PDA

View Full Version : Low Magic world building help

urbanwolf
2011-07-22, 05:42 PM
I want to to a low magic adventure
I think I want to ban Cleric, Wizard, Beguiler and sorcerer
take away Druids spell casting and replace it with Dragon Shames Touch of vitality and a few spell like abilities like clam and speak with animals

I'm trying to think of a way to turn the Adept from DMs guide into a fun PC class for casters I'm thinking by giving it bards spells per day and adding one to each spell level(so at second they would have 4 zero level spells and 1 first level spell before bonus from high ability) and at twenty they would have 5 at all levels) and some advance learning to personalize them and get a bigger spell list

I was thinking the Player could pick to be either Arcane Adept
pick two schools to be specialization schools and at level two they pick one spell from each school to learn and at every three levels then get one spell from any school (all Advance learning would be from Wiz/Sorc spell list)

or pick a god and be Divine Adept
getting two domains and one domain spell per spell level advance learning every three levels and turn undead instead of summon familiar at 2nd level

No being multi class Adept/Adept

so I need some advice on making a 6th level spell list for the adept and anything else I might have missed also is there someway to make custom class table

urbanwolf
2011-07-25, 09:27 PM
so for now Im thinking for6th level adept spells I will give

the Mass version of the buffs they get at second level
so bear endurance, bulls streaght and cat's grace

also

Mislead, cure light wounds mass, greater restoration and Chain lightning

also I messed up on explaing my idea for the arcane version

they would get two spell from one from each chosen school every even level not so they would add 26 spells to the list by level 20

The diven would get up to 18 12 from domains and 6 from advance learning so I think I might need to let them get a few more for better customization

I think I will also have both get spell failer from armor they will get all simple weapons but I wonder if I should bump up the BAB to 2/3 instead of 1/2
any thoughts