PDA

View Full Version : duplicating (a 3.5 weapon enchant)

chainer1216
2011-07-25, 02:52 PM
so, i'll be running a game soon, and as it turns out the party is horrifically unoptomised, and i've been thinking of how i can help them out a bit, specifically, one of them is a TWFer and buying two magic weapons really cuts into you're WBL so i was thinking of throwing him a bone with this

duplicating
+2
as a swift action you create an exact copy of the enchanted weapon that appears in you're free hand. it immediately disappears if it leaves you're hand.

so if a fighter had a +3 flaming duplicating Katana in his main hand, as a swift action he could create another +3 flaming duplicating Katana in his offhand.

so what do you think?

Prime32
2011-07-25, 03:02 PM
I've created something similar.

Twin Weapon
Conjuration
Level: Brd 1, Duskblade 1, Hexblade 1, Pal 1, Ranger 1
Components: S, F
Casting Time: 1 swift action
Range: Touch
Target: Item touched
Duration: 1 minute/level (D)
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless, object)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless, object)

Originally developed by rangers who had access to only one magic weapon, this spell has since spread to other users.

Touching an item, you create a duplicate of it which shares its magical and mundane properties. This duplicate functions only for you, and vanishes if either it or the original item leaves your hands. If the original item has any abilities with a limited number of uses, the duplicate draws from the original's pool of uses. Effects which target one item affect both items, so that a magic weapon spell can enhance two swords at once, and damaging one of the pair damages both.

A dvati caster may have the duplicate materialise in the hands of his twin, and can pass it between both of his bodies without ending the effect.

Focus Component: The item to be duplicated. You must be capable of holding this item with one hand.
(put a wand chamber in the weapon)