PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Synapse Tournament: Brought to you by the steam thread

Scuzzball
2011-07-21, 07:51 PM
Frozen Synapse Tournament:
This started in the steam thread, but we decided to give it it's own thread.

Last chance to sign up, put your name, Frozen Synapse name, and a link to your steam profile here (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CKPkw74L&hl=en_US&key=t_yVsN8Cps6HaHuIZRCpgUg&rm=full&authkey=CKPkw74L#gid=0).

Rules:
{table]Best 2 out of 3 wins.
The match type will be decided by the people playing the match, if there is a disagreement, it defaults to Dark Elimination.
Be on server UK1, so we can check the match history in case of dispute.
[/table]

Link to stuff that I forgot!
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CKPkw74L&hl=en_US&key=t_yVsN8Cps6HaHuIZRCpgUg&rm=full&authkey=CKPkw74L#gid=0

Imposter
2011-07-21, 08:00 PM
I'd like to just start matches now, since it's been a long time since this idea came up and I'm an impatient person. How about Saturday as the deadline for the first match, with individual games scheduled by the people playing?

Jahkaivah
2011-07-21, 08:31 PM
I'm already playing in another Frozen Synapse tournement, but I had signed up to this one beforehand so I'll take part.

A few suggestions:

-Maybe most wins out of three matches as opposed to best score out of two? It would be easier not to have to look into the games scoring system to determine whether our win in one game will beat the other's guys win in another. And rather stick to the straight foward "a win's a win" mentality for each game.

-A bit of caution towards deadlines, if the other tourney any indication some of us are bound to be busy at times so expect them to not be met and a bit of leeway is needed.

RPharazon
2011-07-21, 08:52 PM
Awesome. I'm paired against Valaqil. I can't wait to terribly and utterly lose at everything.

Scuzzball
2011-07-21, 08:52 PM
I'm already playing in another Frozen Synapse tournement, but I had signed up to this one beforehand so I'll take part.

A few suggestions:

-Maybe most wins out of three matches as opposed to best score out of two? It would be easier not to have to look into the games scoring system to determine whether our win in one game will beat the other's guys win in another. And rather stick to the straight foward "a win's a win" mentality for each game.

-A bit of caution towards deadlines, if the other tourney any indication some of us are bound to be busy at times so expect them to not be met and a bit of leeway is needed.
Yeah, I was going to go with best 2 out of three, but then Imposter suggested the other way when I was too tired to think. Changed now.

dj_bushido
2011-07-21, 08:54 PM
I agree with giving a bit of leeway, but let's seriously keep it within a specific limit - say that you have to have your matches done within a week? My favorite part of Frozen Synapse is that you don't have to do everything right then and there.

Imposter
2011-07-21, 09:34 PM
Yeah, I was going to go with best 2 out of three, but then Imposter suggested the other way when I was too tired to think. Changed now.

Hey, no using the source of my dumb suggestions to escape blame for agreeing with them.

Valaqil
2011-07-22, 10:00 AM
Awesome. I'm paired against Valaqil. I can't wait to terribly and utterly lose at everything.

This actually should be hilarious. I'm okay at it, but I've played exactly one versus match (Scuzz?) and that was a month ago. RPharazon, I challenge you to a duel!

Badgerish
2011-07-22, 02:00 PM
My vatforms advance on Watsyurname529's slaves' position.

I hope that is the right person. Would be so embarrassing to be shooting the wrong person's property.

RPharazon
2011-07-23, 10:43 PM
I have challenged Valaqil to manly vatform combat.
Of course, he immediately hid and is now shivering in abject terror.

PROOF.

<RPharazon> I challenged you
<RPharazon> HAVE AT THEE
<Valaqil> NOES!

watsyurname529
2011-07-24, 12:10 AM
My vatforms advance on Watsyurname529's slaves' position.

I hope that is the right person. Would be so embarrassing to be shooting the wrong person's property.

Yup. Forgive me if I am a little late responding in killing all of your troops completing this gentlemanly challenge because I'm just finishing up a summer college course, and my final is this Wednesday.

RPharazon
2011-07-31, 10:54 PM
I beat Valaqil after two games. 152893, and 164724.
164724 was interesting in that, had Valaqil ran away like a coward during the last turn, I would have lost nobody, and he would have died. Instead, he stayed in the room and managed to off one of my guys.

Next!

watsyurname529
2011-08-01, 07:48 PM
My orders have finally been sent and let the killing commence.

Zen Master
2011-08-02, 02:40 AM
So um .... how to enter?

Tzekan
2011-08-03, 08:54 AM
I'd be happy to enter this tourney, if it's made clear how to do so.

The week deadline idea sounds good, this should be fun

watsyurname529
2011-08-05, 08:33 PM
Argh. Lost my first two straight in a row.

I really didn't expect to lose that fast in the second match, but apparently I was at just the slightest disadvantage to get shot.

Scuzzball
2011-08-05, 10:25 PM
Sorry for confusion to enter. Link is now in first post, and now here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CKPkw74L&hl=en_US&key=t_yVsN8Cps6HaHuIZRCpgUg&rm=full&authkey=CKPkw74L#gid=0

Jibbers I need to shoot at you! Sorry for delay for camping.

Badgerish
2011-08-06, 04:23 AM
The Tactical Badger is victorious (for now)

Matches:
149076 - both of us played a bit defensive, until all hell broke loose.
180114 - a small yet open arena, only 6 vatforms, knew this would be short and painful (like a badger), but 6.25sec was notably brutal.

Wats: it was close with our shotgun duel in the second match, but my vatform had cover from the corner, that seemed to seal it.

watsyurname529
2011-08-06, 09:52 AM
The Tactical Badger is victorious (for now)

Matches:
149076 - both of us played a bit defensive, until all hell broke loose.
180114 - a small yet open arena, only 6 vatforms, knew this would be short and painful (like a badger), but 6.25sec was notably brutal.

Wats: it was close with our shotgun duel in the second match, but my vatform had cover from the corner, that seemed to seal it.

Yeah, both my shotgun and gunner had just slightly bad angles on the corners which gave the advantage to you.