PDA

View Full Version : D&D campaign

Cole10000
2011-07-21, 07:29 PM
ok this as the name implies is a written journal of a D&D campaign with some of my friends, first ill put some of it down but i dont want to write it all out if noone is actually going to read it. I'm also going to be useing our charcter instead of our real names. and the campaign is set in the forgotten realms.

Link to Forgotten Realms Map
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/wd_maps/FRposterLarge_150.jpg

also currectly our DM is away camping and wont be back for little over a week

that being said i think i should first introduce all of the characters

Name: Lathrian (me)
Race: Human
Gander: Male
Class: Sorcerer
Height: 5'11
Background: a summary of my background (because the full version is long, like long long.) Is that as a child my character was part of an independent order of sorcerers and their associates. when my character was seven the rder was attacked and he fled with a young elf fighter named Branen, at one point we were attacked by assassins, but we managed to kill one and escape, since then we have been wandering together, and recently we heard a rumor that the assassins are in a town called uzbeg so we go there to check it out.

Name: Lethe NPC
Race: Catflok
Class: Ranger
Height: 5'3
Background: Unknown

(Shortly After the Campaign started the person playing Branen had to leave for personal reasons so we later kill him off, sorry for spoilers)
Name: Branen

Race: Elf
Gander:Male
Class: Fighter
Height: 6'2
Background: linked with mine except he was actually a spy in our order and one of the reasons it was destroyed and he was the main reason i survived the attack

Name: Thorane

Class: Rouge
Height: 4'4
Background: as far as i've heard its about how he was part of something like a thieves guild that was killed off by the competition, and currently he is on a mission to return two certain items or a magic bracelet he has on will kill him.

Name:Orion

Class:Monk
Height: 7'2
Background: i've been told he was part of a temple clesly intertwined with the town it was in and was destroyed by unknown forces and orion was spared because he was out helping the farmers of another town, and it is his perosnal quest to recover his mentors lost weapons

Name: Sir Anderson

Class: Paladin
Height: 6'3
Background: ?

Name: Hagard Bronze Beard (guess what race he is)

Race: Dwarf (:smalltongue:)
Class: Barbarian
Height: 3'3
Background: Was inducted into the urgnot clan when his clan was destroyed (details are still being worked out) and is currently on a quest to recover a dwarven artifact

Name: Gimly Thoren (:smallbiggrin:)

Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric
Height: 5'2 (he's a really tall dwarf)
Background: Eldest son of the thoren clan's leader, and currently on a quest he was told to do by his father and is currently the town healer of uzbeg.

Name: Jhon

Race: human
Class Wizard/cleric
Height: 6'4
Background: (player hasn't made one as of yet he's lazy)

(character has not yet joined the story should start when dm gets back from camping)
Name: Ileliana Nailo

Class: druid
Height: 5'4
Background: ?

and that is all the characters, that was not fun to type

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

crappy town, a caravan, and some ******* ants

ok so it starts with Branen and Lathrian arriveing in the town of Nathoud at the edge of the endless waste and the only two story building in town is the inn so they head there

they walk up to the bar and ask for some water and they get two cups of greenish... something, and the barkeep asks for five gold for it, each. needless to say we dont pay to drink the ... something

while Lathrian is sitting the stool actually breaks under him (very bad craftminship) and Lathrian says "Man this place really is the ass end of the world

Shorty after Lathrian's spill they are aroached by a certain grant (or something like that i dont remember his name just that it started with a G so ill just call him G)

He asks if the both of them want to be guards for his caravan as it crosses the endless wastes, naturally they agree.

Thats where Thorane, Jhon, Hagard, and lethe come into the story.

all of whom are also already guards for the caravan as it crosses the endless wastes. G tells them they'll set out first thing tommorow morning so he tells us to familiarise ourselves with the other guards.

Guess the first thing that happens to me is

Go ahead guess

Give up? ok ill tell you

Someone tries to stab me.. oh joy

its from a throwing dagger, i know what your thinking oh its only a throwing dagger its not a big deal

the thing is i at level one, being a sorcerer, and only haveing a 10 con I only have 4 hitpoints so for me it's a big deal.

Luckily my good Friend Branen takes the hit and it drops him like 8 hitpoints from one dagger!

Turns out it was thrown by the hooded figure (lethe) and we all start fighting while trying to get Branen some healing. and im about ready to fire a magic missile in this jerk's face.

Eventually G comes over and asks whats going on and we tell him lethe tried throwing a dagger at me and hit Branen and he procedes to talk Lethe down (good thing too you should see her stats they are un friggin believeable.)

And after a bit more tension we finnaly settle down an go to sleep. so much for getting to know each other.

In the morning we set out across the endless wastes, and nothing actually happens for a few days, but thats when you guessed it something happened.

a few of us succeded in spot checks at one point and we say several large shapes coming at us, being the idiots we are we just stand there.

