PDA

View Full Version : Looking for d20 Future adventures

Chernobyl
2011-07-23, 08:41 PM
Does anyone know of any space operatic adventure modules for d20 Future? I've looked around the Internet but haven't found any.

Thanks in advance.

Altair_the_Vexed
2011-07-24, 04:14 PM
It wouldn't take much to convert SW d20 or SAGA to d20 Future. There are a bunch of free SWd20 adventures out there if you dig round WOTC's archive.

Tyndmyr
2011-07-24, 07:39 PM
Does anyone know of any space operatic adventure modules for d20 Future? I've looked around the Internet but haven't found any.

Thanks in advance.

I'm considering writing one over this next week, as it happens. What kind of adventure tickles your fancy?

Assume that if it's sci-fi, and is even vaguely known of, I've almost certainly read it. This includes things published in analog back through the 60s.

There's a *lot* of places to go with Sci-fi, really. The trouble is figuring out what to do...

Chernobyl
2011-07-25, 10:37 AM
I'm considering writing one over this next week, as it happens. What kind of adventure tickles your fancy?

Having chatted with my players, I think we've got a pretty clear idea what we're looking for.

We'd like something that's a combination of space and planetary exploration, planetary combat, and ship-to-ship combat (as in drednoughts, not fighters), in that order of importance. The players' base of operations should be a ship, not a starbase or a planet. When they travel to a planet, the goal on that planet should be relatively clear, and not involve a ton of mapping and roaming around from hex to hex looking for some quest to pop up (that's what the space exploration is for). The PCs should be part of a large organization with fairly unlimited resources, so that equipping for a given mission should be more about bargaining with the supply officer than saving up gold pieces for that "special longsword." The PCs should be morally justified in killing certain aliens and collecting XP from them (this group is a bit on the munchkin side :smallsmile:).

Probably more than what you were looking for. :smallwink:

Chernobyl
2011-07-25, 10:39 AM
It wouldn't take much to convert SW d20 or SAGA to d20 Future.
Yeah, I guess. I've found that it's hard to genericize SW. You have to take it all, and my players don't really want to poke around in Lucas' imagination. :smallsmile:

Altair_the_Vexed
2011-07-25, 01:56 PM
...I've found that it's hard to genericize SW. ...
Really?
But SW is ultra generic already! Farm boy (secretly descended from knightly stock) is taught by a Good Wizard how to wield magic, becomes a Holy Knight, and defeats the Evil Knight and his Evil Wizard Master - in Space!

Tyndmyr
2011-07-25, 03:11 PM
Having chatted with my players, I think we've got a pretty clear idea what we're looking for.

We'd like something that's a combination of space and planetary exploration, planetary combat, and ship-to-ship combat (as in drednoughts, not fighters), in that order of importance. The players' base of operations should be a ship, not a starbase or a planet. When they travel to a planet, the goal on that planet should be relatively clear, and not involve a ton of mapping and roaming around from hex to hex looking for some quest to pop up (that's what the space exploration is for). The PCs should be part of a large organization with fairly unlimited resources, so that equipping for a given mission should be more about bargaining with the supply officer than saving up gold pieces for that "special longsword." The PCs should be morally justified in killing certain aliens and collecting XP from them (this group is a bit on the munchkin side :smallsmile:).

Probably more than what you were looking for. :smallwink:

Detail is the best of things. I love getting piles of details.

Well, since I'm in the Challenge over on the design side, I'll see about getting some sci-fi stuff worked up this coming week. No guarantees about how long I keep making stuff before getting bored with the theme, but hey, material is material. =)