PDA

View Full Version : Spam vs. everything?

Aerlock
2011-07-24, 12:22 PM
I'm playing in an upcoming gestalt game, same as this one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208302). I'm planning a PF Soulknife//rogue/master thrower/whisper knife for the attack spam and free weapons. I would like some tips on items or spells that I can use to spam status effects or ability damage/drain. Wounding is obvious but other than that, I'm not too familiar with ways to spam ability damage or any other status effects. Any feats would be nice as well, I do have one or two feat slots that can be opened up for the right feat. Now as this is a 20th level gestalt game the cheesier the better. Bring on all flavors, slices, wedges, and rounds. The smellier the better.

The preference is for attacks that can be spammed, but as most attacks will be ranged touch attacks one time use attacks or once per round attacks would not go to waste. Also anything that can be used on undead, constructs, or others immune to sneak attack would be extra nice. I would like to have some function against crit immune enemies.

TIA
- Aerlock

Flickerdart
2011-07-24, 12:28 PM
While not directly draining, a Suppression weapon (+2 bonus, XPH) hits its target with a dispel, so you could open with a volley of these to take down enemy Death Wards.

Aerlock
2011-07-25, 07:11 AM
Well the pf soulknife is out. :( There goes my infinite supply of free +5 daggers. Any suggestions on what to put in place of it? Never mind. Nothing to see here. Pf soulknife is in.

And on the topic of the thread, I had the spells grave strike, golemstrike, and vinestrike that soil let me sneak attack undead, plants, and constructs pointed out to me.

- Aerlock

Aerlock
2011-07-27, 07:45 AM
So the list stands at a suppression weapon and the strike spells from the spell compendium. Is that it? Is there nothing else that will let me spam status effects or help me be effective against crit immune foes? At this point I'll take any suggestions that might let me disable my does instead of doing straight up damage to them.

- Aerlock

Xtomjames
2011-07-27, 08:14 AM
Two feats to get are Nareph Charge or Nareph Throw and Deft Strike. Used together they can be devastating. (See Planar Handbook and Draconimicon).

Flickerdart
2011-07-27, 12:41 PM
How would Neraph Charge or Throw possibly help him? Deft Strike is likewise useless (and also a terrible feat in general since you are throwing away a standard action when you could be full attacking).

Divide by Zero
2011-07-27, 12:51 PM
Truedeath/Demolition crystals from MIC can save you some spells on undead and constructs.

aquaticrna
2011-07-27, 01:53 PM
there are some feats that let you sacrifice sneak attack die for ability damage, don't know their names or where to find them, but they exist =P

Flickerdart
2011-07-27, 02:09 PM
there are some feats that let you sacrifice sneak attack die for ability damage, don't know their names or where to find them, but they exist =P
Ambush feats. They have a variety of effects (from rendering the target shaken to paralyzing hands to attacking a familiar through its master - and vice-versa. That last one (Burning Link, Dragon 344) can be ridiculously potent against PC casters with familiars that they just keep "on their shoulder" for the bonus, because the things XP-bomb.

Circle of Life
2011-07-27, 02:11 PM
Lifedrinker weapons will apply two negative levels with each hit. Sadly, lifedrinker is a flat +38k (if memory serves, amount could be off) by reverse engineering math - I'm not sure if the PF Soulknife can apply flat-cost enchantments to its weapons.

If yes, make sure you get Soulfire armor or a casting of Death Ward before spamming yourself to death with negative levels. :smallwink:

mootoall
2011-07-27, 02:48 PM
Spammable status effects? Well, have I got the single use item for you. OA, the Eggshell Grenade. No save blindness? I'll take that any day. Especially since, since they require an attack roll, you can apply Sneak Attack ...

Yorae
2011-07-29, 12:27 PM
If you're going with soulknife anyway, don't forget about the Knife to the Soul blade skill for mental stat damage.