Bad move

Turns out to be 6 giant ants and they procede to rape us repeatedly, Jhon actually almost lost an arm. the main reason we were having so much trouble is because all of our people who arent supposed to be in a mele fight (namely me the sorcerer, and Jhon the wiz/cleric) were getting our asses handed to us so we couldnt help. and it didnt help we got nothing but terrible rolls and Hagard got double teamed and kept missing so he went down. At one point Branen manages to actually hit one and takes it out in one shot. :smallcool:

Lethe procedes to be a badass, and starts jumping on ants and stabbing them with her dual longswords ( two LONGSWORDS i told you her stats are crazy) and i lucked out when the ant attacking me fumbled and killed itself like a retard when it missed an attack hit one of the caravan carts turned around to try and kill me and killed itself, at that point i started helping.

at that point we finished them off and healed our wounded (there were alot of those) I checked the ants and recovered a red ant gland, which i got bonus xp for doing something sorcerer like

We continue on and nothing else happens but we post watches just to be safe. And we finnaly arrive in the town of Uzbeg:smalltongue:

A Magic Rock, Annoying Gnomes, and an overpowered Boss

So the PCs just arrived in the town of Uzbeg along the edge of the lake of mist.

when we Arrive G goes to take care of all the nitty gritty of setting up the caravan Etc. and we go find an inn since we dont have really anything else to do.

when we woke up we found out that the Caravan had just up and disapeared, people in it and all. We go to the merchant's office and find G arguing with a Woman named Tamriel, after G storms out in anger at not getting any offical help with his missing Caravan problem Tamriel hires us to try and find what happened and rescue the caravan.

She also introduces us to Sir Anderson (Paladin Pc) and tells us he'll also be joining us on our mission.

We bounce ideas on what to check first and we end up going to a tavern but find out nothing so finnaly we end up going to where the caravan disapeared, we start searching and thorane finds a strange stone on the ground and ytells the rest of us.

Seeing as i'm the sorcerer of the group and have identify as one of my spells i take a look at it, succede my spell, and find out that its a stone of teleportation and we guess it's how the caravan disapeared, it was teleported. also i manage to pick up a faint magical trail leading back out into the endless wastes

So we go back to tamriel and tell her what we found, so she sends us to track down where the trail leads and even gives us some mounts.

Before we get there sir Anderson does a detect evil to see if anything, well evil is there.

When he casts it he fails the needed check for whatever and lethe is actually the only thing he senses :smalleek: and we all know what paladins try to do to evil things.

Sir anderson immeaditely takes a swing at lethe but lethe, being the overpowered badass that she is, dodges it but fails to hit Anderson on her counter attack.

After the first round of them trying to kill each other we manage to calm both down, for the time being.

When we get to where the trail leads we find the caravan carts, being cautious of course we check the carts to find neither the goods or the people. but what we do find is an elf feyguide hideing nearby.

So of course we try and get some infornmation out of the guy, for a while he bullcraps us but when lethe pulls down her hood and shows him her cat ears he screams "DEMON!" and procedes to wet his pants.

After that he tells us that he's a theif that helped a group of gnomes to steal the caravan, but for some reason the stone malfunctioned and took the ENTIRE caravan.

He pleads for mercy in exchange for him helping us find the gnomes, he tells us they went into the fey wilds with the goods and people and offers to lead us there.

So we decide to decide later on what to do with him and procede into the fey wild

ok you see our DM loves to screw with us, he said because we took so long to actually find the caravan we went in and were immeaditely caught flat footed by six or so fey panthers and a fey spellcaster

Perfect.

In my opinion we did better this time despite some of us going into negatives a few time (again hagard can't hit a damn thing) and we finnaly managed to kill all of the panthers, seeing this the spellcaster decides its time to run away but we shoot him down before he can get far.

so we procede to loot and i find a focus crystal and a gem worh 25 gp. sweet

now thorane (or more so the person playing him) was an idiot and actually tried to call dibs so i was no screw you we divide the loot after and besides i dont even know what the crystal does.

hearing this Lethe (who was aparently having her time of the month) decides yto run over push me down and grab the gem worth 25gp of course i go what the crap and she snarls at me not to be selfsh and after that i was even more like what the crap but she just walks away.

and then a very tall monk shows up saying his name is orion and that he was sent by Tamriel to help.

