PDA

View Full Version : Share Soulmeld?

Krüsher
2011-07-26, 11:20 AM
Hello playground!
The other day I was looking into manticore belt builds for totemist and I came across the "Share Soulmeld" feat. Now the accepted reasoning by this forum thread was that using Share Soulmeld on your familiar would give you double your essentia bonus of spines shot by your manticore belt. Now I haven't put much research into it, but when I read the feat it didn't seem to include chakra binds (like totem). What do you think?

Person_Man
2011-07-26, 12:31 PM
It's very poorly worded, and depends heavily on your DM. Possible readings:

1) Your Familiar or Companion shares the bonuses/effects that your soulmelds have on you. For example, it would get any Skill buffs, bonuses to damage, hit points, Energy Resistance, Damage Reduction, etc.

2) Your Familiar or Companion shares the bonuses/effects that your souldmelds and your chakra binds have on you, since chakra binds basically just improve soulmelds. Thus it could also get Evasion, tons of extra natural weapons, etc.

3) Your Familiar or Companion basically has access to all of your soulmelds and chakra binds, and can actively use them just as you do. Thus it could shoot Dissolving Spittle, hit an enemy with Flesh to Stone, etc.

My personal reading is #3, but even if your DM rules with #1 it's still worth taking if you're an Incarnate.