PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Nerf or Firearms experts

Jeebers
2011-07-24, 11:52 PM
I'm trying to find a bandolier that will hold nerf darts. I noticed that the one Nerf sells only carries a few darts, with the rest of the space being devoted to carrying clips.

Each Nerf dart is .5 inches wide, and 2.8 inches long. Does anybody out there know of a bandolier that could carry a lot of those? I don't care if it's from a costume, firearms, or toy company. I just want something that works.

billtodamax
2011-07-25, 03:51 AM
To be frank, that sounds like the sort of thing that would be really easy to make if you have access to a sewing machine.

Jeebers
2011-07-25, 03:55 AM
Unfortunately, I don't. And I have no experience in sewing either.

Spartacus
2011-07-25, 04:23 AM
Huh. Decimal Imperial. Not everyday I see that.

Cheesegear
2011-07-25, 05:17 AM
Unfortunately, I don't. And I have no experience in sewing either.

Might be time to learn?
Sorry, I have nothing helpful to add.

James the Dark
2011-07-25, 07:52 AM
Are there bandoliers for .410 shotgun shells? Those might be around the proper diameter.

Wraith
2011-07-25, 08:20 AM
During my brief career in Nerf Warfare, a number of people bought 12g shotgun belts from eBay (like these ones (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-2-new-bandolier-belts-shotgun-shells-/170670633362?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bcc33192)) to use. They're very good - there's a variety of colours, materials and styles to choose from, and they're also reasonably cheap to boot.

Sometimes they were a little loose and you'd lose the odd bullet while crawling around if you weren't paying attention, but there are equivalents for different sizes that aren't much harder to come by, and they can be a little more snug. :smallsmile:

imperialspectre
2011-07-25, 12:10 PM
A Google search for <.410 bandolier> turns up a bandolier with a 50-round capacity advertised as holding .410 rounds. I can't find any listing for handgun rounds in the .44 mag range, so the above is probably your best bet.

If you go with Wraith's suggestion, get the 20 gauge bandolier instead of the 12 gauge. 20 gauge rounds are smaller, so the loops are more likely to hold Nerf darts without letting them slip out.

Trekkin
2011-07-25, 01:48 PM
I'd go with Velcro, actually. The easy way is to just take two long 1.5 inch wide strips of it and lay the darts in the middle, pressing them together in between. It would make pulling the darts out a lot easier and the whole thing would be reconfigurable.

Triaxx
2011-07-27, 07:32 AM
I use a .410 for rabbits, and a rifle bandolier works just fine, since the cartridges are the same size. The average nerf dart is about the same size.

Technically, I use one that's intended to fit on the stock of the gun, but the stock is too small, so I wear it on my arm.

Deth Muncher
2011-07-27, 11:34 AM
Alternate hypothesis - get something with lots of pockets. That's how I roll - I have my grandad's old hunting vest, with minimum of three big pockets and about 6 smaller pockets. I probably roll around with upwards of 200 darts on me at all times, minimum. Also cargo pants.