Even though i knew orion was one of our players i was still suspicious because like i said our dm likes to screw with us.

and do a detect magic on him to see if he's a few or not.

but im an idiot and forgot the fey wilds are MADE of magic so the dm punishes me for my idiocy by giveing me a massive headace and takes away my bonus to my spellcheck

after that we follow the trail (our only lead) and find an outpost its old and abandoned and falling apart but not terribly, so we check for traps yada yada yada and then we come into a room of four of the same gnome

:smallconfused:

he tells us (alternating the speaking gnome) that only one is the real him and the oother three are hostages

We also notice a magical barrier protecting him and at that point we start getting pelted by arrows from a group of gnomes with bows, great.

thorane decides to book it to the other side of the room to take out the snipers, and while he's running he points out other hallways leading t other places and points them out to the rest of us.

i notice a weakness in the barrier and try to shoot it with a magic missile, but of course i miss.

one one of the gnomes turns he fumbles his role and we hear a cry of pain and he stops shooting :smallconfused:

Now lethe takes out the barrier in it's weak spot with one swing (i think she just wanted to say haha you suck)

She walks up to the group of gnomes and just stabs one, and luckily turns out to be the real one because the others turn back to their normal selves and procede to run out the door (ungratefull jerks)

Thorane after finally reaching the snipers finds one dead with an arrow in his foot :smalltongue: aparently the idiot didnt know how to aim up and shot himself in the foot.

the other gnome finally notices thorane and takes a shot at him but misses then thorane just stabs him with his shortsword.

ok so orion goes to check out the other hallways and finds hostages that are immobolised and can't talk (magically of course)

all of a sudden the building shakes, orion fails a reflex check and gets knocked out.

None of the rest of us hear this however but thorane was already heading after orion and finds him being surrounded by the hostages with big mining axes, they appeared to be hypnotised.

so thorane tries to defend orion, but long story short there were two more gnomes hiding and we kill them and the hostages are freed yay. (jerks kept going invisible)

We celebrate for a bit then go out side following the caravaners (ex-hostages) and the fey guide that went souting for another crossroads to get us out of here comes back and says a group is coming this way,so we decide to beat feet out of there. we also found some fancy eldritch carriges out back and decided to take them (why not)

we make it to the crossroads and the fey guide says it'll take a few minutes to get it open.

now the overpowered boss i mentioned in the title, yeah this is where he shows up.

He was a fey court person tied to the winter court (he had ice powers) Jhon rolls a knowldge check and says that members of the winter court really dont like mortals and often take them as slaves when the find them (the gnomes were probobly going to sell off the caravaners as slaves)

So he his two hounds, a slaver, and three magical flying swords procede to kick our asses.

While the swords onyl had 1 hitpoint whenever they hit they automatically did ten points of damage so they pissed me off (especially because even after my level up i only had eight hitpoints)

and even the overpowered lethe got her but handed to her by the overpowered boss

and another thing i want to mention is that the boss guy failed a spell and afterwords the DM decided to tell us that spell he tried to cast was DEATH WORD the spell that automatically kills you.

after about three of us went down (i wasnt one yay, i never even took a hit :smallbiggrin:) the fey guide finally opened the portal and we decide to run while we still had all of our limbs

we get out of the fey wilds and the boss and his guys decide not to follow us (the only things we killed were the floating swords who had one damn hitpoint) we tend to the woounded etc. and we head back to uzbeg.

When we get there G is so happy to get his stuff back as well as bran spankin new eldritch carriges he gives all of us (who were present) a reward.

ok i got an amulet that increased my spellcheck YAY i couldnt cast a damn thing back in the fey because of my damn headace.

Thorane got a sword of the wings that does an additional 1d4 electricity damage

Orion got a bracelet that increased his unarmed hit die

and lethe got something too i cant remember what.

and i actually think thats everyone that was there no wonder we were getting ou asses kicked

and that was our second mission yay near death experiences

My Dad is a Jerk-Part-1

ok i forgot on one thing from the last section and thats what we decided to do with the fey guide.

well seeing as it was a farily major decision we called a group vote on it before heading back to uzbeg

we were fairly split, some of us wanted to let him go, others kill him and be done with it, or take him into custody.

personally didnt have anything against the guy and if you think about it he was the only reason we survived the last encounter because he opened the gate that we ran through

but

i also remembered we ARE on a job for the local authority and i didnt want to risk her finding out and comming down on our asses about it so i decided to just take him back into custody,

another but

the let him go movement won by one vote, so we just set him loose and he gave us the locations where he stashed away all of his stuff. stolen stuff mind you but whatever.

so returning to where we had left off with us getting our payment and some useful magicall items so i was feeling pretty good just got my cool new amulet.

While that was going on, you know me checking out my new bling and such, G pulled lethe over to a corner to tell us something, torane was the only one who passed the listen check but decided not to tell us (in character but we still know out of character)

the gist of it is that G tells lethe that "they" are in nathoud and that she knows what is going to happen there and that she might feel it's her fault so that she might want to go save the town.

after that try to guess the thing that happens next

personally i think it should be pretty obvious

i mean i cut away like this whenever a certain thing is about to happen

yep that's right

Lethe tries to kill me... joy :smallannoyed:

while im checing out my amulet and identifying the focus crystal, which if your curious i cant tell even with a succesfull cast, weird, but nevermind.

what was i saying again, oh yeah lethe trying to kill me.

