PDA

View Full Version : Buffing Natural Attacks (Druid Spells)

Elric VIII
2011-07-21, 08:56 PM
Specifically, I'm looking for spells and/or items that can improve the natural attacks of a Shifter Druid with Longtooth and Razorclaw.

I have looked over the PHB and SpC for spells that enhance natural attacks and I have found:
Magic Fang, Greater, Superior
Align Fang
Jagged Tooth
Tiger's Tooth

What else is there?

I also know the Necklace of Natural Attacks is a staple. However, I am somewhat confused about the description.

The enhancement bonus on this necklace is applied to attack and damage rolls involving one or more of the wearer's natural weapons. In addition, any weapon special quality applied to this necklace also applies to those natural weapons. For instance, a +1 throwing returning necklace of natural weapons would apply its enhancement bonus as well as the throwing and returning special abilities to one or more of the wearer's natural weapons.

Does "one or more of the wearer's natural weapons" refer to different types of weapons or multiples of one type (does it enhance all of my weapons or can it enhance either both claws or my bite)?

Does it have to be enhanced separately for each weapon or does one set of enhancement count for all weapons?

Darrin
2011-07-22, 07:37 AM
What else is there?

Mmm... needs more venomfire.

How about:

Blade Bane (UnEast, Pal 2, Cle 3, Sor/Wiz 4). Must be slashing weapon, gains Bane property 1 round/CL.
Blade of blood (PHBII, everybody except druid 1). +1d6 damage, or sac 5 HP for +3d6 damage.
Blades of fire (SpC, Rgr/Sor/Wiz 1). Swift action, 1d8 fire damage on all melee attacks.
Bloodwind (SpC, Cle/Sor/Wiz 1). Tear off your opponent's face from the comfort of your barcolounger.
Burning sword (SpC, Sor/Wiz 2). Flaming burst weapon, 1 minute/CL.
Corrosive grasp (SpC, Sor/Wiz 1). 1d8 acid frosting on your natural weapon cupcakes.
Energy surge, lesser (PHBII, Sor/Wiz 2). Swift action, +1d6 a la carte energy damage.
Ferocity of sanguine rage (DragMag, Sor/Wiz 3). +1 damage/2 CL.
Sharptooth (SpC, Sor/Wiz 4). Natural weapon size increase.
Sonic weapon (SpC, Brd/Sor/Wiz 2). 1d6 sonic damage, 1 minute/CL.

Or, if you're looking for something your druid can actually cast:

Frost weapon (Frostburn, Cle/Dru/Sor/Wiz 2). 1d6 cold damage, but duration stinks, 1 round/CL.
Instant of power (Forge of War, Brd/Dru/Rgr 1). Immediate action, +4 enhancement bonus on your next attack, save, or damage roll.
Silvered claws (BoED, Dru/Rgr 1). Does exactly what you think it does.

Items:

Bracers of Lightning (11000 GP, MIC p. 206). Swift action, all your attacks (melee and ranged) gain the shock property for 1 round.

Fanged Ring (10000 GP, Dragon Magic p. 101). IUS + INA, 1 Con damage on crit. Pairs up nicely with Ring of the Viper (8000 GP, Serpent Kingdoms p. 153): +1 damage, poison Fort save DC 11 for 1d6 Con primary/secondary.

Does "one or more of the wearer's natural weapons" refer to different types of weapons or multiples of one type (does it enhance all of my weapons or can it enhance either both claws or my bite)?

The Necklace doesn't say which natural weapon it applies to, so you can either pick one natural weapon when you put the necklace on or specify which one it applies to when the necklace is created.

Does it have to be enhanced separately for each weapon or does one set of enhancement count for all weapons?

Each enhancement is purchased once. You then multiply that cost by the number of natural weapons you want to apply it to. For example, adding +1 enhancement bonus, corrosive, and caustic surge would cost 10600 GP for one weapon: 8000 (+2 enhancement) + 2000 (caustic surge) + 600 GP. If you want to apply that to claw/claw/bite, that's 10600 x 3 = 31800 GP.

WinWin
2011-07-22, 09:52 AM
Aspect of the Werebeast. Druid 4 races of eberron.

Babau Slime. SpC
Lions Charge. SpC
Quillfire. SpC
Plant Body. SpC (+spikes and brambles)
Poison Thorns. SpC

Elric VIII
2011-07-22, 02:40 PM
Thank you, Can Ring of the Viper qualify me for Venomfire?

WinWin
2011-07-22, 02:44 PM
Venomfire requires that the subject naturally produces poison.

Elric VIII
2011-07-22, 02:48 PM

That's a shame.

Do the thorns from Poison Thorns count as naturally poisonous?

ShriekingDrake
2011-07-22, 02:49 PM

Not hard for a druid with Wild Shape and Natural Spell.

Elric VIII
2011-07-22, 03:49 PM
Not hard for a druid with Wild Shape and Natural Spell.

Well, my problem is that I'm using a variant of Wildshape that enhances Shifting. So yes, it's easy for a normal druid to do. The reason I made this thread is that it's not that easy to get via spells.