PDA

View Full Version : making the best unarmed damage fighter

Tilok
2011-07-24, 12:48 PM
hello guys.i am starting a fighter with these descriptions.

MUST BE human, unarmed only
NO psionic powers,
NO inhuman reaches and aberration bloods,
NO classes from Tome of Battle,
NO lawful alignments (monk etc)
NO shapeshifting related prestige classes and druid

must have that feats:
improved unarmed strike
superior unarmed strike
improved natural attack
snap kick

and any other you advice.

prestige class i may take is Brawler (Quintessential Fighter)

i don't have problem with spellacasters (wizards,sorcerers,clerics sorry no clerics)

i am waiting your response plz, iam desperate :smalleek::smalleek::smalleek:

tanderson11
2011-07-24, 12:50 PM
Well . . . if you are fine with spellcasters, just play a DMM persist cleric. If this is for an actual game you may play, however, you may get a DMG thrown at your head.

Rogue Shadows
2011-07-24, 12:50 PM
hello guys.i am starting a fighter with these descriptions.

MUST BE human, unarmed only
NO psionic powers,
NO inhuman reaches and aberration bloods,
NO classes from Tome of Battle,
NO lawful alignments (monk etc)
NO shapeshifting related prestige classes and druid

Mmn...Battle Dancer, pg. 26 of the Dragon Magazine Compendium, originally in Dragon Magazine #159.

It's essentially a Chaotic, Charisma-based monk. A bit on the weak side, but should require only minimal tweaking to fix.

Divide by Zero
2011-07-24, 12:51 PM
All those restrictions, but you can still play full casters? :smallconfused:

Cleric 20, or some combination of Cleric and full casting prestige classes, is probably your best bet. Standard Clericzilla, but with unarmed attacks instead.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-07-24, 12:56 PM
Get at least one level of Spirit Lion totem barbarian. Two if it's Spirit Lion and Wolf totems, so you can trip. Take whirling frenzy variant as well.

You won't be able to get improved natural attack until 6th level, as it's not a fighter bonus feat, so fighter dip would be useless. If you're planning on using a weapon, take snap kick at 6th level. If it's just unarmed strikes, wait 'til 9th level for that and take improved natural attack at 6th level.

Bovine Colonel
2011-07-24, 01:01 PM
I'm gonna agree with Cleric. DMM Persist, or if that gets books thrown at you, DMM Quicken.

Divine Power and Righteous Might are great self-buffs.

Also: all those restrictions but nothing on full casters? Really? :smalleek:

Soranar
2011-07-24, 01:03 PM
A cleric with the War domain and a deity with unarmed strike as it's favored weapon.

As soon as you qualify take Sacred fist and you'll get to punch people in light armor (with a shield) while enlarged through righteous might.

You don't even lose a spellcasting level. You won't be able to qualify for a while mind (you need BAB 8 to take stunning fist which is a requirement for Sacred Fist) so you'll need to dip into a warrior class or take a full BAB PrC with full caster level (prestige paladin comes to mind but you need to be lawful good for that one).

Tilok
2011-07-24, 01:32 PM
is there are other feats that improve unarmed damage like superior and natural attack?

Soranar
2011-07-24, 01:33 PM
is there are other feats that improve unarmed damage like superior and natural attack?

Not really. Some classes have a faster progression though. The PrC fist of the forest makes your unarmed strikes progress faster than a monk's. Other than that I can't think of anything.

Midnight_v
2011-07-24, 01:46 PM
Greater Mighty Wallop is what? Like a 3rd level Sorceror spell?

Seems like that could be pretty decent right?
Mighty wallop is level 1 you might be able to get lots of milage out of that.

TehLivingDeath
2011-07-24, 05:02 PM
This might be exactly what you're looking for:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50588

Groverfield
2011-07-24, 06:55 PM
Bar2/Ftr2 is the best way to get into the Fist of the Forest PrC, which is good for any nonmonk unarmed fighter. Use the Barbarian variant with pounce.
Few feats I'd recommend:
Improved Critical (Unarmed)
Flying Kick (+1d12 on charge unarmed damage)
Roundabout Kick (extra attack at same attack bonus after each hit, couple with improved critical)

Tactics: Charge for full attack, +1d12 with unarmed hits, criticals give you another attack, tumble out of their range and run away to charge again, or bounce from enemy to enemy (tumble-charge to move out of the opponent's range.) Call yourself "Ken Masters."

Question of my own, does a Fist of the Forest's unarmed damage increase while wearing a monk's belt?

TehLivingDeath
2011-07-24, 07:55 PM
Question of my own, does a Fist of the Forest's unarmed damage increase while wearing a monk's belt?

Yes. Fist of the Forest is weird because while it doesn't explicitly advance the monk's unarmed damage, it's unarmed damage entry does states that, if you already deal that much damage, you advance to the next step on the monk's table.

By wearing a monk's belt you get d8 unarmed damage which is the same damage dice one level of Fist of the Forest grants you, so you advance to d10. Due to the weird wording however, you get no benefit if you already had monk levels or get to the 3rd level of Fist of the Forest.

That's my reading of it, at least.