So lethe just springs out of nowhere with her dual longswords and knocks me out in one swing (me with my awsome eight hitpoints and 11 AC) then goes to try to chop my head off, the funny thing is that (no i dont die) all of the people in the group who had a decent strength in the group besides Sir Anderson his player wasnt here that day, failed to hold her down and you know stop her until G like a badass gets a natural 20 plus 5 on his strength check then a 19 plus 4 on calming her down. G is freaking awsome i cant believe i forgot his name.

from there Tamriel comes in and tells us about how the town of Nathoud who they usally communicate through wizards hasnt responed to messages in a while and she wants us to see whats up

5 gp on that it's "them"

so we ask for horses what she knows yadayadayada we dont find out anything usefull

so me having gotten healed of course try and feed my curiosity on the focus crystal i couldnt identify (i tried like 3 times) so i take it to the town wizard and even he cant find anything out.

so i spend the rest of the day trying to figure out what it does through experiments and nothing happens untill i try putting it in a glass of water and it turns the water black :smalleek: what the crap

so i go outside find an anthill and dump the black water on it (because it doesnt look healthy, and the DM told me afterwords if i had drank it i would of died) andand it kills the anthill and surrounding ground, so i immeaditely go back to the wizard and tell him what i found and he actually makes some runes appear on it.

i also try and put the crystal in a glass of water to show him but it doesnt do anything :smallconfused: whatever but he does tell me it might be best to just get rid of it but i keep it anyway because well im curioous and some poisining water may be usefull at some point.

after that we all just go to bed.

In the middle of the night i think it was like four in the morning my dad shows up.

you know the title for this section, yeah that guy but aparently he's Lord Beznoth

i dont realise it at first and say who are you and whatnot and he just chuckles and says you dont even recognise your own father? so i gasp when i do recognise him of course i try and get some infornmation out of him seeing i thought he was dead for 15 years

all he tells me is that some of the order survived and they reformed it to some degree and he tells me to capture lethe and bring her to the sewers of Nathoud and i will be part of the order again and at that point he knocks me out with a sleep spell.

but the DM has me froll a memory check and he tells me i remember an image of lethe in cage when she was four screaming for help, except she still apeared human :smallconfused:

so i wake up confused as you might expect and the first thing i do (which was moderately stupid) is ask lethe if she was ever human and at that she knocks me out (again :smallannoyed:) and runs out the door and Orion and Hagard run out after her.

so i get healed and while the rest of us wait at the inn orion and Hagard find lethe colapsed in an ally completely unharmed but still they cant wake her so they bring her back to the inn

seeing them coming carrying lethe we all go to meet them in front of the inn.

they tell us how they found her and how they can't wake her and while they do this a crowd starts to form around us because she is well passed out.

but me recovering from my earlier idiocy tell them its allright she just drank a little too much and pass my charisma roll (even though i dont have a bluff check i still have an 18 charisma)

so from there we take her to Tamriel and tell her how we found her colapsed (not why she ran out of the inn) and we ask where the town healer is she tells us she'll have some guards escort us there and i volunteer with orion to go with her because its kinda my fault (even though she already kicked my ass for it :smallannoyed:) and while the guards are picking her up he rcloak falls off (exposing her cat ears which aren't exactly normal) thinking fast i use my light spell to try and blind the guards and succede and put her cloak back on but them fail my roll on convinceing them to ignore why i did it.

so tamriel orders the guards to take her cloak off and they freak out screaming demon and dropping her and after a bit of explaining and convinceing we manage to get them to help her anyway

so we go to the town healer and he turns out to be Gimly:smalltongue: who is a five foot tall dwarf so he naturally asks us what happened and who she is

i tell him mainly that she's a a sosciopath that has tried to kill me on several ocassions and add dont ask me why i want to help her.

so he just raises an eyebrow and goes to inspect her.

he notices scars from what looks like expoerimentation as well as torture and while he's doing htis she starts to wake up halfway through and immeaditely tries to attack gimly (she still has her weapons we probobly should have taken those) hearing this from the other room i have the bright idea to cast mage armor to protect myself

and guess what happens

i fumble

and in doing so i manage to disentigrate all of my clothes (good i didnt lose anything important, well besides my dignity) so im standing buck naked with a woman who has tried to kill me on several occasions in the other room and my mage armor didnt even cast...

