PDA

View Full Version : incantatrix build 3.5

dhusarra
2011-07-25, 02:57 AM
one friend wants to play sorcerer/incantatrix/any prc class..any possible builds for better versatility? :)

Zonugal
2011-07-25, 02:59 AM
Could always push your friend towards doing something like a Sorcerer/Sand Shaper/Incantrix/Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil.

dhusarra
2011-07-25, 05:05 AM
that's a very interesting idea :).could you tell me the build step by step?i see the initiate is very good prestige class.i didn't saw yet the sand shaper :)and if you can remember any other combination with incantatrix is appreciated :)

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-07-25, 06:36 AM
that's a very interesting idea :).could you tell me the build step by step?i see the initiate is very good prestige class.i didn't saw yet the sand shaper :)and if you can remember any other combination with incantatrix is appreciated :)

Sandshaper is good because it gives the Sorcerer a bunch of free spells known.

You wouldn't be able to fit everything in before level 20, though... at least not without Early Entry Cheese which most GM's would frown on.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-07-25, 10:23 AM
A (Desert (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/environmentalRacialVariants.htm#desertKobolds)) Kobold with the Greater Draconic Rite of Passage (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060420a) will probably be your strongest choice for race. If you can get away with it, take Dragonwrought and start out venerable age for +3 Int, Wis, Cha without any physical penalties, details in Races of the Dragon. If you can get away with even more, take the Loredrake archtype from Dragons of Eberron for +2 levels of Sorcerer spellcasting ability and no drawbacks.

In any case, you should gain Iron Will via a visit to the Otyugh Hole detailed in Complete Scoundrel so you won't have to spend a feat on it.

Vandicus
2011-07-25, 10:42 AM
If the DM allows Dragonlance there's always the white dragonspawn template.

This next part isn't really a recommendation to help versatility, but since sorcerors often play blaster mages, arcane thesis from PHB II might be worthy of consideration, and Reserves of Strength from Dragonlance as well.

Zonugal
2011-07-25, 02:21 PM

I think the build that I had constructed a long time ago was this:

Male Middle-Aged Human Sorcerer 5/Sandshaper 1/Incantrix 8/Initiate of the Seven Fold 6
Initial Stats: Str 10, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 11, Cha 16
Feats: Metamagic feat [1st], Apprentice (Woodsman) [Human], Spell Focus (Abjuration) [Flaw], Skill Focus (Spellcraft) [Flaw], Greater Spell Focus (Abjuration) [3rd], Touchstone (City of the Dead) [5th], [6th], Iron Will [Otyugh Hole; 6th] Bonus Metamagic feat [Incantrix 1st; 7th], [9th], Bonus Metamagic feat [Incentrix 4th; 10th], [12th], Bonus Metamagic feat [Incantrix 7th; 13th], [15th], [18th]

I will try to re-examine the build in time, I'm sure we can re-shape it into something better.

Vandicus
2011-07-25, 02:27 PM
I think the build that I had constructed a long time ago was this:

Male Middle-Aged Human Sorcerer 5/Sandshaper 1/Incantrix 8/Initiate of the Seven Fold 6
Initial Stats: Str 10, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 11, Cha 16
Feats: Metamagic feat [1st], Apprentice (Woodsman) [Human], Spell Focus (Abjuration) [Flaw], Skill Focus (Spellcraft) [Flaw], Greater Spell Focus (Abjuration) [3rd], Touchstone (City of the Dead) [5th], [6th], Iron Will [Otyugh Hole; 6th] Bonus Metamagic feat [Incantrix 1st; 7th], [9th], Bonus Metamagic feat [Incentrix 4th; 10th], [12th], Bonus Metamagic feat [Incantrix 7th; 13th], [15th], [18th]

I will try to re-examine the build in time, I'm sure we can re-shape it into something better.

Take empower at the least, add in rapid metamagic if he doesn't learn arcane spellsurge.

Zonugal
2011-07-25, 03:26 PM
Another possible build which might be easier to handle than the one posted above is something like:

Middle-Aged Human Sorcerer 6/Sand Shaper 2/Incantrix 2/Abjrant Champion 4/Incantrix 6 (BaB +12; CL 19)

A feat progression like this might be nice:
Invisible Spell [1st], Apprentice (Woodsman) [Human], Combat Casting [Flaw], Skill Focus (Spellcraft) [Flaw], Iron Will [Otyugh Hole; 3rd], Hardened Criminal (Spellcraft) [3rd], Touchstone (City of the Dead) [6th], Extend Spell [Incrantrix 1 Bonus; 8th], Item Familiar [9th], Arcane Thesis (your favorite spell) [12th], Sculpt Spell [15th], Persistent Spell [Incantrix 4 Bonus; 16th], Deceptive Spell [18th], and Quicken Spell [Incantrix 7 Bonus; 19th].

dhusarra
2011-07-26, 04:50 AM
thanx a lot any other suggestion with sorcerer/incantatrix are appreciated :)