PDA

View Full Version : Combining companions?

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-23, 03:46 PM
Is there a way to combine a familiar, animal companion & Psicrystal into one critter? I'll take homebrew as well as official stuff if you have any.

Thanks,
K-B

bigstipidfighte
2011-07-23, 03:49 PM
Fochlucan Lyrist from complete Adventurer allows you to combine Animal Companion and Familier. As for Psicrystals I don't know, Psionics has a decent amount of support in various books so it might exist somewhere.

gorfnab
2011-07-23, 11:03 PM
Fochlucan Lyrist from complete Adventurer allows you to combine Animal Companion and Familier.
No it does not. However, Arcane Hierophant from Races of the Wild does combine Familiar and Animal Companion. Devoted Tracker feat from Complete Adventurer combines Mount and Animal Companion. Theurgic Bond feat from Dragon #325 combines levels of spellcasting that grant either an AC or Familiar to determine the abilities of the AC or the Familiar. Theurgic Mount from Dragon #325 does the same thing as Theurgic Bond but only applies to Mount abilities.

GoatBoy
2011-07-24, 03:52 AM
What? No homonculus?

WinWin
2011-07-24, 05:10 AM
Powers such as Fusion and Metaconcert can be shared.

Polymorph or Metamorphosis can be shared. Alter the form to Vermin and have them at the centre of a hivemind.

The amount of spellcasting and manifesting levels required for either of these methods makes these options impractical for anything but high level gestalt.

I can't really comment on homebrew as this has never come up in a game before (other than a Vermin Lord/Arcane Heirophant). I can only suggest making a multiclass feat along the lines of Devoted Tracker. May be even 2 such feats, one for a psion/arcane multiclass and another for a divine/psionic multiclass.