... :smalleek: im screwed

so gimly casts sanctuary to protect himself (he's a cleric doncha know)

and they come into the outer room and see me standing in all my naked gory, thankfully lethe decides to not try and kill me immeaditely.

but to make matters worse Tamriel (who is a chick mind you) and the rest of the party walks in Tamriel takes a look at me and just says whatever and that she came to tell us gimly will be joining us on our trip

ever since i lost my clothes i've been screaming for someone to get me some and finally a guard birngs me some commoner clothes and i put them on

Well gimly seeing as he's gonna join us asks us all to introduce ourselves and we all say in our own way who we are

i introduce myself as Lathrian the Wandering Sorcerer at your service and whisper under my breath (mand my last name is apparently Beznoth too)

and from there we set out on our way to Nathoud the ass end of the world

and thats where im gonna end it, i planned it on being just two parts but it looks like it's gonna be three since this turned out to take so long. but at least it flushed out the backstory a bit and added some mystery

My Dad is a jerk Part-2

i lest left of when we had set out from uzbeg back to nathoud across the endless wastes. for most of the trip there it was pretty uneventfull untill a few days in and we were almost there lethe spotted a massive storm. so we had pretty much two options either head into the nearby hills or face the brunt of the storm head on. seeing as the storm looked pretty bad we decided to just head into the hills and we continue traveling until dark when we set up camp.

so we pick watches and guess what during MY watch something just HAS to happen. man i hate bugs i really do.

i was even being a cautious as possible too i had my light spell my unseen servant and my familiar weasel riseye watching for anything so i basically had three improved rolls and i still get wacked upside the head.

aparently fourteen foot tall giant spiders are ninjas too because the managed to sneak up on me pretty good.

all together there were five of them with one hanging back to wrap my uncounscious body up in a cocoon while the other went to attack the rest of the group while they're still groggy.

pretty much is in their own personal brawl with the others who werent directly engaged helping.

now the dm informed me that the cocoon was air tight and i only had five or so rounds of air and even after i has healed out of negatives i couldnt cast any spells because i was too constricted.

so was thinking i was pretty much screwed until orion, like a badass, runs over the the cocoon right past a spider and scores a natural 20 on a strength check and just rips the cocoon to shreds and im free. and the spider seeing this just sits ther dumbfounded and doesnt even use it's attack of opportunity.

so im back in the fight and everyone is in their own personal brawls like i said. so i get up start shooting some magic missiles but i wasnt really haveing much impast these spiders had a decent amount of hitpoints each.

so eventually hagard goes to attack a spider and guess what he fumbles, it was kinda a win lose situation for him. when he swung hus axe it hit the spider right in the head crushing it's skull but also getting his axe stuck so he was now weaponless.

seeing this i cast my unseen servant again to try and help because he has a spider literaly on his ass and it takes a bite out of it, so hagard is still concious but literally bleeding out his ass.

my unseen servant gets there and tries twice at getting the axe free before he finally does and gives it to hagard.

and at that point i thought we were doing ok until one of the spiders aiming at Jhon's arm and crits ripping his arm off and eating it in one gulp of course that immeaditely knocks him out and now we lost our wizard/cleric who was loseing 2 points per round. we quickly heal him but he's still bleeding out so i get the idea to have my unseen servant pick up a flaming brand from the fire and use it for some improvised first aid to seal off the wound, while it does deal three point of damage it does stop the bleeding.

so then i just have my servant cause he's standing there with nothing else to do throw the flaming brand at the nearest spider to distract it (by the spider not at it, because the unseen servant cannot be ordered to inflict harm)

he throws it and on a hundred die roll hits the spider for a good deal of fire damage.

at that point we killed a few more, hagard finally passes out from his ass wound (he'd been rolling fortitude checks) and we were down to two spiders. i have my familiar take a running jump at the spider and climb up it to bite it's back. needless to say this annoys the spider who uses it's turn to try and shake him off. but Riseye my little buddy hangs on for dear life and gives our party like five attacks of opportunity on it and we finish it off.

my weasle jumps on the last one and lethe jumps on it shortly afterword and after a bit of stabbing and biteing leteh realises riseye is there and (being a catfolk) goes hmmm lunch and tries to EAT MY WEASEL :smallfurious: he escapes and i immeaditely call him back and we mop up the last spider at which point they just disentigrate, we roll knowledge checks and we realise they must have been summoned that makes me put two and two together and i do a detect magic on the storm behind us and find out it's magic too. aparently some powerfull magic user (dad) is out for blood.

so we keep moving through hills after patching each other up and we arrive at the outskirts of Nathoud. It's midday and we roll some spot checks but no matter what we do we cant see anyone in the town.

so we cautiously head in putting our horses in the stable and as we do so a fog rolls in and hampers our vision but that seems to be the only thing it's doing. so we head into the inn and guess what we find, thats right zombies.

now the one zombie of the innkeeper you know the one that tried to sell me the green crap for five gold, yeah i enjoyed shooting a magic missile in his face.

