PDA

View Full Version : Mobility Increasing Feats

Timeless Error
2011-07-24, 07:33 PM
I'm currently working on a build for a level eight melee character based on being able to move easily and quickly around the battlefield. So far, Evasive Reflexes has caught my eye, as well as (improved versions of) Dodge, Mobility, and Spring Attack. What other feats can you suggest?

EDIT: There was a slight bit of confusion on this, so just to clarify: This is for an E8 build (a variant on the E6 variant of D&D 3.5) (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/E6_%283.5e_Sourcebook%29).

Urpriest
2011-07-24, 07:41 PM
Underfoot Combat and its relatives are fun. Nothing says mobility like running around, under, and on top of your enemies.

Scarlet-Devil
2011-07-24, 07:44 PM
Elusive Target is crazy awesome (Complete Warrior). It lets you negate power attack from the target of your Dodge feat, makes someone flanking you hit the guy he's flanking with, and gives you a free trip attempt against someone who misses an attack of opportunity against you (I think).

Timeless Error
2011-07-24, 08:09 PM
Underfoot Combat and its relatives are fun. Nothing says mobility like running around, under, and on top of your enemies.

The prerequisite is size Small or smaller, and I'm going human (although now I'm wondering how this would all work on a whisper gnome).

Elusive Target is crazy awesome (Complete Warrior). It lets you negate power attack from the target of your Dodge feat, makes someone flanking you hit the guy he's flanking with, and gives you a free trip attempt against someone who misses an attack of opportunity against you (I think).

OK, Elusive Target is in my build now. Thanks!

Seerow
2011-07-24, 08:19 PM
The prerequisite is size Small or smaller, and I'm going human (although now I'm wondering how this would all work on a whisper gnome).

Pretty Awesomely tbh (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872846/I_May_Be_Tiny,_But_Youre_Dead:_the_other,_melee_Ki ller_Gnome,_for_your_pleasure.)

But to answer your actual question, consider a dip into swordsage to pick up some of the teleport maneuvers? Some of the best mobility in the game right there.

Also, there's a couple more spring attack feats in PHB2 that give you iterative attacks on a spring attack, which are good if you can afford them. (Though pounce is much more efficient)

Big Fau
2011-07-24, 08:24 PM
Travel Devotion.

Timeless Error
2011-07-24, 08:30 PM
Pretty Awesomely tbh (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872846/I_May_Be_Tiny,_But_Youre_Dead:_the_other,_melee_Ki ller_Gnome,_for_your_pleasure.)

Wow. Awesome build. *Makes notes*

But to answer your actual question, consider a dip into swordsage to pick up some of the teleport maneuvers? Some of the best mobility in the game right there.

Also, there's a couple more spring attack feats in PHB2 that give you iterative attacks on a spring attack, which are good if you can afford them. (Though pounce is much more efficient)

The build is for an E8 world, and I believe that BAB +12 is required for Bounding Assault and Rapid Blitz. However, pounce is something to look into. Is the Lion Totem dip worth it for a mobile character?

Travel Devotion.

Brilliant. *Adds to build* Huh...how many should I take?

Seerow
2011-07-24, 08:41 PM
The build is for an E8 world, and I believe that BAB +12 is required for Bounding Assault and Rapid Blitz. However, pounce is something to look into. Is the Lion Totem dip worth it for a mobile character?

Ah I must have missed you saying that.

But I'd take a Lion Totem dip before wasting 3 feats on spring attack any day of the week, twice on sunday.

Timeless Error
2011-07-24, 08:50 PM
Ah I must have missed you saying that.

But I'd take a Lion Totem dip before wasting 3 feats on spring attack any day of the week, twice on sunday.

I didn't mention it in the OP. I guess that's a pretty relevant piece of info, so I'll put it in.

Also, the versions of Dodge and Mobility I'm using are greatly improved (as in, "Dodge now allows you to add half your level to AC, and not just to a single target" kind of improved, and Mobility got some improvements too and was a decent feat anyway).

HappyBlanket
2011-07-24, 08:59 PM
Huh... I wonder how Elusive Target works with things like Expeditious Dodge. Hopefully you just pick one target, but get the AC bonus universally (out of curiosity; what Mobility and Dodge are you using? I have a character of my own that my benefit from this thread). Swordsage'd.

Anyway, are you using flight? If not, Up The Walls might be helpful... Though it's really taxing on the build, with it's prereqs and all. In the very least you'll probably need to take a class level.

As for Travel Devotion? Three maximum. It's a great feat, but you won't be needing to use it more than once an encounter. And there are other feats you'll need to boost your damage and such.

Timeless Error
2011-07-24, 09:20 PM
Huh... I wonder how Elusive Target works with things like Expeditious Dodge. Hopefully you just pick one target, but get the AC bonus universally (out of curiosity; what Mobility and Dodge are you using? I have a character of my own that my benefit from this thread).

The versions of Dodge and Mobility I'm using can be found under the feats section here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202888).

Anyway, are you using flight? If not, Up The Walls might be helpful... Though it's really taxing on the build, with it's prereqs and all. In the very least you'll probably need to take a class level.

As for Travel Devotion? Three maximum. It's a great feat, but you won't be needing to use it more than once an encounter. And there are other feats you'll need to boost your damage and such.

No flight. Up the Walls sounds good, if I can find a way to get a power point reserve. Thanks for the input on Travel Devotion.