PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Ways to get immunity to Fatigue

Frosty
2011-07-25, 07:09 PM
This is a pure Pathfinder game (we're not really using 3.5 resources). My party consists of a lv7 Witch, a Rogue, an Inquisitor, and my human Cavalier (we're fairly caster-lite in this game). Being a Cavalier, Charging is a big part of my game plan. One of the reccuring bosses in our campaign really likes the use the "Scirroco" spell from the Advanged Players Guide. Any creature that takes damage from the spell is auto-fatigued, no save.

My character took an alternate racial trait that allows him to ignore Fatigue/Exhaustion 1/day, so for him him he's not doing too badly. His Special Mount (uses Animal Companion rules basically) however doesn't have ANY protection vs Fatigue. That means the moment the boss decides to cast that spell centered on me and my mount, the Charging options disappear as a fatigued mount can't charge.

So, I'm looking for ways for my mount (and I, secondarily) to either become resistant/immune to Fatigue or have a way to remove Fatigue very, very quickly (preferably as a Standard Action). Keep in mind that our only main caster is a Witch, and she's Evil so she may not prioritize the learning of restorative spells. What feats might my mount take (my mount is intelligent since I put his stat-increases into Int. He now has 3 Int.) or what items might be bought/crafted in order to take care of this problem?

Trying to get resistant to Fire is too expensive (especially at level 7), and there's no guarantee that I can get an item good enough to always negate 4d6+15 or so Fire damage.

Bhaakon
2011-07-25, 07:58 PM
If one of the other PCs has a passable UMD, you can get one of them to use a wand or scroll of invigorate (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/i/invigorate) on your mount (1st lvl bard spell: ignore fatigue/exhaustion effects for 10 minutes per level, 1d6 non-lethal damage when spell expires).

Frosty
2011-07-26, 11:01 AM
Well...none of us spec in it...but I've got 12 CHA, and it's a flat DC 20 to use a Wand right? If I spare some skill points, I can make it 50% of the time by level 9

Fitz10019
2011-07-26, 11:49 AM
Eat your vegetables. [Love, MoM]

Person_Man
2011-07-26, 12:18 PM
Tireless feat: Reduces the effects of Fatigue/Exhaustion by one step. Thus Fatigue effects do nothing to you, and Exhausted effects make you Fatigued. Player’s Guide to Faerun pg 46.

Heavy Legs construct graft: You take no penalty from being Fatigued. If you are Exhausted, you are instead treated as Fatigued. -2 hit points, -2 Swim, 6,000 gp, Faiths of Eberron pg 158.

NamelessNPC
2011-07-26, 12:33 PM
He said PF material only

ericgrau
2011-07-26, 01:16 PM
Potion of lesser restoration, 300 gp.

Allnight (adventurer's armor) removes it for only 75 gp, but gives a -2 to skill checks and leaves you exhausted 8 hours later.

Horizon walker 3 for terrain dominance (desert) for fatigue immunity. Doing a search in the SRD this and being a construct/etc. were the only ways to get actual immunity.

Frosty
2011-07-26, 01:55 PM
Potion of lesser restoration, 300 gp.

Allnight (adventurer's armor) removes it for only 75 gp, but gives a -2 to skill checks and leaves you exhausted 8 hours later.

Horizon walker 3 for terrain dominance (desert) for fatigue immunity. Doing a search in the SRD this and being a construct/etc. were the only ways to get actual immunity.

I will be going Cavalier for all 20 levels, and I don't think my Animal Companion horse can take Horizon Walker. Is Adventurer's Armor a PF sourcebook?

subject42
2011-07-26, 01:57 PM
Adventurer's Armory is a PF sourcebook. You can find the description of the item (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services#TOC-Allnight) on the PFSRD.

Frosty
2011-07-26, 02:26 PM
Hmm...wouldn't a Potion of Restoration be better than the lesser version? Alchemists have it as a 2nd level Formula. I need to go read up on how they brew potions with their Formula and such...

grarrrg
2011-07-26, 07:11 PM

You missed one.
Lame-Cursed Oracles get immune fatigue at level 5 (and immune exhaustion at level 15)
But 5 levels is a pretty high investment for a primary-melee char.

ericgrau
2011-07-26, 10:03 PM
Aha I only searched for "immunity" not "immune". I could have missed others. A quick search revealed some at high level (e.g., boreal bloodline) and some 3rd party material. I think shaman (3rd party) might get it early through one of the spirits, but I only glanced at the class.

Oracles can be made into melee but the thing is 5 levels is a big investment period on a character that already exists.

Frosty
2011-07-27, 12:53 AM
I am pretty much only looking for feats, items, and low-level spells, since I will NOT be taking any levels other than Cavalier, and my horse can't take levels.

ericgrau
2011-07-27, 01:09 AM
Aha found something. A potion of invigorate makes you effectively immune to fatigue and exhaustion for 20 minutes, only 100 gp. You could UMD a wand at 30 gp per charge. Not sure if it works if used before the fatigue; it's worded a bit odd.

There's the feat country born to prevent fatigue 1/day but it must be taken at level 1.

Frosty
2011-07-27, 02:11 AM
Aha found something. A potion of invigorate makes you effectively immune to fatigue and exhaustion for 20 minutes, only 100 gp. You could UMD a wand at 30 gp per charge. Not sure if it works if used before the fatigue; it's worded a bit odd.

There's the feat country born to prevent fatigue 1/day but it must be taken at level 1.It's the alternative racial feature called Heart of the Field, and I already have it. Why would a CL1 potion of Invigorate vost 100 GP and last 20 minutes? It should be 50gp no? However, this IS the best and most cost effective idea thus far.

Darrin
2011-07-27, 05:37 AM
Why would a CL1 potion of Invigorate vost 100 GP and last 20 minutes? It should be 50gp no?

Not if it's a Paladin-only spell. Paladins must have a CL 2 (4 class levels divided by 2) in order to cast spells, so all potions/wands created by Paladins assume CL 2 is the lowest possible caster level. 1 x 2 x 50 GP = 100 GP.

Corlindale
2011-07-27, 10:02 AM
Not if it's a Paladin-only spell. Paladins must have a CL 2 (4 class levels divided by 2) in order to cast spells, so all potions/wands created by Paladins assume CL 2 is the lowest possible caster level. 1 x 2 x 50 GP = 100 GP

I don't think that's right. In Pathfinder paladins have a CL of (Class level)-3, so the minimum caster level is still 1, isn't it?

Frosty
2011-07-27, 11:53 AM
PF paladins have Class Level - 3 for CL, and also, Invigorate is a Bard 1 spell anyways.