i have magic weapon as one of my spells and i cast it on the figters so they can hit the zombies.

now from this point on it's just alot of going into building and killing zombies it so ill just list what we found. in the inn we didnt find much and when we tried to head upstairs (like idiots) we set off a trap that destroys the inn's stairs to the seccond floor so we just head on.

seeing as we'd been here before the dm let us have a map of the town.

we head through the building kill some zombies and find a ring of water walking in the magic shop, a good deal of gold coins, ten gure minor wounds potions ina general store. and a quiver of arrows for lethe.

put there are a few things i want to detail, the most prominent one about how we, kinda, blew up a building.

it was the weapon shop and there was a zombie in there so i take a pot shot at it and knock over a candle oops. so now the whole shops on fire, no biggie right we have two clerics who has create water so they'll just douse the fire right? wrong.

now one of them fumbles their roll and they create this sphere of water in the middle of the room and we all get the heck out of there because about five second later it makes the whole shop explode.

good news bad news time.

good news the fire's out :smallsmile:

bad news now the shop is falling on us :smallfrown:

most of us get hit with something or other so now we're all at generaly half hp and now a group of four zombies shows up seeing as we're disorignsed and some of us are unconcious i suggest we retreat back the inn so we can heal up.

when we go to run Jhon gets bitten, the damage itself isnt the problem but the wound looks like its infected.

we beat a retreat back to the inn and try to hold down the door while the healer patch us up.

Jhon just poors some holy water on his wound and it clears it up.

now only problem the zombies.

hagard is at the door and im a few feet behind him.

haragd tries to push a table in front of the door but fails his strength check and gets thrown back and dazed for a few rounds.

seeing this i run back behind the counter for some protection.

while we were scouring the first section of the town we encountered groups larger than this but for some reason we were getting our asses handed to us, but in the end we survive and at that point we decide to hole up for the night.

we look for anyhting useable in the wreckage but only find brocken blades. so we use a door as a makeshift staircase and hole up upstairs and set traps with the debris to keep out the zombies.

during jhon's watch he hears noises and it sounds like it's coming from far more zombies than we faced all day.so he pulls up the door so the zombies dont have a way up.

nothing happens though and we sleep through the night.

in one building Hagard forgets i didnt cast magic weapon on his axe and he breaks it in a zombies skull and the blade shatters, it was alreadt fractured from getting stucked in the spiders head earlier.

the next day we follow lethe when she heads off to a random building shoot a zombie then takes a bracelet off the body without a word and walks off, by this point we're all used to her odd behavior so we pretty much ignore it.

heading on we find a unusualhouse it looks to be freshly painted and in much better condition than the others in town.

we decide to leave that for last, and i notice on the map something labled statue so i suggest we head there. and it turns out to be a statue of an orc with severed flech and strange runes written in blood. Jhon casts comprehend languages and it says "goy away demons" we guess it was the townfolks attempt to get rid of the zombies.

so we head back to the house check for traps yada yada yada we get inside and find a few zombies playing dead ttrying to lure us into traps but we clean em up easily and check the house and find a hidden safe that contains a scroll of animate rope, wand of slow, and some gold coins.

from there we move onto the next section of town check a few houses, which were reallt just huts most of them didnt have doors even. so we just decide to check the mayor's office and kill some zombies and find a good deal of gold coins in a safe.

from there we see no real reson to check every inch of the town because the mist is getting thicker and making it harder to breath. from the we head to the sewers (which is where my father asked me to take lethe to)

so we do a bit of dungeon crawling with a good deal of us almost drowning. in deep pools of water (sewer water) fight some skeletons of verying strength, set of some traps, one of which had the floor disapear out from under us and had the water suck us down.

we all make ti through the traps in one piece but then we come into a room with a pair of orcs in it the room had several interesting items and a good deal of gold (evidently this is where the fey guide stashed his loot) and i was curious as to why there were these creatures in the place i was told i would meet up with my father i asked if either of them knew the name beznoth and at that one of them screams "you dare use lord beznoth's name DIE" and go into a blood rage to kill us.

we kill one, injure the second i suggest we take him alive, and at that he drinks a potion and colapses, dead. so we loot the place and come up with a good deal of gold with some interesting items

we found a few personal quest related items.

like the dwarven artifact hagard wanted, it was an acient enchanted urgnaugt axe.

we find the orb and bracelet that thorane needs

the orb was evidently very powerfull but only in the hands of the leader of a order of paladins.

as well as some usefull magical items like a staff of fire which we give to jhon a longbow of lightning that we give to lethe and becauseshe doesnt need it anymore she gives thorane her old longbow and some arrows.

