PDA

View Full Version : Looking for IRC 3.5 edition (MAYBE 4th)

exdeath64
2011-07-23, 06:30 PM
I'm a half decent RPer, and I've DMed in the past. But right now I'm trying to find a good IRC, or even a Java site where I can play D&D online without having to deal with those accursed play by post sites. Seeing how this is pretty much THE D&D resource on the interwebs, I figured yall would be the people to ask. Thanks in advance ^_^

The Dark Fiddler
2011-07-23, 07:58 PM
I'm a half decent RPer, and I've DMed in the past. But right now I'm trying to find a good IRC, or even a Java site where I can play D&D online without having to deal with those accursed play by post sites. Seeing how this is pretty much THE D&D resource on the interwebs, I figured yall would be the people to ask. Thanks in advance ^_^

If you're looking for a specific game, check the Finding Players forum and ask there. If you're just looking for a channel where you might be able to play, the folks over at the (unofficial) Giant in the Playground IRC Channel have several games a week, though it may be a while before a new one recruits (Slayah's game starts next week, you might be able to ask him if you come visit us!).

The channel is on the Gamesurge server and the channel is #Giantitp.

exdeath64
2011-07-23, 08:08 PM
Is Gamesurge the whole name of the server and all I need to know to connect to it?

The Dark Fiddler
2011-07-23, 08:10 PM
Is Gamesurge the whole name of the server and all I need to know to connect to it?

The server url is irc.gamesurge.net, so that's what you should connect to.

Unless your IRC client has Gamesurge already listed, I know mIRC does.

exdeath64
2011-07-23, 08:19 PM
Thanks man, I'll check it in a bit :smallbiggrin: