PDA

View Full Version : Holy/unholy weapon question

Marnath
2011-07-22, 09:31 PM
If a level 1 evil/good character picks up a holy/unholy weapon, do they instantly die? Or is the temporary negative level such an item produces incapable of killing you, instead rendering you unconscious or something? I ask because the wording is a little vague.

Zaq
2011-07-22, 10:04 PM
I see no reason why it wouldn't kill you.

See also: the Death Quiver.

Zherog
2011-07-22, 10:21 PM
A character with negative levels at least equal to her current level, or drained below 1st level, is instantly slain. Depending on the creature that killed her, she may rise the next night as a monster of that kind. If not, she rises as a wight.

So... death it is...

edit: it is a wee bit ironic, however, that death by holy weapon will create a wight.

Glimbur
2011-07-22, 10:45 PM
So... death it is...

edit: it is a wee bit ironic, however, that death by holy weapon will create a wight.

I just turned a character into a wight because he tried to have... improper relations... with a succubus who he thought was just a monk.

Quiver of Death is a bunch of Holy/Unholy arrows. The quiver is given to an opponent, who dies of negative levels. It is amusing.

druid91
2011-07-23, 12:08 AM
I just turned a character into a wight because he tried to have... improper relations... with a succubus who he thought was just a monk.

And this is why my characters are asexual murderous lunatics.

It's just so much safer than the alternative.