so we check the next room and we find a pair of dark elf males :smalleek:

at that we start going oh ****, but we quickly calm down iand i just say its fine just focus on one if we all hit it at once it doesnt matter how tough it is it'll go down.

so we manage to kill the first and at that the other disapears, for awhile we think he just went invisible but we cant find him and a knowledge religion from Gimly revals dark elves can teleport away if things look bad. we find a note on the dead one saying how that fro now they're working for one lord beznoth.

we go then go to the main chamber, i call it that because it's the room we find my dad in.

we have a good deal of lines for him and i didnt memorise them but he tells us something along the lines of this

"very good my son you brought lethe here good now help me capture her and you will once again be a part of the order"

so i ask why he's doing this and why he's associateing with dark elves and orcs and even practiceing necromancy.

he says "you know nothing boy, a war is coming, now help me capture lethe or you become an enemy"

at that i just refuse, there couldnt be a good reason for working with dark elves and orcs, even destroying an entire town just to achieve your goals.

at that point he just scowls and casts a fireball at each of us, and while most dont hit those that do deal a good amount of damage.

and after that he turns into a freaking WEREWOLF and charges at us, and at that a few of us run scared for a round or two before turning back to fight and we actually start kicking ass i mean he had around fivehundred hitpoints and was casting firballs still, but the fighters were criting and lethe was getting a favored enemy bonus against canines and we finally bring him down after a few close calls.

one of the main reasons we actually won was because he was using most of his rounds trying to grab lethe to run off with her but she was too fast for him and we deall alot of damage to him, and thanks to his new axe Hagard was kicking alot of ass now that he could actually hit 3/4 times

so we bring him down and lethe gives a shout of victory, and when i go over to give my respects (while he was an ass he was still my character's father) the focus crystal i have the one that turned water to poison etc. well it turns my father into a LICH a nd maybe even a lich KING becase we saw him wearing a crown. and right after he transforms he immeaditely disapears. needless to say we were kind of shocked.

so we head back to the surface and that's where im gonna end it for now.

Things take a turn for the awsome

one thing i think i forgot to metion was that we found a wand of regeneration in the fey-guide's loot and use it to restore jhons arm.

so we get back to the surface and here's where we kill off branen, aparently he got bitten by a zombie at some point so he turned into one and we had to kill him.

also when we get to the surface we find the fog clearing and zombies that we hadn't killed littering the ground. guessing they all died when we defeated my father we decide to just get our horses and leave.

just one problem.

aparently the orses became corupted or whatnot they looked pissed off and had glowing red eyes so we decided to just leave them there and go back to uzbeg on foot.

so we start walking back and a few days into our travel we make camp one night and guess who's watch it was on that something happened

yeah that's right me.

when i had leveled up before i decided to take alarm as one of my spells because of how often my character gets surprised by crap.

so something trips my spell and i yell out to everyone that something is here and i immeaditely get bumm rushed by a queen giant fire ant who pins me to the ground.

the other three soldier ants procede to attack my buddies while they're still groggy. we would've took them out without too much trouble except they were getting stupidly good roles and we were getting crap roles.

hagard gets his chest crushed and gets internal organ damage, orion gets one of his legs ripped off

and meanwhile im getting roasted alive by the queen and im at one hitpoint by the time anyone decides to help me out.

after that point we take care of them and get all of us who can healed up.

we decide to save the last use of our wand instead of healing orion because gimly says he has one with one use left back in uzbeg.

so we get just to the outskirts of uzbeg when all of a sudden we see a huge black panther which lethe makes into her animal companion, odd considering black panthers dont live in that area.

so we get back claim our reward, yada yada yada. and we ask tamriel for some more mounts. when she asks why we tell her how Thorane needs to get to whitehorn and we need to find a healer for hagard, gimly believes that there is one in peltarch.

at this tamriel sighs and tells us to follow her and she leads us to a tower where we find some griffins.

aww yeah

she tells us we can borrow them for awhile and when we get where we needed to go they'll return by themselves.

so yay we got the transportation needed to save both hagard and thorane.

seeing as peltarch is closer we head there first, and let me tell you that place sucks. not the nathoud kind of sucking the people there are just jerks.

so we arrive and we land in the king's castle where we're escorted to the king whos a big blob of fat and lazy. the first thing he tells us is that he demands 1,000 gold per day for parking our griffins there and out of character we all go what the hell they're not even ours.

so we try to negotiate for a little while util gimly goes and says he is the eldest son of the thoren clan's leader. at that the king has us imprisoned for a few days until he finds out if this is true or not.

while we're there i tell the group one of my character's many stories.

it was about the time he first arrived in the silver marches and while he was traveling along one of the main roads he and branen ran into a very large group of orcs so they decide to go off the road and end up getting lost in a forest where there are even more orcs.

