PDA

View Full Version : The Allcarnate

Tvtyrant
2011-07-25, 11:34 PM
The Allcarnate uses the rules for shared essentia (pointed out to me by Zaq) with the Necrocarnate to get almost full access to both the Incarnate and Totemist melds. At the moment the build goes Incarnate 4/Totemist 2/Necrocarnate 13. To get the proper amounts of spellcraft it needs either an item familiar or taking skill focus: Spellcraft.

The basic point is that while the melds for Incarnate and Totemist cannot be used in each others chakras, they (by my reading) both work in the chakras of the Necrocarnate. Likewise the extra souldmeld and extra chakra bind of the Necrocarnate both work with Totemist and Incarnate melds. This means you can't bind feet, hands or crown for Totemist, but you can bind Arms, Brow, Shoulder, Throat, Waist and Heart.

I might be wrong about the Necrocarnate, but I think the wording allows it.

Psyren
2011-07-25, 11:57 PM
I'm not nearly Incarnum-savvy enough (yet) to definitively tell you if this works or not. I just wanted to point out (in case you weren't aware) that if you don't like the whole "torturing baby souls for teh evulz" fluff of Necrocarnate, the adaptation on MoI 135 lets you turn it Good and dispense with the squick.

Tvtyrant
2011-07-25, 11:59 PM
Vivicarnum certainly deals with the "not in an evil party" issue. Though I don't mind the soul-squick; I would play a Lawful Evil dude who tortures evil souls as a form of punishment.

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-07-26, 12:10 AM
I'm not sure if it is entirely RAW-legal, but I like the idea of it. Assuming you aren't going Necrocarnate and just drowning anthills for NI essentia, then this is rather a cute idea on double-dipping base classes.

After all, the Incarnum rules involved with using PrCs is weird at best, non-friendly and dysfunctional at worst.

Person_Man
2011-07-26, 10:10 AM
Necrocarnate requires the ability to bind your crown, feet, and hands chakra, plus 10 ranks in Spellcraft, 5 ranks in Knowledge (relgion and arcana), and the Necrocarnum Acolyte feat. Because of the Spellcraft requirement, you need to go Something 7 (not 6)/Necrocarnate 13.

The Necrocarnate does not include the "if you have more then one meldshaping class to which you belong before becoming an Whatever, you must decide which class..." It's meldshaper level and how it gains new souldmelds and chakra binds is very vaguely worded. A reasonable DM would probably limit you to one class, but by RAW you could theoretically progress your meldshaper level and choose soulmelds and chakra binds from either class. Either way, my suggested Necrocarnate progression for you is Sorcerer 1/Totemist 2/Incarnate 4/Necrocarnate 13. Sorcerer gives you the ability to use all Sorcerer spell trigger items (wands, staves, etc) without UMD, and it gives you a Familiar, which qualifies you for the Share Soulmelds feat, which doubles your power output. Totemist unlocks your Totem chakra. Incarnate unlocks crown/hands/feet. Necrocarnate unlocks arms/brow/shoulder/throat/waist/heart/soul, and gives you the very useful essentia harvesting abilities. If you don't like the fluff, use the Vivicarnum variant.

Tvtyrant
2011-07-26, 03:53 PM
That was why I suggested an item familiar; you can get in by level 5 or 6 that way. I agree on the purpose of the different binds; totem and soul are very good.

dextercorvia
2011-07-26, 04:11 PM
That was why I suggested an item familiar; you can get in by level 5 or 6 that way. I agree on the purpose of the different binds; totem and soul are very good.

IIRC, Item familiars give you a bonus on a skill rather than additional ranks. They aren't something I'm super used to though, so I could be wrong.