierce Master: when wielding a weapon that deals only pierce damage

HD 10
Lvl x BaB x1.25 Fort: low Ref: high Will: high
Lvl 1_ bab 1_ Fear Primary Adept
Lvl 2_ bab 2_ Feat Style
Lvl 3_ bab 3_ 10Ft
Lvl 4_ bab 5_ 1AC Feat Style
Lvl 5_ bab 6_ Primary Master
Lvl 6_ bab 7_ 20Ft Feat
Lvl 7_ bab 8_ Style
Lvl 8_ bab 10 Feat
Lvl 9_ bab 11 2AC 30Ft Secondary Adept
Lvl 10 bab 12 Feat
Lvl 11 bab 13
Lvl 12 bab 15 3AC 40Ft Feat
Lvl 13 bab 16 Secondary Master
Lvl 14 bab 17 Feat Style
Lvl 15 bab 18 50Ft
Lvl 16 bab 20 4AC Feat
Lvl 17 bab 21
Lvl 18 bab 22 60Ft Feat
Lvl 19 bab 23
Lvl 20 bab 25 5AC Feat Style

Domriso
2011-07-21, 08:38 PM
I like the idea of focusing on weapon styles (I've had a similar idea for a while myself), and what you've got I think is pretty good. Speaking on terms of balance, eh, I'm not too good at that, but I like what I see.

As for the piercing abilities, what about something like this?

Pierce Adept: When wielding a weapon that deals only piercing damage, you can perform a special action designed to cripple an opponent. As a full-round action, you can make a single attack that, if successful, has a chance to ruin one of your opponents limbs. The opponent must succeed on a Fortitude save or else receive a gruesome wound to one body part. The body part can be aimed for, but different limbs impose a different penalty on the attack roll.

Arms: Aiming at an Arm (or similar appendage) imposes a -2 penalty on attack rolls. A successful strike tears the limb, causing it to be unable to hold anything in that hand.

Leg: Aiming at a Leg (or similar appendage) imposes a -2 penalty on attack rolls. A successful strike rips the muscles, causing it to be difficult to use. The opponent reduces their movement speed by 10 feet, and gains a -3 penalty to Bull-rush, Charge, and Grapple checks.

Eyes: Aiming at an Eye imposes a -8 penalty on attack rolls. A successful strike damages the eye, reducing the ability to see. The opponent takes a -5 penalty to Spot checks.

You could expand it from there. Would that kind of ability be good, or would it be more suited to the Piercing Master ability?

Also, on a nitpicky note, formatting your entry could really help make it easier to read. It was a tad difficult to make out as it is. I don't have the link on hand, but I'm sure someone else could pop it up for me.

Rentaromon
2011-07-21, 09:41 PM
I like the idea of focusing on weapon styles (I've had a similar idea for a while myself), and what you've got I think is pretty good. Speaking on terms of balance, eh, I'm not too good at that, but I like what I see.

As for the piercing abilities, what about something like this?

Pierce Adept: When wielding a weapon that deals only piercing damage, you can perform a special action designed to cripple an opponent. As a full-round action, you can make a single attack that, if successful, has a chance to ruin one of your opponents limbs. The opponent must succeed on a Fortitude save or else receive a gruesome wound to one body part. The body part can be aimed for, but different limbs impose a different penalty on the attack roll.

Arms: Aiming at an Arm (or similar appendage) imposes a -2 penalty on attack rolls. A successful strike tears the limb, causing it to be unable to hold anything in that hand.

Leg: Aiming at a Leg (or similar appendage) imposes a -2 penalty on attack rolls. A successful strike rips the muscles, causing it to be difficult to use. The opponent reduces their movement speed by 10 feet, and gains a -3 penalty to Bull-rush, Charge, and Grapple checks.

Eyes: Aiming at an Eye imposes a -8 penalty on attack rolls. A successful strike damages the eye, reducing the ability to see. The opponent takes a -5 penalty to Spot checks.

You could expand it from there. Would that kind of ability be good, or would it be more suited to the Piercing Master ability?

Also, on a nitpicky note, formatting your entry could really help make it easier to read. It was a tad difficult to make out as it is. I don't have the link on hand, but I'm sure someone else could pop it up for me.

if i knew how to make the level graph thing id make it look more like the real thing. not much i can do about the grammer and spelling however, i cant spell to save my life.

Domriso
2011-07-21, 10:01 PM
Here, this can probably help you:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205677

I know there are other resources, I'm just not sure where.