PDA

View Full Version : Monster Classes... Worth it?

Rossebay
2011-07-25, 11:02 PM
I was looking at the Monster Classes presented in Savage Species, and I really liked the look of Ghaele. What I want to know is, is it worth it? Also, does it count as a Spellcasting Class for the purposes of qualifying for prestige classes? On top of that, do levels in Prestige Classes increase your spells-per-day like they normally do?

I couldn't find anything on that. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough...

Greenish
2011-07-25, 11:10 PM
I was looking at the Monster Classes presented in Savage Species, and I really liked the look of Ghaele. What I want to know is, is it worth it?Purely from power perspective, no. If you want to play a high HD/LA monster in a mid to high op game, look into homebrew.

Also, does it count as a Spellcasting Class for the purposes of qualifying for prestige classes?Yes.

On top of that, do levels in Prestige Classes increase your spells-per-day like they normally do?If they'd normally do so, they still do, but only to the cap.

Rossebay
2011-07-25, 11:13 PM
Alright, thanks. I guess I'll just take it to level 5 to avoid any LA, then Prestige from there.

kharmakazy
2011-07-25, 11:17 PM
Alright, thanks. I guess I'll just take it to level 5 to avoid any LA, then Prestige from there.

SS specifies you have to take all the levels IIRC. Your DM might let you do it that way though I suppose.

Rossebay
2011-07-25, 11:47 PM
SS specifies you have to take all the levels IIRC. Your DM might let you do it that way though I suppose.

He does, thankfully, or it'd be useless to me. Haha.