after barely avoiding running into the orcs and getting out of the forest we see a structure off in the distance. seeing it we decide to head towards it and get captured by a patrol of dwarves.

they take us to the holding cells because they don't have itme to deal with us with the impending orc horde attack.

at one point the dwarves all ran off shouting something about an attack so we took the chance to leave. we get out of the cells reclaim our stuff and after awhile finally manage to work our way through the passages.

there we find an injured dwarf surrounded by three orcs with half a dozen dwarven corpeses and around thirty dead orcs.

we help the injured dwarf by killing one of the orcs with a surprise attack and the other two run off after that. the dwarf expresses his gratitude and says he is one of the dwarven king's sons and helps them ou of the caves before returning to the fight.

i just used the chance to flush out my character's backstory a bit.

so we get realeased and at this point hagard is unconcious from his injuries.

we go to the throne room and find a dwarf there who is aparently gimly's brother loki and loki tells him their father has summoned him back to the citadel, a orc horde is prepareing to attack.

gimly tells him they first need to get hagard healed and thorane his bracelet removed. when loki notices the symbol on hagard's axe he gets very angry and asks why gimly is traveling with an urgnaught. gimly manages to calm him down and loki even pays for the parking fines as well as healing expenses, all together it came out to be 6,000 gold damn extorsionists they even charged us for the time they had us imprisoned

so we go and fly to whitehorn and get thorane's bracelet off but find the town is occupied by orcs we decide not to attack the orcs because we weren't sure how many of them there were and the town would probobly get repercussions if we did.

so we just fly to the thoren citadel and work our way through the caves which are guarded by minotaurs that attack anyone who isn't a member of the thoren clan or anyone who isnt with a member of the thoren clan.

so we arrive and find that gimly father is dead and his youngest brother Thargen has claimed the throne saying it was his father's dieing wish.

and thats where im gonna end it for now.

Xavrias
2011-07-22, 12:57 AM
I'd love to here more sounds pretty interesting,also sounds like a lot of pcs. My current D&D campaign has quite a few as well and combat can get boring. Lol anyway keep typing!

Cole10000
2011-07-22, 01:13 PM
ok thanks im glad at least somebody is interested so now i have some motivation to type out the rest

when i type the rest itll be editing the original post so its orginised.

oh ill also put in a link at the top of the original post that gives a link to the map of the world the campaign is in so you can see it for reference. currently the pc's are in the top right corner of the map you cant miss it it has Endless Waste right there.

vampire2948
2011-07-22, 05:16 PM
ok thanks im glad at least somebody is interested so now i have some motivation to type out the rest

I'm reading too. Will be interesting to hear about a campaign set in Forgotten Realms, as I've not run anything / played anything in it.

I'm sure there're others reading quietly.

Cole10000
2011-07-22, 09:39 PM
Ok i finished the next section tell me what ya think

LansXero
2011-07-23, 12:53 AM
Starting to read now, but wanted to ask a question: How do you find it playing with so many people? Is it hard?

Xavrias
2011-07-23, 01:21 AM
Sounds interesting lol. Maybe you should ask the dm to tone it down just a tad. But yeah, keep writing.

Cole10000
2011-07-23, 11:30 AM
How do you find it playing with so many people? Is it hard?

well when everyone is actually there it isn't as hard as you think because we all know each other and we joke around so it keeps the mood fairly light, but half the time we're missing two to three people so when that happens it isnt as much fun because the difficulty had been set for like eight people and we cant do it with only five so we have to play two characters at once which is annoying

and with the Dm toning it down a bit Xavrias he actually has quite a bit, even he agreed that was too much for a level 2 quest, he actually found it off the internet so he'd have more time to work on the plot, but seeing as how unballanced it turned out he isn't going to do that again.

Xavrias
2011-07-23, 05:21 PM
and with the Dm toning it down a bit Xavrias he actually has quite a bit, even he agreed that was too much for a level 2 quest, he actually found it off the internet so he'd have more time to work on the plot, but seeing as how unballanced it turned out he isn't going to do that again.

Lol,yeah,just a little Op ;) The internet isn't always as useful as it seems.

Cole10000
2011-07-24, 08:09 PM
ok got the next part done

Cole10000
2011-07-27, 05:43 PM
next part done, i finished my dads a jerk section so tell me what you think

Cole10000
2011-08-06, 10:06 PM
im sorry i havent been posting for awhile i just got back from a trip a few days ago and we had our new session last thursday so ill try and catch up and get that down by tommorow

Cole10000
2011-08-07, 12:26 PM
finished the next section, tell me your thoughts if any.

Acanous
2011-09-15, 09:23 PM
you need to fill in the part with the raptors :p

Safety Sword
2011-09-15, 09:26 PM
you need to fill in the part with the raptors :p

And the bit where the DM cracks it and blows the game up. :smallwink: