PDA

View Full Version : Wilde Shape Forms You Like

backpackjack
2011-07-25, 09:01 PM
What wild shape forms do you like, find handy, or find useful. I'm going to play a druid and want to get a sense of where I'm headed. I realize that you have to select them based on the environment, but our group is experimenting with serious limitations on the number of shapes you can have.

Tvtyrant
2011-07-25, 09:05 PM
Lesser Battle Briar grants you trample, Nat AC, an at will reflex save attack, natural attacks, and spine defenses. Its basically a Tier 4 by itself.

Force
2011-07-25, 09:09 PM
See the Druid Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=1354.0). That should get you started.

If you want us to be more specific, you're going to have to tell us what sort of limits your DM is thinking of imposing, as well as what the setting looks like. If you start at a high enough level you can pump Know:Nature enough to make rolls high enough to know quite a bit about even the rarer creatures.

Eldariel
2011-07-25, 09:38 PM
Depends on my Druid. I like to pick the most appropriate options for each type based on the kind of Druid I'm playing. That said, reasonably safe picks:
- Brown/Polar/Dire Bear/Trex: Straight-up brawler with Grapple.
- Tiger/Dire Tiger/Lion/Raptor-type Dinosaur: Basic charger.
- Elephant/Sanguaro Sentinel: Trampler (act as brawlers too).
- Any avian (Roc, Dire Eagle, Dragonhawk, what-have-you): Flier

And some aquatic form (Polar Bear has a swim speed but optimally I'd want something like a Shark or some such for swimming; Giant Squids are pretty nasty-effective too) and something burrowing (Dire Badger, yay?). Of course, once you get Plant-shapes there's a whole world of options out there (Octopus Trees, Ironmaws, Tendriculous, all the good stuff) and of course, Elemental Shapes on top of that.

Tvtyrant
2011-07-25, 10:19 PM
Giant Squid is also good if you use the feat that lets you use up wildshape for wings; now you can actually use it on land.

Aurenthal
2011-07-25, 10:24 PM
There is also the: Bear, riding a bear, while summoning other bears

nyarlathotep
2011-07-25, 10:30 PM
With a feat you can assume the shape of a twelve headed cryohydra. That is all.

TroubleBrewing
2011-07-25, 10:35 PM

That feat got renamed to "winning the argument" in our group after a particularly heated discussion between the Cleric and the Paladin got out of hand.

The Druid got renamed to "Irritable Ike", but not to his face.

kabreras
2011-08-08, 03:25 PM

What feat does allow that ? cant find it...

Eldariel
2011-08-08, 03:26 PM
What feat does allow that ? cant find it...

Frozen Wildshape, Frostburn.

MeeposFire
2011-08-08, 03:38 PM
War troll. The troll won't burn no matter how much you flame me...

gkathellar
2011-08-08, 04:46 PM
Fleshraker Dinosaur.

/thread

aquaticrna
2011-08-08, 05:08 PM
legendary eagle, just try and touch me now! (with a monk's belt and wilding clasp for that sweet sweet wis+1 to ac!)

TehLivingDeath
2011-08-08, 05:37 PM

This, and another feat lets you assume the shape of a ten-headed shrieking terror. Weaker than the hydra, but a viable target for venomfire (assuming your DM doesn't ban the spell, which a lot of them do).

FMArthur
2011-08-08, 06:04 PM
Fleshraker Dinosaur.

/thread

Yeah, this. Fleshrakers are absurdly good.

Optimator
2011-08-08, 07:04 PM
Ironmaw is my favorite. Saguaro Sentinel is fun too. Shadow Dragon is also stupid-good, assuming you have the feat.